Discussion Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
True, but it goes both ways. The FI can also reveal Townies with nighttime abilities to the Mafia or Third Party. It's both Pro and Anti Town in my opinion.
Ah, that's a bit different, then. I don't know if we can implement it that way, but sounds fun to me.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,102
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
True, but it goes both ways. The FI can also reveal Townies with nighttime abilities to the Mafia or Third Party. It's both Pro and Anti Town in my opinion.
Why would they want that to risk being discovered? Just look a his game: day 4, everyone has claimed their role.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
The problem with that is such discovery will come at the cost of kill trades for the Mafia.
That is, if the Investigator reveals a set of four people with two deaths involved to you, the Mafia is pretty much screwed up, since the checklist will be so much narrowed down. At that stage, killing one of those four who are Townies at night is pretty pointless, since it would help Townies even more.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
gnut seems to be a bit off with that comparison :XD
I meant that the normal investigator had to be alive for the amateur one to get right answers...that was what I was referring to
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
I meant that the normal investigator had to be alive for the amateur one to get right answers...that was what I was referring to
You needed to mention about what you had in your mind :toc
But still, no, the amateur one will always get wrong results, if there is a normal one also. What Gary said was like an Insane Doctor, with 50% reachability of truth.
In that case, there is no need for a normal one also.

Like either 1 Normal Investigator + 1 Amateur Investigator or 1 Insane Investigator.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
The problem with that is such discovery will come at the cost of kill trades for the Mafia.
That is, if the Investigator reveals a set of four people with two deaths involved to you, the Mafia is pretty much screwed up, since the checklist will be so much narrowed down. At that stage, killing one of those four who are Townies at night is pretty pointless, since it would help Townies even more.
But the Townies still have to have the Forensic's statements proven somehow. And someone blocking or protecting two different people looks the same as a mafia doing two different killings. That's where the dayphase comes in to get the picture clearer for a player with a role that gives partial information. Like if you're a Detective or Doctor and don't know if you're sane or naive.

I meant that the normal investigator had to be alive for the amateur one to get right answers...that was what I was referring to
That's still wrong, you misunderstood. I meant that it would be fun to have one regular investigator and one hapless one. Just having a hapless one seems sort of cruel to me. And just having a regular one seems to be somewhat OP by most here, so he should be x-shot if on his own.

The Amateur is different to me because he only learns the role with a coin flip. Another nice compromise.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
NO NEW ROLES FOR THE NEXT GAME, I'M TRAUMATIZED :arf
They're just general suggestions.

Then don't mention how you're adding a role to the list that hasn't even been used. That will remove confusion for the following games.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
But the Townies still have to have the Forensic's statements proven somehow. And someone blocking or protecting two different people looks the same as a mafia doing two different killings. That's where the dayphase comes in to get the picture clearer for a player with a role that gives partial information. Like if you're a Detective or Doctor and don't know if you're sane or naive.
Yeah, that's why we need a counter for that. If the Townies could be sure about the results, then it becomes too much of an ask for the Mafia to counter.
I thought about making it a silenced role, therefore, one that isn't claimable, but then, it takes away most of the fun, so, the inclusion of amateur sounds better.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
But the Townies still have to have the Forensic's statements proven somehow. And someone blocking or protecting two different people looks the same as a mafia doing two different killings. That's where the dayphase comes in to get the picture clearer for a player with a role that gives partial information. Like if you're a Detective or Doctor and don't know if you're sane or naive.



That's still wrong, you misunderstood. I meant that it would be fun to have one regular investigator and one hapless one. Just having a hapless one seems sort of cruel to me. And just having a regular one seems to be somewhat OP by most here, so he should be x-shot if on his own.

The Amateur is different to me because he only learns the role with a coin flip. Another nice compromise.
alright.,...I see...

you mean either one or the other is in the game...not at the same time(unless its a big game)...

:paperbag
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
They're just general suggestions.

Then don't mention how you're adding a role to the list that hasn't even been used. That will remove confusion for the following games.
I know dude, don't take me so seriously :XD

You mean the innocent child or what? I added it to the list because it got approved by Evil. It's never been used so I expect the next host who uses the role to mention it, I learned from my past mistake :XD

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

thank you I am in only if i am ivankov
Well im in, but in the days 28-31 I must be traveling... so i need to know the date of the game xD
If it's only a few people, I'm in too!
.... I'm in.
im in too. cant miss the OP theme.

Sign up for possible Mafia Game 25 (starting date 28 March - 1 April)

[USER]3c[/USER]
[USER]gnut[/USER]
[USER]jorped[/USER]
[USER]Hardy[/USER]
[USER]digitaldude[/USER]
[USER]lawlett-kun[/USER]
[USER]MidoBan[/USER]
[USER]Evil3ye[/USER]
[USER]Josef K.[/USER]
[USER]TheBoss[/USER]
[USER]Farfalla[/USER]
[USER]Mazino[/USER]
[USER]dark lord[/USER]

I can't believe how many people are signing up :XD
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
People stop signing up, or Mr. Sexy aka. Evil will resign :uguu
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Yeah, that's why we need a counter for that. If the Townies could be sure about the results, then it becomes too much of an ask for the Mafia to counter.
I thought about making it a silenced role, therefore, one that isn't claimable, but then, it takes away most of the fun, so, the inclusion of amateur sounds better.
But it isn't any different than a sane detective figuring out he's sane and claiming that. Just maybe a bit more powerful. But you're dead meat late-game if the mafia chooses. But meanwhile he's already outed all the other pro nighttime roles.

I know dude, don't take me so seriously :XD

You mean the innocent child or what? I added it to the list because it got approved by Evil. It's never been used so I expect the next host who uses the role to mention it, I learned from my past mistake :XD
No, I meant adding the investigator variants. No real point in adding until they're used. I haven't checked the first post, but you said you were adding Naive Investigator as well.

I've decided that's fine (I would have called him Hapless, personally) but Amateur Investigator should be the one with the coin flip :cop
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
People stop signing up, or Mr. Sexy aka. Evil will resign :uguu
He can bear with 15 people I hope :hee

We should pm everyone like the Hunter x Hunter guys
God no, please. I love some of the guys over there but overall, they're just too.... hardcore :toc

No, I meant adding the investigator variants. No real point in adding until they're used. I haven't checked the first post, but you said you were adding Naive Investigator as well.

I've decided that's fine (I would have called him Hapless, personally) but Amateur Investigator should be the one with the coin flip :cop
Ah, no. That was a mistake on my part, I won't add them. If I should use a variant in the future, I will mention it. Whatever bitch, as long as you don't sign up you're lacking the right to suggest new roles :nah
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top