Shounen Magico by Iwamoto Naoki

AandWguy

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
96
Reaction score
4
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
CHapter is up in english on manga reader. Nice Chapter, wonder what will happen next?
 

RaveDragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
2,120
Reaction score
463
Gender
Female
Country
Malta
Cool chapter,

the teamwork was nice i actually had expected them to bust in and win like snap but thank heavens they worked quite nicely for it, not sure what could happen next but Emma's not doing good so lily's bound to help and im hoping Rogue and her will join the family (Rogue me loves this character he's so hyper! =D)
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
chapter is out,
OK I hope the bad guys will last a bit longer than the last ones this time otherwise I may consider dropping this serie. Having some short arcs may be good for a slice of life manga but it is time we get some story building and a villain that give shion some challenge.
 

RaveDragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
2,120
Reaction score
463
Gender
Female
Country
Malta
http://www.mangareader.net/magico/16

Well i Rogue and Lily didnt stay :( but their cute together :D wouldnt want to seperate them ^^

new baddies, they seem tough so im guessing this time the arc will be longer and although probably they will lose i can see them making a lot of comebacks. All in all a good start for a long arc =] I mean magico just started so i guess until some intoductions and such are steeled we cant have very long arcs so now is a good time though
 

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
After reading chapter 17 I can honestly say that magico's pacing is getting a bit irritating. I get that it;s still pretty new and they don;t want to go into long arcs and all too early but it gets a bit anniyong when they shove all these potentially lengthy arcs in front of us and blaze through them. It;s the sort of pacing I;d expect from something that;s about to be cancelled. The series is doing well for the moment so I really think the author should slow down the arcs a bit, They don't have to be long, but they shouldn;t have this rushed feeling to them that I;ve been getting for the last couple of weeks.

On the note of chapter 17 I do still expect Shion to get slapped around by the mage trio but the ending of the recent chapter worried me. I guess it;s fine since we already have one villain that will definently show up again, but Shion shouldn;t be too invincible.
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
you are too critical. how long is a fight arc of 3 fights supposed to last? this isn't bleach where a fight between two people lasts double digit chapter length.
 

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I;m not saying the fight has to be long(trust me I;m sick of Bleach fights entierly), I;m just saying the arc in general could have had a bit more buildup is all, as could some of the others. I mean it;s not enough that I don;t enjoy the series, but it;s just gettting a bit annoying to me is all.

Just my opinion. Take it as you will.
 

RaveDragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
2,120
Reaction score
463
Gender
Female
Country
Malta
I see what you mean but i think we should wait a bit to say this i think the author is actually building up something for a major arc right now and thats why its slow, plus Shion is world known if he was defeated easily by the first opponents it would show his hard work as much as it was shown already soo imo the author is showing how he grew strong and then will introduce some strong characters to struggle with.

Just give it a chance and some time although i see what you mean and respect your opinion, i totally understand, the fight seems too fast paced right now :/ which i believe is just to show Shions strenght after struggling for so long was not in vain i have confidence that there will be good arcs soon enough, this one prospects to be a fast one though ^^'
 

LoS

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
3,308
Reaction score
1,368
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Divinenega
I'll try to flesh out something you might not have yet realized, or given thought to.

The Echinada has been found/awakened, all the truly powerful/skilled/knowledgeable witches and wizards out there have realized this. Many of them want the Echinada for themselves, either for evil deeds, or for their own personal gain. What this means is, that tons of witches and wizards are out there searching for the Echinada, and they have tricks on how to locate it, as signs of Shion's passing are left everywhere. This means they are constantly on the run and are constantly being hunted. Realistically there should never be time for rest or relaxation. They must keep moving and continue at a rapid pace.
 

Divinenega

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
96
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I understand that things have to keep moving but again, it doesn;t mean the the pacing for some of the arcs can;t be a bit more streched out. I;m cool with short arcs it;s just that some of these feel as though they should be longer. I suppose it;ll happen eventually, but this is just something I noticed.

Again this is just my opinion. No need to make such a big deal out of it.
 

RaveDragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
2,120
Reaction score
463
Gender
Female
Country
Malta
Chapter 17 on MR; http://www.mangareader.net/magico/17/2

This time it wont be easy it looks like a major arc is going to start and shion is already beaten up so. Plus the other two seem much stronger, look at Luu's reaction and this one guy already got Shion bad, i dont know how he'll do it unless Emma and Luu help out.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,411
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Somehow, I got a feeling Rogue is gonna jump in outta nowhere to save Shion's ass.
 

AandWguy

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
96
Reaction score
4
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Chapter 18 arrives on manga reader.

Luu steps into the ring and has quite a fight. Nice Chapter.

Nice 1st volume cover as well.
 

RaveDragon

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
2,120
Reaction score
463
Gender
Female
Country
Malta
http://www.mangareader.net/magico/18/2

Luu...cute and crazy strong xD what a fight cant wait to see her combo! at least its not only shion fighting but i think we will see rogue and maybe lilly soon again ^^
 

AandWguy

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
96
Reaction score
4
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You think we will be able to see the full cover of this manga first volume?
 

masgrande

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2009
Messages
668
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
For some reason the cover feels really cute:D, I can't wait to see what they'll do for volume 2.

Edit:
Here is the raw for chapter 19 Link.
 
Last edited:

AandWguy

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
96
Reaction score
4
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Chapter 19 raw on manga head.

The unexpected from Magico and Luu.
I thought it would be a cliched chapter of Luu do a huge special move then the 3rd guy comes in and beats luu and shion comes in the last second and the next chapter after that. INstead Luu's ultimate is very different and cool.
 
Top