Discussion Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
20,014
Reaction score
6,629
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Indeed, this has been a pretty dull game so far. People don't even care enough to spam, and that's telling if you consider the last few games at least.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I have to admit that I'm really disappointed too. Not only does Nii-chan put a lot of time into creating the game set-up, but I'm setting a lot of things aside to play as well. When I MAKE time to play the mafia game, I expect the other players to do the same. This game so far has been boring and stale, and it's the players' fault. I feel like I'm wasting my time by playing and it makes me not want to play in the future. If you sign up for the god damn mafia game, then fucking commit to it!

And I would also like to point out that my vote on the first day to kill a player merely because I get the feeling that they don't care about the game and won't be useful is ridiculous. I should never have that problem and be able to vote for someone for that. All the players should be participating to the fullest, regardless of the fact that your role it "just boring townie" or whatever. The normal townies can change the entire dynamic of a game too, and it's more impressive since they don't have abilities.

I posted this reply here and not in the game thread because I'd rather that thread serve the purpose of actually talking about who the mafia/townies are, not for how active the players are.
If I didn't care about the game, I would not have signed up. NOr would I have even tried to play as seriously as I did last game, which annoyed the hell out of me because I had to keep repeating myself. Yeah, I screwed up like forgetting who I investigated, but at least I made an attempt to recall the info. Then people kept bringing that up, as if I made no attempt or made a grave mistake forgetting when the information was right in my freakin' inbox. I'm not nor will I ever claim innocence, but it's not like the players are saints either. It's like, no matter how much I repeat stuff, I still kept being attacked or asked the same thing over and over.

But my strategy was bad this game. :<
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
If I didn't care about the game, I would not have signed up.
Signing up for the game does not prove you actually care about it. And I'm not talking about previous games or games in general here. I'm only referring to this one.
 

MidoBan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
28
Reaction score
358
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The first days always are kinda "meh"... and in this game, have less spam than normal ( i think last game, day one was kinda similar) MG always take time to start the good part, so calm down a little.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Rather than continue "trolling" with "I R MAFIA," I admitted I was a townie. And as I've said, there was a plan behind my posts.


It just didn't work out so well. <_<
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Indeed, this has been a pretty dull game so far. People don't even care enough to spam, and that's telling if you consider the last few games at least.
Maybe people are burned out?
 

MidoBan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
28
Reaction score
358
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Rather than continue "trolling" with "I R MAFIA," I admitted I was a townie. And as I've said, there was a plan behind my posts.


It just didn't work out so well. <_<
What is the plan?
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Goddamnit Milly, just stop. We don't discuss the game here before it ends, any more and I will delete your posts and ban you for the next games. Rules are rules, so please respect them.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

The first days always are kinda "meh"... and in this game, have less spam than normal ( i think last game, day one was kinda similar) MG always take time to start the good part, so calm down a little.
It's really slow though, probably the worst of what I've witnessed so far. Not much of a problem if it gets better, but 6 people haven't voted yet and 2 didn't even made 3 posts. Whatever, I'm not going to rant here :XD just wait how things develop, we can talk enough about that topic afterwards.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
I actually like it. Sometimes inordinate amount of posts is not really necessary. If you notice, the discussion is not straying from the game and is not going on unrelated tangents. The activity by a few can be picked up though.
 

DLord.Van.Buuren

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
1,716
Reaction score
1,226
Gender
Hidden
Country
Japan
Goddamnit Milly, just stop. We don't discuss the game here before it ends, any more and I will delete your posts and ban you for the next games. Rules are rules, so please respect them.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------



It's really slow though, probably the worst of what I've witnessed so far. Not much of a problem if it gets better, but 6 people haven't voted yet and 2 didn't even made 3 posts. Whatever, I'm not going to rant here :XD just wait how things develop, we can talk enough about that topic afterwards.
You need to change the title so you can accurately keep track of posts. I made two other posts that you obviously missed. :)
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Goddamnit Milly, just stop. We don't discuss the game here before it ends, any more and I will delete your posts and ban you for the next games. Rules are rules, so please respect them.
What? What's wrong with talking about what already happened? I'm trying not to talk about the game in motion or the current day....
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
What? What's wrong with talking about what already happened? I'm trying not to talk about the game in motion or the current day....
Nothing is really wrong with discussion but it should be discussed after the game because almost every instance in which it is discussed during the game it eventually strays into a discussion that compromises the actual game. It shouldnt be Niichans job to monitor the discussion all day everyday to make sure the discussion does not stray (and it always strays). By constantly continuing the discussion about the current game you are forcing him to sit and monitor everything. It's unreasonable to do that to him and its why he is getting frustrated. That's why everyone is avoiding the topic because its just common courtesy.

It's not that hard to stay silent until the game is fully over and then everyone is free to talk.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I feel that people are judgin a bit too early on the activity of the players. Could be that many are busy since it's a weekday. Maybe more will be free near the weekend and on weekend, but that's just my two cents.
 

MidoBan

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
28
Reaction score
358
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Goddamnit Milly, just stop. We don't discuss the game here before it ends, any more and I will delete your posts and ban you for the next games. Rules are rules, so please respect them.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------



It's really slow though, probably the worst of what I've witnessed so far. Not much of a problem if it gets better, but 6 people haven't voted yet and 2 didn't even made 3 posts. Whatever, I'm not going to rant here :XD just wait how things develop, we can talk enough about that topic afterwards.
See nii-chan? the game is evolving xD
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Deleted a bunch of posts, stop discussing the game now. Partly my fault for complaing too but let's end it here and focus on the game for now.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top