Feedback - MangaHelpers Development Suggestion Thread | Page 20 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Feedback MangaHelpers Development Suggestion Thread

Lost in you

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
South Korea
@Lost in you Your current avatar has 4 MB file size, I pointed out the avatar rules, so you can change your avatar. :)
Sorry, I changes it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Sorry to be a bother for two days in a row...

In which section does the events gets hold in?

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Sorry to be a bother for two days in a row...

In which section does the events gets hold in?
You mean archived events? Depends on the event, for example Community Awards archive is a subsection of the most recent event. For current events, you can always click on the banner of the event or visit the News section.

Riker

Artist
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Can there be username colour rewards for post counts. It would be a nice reward for those who keep the forum active.

Example:-

1000 posts- Orange Username
5000 posts- Gold Username
10,000 posts- Maroon Username

I have seen a few Xenforo forums do this with their trophy system and the users of these forums really like the system.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
The problem with a system like this would be the username color conflicting with existing usergroups in some cases. We also don't necessarily conflate the amount of posts with meaningful contribution either (just look at my postcount :kappa).

But something like this and a trophy system in general is something we've discussed at various times since we started using Xenforo, so never say never.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I think there is an error in this page,

shouldn't naruto signature and Avatar contest have a banner of it's own?But it's appearing as this

A small square.

Marmalade

The Golden Witch
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I think there is an error in this page,

shouldn't naruto signature and Avatar contest have a banner of it's own?But it's appearing as this

A small square.
I've edited the image of the message with a different link to the image. Does it appear for you now? :worrybunny

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Maybe it’s actually a Naruto Avatar Signature and Banner contest? :XD

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
So in another forum also using XenForo I noticed large images are resized (and you click on them to view in full size), is it possible to implement that?

If I want to post high definitions scans in a thread, they are going to fill the whole page... the only option is to put them inside of spoilers

Something like 400 x 400 would be nice

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
So in another forum also using XenForo I noticed large images are resized (and you click on them to view in full size), is it possible to implement that?

If I want to post high definitions scans in a thread, they are going to fill the whole page... the only option is to put them inside of spoilers

Something like 400 x 400 would be nice
This might depend on what version they're using or perhaps a different add-on. I think this behavior might have been changed in newer versions of XF, but don't quote me on that.

Current image size is dynamic. If the width of an image exceeds the post width, it's automatically resized to fit that and you have to click to view it. It also behaves the same way if it exceeds the size of your display resolution. In general it's not a bad idea to use spoiler tags anyway when posting multiple images, and many image hosting sites offer linking using a thumbnail as well. Our own gallery has that option also. Embedding images from that using the Gallery embed button resizes them to be a bit smaller than just using a linked image.

Riker

Artist
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Each User Rank gives a different colour name.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The problem with a system like this would be the username color conflicting with existing usergroups in some cases. We also don't necessarily conflate the amount of posts with meaningful contribution either (just look at my postcount :kappa).

But something like this and a trophy system in general is something we've discussed at various times since we started using Xenforo, so never say never.

Oh My God, I had completely forgotten that I had made this suggestion before. I forgot to respond to your post.

There will be no conflict in usergroups as the important usergroups will be given priority over the rank groups. So if I have a cyan username rank and the artist brown colour usergroups, then I will have a brown name as my artist usergroup is higher on the hierarchy. So this is not a problem as the special status is worth more than rank colours. If people do not like that then an option to change group priority and change the username colour can also be given to the user (I have only seen this on one Xenforo forum so doing it might be difficult).

But does it matter? If you are posting anything, you are spending time on it. If there are low effort posts, then those sections will have disabled post count. I have noticed this is already present here. You can increase the requirements for ranking by adding more aspects like post count, likes, number of contest entries, reviews, etc; but this makes the ranking system difficult to implement. I suggested post count because it is easiest to implement.

Reverseshin

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Please Bring Back the Tegami Bachi Media Album, All of my hard work is now mostly lost.