Discussion Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
It wasn't my intention to "defend" niichan. If that was the case, I defended DD as well when he was new to hosting. I don't think there's anything to defend. I just think people are giving critiques, and some of them I happen to disagree with, that's all.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Restless Spirits don't have conventional active roles either. They can't do anything during the night or day, unless they're killed. Then they get a vote just like anyone else. They don't have killing power, they can't give new insight to the game other than what is offered in the thread. My guess is that they were added for the sake of balance.

No host is perfect. Evil changed the Mafia Detective role for the first time when I was Mafia the time before last. He didn't tell anyone beforehand either. We were thrown for a loop, but the change wasn't something I disagreed with either. I'm not really trying to compare hosts, all three are different people and I'm grateful for them giving up time out of their day to host. So don't get me wrong. I just don't believe turning the game on it's head or removing some of the conventionality everyone is supposedly used to is a bad thing. It offers something different, and it looks to be a trend since the Mentor role was introduced two games ago. New roles were talked about prior to the game, so it's no surprise that some were added. There aren't set rules, like you have to have a certain number of Regular Townies, or even have one at all...past games prove that. Some games have even lacked a Sane Detective or Sane Doctor.

That's all I'm going to say for now, so I'll shut up. But I just can't agree with the sentiment that the role distribution is set in stone or that it has to follow a certain blueprint. It's still Mafia, it just adds a new wrinkle to it and it doesn't bother me really. It might have been a bit too much all at once, I couldn't disagree with that.
My main problem was how people reacted to our critique (and it wasn't even Niichan!), even after Niichan asked us to wait for the game to end first, and so we did it. People just kept bringing it back, bashing as well, and that turned into a silly world war 3, LOL. You guys might disagree with the ones that criticized the game, but that's just our opinion. Niichan can check what we're saying and agree with it or not. I don't recall someone calling him a bad host, and yet you posted as if we did. I don't think he's doing a bad work, just to make it clear, and I really appreciate that he's hosting, since he's smart and have the time. The reality is that Niichan accepts critique better than some people here, lulz... Anyway, if people stop bringing this back, let's wait for the game to end indeed.


And here Milly is twisting things again XD I also don't recall anyone saying you're kissing his ass. You have your opinion just as we do.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Well, sorry if it came off that way, it wasn't my intention. It's not as if Evil and DD haven't received shit for some of their decisions. I have my own critique/thoughts, but I'm saving it for afterwards. Disagreement isn't anything new here, lol.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
It wasn't my intention to "defend" niichan. If that was the case, I defended DD as well when he was new to hosting. I don't think there's anything to defend. I just think people are giving critiques, and some of them I happen to disagree with, that's all.
I'd defend anyone who was hosting and being attacked, though. At least, if they were being attacked in a rude way.

otherwise as long as it's nice and/or constructive, and not constant complaints, I don't care.

i dont want to ruin all this butt kissing toward niichan
^^^

One person said it though, as far as I know.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
He was just being a smartass, it's scav :lulzobito
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I'm just sayin', I wasn't twisting anything or lying when I said someone said "asskisser," though I guess it did look like I was accusing a lot of people when I wasn't.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Well, sorry if it came off that way, it wasn't my intention. It's not as if Evil and DD haven't received shit for some of their decisions. I have my own critique/thoughts, but I'm saving it for afterwards. Disagreement isn't anything new here, lol.
I only said "you" once. But I agree with what you said there^

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

I'm just sayin', I wasn't twisting anything or lying when I said someone said "asskisser," though I guess it did look like I was accusing a lot of people when I wasn't.
I'm sorry about that then. Although I disagree with something you said before.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Eh, don't blame you as I do tend to act like that. All I'm saying is that it's not fair for niichan to be attacked, like shitty host and the likes. Otherwise if you point out the issues you have with new roles, I don't mind. I'm actually hopin they don't get included, to be honest.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I only said "you" once. But I agree with what you said there^
I know, that's why I posted what I did. I didn't intend for my words to come off as an overreaction either, but they apparently did. Just a disagreement about the new roles, etc.
 

Imperium

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
5,221
Reaction score
10,351
Gender
Hidden
Country
Heard and McDonald Islands
Finally we've agreed to argue about it at the end of the game. I didnt know whether to get the popcorn out or wait. I was stuck in popcorn limbo. :popcorn


:howdyho
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I am still pissed I had to repeat the same thing over and over. -_-
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
I had a word with niichan now, and I figured there were some things that went not quite well, yep. But the "damage" inflicted to the rest of the game is reduced to a minimum now, so there is not really a point in discussing it now.

He knows what he did wrong himself very well, so why keep on bashing? :howdyho
 
  • Like
Reactions: M3J

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I FEEL LIKE DANCING

OH SWEET GLOOORRRRYYYYYYYY


I retract those statements if I'm still suspected. :-_-
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Shut up about the game already...goddamn
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
:hip
 

Mazino

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2012
Messages
1,468
Reaction score
3,190
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
nice one scav-baby
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top