Hangout Manga Wars 2017 - Hangout

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,246
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I'm looking forward to reading the discussions of the ones I've not heard about, and maybe I pick them up :)

​
Akatsuki no Yona



Skip Beat!


Holyland



Planetes
​
​
 

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2015
Messages
4,312
Reaction score
3,702
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
@Brandish I just noticed this but your sig creeps me out, especially when it suddenly changes to something else
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,183
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
@Brandish the one i need to read definitevely is your nomination, heard so much great stuff about Punpun:zomg (and Solanin too) also need to pick 20th century boys and Vinland saga (it's been a while i wanted to start them... but procrastination and stuff... ) :bored there's also Mugen no junin but unfortunately i came accross Bratherley no basha 1st and found it so disturbing and disgusting, so now im reluctant about it.

@Shobu_Yoruichi yep it's great and the author is a huge fan of Urasawa and Araki he said in an interview he's inspired a lot by Urasawa's work so, it can't be wrong yep pliiiiz support TPN ♥
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
We've got a impressively all encompassing list at this point. The only manga I can think of that deserves to be on there, at least in my opinion, that isn't yet is Great Teacher Onizuka.

Good job everybody!:verily
For me there's still Planetes, Mushishi, Space Brothers, Real and, while we're at it, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind. Probably even more..
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,246
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
@Brandish I just noticed this but your sig creeps me out, especially when it suddenly changes to something else
It's from my nomination (sorry). I use a sig rotator gif and it randomly changes the images, there are 7 all up.

@Brandish the one i need to read definitevely is your nomination, heard so much great stuff about Punpun:zomg (and Solanin too) also need to pick 20th century boys and Vinland saga (it's been a while i wanted to start them... but procrastination and stuff... )
Those are all good :zomg Solanin at least is short.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Oh man... Love Hina was one of the first Shojo series I tried (the only other manga reader in my year in "upper secondary school" lent it to me). I do not have fond memories of it... :sweat (Sorry Farfs.)
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,690
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
As in it being bad or just some association you have with it? I think it's solid gag material xD (altho I think that School Rumble and Fullmetal Panic are better ones).
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
For me there's still Planetes, Mushishi, Space Brothers, Real and, while we're at it, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind. Probably even more..
I can understand that. There are tons I like. Though for me what's left is all stuff I wouldn't put on the same pedestal as much of what we've got nominated. Like Dungeon Meshi, Kimi ni Todoke, or Superior. Almost everything I would rate that high has already been nominated.:pleased
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,700
Reaction score
61,407
Gender
Male
Country
France
Someone should nominate Dungeon Meshi :pout.

EDIT: Just saw Jammin's post :XD.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
As in it being bad or just some association you have with it? I think it's solid gag material xD (altho I think that School Rumble and Fullmetal Panic are better ones).
Well.. both. :XD But I was like fifteen at the time, I wasn't exactly its intended demographic..

Though I did read Nana back then and found it pretty addictive.. don't know why. I liked the "rock band" side of the story. Then I found BECK, and Nana wasn't as good anymore. :derp (Still probably the Shojo manga I liked the most though.)
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,690
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Josei, JOSEI! xP

I rly think the story is very immersive, the chars have a lot of layers and you can actually notice development in some (main ones), it's easy for people to relate to a lot of things in it and some details of the animation (Ik it has nothing to do with this event) - like the fact they always use the same artists to record the OPs and EDs representing Nana (Anna Tsuchiya/Mika Nakashima - movie counter part) and Reira (Olivia Lufkin/Yuna Ito - movie counter part), make the whole thing super appealing to me^^

But I'll leave the tl;dr for the campaigns '-'
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Meant Josei. (Though I've seen it in Shojo Beat, I think).

Actually Nodame Cantabile is another good Josei. Better than Nana, I think, but haven't read either in a long time.
 

Juliana

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2015
Messages
197
Reaction score
467
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
I'm looking forward to reading the discussions of the ones I've not heard about, and maybe I pick them up :)
In that case, I highly recommend some short mangas: Hikari no Machi, Tom Sawyer, Nijigahara Holograph, Nigeru Otoko, Socrates in Love, Vitamin, The Wedding Eve, Kimi ni shika Kikoenai.

If you wanna kill yourself: The God's Lie, Hoshi Mamoru Inu.
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
FUUUUUUUUUCK

This is the third time someone took the mango I was going to nominate, and the vampire has to come back from the dead while doing it.
I was on the fence between that Biomega and Eden
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It was either yuyu,dragonball and ranma for me...i will always have love for them.
These were the series that got me hooked...but yuyu turned me to a fighter fan.

 

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2015
Messages
4,312
Reaction score
3,702
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
It was either yuyu,dragonball and ranma for me...i will always have love for them.
These were the series that got me hooked...but yuyu turned me to a fighter fan.

Ranma is the series that got me into manga, along with some other stuff.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ranma is the series that got me into manga, along with some other stuff.
Classic Rumiko Takahashi.
I like inuyasha as a character...but didnt like the anime/manga overall better than ranma 1/2....ranma really crossed boundaries.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
It was either yuyu,dragonball and ranma for me...i will always have love for them.
These were the series that got me hooked...but yuyu turned me to a fighter fan.

Ranma was one of the first manga I ever read after Dragon Ball, long before I really got into manga/anime for real. Still holds up well, too.
 
Top