Discussion Manga Mommies' & Daddies' Corner

kiddo7

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2006
Messages
931
Reaction score
23
Gender
Hidden
Country
Austria
Re: Manga Mommies' Corner

well this sure is an interesting thread. I was not sure what I was going to fing when I read the title I thought it would be discusions about Anime caarachters that are moms. guess I was wrong.

@winterlion
I didn't know you where a mom... though I should have guessed. Always handing out milk and cookies.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Manga Mommies' Corner

But if it's not a bloody chapter, just print it out. My kids love colouring the manga pages and I can read it later again in all rainbow colours (- have you ever saw naruto with pink hair?)^^
LMAO

I have to see that. XD

So there's Luna as well. :nuts Nii-chan says that there's two more. Nyah. Which makes me wonder...I can imagine mommies here since I know two of you quite well, and I know that there was a father over at NF. But are there any daddies in here? o.O

Oh, Ni-chan. Scan the colourings. XD
 

conan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2006
Messages
613
Reaction score
4
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
Re: Manga Mommies' Corner

Dragonzair said:
LMAO

I have to see that. XD

So there's Luna as well. :nuts Nii-chan says that there's two more. Nyah. Which makes me wonder...I can imagine mommies here since I know two of you quite well, and I know that there was a father over at NF. But are there any daddies in here? o.O
isnt njt a father, someone should invite him over, I mean he is the founder of this website isnt he, I think he has one daughter.
 

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: Manga Mommies' Corner

I can imagine when I'm married, my wife will always make an excuse to use the PC every Thursday ^^
And it's not long now from that time >.<
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Manga Mommies' Corner

Well, I'm not married, yet. But I have two sisters. The eldest is 26 and currently living and working in another town. The other one is 11 now and she lives with my aunt. So, I usually go there once a week or so to check how she's doing. She likes manga too, I'm still limiting to what she can read. So far she's reading Naruto, One Piece and several other kiddy shoujo titles.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Manga Mommies' Corner

isnt njt a father, someone should invite him over, I mean he is the founder of this website isnt he, I think he has one daughter.
*smacks own frikkin' head*

>_<

How could I forget?! Me of all people?! Me, who wants to be adopted by Taye-chan, just so his daugter could be my sister. XD
 

WinterLion

Grand Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
4,586
Reaction score
1,386
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
Re: Manga Mommies' Corner

Eeeeeek!!! I've been neglecting our little mommy corner. Though yes it really should be a parents' corner. ^^; But Manga Mommies just sound catchier. :sweat But yes, Taychan definitely needs to join us here (hence my reason for saying daddies are welcome as well. ^^) Actually everyone's welcome here. As long as you don't mind the kiddie toys and mess. :p

rabb said:
my sister sees all anime as porn, so for my 18th christmas, she got me a ****** movie, thinking it was normal anime. it had tenticles, i hate tenticles. just a story for y'all.

ive got a question for the mothers: how do i get my mom to stop acting like shes as much of an otaku as me? she calls our cat Kotori (whom i named) papa-san after i started using honorifics, although she has no idea what san means, she'll walk in on me watching naruto, and ask if inuyasha has beat that bleach kid yet, and so on and so forth. i know shes just trying to be supportive, but (try as i might) i cant educate her in the way of otaku, and cant get her to stop acting like she knows everything.
Hmmm... sounds like your mom just wants something to do with you. If you don't like her getting involved in your manga stuff, then give her something else to spend time with you. If I remember correctly, I think you mentioned before that you're the youngest right? She's probably just feeling lonely because all her kids are growing up. :amuse So just spend some time talking to her, and if you don't want to talk about manga with her, steer the conversation to something else.

Srin Tuar's comment/question was
"I see. Do you read any light novels?"
To which my answer is, when I get the chance. ^^; Not very often anymore since I don't have the time, but I used to read a lot. :p

As for me... my side of the family, my parents and brother, all read at least a little manga and being Japanese we all grew up on it so we know manga doesn't equal porn or anything like that, so there's no problem with that. As for my husband, he likes his Chinese comics too (though he doesn't spend as much time on that stuff as I do here :p). So while he's not exactly thrilled about it, he's not against it either. ^^

@Luna: It's great to meet another manga mommy. I'll leave this thread in you and eni's capable hands for the most part, and drop in every once in a while. :p

As much as I would love to spend tons of time here... I can't. :p So sorry in advance if my participation in this thread is sporadic. :darn
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Manga Mommies' Corner

Take your time winny ... I think I won't be able to post here tooo muuuuch too, but at least there's now a place to go for us :D

Dragonzair said:
Oh, Ni-chan. Scan the colourings. XD
Don't have a scanner at home currently :darn
But I'll remember it, when I get a new one!

njt has a daughter? :luv
 

WinterLion

Grand Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 5, 2006
Messages
4,586
Reaction score
1,386
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
Re: Manga Mommies' Corner

eni said:
Take your time winny ... I think I won't be able to post here tooo muuuuch too, but at least there's now a place to go for us :D

Don't have a scanner at home currently :darn
But I'll remember it, when I get a new one!

njt has a daughter? :luv
Her name is Hina and I believe she's about the same age as my younger one. ^^
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Manga Mommies' Corner

WinterLion said:
Her name is Hina and I believe she's about the same age as my younger one. ^^
Cute :D

Hina - top girl name (pronunciation) of 2005, I've read it recently :amuse

*reads the baby names* ... hehe, that's somehow funny. Because I know all this names from (fantasy) manga, I can't really imagine that they are in "real use". Do you know how I mean?
More like fantasy tale names, e.g. Tolkien's elves or hobbit names xD

It also feels unusual for a German to have such a clear meaning within the name. It's not like we have much "Lights", "Lovechilds" or "Sunflowers" running around. We have to look in old books to find out what our name means >.> ... btw, as for me, my name means "servant of the god dionysus", which is the god that "freeing one from one's normal self, by madness, ecstasy, or wine".
*muhaha* ... lets bring madness and ecstasy to the world! Free your mind with eni! :kukuku :kukuku :kukuku
 

conan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2006
Messages
613
Reaction score
4
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
Re: Manga Mommies' Corner

I know what you mean eni, imagine someone naming his son aragorn, or gandolf jr, legolas, or frodo, that just wouldnt be right.

your name seems to amtch your personality somehow, at least your virtual mangahelpers one, I still remeber the commotion in bax's thread you caused after pairing temari and itachi, remeber what I said to you then?

finally in the purpose of sharing, my name means ........... Lion, yes I am a lion, how do you like that winter lion ;).
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: Manga Mommies' Corner

WinterLion said:
Her name is Hina and I believe she's about the same age as my younger one. ^^
So you mean you have more than one? I'm not sure where but you once posted that you were dealing with a three year old everyday, I guess it was that child you were talking about.
 

rabb

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
1,572
Reaction score
26
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Manga Mommies' Corner

elves are nothing. my sister named her kids after star wars characters. part of me feels bad for them, but the majority of me, the geek, wants to cheer for my sis XD

i was in the bookstore today, thumbing threw manga, and as i found one ive been looking for for months, i notice this lady, mid-twenties, id guess, with a two or three year old. the woman is going threw the books, same as me, and her little girl is just point at any random grouping of manga and going "mommy! this is dragon ball 1, this is dragon ball 2," et cetera. so i smiled at the cuteness of it all, and thought of you guys... then she looks up to me and says "excuse me, but how can you tell me how to tell what is appropriet for what ages" so im guessing she was just trying to figgure out what to get for one of her kids, but i still think it was cute; especailly the little girl.

and yeah, lion, you got it right, im the youngest. thank you for the advice, it makes a lot of sense. unfortinatly im not the most talkitive guy 90% of the time, but ill try to talk to her more.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Manga Mommies' Corner

conan said:
I know what you mean eni, imagine someone naming his son aragorn, or gandolf jr, legolas, or frodo, that just wouldnt be right.
well, I do know a boy named Aragorn and ..*counts*.. three girls named Arwen or Eowyn. But these are two very nice names. I wouldn't be surprised about Legolas and Frodo either :)

conan said:
your name seems to amtch your personality somehow, at least your virtual mangahelpers one, I still remeber the commotion in bax's thread you caused after pairing temari and itachi, remeber what I said to you then?
Thanks to that, I'm offically listed as a perv now. so it seems >.>

And no, my name fits my virtual personality only. People who meet me in reallife are always shocked how silent and shy I am >.<

rabb said:
elves are nothing. my sister named her kids after star wars characters. part of me feels bad for them, but the majority of me, the geek, wants to cheer for my sis XD
Depends on the names ... Lea and Luke would be ok, but Obi Wan or Amidala would be a little bit obvious xD

rabb said:
then she looks up to me and says "excuse me, but how can you tell me how to tell what is appropriet for what ages" so im guessing she was just trying to figgure out what to get for one of her kids
Ah, that's a good topic. Any manga recommandations for my sister (11 years)? :blink
Or any nice manga for younger ones?

I bought this one along with a few other small children books (Momotarou,...) to practice Hiragana reading some time ago (yes, in japanese xD): http://www.j-energy.co.jp/hanataba/square/wadai/0011.html
It's cute (and sad ;__;), but not really a manga. My daughter likes it, tough. We just need a translation xD
 

Luna

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 17, 2006
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
Re: Manga Mommies' Corner

@eni, translate yourself :P

Speaking of names, most of the people with, let's say unusual names, seems to be unhappy about that... well, some of them have the right, it can be pretty embarassing. But I always thought it's better to have a unique name than a very common one. (and I can understand the parents that want to name a kid after manga/star wars/any-other-obsession character XD)

My daughter's name is Nell :love

You know, my sister is 15 and she hates manga :(
I tried to force convince her, but nothing seems to work... any advice?


Oh, and I'll try to post/check this thread, though as you probably noticed, I don't spend much time on MH.. promised Eni that will change though ;)
 

conan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2006
Messages
613
Reaction score
4
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Jordan
Re: Manga Mommies' Corner

Luna said:
@eni, translate yourself :P

Speaking of names, most of the people with, let's say unusual names, seems to be unhappy about that... well, some of them have the right, it can be pretty embarassing. But I always thought it's better to have a unique name than a very common one. (and I can understand the parents that want to name a kid after manga/star wars/any-other-obsession character XD)

My daughter's name is Nell :love
I dont mind but I'd rather give someone a name of a role model of the real world, a sports player, or a a significant figure, maybe a historical figure, although I wouldnt pressure them to be the exact same person.
Luna said:
You know, my sister is 15 and she hates manga :(
I tried to force convince her, but nothing seems to work... any advice?


Oh, and I'll try to post/check this thread, though as you probably noticed, I don't spend much time on MH.. promised Eni that will change though ;)
well I think you should let her see an anime spisode, you see anime may be more appealing to teenagers, its coloured, more lively and the story progresses faster than manga, once she gets in the action thrill or the angst or comedy I think your evil scheme would find merit :p.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Manga Mommies' Corner

Luna said:
@eni, translate yourself :P
later, later ... let me learn it first >.>
I've read the German version of that book, so I can tell her without reading :XD

Luna said:
Speaking of names, most of the people with, let's say unusual names, seems to be unhappy about that... well, some of them have the right, it can be pretty embarassing. But I always thought it's better to have a unique name than a very common one. (and I can understand the parents that want to name a kid after manga/star wars/any-other-obsession character XD)
I also prefer unique names. My name isn't that usual here, but my sister knows a few girls with the same name. That's boring :p


Luna said:
My daughter's name is Nell :love
... and you're a Bleach fan, hahaha ... that's great :luv


Luna said:
I tried to force convince her, but nothing seems to work... any advice?
Give her a manga/anime that is about her fav hobby? Take her with you to a Visual Kei concert? :p

I think we shouldn't force ppl to the light when they prefer to stay in darkness >.>
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: Manga Mommies' Corner

Since we're in the subject of names, here's a question that won't ever stop popping into my head.

Just how tempted were you (if, the case was that you were already a manga/anime fan before you gave birth) to name your kids after your favourite characters? Or a reference to manga or anime?

Because everytime I think about it, I can't stop imagining kids with names based on characters. XD I mean, if I were to get a pet, I would so greatly take on the chance to name that pet upon a character. XD
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: Manga Mommies' Corner

Even Though I'm not a parent I hope it's not a problem i entered this conversation. If your family doea not know about you reading manga they will surely ask where you find that name. if they know they will say why give your child the name of a cartoon. The temptation might be very powerful on you but whatever the name you give it from a manga or anime, parent will be dissapointed or something like that.
 

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
9
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Manga Mommies' Corner

Dragonzair said:
Since we're in the subject of names, here's a question that won't ever stop popping into my head.

Just how tempted were you (if, the case was that you were already a manga/anime fan before you gave birth) to name your kids after your favourite characters? Or a reference to manga or anime?

Because everytime I think about it, I can't stop imagining kids with names based on characters. XD I mean, if I were to get a pet, I would so greatly take on the chance to name that pet upon a character. XD
When I read this, I was thinking that if your favorite character's name appear in the English-speaking community (not necessarily an English name, but a name that doesn't sound too exotic/made-up or obviously Japanese) then there isn't much problem. I doubt naming your kid Nell, Allen, or Robin would raise an eyebrow compared to Yachiru or Luffy :tem

Oh, and hello to all the parents here in MH!
 
Top