I‘ve been told that several people are planning to host games, so to avoid any problems like people cutting into each other‘s game signups and other things we may need a schedule of games.
For anyone who plans to host a game, you can either write in this thread for what month/day you‘re planning a game or edit it in the schedule yourself if you can.
Note that there‘s no limit to how many games can be had per month, but try not to have 2 games running at the same time.
Sign-ups!
To everyone who usually plays MG or those that don‘t want to miss signups, we‘re testing a new way to alert everyone to a new game instead of mass tags before each game.
All you have to do is go to>>this thread<<and press Watch on the top corner of the thread. I or a host will post there and notify everyone like this whenever a new game starts.
While hosting overall isn't necessarily hard, it's very easy to mess things up as we have seen plenty of times already. This naturally happens more often with newer hosts.
In order to get these new hosts familiar with how the game works behind the scenes and make it a smoother experience for everyone (no one wants a cancelled game!), we are establishing these sets of rules that follow the methods that have been used in the last 50 games:
-If it's your first time hosting, it's MANDATORY to have the help of someone that has hosted before. As long as they aren't banned, it doesn't matter if this person hosted twenty times or just once. This experienced host will be the "Main Host", while the new one assumes the role of "co-host".
-Tasks will be split in a rather equal manner so that the Main Host can keep things in check while the Co-host gets hands-on experience to learn properly.
-The Main Host has the final say when it comes to decisions (ideally, this won't need to be enforced heavily, it's mostly to avoid possible issues).
Once the game is over, the co-host can host on their own and even take the role of "experienced host" for a new host in need!
So you meant that as school? I thought you meant that as a regular mafia game and I really wouldn't like to have a speed up game where days and nights are only a few hours long each.
Yeah, I'd think more of a really small game where we got a mafia teacher and a townie teacher who both know the roles of everybody but the newbies don't and the teachers tell everybody, either via pm or in-game, what proper role-behaviour for those roles are or how to make sure how to avoid hostkills, etc.
Wait a second there, you want me to add you in the one that I will invite, I mean there other I could invite beside you as there still suspect.
Anyways I won't be there when the game end so votelock shobu.
So you meant that as school? I thought you meant that as a regular mafia game and I really wouldn't like to have a speed up game where days and nights are only a few hours long each.
Did you guys even read the discussion behind the idea....before voting against it?
@GrySun basically lumped all the ideas we talked about along with @Hardy
It was just aspect or game mode of play...
Others were tutorial games and smaller groups hence a speed game basically .
The shortened games were another idea about not having to commit a week to a game...hence inactivity and reluctance to host.
Only a few snowballs thrown out there...nothing solid was just brainstorming it.
@goodboy_lawlett "asako votelocked shobu" If she did why isn't her vote counted in the list? Was it overlooked?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Yeah, I'd think more of a really small game where we got a mafia teacher and a townie teacher who both know the roles of everybody but the newbies don't and the teachers tell everybody, either via pm or in-game, what proper role-behaviour for those roles are or how to make sure how to avoid hostkills, etc.
Man, bloody Mafia. After all that hard work, killing an old treeman, those mafias nowadays got no manners, I tell ya. Oh well, it was a good night for townies, better men than anybody else I say. XD