Discussion Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Exactly.


There's not really a max but ofc things will get more complicated if there are more players. I doubt one host could handle more than 30 players but who knows, there might be people who are capable of games with 40 or 50 players :XD

I doubt we will get 30 players but even if, that would be my definite limit. 30 players in your first game as a host would be quite a challenge...
I mean, look at the numbers. Even with ~20 players around, "I'm a Townie, I have no role" is seemingly the best Mafia lie ever.
Now, what will happen if we have 30 players, with 7-8 regular Townies with no role whatsoever?
Could you imagine the mess :XD

Omg, let's make this happen, a bloody mess :zomg
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
More work for you :derp

Poor host. I was afraid to screw up with the most simple night ever (two PMs) :XD
Well it's no fun if it's no challenge :shout I will manage somehow, though I don't doubt it will be stressful and difficult :XD

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

I mean, look at the numbers. Even with ~20 players around, "I'm a Townie, I have no role" is seemingly the best Mafia lie ever.
Now, what will happen if we have 30 players, with 7-8 regular Townies with no role whatsoever?
Could you imagine the mess :XD

Omg, let's make this happen, a bloody mess :zomg
Like Gary just said, it's definitely an interesting experience but is really difficult to handle. Not sure I would want to host a game with 40 or 50 players even if I had the skills. Host has to read all the shit and will get 30 PM's or so at night... just imagining :faint

and NO :nah
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
And in a 40-50 player game, how on the earth are we going to spot the Mafia and keep them away from blending in? I'm not even sure we would be able to spot who posted less. Throw in 3+ daily post requirement and if the host makes it to the end of the game, I will nominate his name for the victory instead.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Like Gary just said, it's definitely an interesting experience but is really difficult to handle. Not sure I would want to host a game with 40 or 50 players even if I had the skills. Host has to read all the shit and will get 30 PM's or so at night... just imagining :faint

and NO :nah
:toc
When I become experienced enough to host, I'll do that for you :toc
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
:lmao

Anyway, I don't think I could manage reading 50 people worth posting. :oh
In Mafia games no one reads more than 5 people anyways :cookiehand
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
In Mafia games no one reads more than 5 people anyways :cookiehand
Well if you're talking about how not many people actually post, then yeah, but that's 5 out of 10-15. But when there are 50 players, I bet there would be at least 10 people that post regularly, maybe more.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock

GAME 24
01 [user]digitaldude[/user] - Vayne
02 [user]3c[/user] - Jarvan IV
03 [USER]dark lord[/USER] - Graves
04 [USER]MidoBan[/USER] - Twisted Fate
05 [USER]X3D2YFaust[/USER] - Blitzcrank
06 [USER]Hakuteiken[/USER]
07 [USER]Josef K.[/USER] - Jayce
08 [USER]scav[/USER] - Amumu
09 [USER]Hardy[/USER] - Warwick
10 [USER]Farfalla[/USER] - Nidalee
11 [USER]jorped[/USER] - Lulu
12 [USER]benelori[/USER]
13 [USER]Arctigor[/USER]
14 [USER]gnut[/USER] - Brand
15 [USER]Darjaille[/USER] - Lux
16 [USER]Adorien[/USER] - Fiora
Hm, so, I need to pick up someone.. :plot
Miss Fortune.

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

In Mafia games no one reads more than 5 people anyways :cookiehand
Imagine the possible dialogues:

Player A: You are being inactive!!
Player B: What about the other 35 people who are as inactive as me :zomg
Player A: :oh
 

Darjaille

Custom Title
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 16, 2011
Messages
5,405
Reaction score
3,207
Gender
Hidden
Country
Slovakia
Haku, go Morgana!
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Haku, go Morgana!
It was an option, but her eyes looked too frightening.
I was about to say Vladimir, but happened to read his character bio :darn
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
But Haku, I was okay with Ahri! :gwah You didn't need to do that. But thanks!
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
But Haku, I was okay with Ahri! :gwah You didn't need to do that. But thanks!
You are welcome :amuse

And it seems like niichan was already more than ready to kick me out of Fiora :zomg
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
You are welcome :amuse

And it seems like niichan was already more than ready to kick me out of Fiora :zomg
xD Well maybe cause you said it was okay..?
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Probably :XD
Not a massive problem, anyway. I found myself another cute character :zomg
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
March 2nd is the earliest I will go with, as long as that's not a problem for someone. That's next saturday, gives everybody time to relax a bit.
go with it nii-san


:)
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
March 2nd is the earliest I will go with, as long as that's not a problem for someone. That's next saturday, gives everybody time to relax a bit.
There was someone raging over a weekend start in the previous game, forgot who, but again, that might be a problem.
It's okay for me, anyway.
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
March 2nd sounds good!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top