Discussion Mafia Game "Discussion" Thread v.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Jesus christ you guys sure like to attack hosts . Let them do their own thing
There's no hate here. Niichan mentioned the idea in passing during/after the last game and it was pretty controversial and the response was mixed, but maybe slightly more to the negative side. He didn't really mention doing that prior to people signing up and I don't think it's a good idea to change the formula too much for his first game.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,463
Country
Fun Forum
I'd actually like to see what'd come out of it.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Just let more than 16 people play, the more the merrier, and this talk of substitutes will end.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
Just let more than 16 people play, the more the merrier, and this talk of substitutes will end.
I'm a noob host, I think I can't handle too much players.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I'm a noob host, I think I can't handle too much players.
16 is already a big number, so I think one or two more would not hurt. Maybe 20?
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I think it's better if Faust or any first-time host sticks to the same, solid play rather than add or change things, as it could complicate the game. Once Faust builds experience, then I'm sure he can try substitution, although I'm still not warm to the idea.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
I guess you guys are right. We can't be sure that this substitute thing is complete shit until we test it. I will not be a part of the testing, however. I don't think it's fair and I don't think it makes ANY sense compared to hostkills.

When you sign up for a game, you play the game. If something horrible comes up and you CANNOT play the game, then the host can either excuse you for a day phase or hostkill you. I just don't see anything wrong with that process.

Don't fix it with some shitty solution when it wasn't even broken in the first place.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Hostkilling is broken, it takes the life of a player >_> (and who'd excuse someone for a day phase? THAT is unfair).

Investigator role is even more broken though, lol.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Hostkilling is broken, it takes the life of a player >_>
Hostkilling is not broken. The players are. If you're going to blame someone, blame the little shit who signed up for a game and decided not to play.

(and who'd excuse someone for a day phase? THAT is unfair).
If someone's dog died or car broke down or whatever, and they needed to take a day away from MH and the host excuses them, that's unfair?
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
blame the little shit
Whoa, harsh language.


But yeah, hostkilling doesn't make the game imbalanced. It actually makes it more balanced, or at worst changes nothing. If there's voting, then rather than half locking the vote and the other half not locking vote, the inactive is killed and it'd turn into 6/10 or whatever locking their vote. Farier.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Hostkilling is broken, it takes the life of a player >_> (and who'd excuse someone for a day phase? THAT is unfair).

Investigator role is even more broken though, lol.
There have been instances of that happening. It depends on the host's discretion.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Whoa, harsh language.
But my mom uses that exact terminology towards her students. :worrybunny I thought it was a term of endearment.


:derp

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

y u no sign up gary?
I know, wrong??? I want to vicariously live through him, and here he is sitting out probably because of his ARTS and MOBA and all that crap! :arf What the hell, son!!:arf

Milly, notice I used crap instead of shit. Be proud.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
It's not the "shit" that made me go wtf, but you calling someone little shit. Dunno, just didn't expect that from you, so I was taken aback. Momentary surprise. :P


I think xi0's just taking a break though. No idea if it's because of the last game or whatnot.
 

Faust

Artist
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
5,120
Reaction score
20,234
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
You can now sign up for Game 27!
Date: June 9, 12:00PM (Philippine Time GMT+8)
[highlight]Theme: Fullmetal Alchemist[/highlight]


Limited Slots only, maximum of 13 players
[highlight]The slots are now extended to 16 players![/highlight]

Game 27

i always sign up...also since i didnt rlly get to play this time im pissed,i will kick some asses next time,if i get a crappy role though i will kill you faust :blush
an early addition.. (me) wants to join the fun.
I guess they are giving the new upstart a shot...it better be good too faust

:nod

i'm in
I am in. Livia is pretty busy...I dunno if she can find time.
FMA? i'm down :super
I'm free to play a mafia game. Count me in please, FAUSTACHE.
I'm signing up with only 16 players signed up! I know you can get 16!
yeah, when I'm playing and go to the mall I'm like "that dude is mafia for sure"

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

about the role modification... this new lovers sound just like a mentor/mentee with one being bulettproof

anyway, I'm in
When is it going to start? If it's after june 8, I'm in
Thx, so... i want to play too \o

I'm in, like a clothe in a washing machine.
fine...a friend's request..
okay I'm in..
F it in, I'm in Faust. But I'll be inactive like hell.
I want to play. I cannot promise I will be any good at it. :^_^

1. Mazino
2. wizzard
3. gnut
4. digitaldude
5. Xerous
6. dark lord
7. Nast. J
8. TheMoa
9. Farfalla
10. MidoBan
11. M3J
12. liductan
13. Hardy
14. Buffynut
15. lawlett-kun

[highlight]remaining available slots: only 1 left[/highlight]
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top