Mard Geer VS Ajeel


  • Total voters
    47

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Fair enough, like I said, I gave my word that you will have the last argument here so I won't discuss it any further. Just to correct you though, Unison Raids can be opposites. It is true that Juvia and Gray's Unison Raid was done with similar power which were water and ice respectively. But don't forget the example like Sting and Rogue. Their magic are exactly polar opposites. Rogue is Shadow [Dark] and Sting is White [Light]. Anyways, I do believe we might see a Unison Raid from Natsu and Gray sometime before Fairy Tail ends. It may well be in this arc we are currently on.
I meant opposites as in they've been described as weaknesses by Silver (who says he learned IDeS to fight a fire demon), and more specifically by Wahl who put a fire weak bot in front of Gray which gave him trouble. At least with Sting/Rogue it's not been stated that light/dark are weaknesses to one or the other. I will say that there is no proof that a unison raid with any magic can't work, really we should be thinking any magic can work in a unison raid. I was just confused by the weaknesses Wahl pointed out.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
you don't need to be stronger than someone to be in their power range, CSK was using very limited power and still was able to 'beat' Mard, even if it was just temporary. where did you get the 2.5? it was genrally accepted that Kyouka at her peak ( Face excluded) is in the Town level range of destructive capacity(high kilotonnes or 1 megaton) and Mard is placed city level( low megatonnes) . Erza having doubled her strength is very plausible But she hasn't shown anything so far that suggests that.
.


I am not saying Zero is on the Same level as her, I just said that I doubt she can low diff him like you said


I never mentioned Tartaros Erza, I said since Tartaros as in currently ( from Avatar to Now). And all those feats( bluenote roar, war god smash, king roar) were Base Natsu fighting quite Casually as I said Erza hasn't done anything that places her on his level yet in this timeskip .



What are his feats? Town level spells and intangibility coupled with semi omnipresence with sand world.The fact is Mard took them to their very limits after he fought with sting, rouge and the celestial spirit king. Current Natsu may beat Mard but he doesn't Stomp him and Current Gray is Tartaros des gray with more freezing power but would still get beat by Mard. my last statement is because Ajeel has only fought with Erza, and he lost, even though he dominated, to a town level canon and a starlight slash. Ajeel from the feats he has shown is not going to Low diff DES gray+ DF Nastu




I dont get why Erza is Above tartaros LFD, is it because she beat Kyouka or something else? because if it is I don't see how it links to Natsu's clash with Mard but Okay I'll give that the benefit of the doubt seeing as LFD feats are in short supply. I won't dwell on that 2x Stronger thing because I want to know how you got that .

well not really seeing as when you know what the attack damaged via pixel scaling or author statements you can then calculate the amount of energy needed to destroy said object and so on, of course qualitative methods can be used but I am refering to quantifiable feats via calcs/ author statements.
It was Mashima who gave a Character Card which States Mard Geer is 2.5 Times stronger than Kyouka.I don't erxa has reached that level.And No Way LFD Natsu is weaker than erza.Sure it may not be as strong as Used against Hades but I believe it was enough to defeat Jura.
 

Saint

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 31, 2015
Messages
34
Reaction score
29
Age
28
Country
Storm's End
It was Mashima who gave a Character Card which States Mard Geer is 2.5 Times stronger than Kyouka.I don't erxa has reached that level.And No Way LFD Natsu is weaker than erza.Sure it may not be as strong as Used against Hades but I believe it was enough to defeat Jura.
oh well then that contradict their feats but sure then Forget that
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
you don't need to be stronger than someone to be in their power range, CSK was using very limited power and still was able to 'beat' Mard, even if it was just temporary. where did you get the 2.5? it was genrally accepted that Kyouka at her peak ( Face excluded) is in the Town level range of destructive capacity(high kilotonnes or 1 megaton) and Mard is placed city level( low megatonnes) . Erza having doubled her strength is very plausible But she hasn't shown anything so far that suggests that.
natsulucy already explained it but here is proof if you want to look at it yourself. Tartaros Characters Stats. As you can see, Mard Geer is pretty much between 2x and 3x better than Kyōka in every stats EXCEPT health. Most of which though, fell close to a multiple of 2.5 in general; hence, I estimated it to be around 2.5x stronger. On a side note, Mard Geer has between 3.5x to 4x more health than Kyōka but I just estimated it to be close to 4x more. Additionally, the reason why I don't stress HP that much is because it just helps your stamina in battle, so to say, meaning that you will last longer in a fight.

Anyways, like I've stated in my earlier posts, I don't see how we can define an attack by labeling it with kilotonnes or megatonnes. If you understood their methods and calculation on Naruto Forums, good for you. I already looked at it and some of the math work seemed questionable. The dimensional analysis was definitely a problem for me as I said that they didn't even give us the original basis for the measurement equations they used to calculate those numbers. Also, they clearly used assumptions as they even admitted that themselves.

I am not saying Zero is on the Same level as her, I just said that I doubt she can low diff him like you said
Okay, we have different opinions. I still believe Erza can defeat Master Zero quite easily if you were comparing her right now to Master Zero Pre-Timeskip. If you were to predict what he would be like Post-Timeskip, then the power gap would definitely decrease greatly but because there is no proof of any of this, I tend to avoid comparing different timeskips.

I never mentioned Tartaros Erza, I said since Tartaros as in currently ( from Avatar to Now). And all those feats( bluenote roar, war god smash, king roar) were Base Natsu fighting quite Casually as I said Erza hasn't done anything that places her on his level yet in this timeskip.
Sorry, my bad. You could be right on Natsu being in Base Form. I don't know yet. I was thinking that he was using Fire Dragon King Mode because the attack is named Fire Dragon King Roar. It looks like there is a discrepancy on this one. I will have to wait for further information from Hiro Mashima to explain this. For now, you win this argument.

However, Erza's Nakagami Starlight may well be stronger than this attack by Natsu because her attack is not an AoE attack. That is why I usually stay away from Town-Level and City-Level. Natsu's Fire Dragon Roar make look large in size but the energy in the attack could also be dispersed making each point in the attack a little weaker than if it was not an AoE attack. Basically, although Nakagami Starlight does not look like it deals a lot of damage, the nature of the attack is to concentrate on the MP into a single slice. Therefore, I still stand by my viewpoint on this one.

What are his feats? Town level spells and intangibility coupled with semi omnipresence with sand world.The fact is Mard took them to their very limits after he fought with sting, rouge and the celestial spirit king. Current Natsu may beat Mard but he doesn't Stomp him and Current Gray is Tartaros des gray with more freezing power but would still get beat by Mard. my last statement is because Ajeel has only fought with Erza, and he lost, even though he dominated, to a town level canon and a starlight slash. Ajeel from the feats he has shown is not going to Low diff DES gray+ DF Nastu
Yeah, Mard Geer took on iDeS Gray + DF Natsu + CSK + Sting + Rogue but each match up between characters have different factors. For example, Mard Geer was able to target his opponents with ease as some of them also have low durability. Meanwhile, if he fought Ajeel, he would be up against Sand Body and clouded vision due to Sand World. I know you already said this but I'm trying to put more emphasis on how the battle would be different. Not to mention, Ajeel is on a timeskip of 1 year later which can greatly impact the outcome of the battle which I explained in my other posts. I guess we just see it in different ways. I will wait to see in the upcoming chapters whether Ajeel will make an appearance again or not to prove how strong or weak he can really be. Until then, I'll just stick with my opinion and you can do the same with yours.

I dont get why Erza is Above tartaros LFD, is it because she beat Kyouka or something else? because if it is I don't see how it links to Natsu's clash with Mard but Okay I'll give that the benefit of the doubt seeing as LFD feats are in short supply. I won't dwell on that 2x Stronger thing because I want to know how you got that .
To me it is obvious that Erza is above Tartaros LFD Natsu. Yes, you can use the fight with Kyōka but you can also see it based on feats if you compare Erza and Natsu throughout the Arcs.

well not really seeing as when you know what the attack damaged via pixel scaling or author statements you can then calculate the amount of energy needed to destroy said object and so on, of course qualitative methods can be used but I am refering to quantifiable feats via calcs/ author statements.
Like I said, I don't trust the users who calculated this based on my knowledge. If you understand them and can explain it to yourself in a way that makes sense, then that is great. Honestly, I am not smarter than you so by all means, you can use those as 'evidence' or 'proof'. I won't buy it but others will.
 
Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
natsulucy already explained it but here is proof if you want to look at it yourself. Tartaros Characters Stats. As you can see, Mard Geer is pretty much between 2x and 3x better than Kyōka in every stats EXCEPT health. Most of which though, fell close to a multiple of 2.5 in general; hence, I estimated it to be around 2.5x stronger. On a side note, Mard Geer has between 3.5x to 4x more health than Kyōka but I just estimated it to be close to 4x more. Additionally, the reason why I don't stress HP that much is because it just helps your stamina in battle, so to say, meaning that you will last longer in a fight.

Anyways, like I've stated in my earlier posts, I don't see how we can define an attack by labeling it with kilotonnes or megatonnes. If you understood their methods and calculation on Naruto Forums, good for you. I already looked at it and some of the math work seemed questionable. The dimensional analysis was definitely a problem for me as I said that they didn't even give us the original basis for the measurement equations they used to calculate those numbers. Also, they clearly used assumptions as they even admitted that themselves.



Okay, we have different opinions. I still believe Erza can defeat Master Zero quite easily if you were comparing her right now to Master Zero Pre-Timeskip. If you were to predict what he would be like Post-Timeskip, then the power gap would definitely decrease greatly but because there is no proof of any of this, I tend to avoid comparing different timeskips.



Sorry, my bad. You could be right on Natsu being in Base Form. I don't know yet. I was thinking that he was using Fire Dragon King Mode because the attack is named Fire Dragon King Roar. It looks like there is a discrepancy on this one. I will have to wait for further information from Hiro Mashima to explain this. For now, you win this argument.

However, Erza's Nakagami Starlight may well be stronger than this attack by Natsu because her attack is not an AoE attack. That is why I usually stay away from Town-Level and City-Level. Natsu's Fire Dragon Roar make look large in size but the energy in the attack could also be dispersed making each point in the attack a little weaker than if it was not an AoE attack. Basically, although Nakagami Starlight does not look like it deals a lot of damage, the nature of the attack is to concentrate on the MP into a single slice. Therefore, I still stand by my viewpoint on this one.



Yeah, Mard Geer took on iDeS Gray + DF Natsu + CSK + Sting + Rogue but each match up between characters have different factors. For example, Mard Geer was able to target his opponents with ease as some of them also have low durability. Meanwhile, if he fought Ajeel, he would be up against Sand Body and clouded vision due to Sand World. I know you already said this but I'm trying to put more emphasis on how the battle would be different. Not to mention, Ajeel is on a timeskip of 1 year later which can greatly impact the outcome of the battle which I explained in my other posts. I guess we just see it in different ways. I will wait to see in the upcoming chapters whether Ajeel will make an appearance again or not to prove how strong or weak he can really be. Until then, I'll just stick with my opinion and you can do the same with yours.



To me it is obvious that Erza is above Tartaros LFD Natsu. Yes, you can use the fight with Kyōka but you can also see it based on feats if you compare Erza and Natsu throughout the Arcs.



Like I said, I don't trust the users who calculated this based on my knowledge. If you understand them and can explain it to yourself in a way that makes sense, then that is great. Honestly, I am not smarter than you so by all means, you can use those as 'evidence' or 'proof'. I won't buy it but others will.
Will you please Translate Mard Geer's and silver's Measurements.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Will you please Translate Mard Geer's and silver's Measurements.
Sorry for the late reply. I came back to this thread to reference it for one of my other posts and didn't notice your message. This is my overall translation of the Tartaros Characters' Statistics:

Mard Geer
HP - 9800
Attack
- 6000
Defense - 6000
Speed - 5600
Intelligence - 7000
Curse Power - 6000

Silver
HP - 2800
Attack
- 3200
Defense - 2800
Speed - 2000
Intelligence - 1500
Curse Power - 2600

Jackal
HP - 1300
Attack
- 1500
Defense - 800
Speed - 1800
Intelligence - 300
Curse Power - 600

Keyes
HP - 1200
Attack
- 400
Defense - 600
Speed - 500
Intelligence - 2000
Curse Power - 3000

Ezel

HP - 1800
Attack - 1900

Defense - 2000
Speed - 800
Intelligence - 200
Curse Power - 600

Kyōka
HP - 2600
Attack
- 2700
Defense - 2500
Speed - 3000
Intelligence - 2900
Curse Power - 2700

Franmalth
HP - 1200
Attack
- 600
Defense - 600
Speed - 500
Intelligence - 1800
Curse Power - 1000

Sayla

HP - 1600
Attack - 1200

Defense - 1000
Speed - 800
Intelligence - 1800
Curse Power - 2000

Tempesta

HP - 2000
Attack - 1800

Defense - 2200
Speed - 1500
Intelligence - 100
Curse Power - 1200

Torafusa

HP - 2500
Attack - 1800

Defense - 2000
Speed - 700
Intelligence - 1200
Curse Power - 1000

Lamy

HP - 600
Attack - 200

Defense - 100
Speed - 300
Intelligence - 600
Curse Power - 200
 
Last edited:

Sinister Spirit

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2020
Messages
110
Reaction score
47
Age
27
Country
Canada
Mard high diff

Since Ajeel could dehydrate Mard's Thorns + Sand World makes Ajeel very difficult to hit (and Mard's attacks aren't the most accurate since Tartaros characters could dodge them with relative ease), Mard's options would be very limited.

But Memento Mori could destroy Ajeel if it hit him, and since he's only a LOW-Spriggan tier, I'm not sure if he's powerful enough to break free of MM's immobilizing fog (and that fog proved to have "anti-magic" properties since Natsu and Gray weren't able to use magic under its effect, so it should be able to interrupt Ajeel's intangibility), afterall even Gray's resistance to curses didn't work on the fog, yet that same resistance was strong enough to survive the Memento Mori attack itself (which is supposed to 1-shot even Zeref).

I know just because Mard was taken down by Devil Slaying magic doesn't make him unbeatable against anything else, but he did prove to have greater durability than the average Spriggan, so he should be able to tank Ajeel's attacks for a while.
Of course, Sand World covers a much wider area than Memento Mori's fog, so Ajeel could just stand back and keep throwing long-ranged attacks until Mard is down, but that's unlikely to happen. Ajeel tends more to be a reckless type.

I doubt Mard would succeed on the first MM attempt, but even if MM's fog doesn't completely immobilize Ajeel, it should slow him down enough for Mard to eventually hit him. It should take less time for Ajeel to get hit by MM than Mard to crumble under his sand attacks.
 

Sevently

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2017
Messages
1,314
Reaction score
1,238
Age
27
Country
France
Ajeel one-shot with sand world
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
People that think Mard can beat any Spriggan are just denying basic facts at this point.

Zeref made Ajeel a Spriggan and Mard was disposed.

Mard high diff

Since Ajeel could dehydrate Mard's Thorns + Sand World makes Ajeel very difficult to hit (and Mard's attacks aren't the most accurate since Tartaros characters could dodge them with relative ease), Mard's options would be very limited.

But Memento Mori could destroy Ajeel if it hit him, and since he's only a LOW-Spriggan tier, I'm not sure if he's powerful enough to break free of MM's immobilizing fog (and that fog proved to have "anti-magic" properties since Natsu and Gray weren't able to use magic under its effect, so it should be able to interrupt Ajeel's intangibility), afterall even Gray's resistance to curses didn't work on the fog, yet that same resistance was strong enough to survive the Memento Mori attack itself (which is supposed to 1-shot even Zeref).

I know just because Mard was taken down by Devil Slaying magic doesn't make him unbeatable against anything else, but he did prove to have greater durability than the average Spriggan, so he should be able to tank Ajeel's attacks for a while.
Of course, Sand World covers a much wider area than Memento Mori's fog, so Ajeel could just stand back and keep throwing long-ranged attacks until Mard is down, but that's unlikely to happen. Ajeel tends more to be a reckless type.

I doubt Mard would succeed on the first MM attempt, but even if MM's fog doesn't completely immobilize Ajeel, it should slow him down enough for Mard to eventually hit him. It should take less time for Ajeel to get hit by MM than Mard to crumble under his sand attacks.
Almost everything here is wrong.
 

Sinister Spirit

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2020
Messages
110
Reaction score
47
Age
27
Country
Canada
People that think Mard can beat any Spriggan are just denying basic facts at this point.

Zeref made Ajeel a Spriggan and Mard was disposed.



Almost everything here is wrong.
Zeref made a lot of illogical choices, just because he didn't pick Mard as a Spriggan DOESN'T mean he wasn't as powerful as one. Remember Mard is part of the Etherious who want to destroy Zeref, so keeping him in Alvalez wouldn't have been wise.

And what's wrong in what I said?
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Zeref made a lot of illogical choices, just because he didn't pick Mard as a Spriggan DOESN'T mean he wasn't as powerful as one. Remember Mard is part of the Etherious who want to destroy Zeref, so keeping him in Alvalez wouldn't have been wise.
So is Larcade and possibly Bloodman lmao.

And what's wrong in what I said?
Saying Mard wins when Mashima directly says the opposite.


MM is featless and Ajeel is much faster. Hits harder and has much more AoE.

So yea, not only are you wrong again (you think Hades is spriggan level LMAO), but Ajeel walks through Tartaros with ease.
 
Last edited:

Sinister Spirit

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2020
Messages
110
Reaction score
47
Age
27
Country
Canada
So is Larcade and possibly Bloodman lmao.



Saying Mard wins when Mashima directly says the opposite.


MM is featless and Ajeel is much faster. Hits harder and has much more AoE.

So yea, not only are you wrong again (you think Hades is spriggan level LMAO), but Ajeel walks through Tartaros with ease.
Despite the manga claiming ALL Etherious have an inner instinct of destroying their creator because that's how Zeref created them, we indeed saw that Bloodman and Larcade weren't, Larcade even tried to SAVE Zeref from Natsu. But Mard clearly isn't an exception like them.

Mashima contradicted himself often, sometimes he even admitted he made mistakes, that's why these debates even exists: Because people have doubts in what he says and wanna make their own logical deductions. If you have blind faith in whatever he says, I don't see why you're on this site.

And just because Memento Mori is featless doesn't mean Mard lied about its effect (plus what I said about its fog technically counts as a feat). It's true that without it, Mard is guaranteed to lose here, and even with it, Ajeel could win if he played smart (he indeed has more AoE and speed), but we saw how reckless he can be. Ajeel indeed deals more damage than Mard's Thorns, but Mard is more durable, so he should last longer than Erza, who lasted quite long herself.

As for Hades, you can laugh all you want, but my point of Ajeel getting badly hurt by a Jupiter blast does indicate that his durability was "multi-jupiter level", but so was Tenrou Makarov's in his Titan form, which still wasn't as durable as his 3 Pillar Gods, which Hades 1-shotted in his Base without needing any boost from his heart or Devil Eye. Not ALL his stats are Spriggan-tier, but his offensive power easily is (such a chance his final fight was in his ship, meaning he had to go easy to avoid accidentally destroying his own heart).
 
Last edited:

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Despite the manga claiming ALL Etherious have an inner instinct of destroying their creator because that's how Zeref created them, we indeed saw that Bloodman and Larcade weren't, Larcade even tried to SAVE Zeref from Natsu. But Mard clearly isn't an exception like them.

Mashima contradicted himself often, sometimes he even admitted he made mistakes, that's why these debates even exists: Because people have doubts in what he says and wanna make their own logical deductions. If you have blind faith in whatever he says, I don't see why you're on this site.

And just because Memento Mori is featless doesn't mean Mard lied about its effect (plus what I said about its fog technically counts as a feat). It's true that without it, Mard is guaranteed to lose here, and even with it, Ajeel could win if he played smart (he indeed has more AoE and speed), but we saw how reckless he can be. Ajeel indeed deals more damage than Mard's Thorns, but Mard is more durable, so he should last longer than Erza, who lasted quite long herself.

As for Hades, you can laugh all you want, but my point of Ajeel getting badly hurt by a Jupiter blast does indicate that his durability was "multi-jupiter level", but so was Tenrou Makarov's in his Titan form, which still wasn't as durable as his 3 Pillar Gods, which Hades 1-shotted in his Base without needing any boost from his heart or Devil Eye. Not ALL his stats are Spriggan-tier, but his offensive power easily is (such a chance his final fight was in his ship, meaning he had to go easy to avoid accidentally destroying his own heart).
???? Larcade is literally an Etherious. So you're first point is mute. Zeref isn't afraid of his creations. He snapped MG out if existence lol.

Lol I'll tell you why, because the author has supreme power in his manga. You don't like that, leave and pick up a new series. What Mashima decides in his creation goes.Hey Sherlock, your "logical deductions" don't mean an ounce of anything if Mashima says you're wrong. I suggest you try Reddit.

Still featless so......

I will laugh because you're accusing me of "blindly following the author" which doesn't make sense.

Mashima said Mard isn't Spriggam tier so by default, you're wrong.

Mashima contradicted himself often, sometimes he even admitted he made mistakes
Show me one thing that contradicts this statement and where he admitted his mistake. No.....these debates happen between characters where the answer isn't concrete. This debate however is useless because Mashima tells us it is.

Mashima said in an interview that Acno was the strongest in the original series. Now if I go and say "No, my logical deduction is that Larcade is stronger because he's the ultimate weapon." Does that make me right? Yea.....no.


And just because Memento Mori is featless doesn't mean Mard lied about its effect (plus what I said about its fog technically counts as a feat). It's true that without it, Mard is guaranteed to lose here, and even with it, Ajeel could win if he played smart (he indeed has more AoE and speed), but we saw how reckless he can be. Ajeel indeed deals more damage than Mard's Thorns, but Mard is more durable, so he should last longer than Erza, who lasted quite long herself.
So this is your argument in a nutshell:

Ajeel outclassed him in almost every stat but because of a featless attack, he wins....lol
for Hades, you can laugh all you want, but my point of Ajeel getting badly hurt by a Jupiter blast does indicate that his durability was "multi-jupiter level"
Oh you mean the Jupiter that had to blindside him? Welp....way to be disingenuous.
 

Sinister Spirit

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2020
Messages
110
Reaction score
47
Age
27
Country
Canada
???? Larcade is literally an Etherious. So you're first point is mute. Zeref isn't afraid of his creations. He snapped MG out if existence lol.

Lol I'll tell you why, because the author has supreme power in his manga. You don't like that, leave and pick up a new series. What Mashima decides in his creation goes.Hey Sherlock, your "logical deductions" don't mean an ounce of anything if Mashima says you're wrong. I suggest you try Reddit.

Still featless so......

I will laugh because you're accusing me of "blindly following the author" which doesn't make sense.

Mashima said Mard isn't Spriggam tier so by default, you're wrong.



Show me one thing that contradicts this statement and where he admitted his mistake. No.....these debates happen between characters where the answer isn't concrete. This debate however is useless because Mashima tells us it is.

Mashima said in an interview that Acno was the strongest in the original series. Now if I go and say "No, my logical deduction is that Larcade is stronger because he's the ultimate weapon." Does that make me right? Yea.....no.




So this is your argument in a nutshell:

Ajeel outclassed him in almost every stat but because of a featless attack, he wins....lol


Oh you mean the Jupiter that had to blindside him? Welp....way to be disingenuous.
I know Zeref isn't afraid, but that doesn't mean he should keep someone with the intent to kill him close by, it'd grow annoying. There's a difference between "not being afraid" and "being dumb".

Well like it or not, but this debate DOES exist here on Mangahelpers, and was probably created by someone who doubts Mashima just like me and thinks Mard might have a chance. Don't like it? Then YOU should leave. Everyone is free to have their own opinion and theories regardless of what the author says, we don't need someone repeating "Mashima said you're all wrong so don't even debate about it", we already know he said it, yet we still have doubts when we compare what he SAYS to what we SEE.

Sorry I lost my proof so you don't have to believe it, but I do recall Mashima saying Erza normally should've lost to Cobra, and to Kyoka. I know it has nothing to do with this, but it does indicate that Mashima isn't sure of what he does sometimes. And if you want contradictions, I can point out A LOT in Fairy Tail's plot!

Oh I don't even need him to say Acno is the strongest to believe it, it was clearly SHOWN. Even the feats of END, Irene, August and Zeref weren't nearly on his level. But Ajeel and Mard Geer do seem to outclass each other in several stats: Mard Geer has better physical stats, defensive spells, intelligence, and MM's fog should have some effect on Ajeel since even a Devil Slayer couldn't resist it, while Ajeel has better AoE, chances of avoiding attacks while using MAGIC (without Sand World, he's not nearly as fast as Mard), and his attacks are better than Mard's THORNS, but I doubt they're better than MM

And you can say MM is featless all you want, but there's clues indicating it's very powerful (like Mard claiming it could destroy Zeref, its immobilizing fog bypassing Gray's resistance to curses, and the attack itself nearly killing him despite his resistance). Thinking it'll do shit just because we never saw its effect is the equivalent of thinking Grimoire Law isn't a dark version of Fairy Law because it was never specifically said, and that the two spells aren't equally powerful because one was never seen used. Sometimes we have to use our brains to deduce some basics.

Yeah Ajeel was hit by surprise, but seeing how badly he was hurt, I don't think he could've survived more than 5-10 Jupiter blasts if he had braced himself. Tenrou Titan Makarov did brace himself, and he handled the same blast better, so I'm tempted to say the same about him (roughly surviving 5-10 blasts), except he wasn't even using his best defensive spell, that's why I think Tenrou Makarov's best defenses are better (or at least equal) to Ajeel's durability. Now THIS is an example of me saying "Ajeel outclassing almost all stats", Mard and Hades in their Base are already on a whole different level compared to Makarov, and even more at full power (with Devil Eye and Etherious Form).
 
Last edited:

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Sorry I lost my proof


This will be my last post then since you have no proof of your own words.



Well like it or not, but this debate DOES exist here on Mangahelpers, and was probably created by someone who doubts Mashima just like me and thinks Mard might have a chance. Don't like it? Then YOU should leave. Everyone is free to have their own opinion and theories regardless of what the author says, we don't need someone repeating "Mashima said you're all wrong so don't even debate about it", we already know he said it, yet we still have doubts when we compare what he SAYS to what we SEE.
Well.....no, no one debates it because you bumped a thread that no one has touched for 4 years lol Have your doubts, Mashima's words trump your doubts. Ajeel still has the better feats so what you "SEE" is still better. So while you're "free" to post your opinion, I'm "free" to respond the way I did with a scan of Mashima's own words.



Mard Geer has better physical stats, defensive spells, intelligence,
Not defensive spells or durability, or CQC or intelligence or physical stats.

Pre-ts Natsu and Gray were able to punch their way out of MG's attacks despite being battered and beat.

Sand world and it's over.

And you can say MM is featless all you want, but there's clues indicating it's very powerful (like Mard claiming it could destroy Zeref, its immobilizing fog bypassing Gray's resistance to curses, and the attack itself nearly killing him despite his resistance). Thinking it'll do shit just because we never saw its effect is the equivalent of thinking Grimoire Law isn't a dark version of Fairy Law because it was never specifically said, and that the two spells aren't equally powerful because one was never seen used. Sometimes we have to use our brains to deduce some basics.
I don't care what clues you're "deducing" Sherlock Holmes. It's an attack that's featless. Mard Geer is one of the dumbest characters in this series so no, I will not trust his words. Yes Grimoire Law is featless so you can't gauge its power. It's like me saying, Jellal is one of the strongest characters because of Abyss Break......that's not how it works. Canon feats only.

I'll debunk MM for you right now. Mori is supposed to be the ultimate spell that finally defeats Zeref according to Mard's own words.

But according to Zeref, MG was useless even with MM. The whole point of Alvarez is to build an empire that can exterminate humanity so Zeref can go back in time. Why not put MG if he's stronger than some Spriggans? It makes no sense on your end.



Yeah Ajeel was hit by surprise, but seeing how badly he was hurt,
So you were being disingenuous. Considering August had to dodge Cana's cards when she came out of nowhere using your logic.

I don't think you understand what it means to be blindsided. August was literally stabbed by Brandish. Laxus was getting beat up by Raven Tail when they were ganging up on him. You can't gauge his power when he was blindsided considering he was able to split up the attack casually with one hand when he was paying attention.


Notice how Gajeel is amazed at this? Now we've established that your last point is wrong too.

Oh I don't even need him to say Acno is the strongest to believe it, it was clearly SHOWN. Even the feats of END, Irene, August and Zeref weren't nearly on his level. But Ajeel and Mard Geer do seem to outclass each other in several stats: Mard Geer has better physical stats, defensive spells, intelligence, and MM's fog should have some effect on Ajeel since even a Devil Slayer couldn't resist it, while Ajeel has better AoE, chances of avoiding attacks while using MAGIC (without Sand World, he's not nearly as fast as Mard), and his attacks are better than Mard's THORNS, but I doubt they're better than MM
But Zeref said Larcade was the ultimate weapon, not himself, August or Irene. See how I'm using your logic against you?

He is much faster than Mard Geer. Pre-ts Natsu and Gray were able to keep up with MG. After one year of training Ajeel was shown to be faster than Base Team Natsu after 1 year.

Ajeel outclasses him in every stat.. Unless you believe Mard Geer can do to Erza what Ajeel did and in that case......I don't know what to say.

I know Zeref isn't afraid, but that doesn't mean he should keep someone with the intent to kill him close by, it'd grow annoying. There's a difference between "not being afraid" and "being dumb".
He literally keeps 2 Etherious close to him what are you talking about? Are you just going to keep denying this?

(without Sand World, he's not nearly as fast as Mard)
I already debunked this. Ajeel was making Erza (who's miles faster than MG) look like a statue.


In the end, you haven't shown a single scan or proof, in fact you forgot your own proof lol. Never in a million years can Mard Geer do this:
Even after taking a hit by Erza's water swords (his literaly weakness), he just laughs.


That's it from me. :soclose
 
Last edited:

Sinister Spirit

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2020
Messages
110
Reaction score
47
Age
27
Country
Canada
Well.....no, no one debates it because you bumped a thread that no one has touched for 4 years lol Have your doubts, Mashima's words trump your doubts. Ajeel still has the better feats so what you "SEE" is still better. So while you're "free" to post your opinion, I'm "free" to respond the way I did with a scan of Mashima's own words.
If truly NOBODY debated it and this debate was as obvious as you claims, this thread wouldn't have existed in the first place. And you can think Mashima's words are the only thing that matters, but people's opinions can be important too. If tomorrow, Mashima decided "Natsu was actually a unicorn all along, Lucy was a Lovecraftian creature who's been manipulating everyone from the beginning of the series, and Acnologia was just a big illusion in everyone's mind who never actually existed", even if HE says it's canon, I doubt many people would accept it.

And if you want proof that Mashima can make mistakes:
-Future Rogue was from 7 years in the future, yet Rogue already outclassed (or at least rivaled with) him in Alvalez. And how could there be any dragons in the future BEFORE Future Rogue went in the past to bring them back? Also... How could anyone REMEMBER Future Rogue if he technically never came back?
-If Irene can move Fairy Heart, an INFINITE source of energy, from one body to another, why didn't she do it with Zeref's curse long ago?
-If Prect could accidentally create an infinite source of magic in decades of experiences, Zeref could definitely create one himself, so why waiting for centuries if he's so eager to die?
-Acnologia never tried to destroy the world because he wanted a true challenge, and Zeref wanted to destroy him to prevent him from destroying the world. So of course, Zeref threw Acno that famous challenge, INCITING him to finally go destroy everything, BEFORE Zeref had Fairy Heart to stand a chance against him, and even then he never planned to directly face Acno but rather kill him in the past, so there was no-point in inviting him in the first place. Really, Mashima just didn't know how to make Acno join the war and stay coherent.
-If Zeref wanted to travel back in time to kill Acnologia, he could've just mastered Last Age (Ultear's sacrifice), he's immortal so he could go as far in the past as he'd want. No-need to wait for centuries, seek infinite power and start wars! But if he didn't, there wouldn't be any plot, and Mashima couldn't just think of giving him a more coherent goal...
-I could continue that list for hours.

Not defensive spells or durability, or CQC or intelligence or physical stats.

Pre-ts Natsu and Gray were able to punch their way out of MG's attacks despite being battered and beat.
Yeah, I already said Mard's Thorn attacks weren't as strong as Ajeel's attacks, why repeating it?

And how can you be so sure Ajeel is better than Mard in durability, physical stats, etc? Mashima never told us exactly HOW MUCH Alvalez characters were stronger than in Tartaros, making it difficult to compare some feats (for instance, seeing how Ajeel was badly hurt when Erza finished him, can we truly be sure Tartaros DF Natsu couldn't have finished him as well?)

I don't care what clues you're "deducing" Sherlock Holmes. It's an attack that's featless. Mard Geer is one of the dumbest characters in this series so no, I will not trust his words. Yes Grimoire Law is featless so you can't gauge its power. It's like me saying, Jellal is one of the strongest characters because of Abyss Break......that's not how it works. Canon feats only.

I'll debunk MM for you right now. Mori is supposed to be the ultimate spell that finally defeats Zeref according to Mard's own words.

But according to Zeref, MG was useless even with MM. The whole point of Alvarez is to build an empire that can exterminate humanity so Zeref can go back in time. Why not put MG if he's stronger than some Spriggans? It makes no sense on your end.
Mard may have been mistaken many times, but at least during a fight, he remains careful and has a good self-control (don't point out how he lost, I said GOOD, not FLAWLESS). Ajeel on the other hand could've just stayed far from Erza and kept throwing long-distance attacks until she died (a tactic guaranteed to work against Mard too), but no, he HAD to show himself, he HAD to get close and slowly torture her in hope she'd call him a god, because he's even more arrogant than Mard (who was just taunting with words). That's why I think Mard has a fair chance: Ajeel is likely to take pointless risks and cause his own downfall. Psychology is also an important factor to win a fight.

Power isn't ALL that matters when you seek an ally. I already told you it would've been annoying to keep Mard close since he blindly wants to destroy Zeref and Zeref still had plans to fulfill. But if you insist on power alone: Zeref could've joined Acno, even just to gain his trust until he could backstab him, but he didn't. So you can tell power isn't Zeref's ONLY criteria.

And Zeref thinking Mard is useless even with MM can be explained: Zeref wants to DIE, not be ERASED, he wants to go to the afterlife.

You can't gauge his power when he was blindsided considering he was able to split up the attack casually with one hand when he was paying attention.

This counts more as a defensive SPELL (when I said Ajeel was "5-10 Jupiter blasts level", I was purely talking of physical durability, not ALL his stats), people with a weaker durability than their own defensive spells do exist, just look at Makarov. And I do believe this spell rivals with Mard's blocking a CSK attack, except Mard was only in his Base, his Etherious form increases his powers, and his natural durability is better than his own defensive spells.

But Zeref said Larcade was the ultimate weapon, not himself, August or Irene. See how I'm using your logic against you?

He literally keeps 2 Etherious close to him what are you talking about? Are you just going to keep denying this?
The difference is that Larcade's feats directly contradict Zeref's statement since we clearly saw he wasn't on August or Irene's level. MM on the other hand doesn't contradict its own description yet since it's featless, so I can grant Mard some benefit of the doubt.

These 2 Etherious have proven to be exceptions to the "destroying Zeref" instinct, unlike Mard. Are YOU just going to keep denying this?

He is much faster than Mard Geer. Pre-ts Natsu and Gray were able to keep up with MG. After one year of training Ajeel was shown to be faster than Base Team Natsu after 1 year.

Ajeel outclasses him in every stat.. Unless you believe Mard Geer can do to Erza what Ajeel did and in that case......I don't know what to say.

I already debunked this. Ajeel was making Erza (who's miles faster than MG) look like a statue.
The WHOLE Team Natsu at once? Mind showing me scans of this? I admit I don't recall it.

I'm not convinced Alvalez Erza ALONE is as fast as Mard. Etherious Mard was still too fast for Natsu and Gray (they mostly lasted long because Mard's ATTACKS weren't very strong, but hitting him was still a challenge for them).



And dude...
-You don't like that, leave and pick up a new series
-That's what you think? LMAO
-I don't care what clues you're "deducing" Sherlock Holmes
-Lol you forgot your own proof!
-etc

You know this is just a debate about two characters (not ourselves) being compared, not a contest for how much we can mock each other? We're not kids! Are you here to help people understand or just insult them?
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
If truly NOBODY debated it and this debate was as obvious as you claims, this thread wouldn't have existed in the first place. And you can think Mashima's words are the only thing that matters, but people's opinions can be important too. If tomorrow, Mashima decided "Natsu was actually a unicorn all along, Lucy was a Lovecraftian creature who's been manipulating everyone from the beginning of the series, and Acnologia was just a big illusion in everyone's mind who never actually existed", even if HE says it's canon, I doubt many people would accept it.
This doesn't make sense as mine isn't an outlandish claim like "Lovecraft band unicorns." Though I am a huge fan of Lovecraft

And if you want proof that Mashima can make mistakes:
-Future Rogue was from 7 years in the future, yet Rogue already outclassed (or at least rivaled with) him in Alvalez. And how could there be any dragons in the future BEFORE Future Rogue went in the past to bring them back? Also... How could anyone REMEMBER Future Rogue if he technically never came back?
-If Irene can move Fairy Heart, an INFINITE source of energy, from one body to another, why didn't she do it with Zeref's curse long ago?
-If Prect could accidentally create an infinite source of magic in decades of experiences, Zeref could definitely create one himself, so why waiting for centuries if he's so eager to die?
-Acnologia never tried to destroy the world because he wanted a true challenge, and Zeref wanted to destroy him to prevent him from destroying the world. So of course, Zeref threw Acno that famous challenge, INCITING him to finally go destroy everything, BEFORE Zeref had Fairy Heart to stand a chance against him, and even then he never planned to directly face Acno but rather kill him in the past, so there was no-point in inviting him in the first place. Really, Mashima just didn't know how to make Acno join the war and stay coherent.
-If Zeref wanted to travel back in time to kill Acnologia, he could've just mastered Last Age (Ultear's sacrifice), he's immortal so he could go as far in the past as he'd want. No-need to wait for centuries, seek infinite power and start wars! But if he didn't, there wouldn't be any plot, and Mashima couldn't just think of giving him a more coherent goal...
-I could continue that list for hours.
None of these are mistakes. There is thing called a story.....and Mashima has to build it up.

Yeah, I already said Mard's Thorn attacks weren't as strong as Ajeel's attacks, why repeating it?
Because you haven't explained how MG is even going to hurt him.

And how can you be so sure Ajeel is better than Mard in durability, physical stats, etc? Mashima never told us exactly HOW MUCH Alvalez characters were stronger than in Tartaros, making it difficult to compare some feats (for instance, seeing how Ajeel was badly hurt when Erza finished him, can we truly be sure Tartaros DF Natsu couldn't have finished him as well?)
Easy, look at the power difference. Natsu one-shots a Gildarts from Tenrou who could've rivaled Hades who in turn could've rivaled MG. Also, 1 year of pure training for everyone is enough to know that everyone has gotten much stronger....

Also the many, many statements about how everyone's power exponentially grew in 1 year.

This counts more as a defensive SPELL (when I said Ajeel was "5-10 Jupiter blasts level", I was purely talking of physical durability, not ALL his stats), people with a weaker durability than their own defensive spells do exist, just look at Makarov. And I do believe this spell rivals with Mard's blocking a CSK attack, except Mard was only in his Base, his Etherious form increases his powers, and his natural durability is better than his own defensive spells.
Doesn't change that you were being disingenuous. That's the issue. You weren't going to show that scan if I wasn't. Ajeel can just use his hand to swat Jupiter like a fly.

The difference is that Larcade's feats directly contradict Zeref's statement since we clearly saw he wasn't on August or Irene's level. MM on the other hand doesn't contradict its own description yet since it's featless, so I can grant Mard some benefit of the doubt.
No you can't because technically, Acnologia would still be susceptible to Larcade's magic.

Mard may have been mistaken many times, but at least during a fight, he remains careful and has a good self-control (don't point out how he lost, I said GOOD, not FLAWLESS). Ajeel on the other hand could've just stayed far from Erza and kept throwing long-distance attacks until she died (a tactic guaranteed to work against Mard too), but no, he HAD to show himself, he HAD to get close and slowly torture her in hope she'd call him a god, because he's even more arrogant than Mard (who was just taunting with words). That's why I think Mard has a fair chance: Ajeel is likely to take pointless risks and cause his own downfall. Psychology is also an important factor to win a fight.
No because Erza would destroy MG who in turn got destroyed by Ajeel. MG lacks in stats and AP.

These 2 Etherious have proven to be exceptions to the "destroying Zeref" instinct, unlike Mard. Are YOU just going to keep denying this?
Proof? Show me where these guys have been called exceptions......literally nowhere. Etherious demons were created to destroy Zeref and he keeps two of them in his personal guard.

I am not denying anything...you haven't shown a single ounce of proof yet.

The WHOLE Team Natsu at once? Mind showing me scans of this? I admit I don't recall it.
It's by scaling. He was much faster than base Erza who is relative to the speeds of everyone else in Team Natsu when they're in their base.

I'm not convinced Alvalez Erza ALONE is as fast as Mard. Etherious Mard was still too fast for Natsu and Gray (they mostly lasted long because Mard's ATTACKS weren't very strong, but hitting him was still a challenge for them).
Do you want more scans of Natsu and Gray easily keeping up with him?

Also...
-You don't like that, leave and pick up a new series
-That's what you think? LMAO
-I don't care what clues you're "deducing" Sherlock Holmes
-Lol you forgot your own proof!
-etc

You know this is just a debate about two characters (not ourselves) being compared, not a contest for how much we can mock each other? We're not kids! Are you here to help people understand or just insult them?
I will admit I have been a little disrespectful and I do apologize. However, I do ask that when you make a claim......back it up from the manga directly so I can analyze it.
 

Ratrace

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2018
Messages
2,039
Reaction score
1,430
Age
36
Country
United States
Sorry for the late reply. I came back to this thread to reference it for one of my other posts and didn't notice your message. This is my overall translation of the Tartaros Characters' Statistics:

Mard Geer
HP - 9800
Attack
- 6000
Defense - 6000
Speed - 5600
Intelligence - 7000
Curse Power - 6000

Silver
HP - 2800
Attack
- 3200
Defense - 2800
Speed - 2000
Intelligence - 1500
Curse Power - 2600

Jackal
HP - 1300
Attack
- 1500
Defense - 800
Speed - 1800
Intelligence - 300
Curse Power - 600

Keyes
HP - 1200
Attack
- 400
Defense - 600
Speed - 500
Intelligence - 2000
Curse Power - 3000

Ezel

HP - 1800
Attack - 1900

Defense - 2000
Speed - 800
Intelligence - 200
Curse Power - 600

Kyōka
HP - 2600
Attack
- 2700
Defense - 2500
Speed - 3000
Intelligence - 2900
Curse Power - 2700

Franmalth
HP - 1200
Attack
- 600
Defense - 600
Speed - 500
Intelligence - 1800
Curse Power - 1000

Sayla

HP - 1600
Attack - 1200

Defense - 1000
Speed - 800
Intelligence - 1800
Curse Power - 2000

Tempesta

HP - 2000
Attack - 1800

Defense - 2200
Speed - 1500
Intelligence - 100
Curse Power - 1200

Torafusa

HP - 2500
Attack - 1800

Defense - 2000
Speed - 700
Intelligence - 1200
Curse Power - 1000

Lamy

HP - 600
Attack - 200

Defense - 100
Speed - 300
Intelligence - 600
Curse Power - 200
I wish we had a list like that for other characters as well
 

Sinister Spirit

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2020
Messages
110
Reaction score
47
Age
27
Country
Canada
This doesn't make sense as mine isn't an outlandish claim like "Lovecraft band unicorns." Though I am a huge fan of Lovecraft

None of these are mistakes. There is thing called a story.....and Mashima has to build it up.
Yeah, it was just an example, you see my point. And me too!

When things get too incoherent, I consider them mistakes. I'm not saying Fairy Tail is bad of course, everybody makes mistakes. That's why I tend more to trust my own opinion than the author's, and I invite people to do the same when they read the stories I publish on another site.

Because you haven't explained how MG is even going to hurt him.
I trust MM for this (you have the right not to), even if it can't 1-shot Ajeel, it should deal heavy damage, and seeing how Ajeel tends to get close from his opponents in his arrogance, he'd get stuck in MM's fog, which should slow him down on a certain level. Even if you disagree, do you understand the SENSE of my reasoning?

Doesn't change that you were being disingenuous. That's the issue. You weren't going to show that scan if I wasn't. Ajeel can just use his hand to swat Jupiter like a fly.



No you can't because technically, Acnologia would still be susceptible to Larcade's magic.
Oh no, I FORGOT Ajeel could do that until you showed me (like I said, people make mistakes). I admit I haven't read Alvalez in a while, so what I remembered was Ajeel using Sand World to make the ships untargetable. A good way of avoiding hits, but not to block them.

And I don't think so, because Acno is immuned to all magics, he even absorbed a time rift. And Larcade may be a demon, but he's still using magic, not curses (not all demons use curses).

Proof? Show me where these guys have been called exceptions......literally nowhere. Etherious demons were created to destroy Zeref and he keeps two of them in his personal guard.
It may not have been SAID, but it was clearly SHOWN. Larcade tried to SAVE Zeref from Natsu when they were fighting, while END and the whole Tartaros guild had an "instinct" telling them that END was the key to destroy Zeref, so it wouldn't make sense for Larcade to interfere if he also had that instinct. Zeref did say Larcade was unique, but still a failed experience, maybe it was partially because of this.

As for Bloodman, this one I'm more tempted to believe he might not be an exception, but only because he didn't show much personality beyond "I'm the grim reaper come to send your soul in hell, mwahaha!". But while I have my doubts with Ajeel, I AM sure Bloodman is stronger than Mard, plus we don't know when he was created (maybe Zeref created him right after Tartaros' defeat and planned to destroy him after the war, making him a "short-term weapon")

It's by scaling. He was much faster than base Erza who is relative to the speeds of everyone else in Team Natsu when they're in their base.


Do you want more scans of Natsu and Gray easily keeping up with him?
It doesn't necessarily make Ajeel too fast for the whole team, they may not be as fast as him individually, but teamwork can make a big difference. Sure, with Sand World he'd become too fast for all of them, but I'm not so sure without it.

No-need, I read that fight quite recently, and I maintain my opinion: They landed some hits thanks to teamwork, but Mard was still usually too fast for them.

No because Erza would destroy MG who in turn got destroyed by Ajeel. MG lacks in stats and AP.
There's still one thing to consider: The Slayer advantage can make a big difference. Mard tanked DF Natsu's attacks until the latter was completely exhausted, and he may have been hurt on a certain level, but he could still fight. Gray on the other hand only needed a single strong shot with his Devil Slaying magic to bring Mard down, so I'd estimate Devil Slaying magic is at least 3-4 times more effective than DF against demons, and Natsu once stated DF tripled his Base power while fighting Zero in the Oracion Seis arc. This should mean Gray's attacks were roughly 10 TIMES stronger against Mard than they would've been against non-demonic foes. I can believe the characters grew a lot stronger in Alvalez, but maybe not THAT much.

Easy, look at the power difference. Natsu one-shots a Gildarts from Tenrou who could've rivaled Hades who in turn could've rivaled MG. Also, 1 year of pure training for everyone is enough to know that everyone has gotten much stronger....
Honestly I'd say Tenrou Gildarts could rival with a BASE Hades or Mard Geer, but they're on a higher level at full power.

And just to make sure, are you talking of BASE Natsu or FDK Natsu? FDK is a mode like no-one else has, there's no-contest between FDK Natsu and Erza.

I will admit I have been a little disrespectful and I do apologize. However, I do ask that when you make a claim......back it up from the manga directly so I can analyze it.
It's okay, and I admit I'm usually too lazy to post scans. Sorry if that upsets you.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
It's okay, and I admit I'm usually too lazy to post scans. Sorry if that upsets you.
Alright, I will respond using this message first. Cheers

When things get too incoherent, I consider them mistakes. I'm not saying Fairy Tail is bad of course, everybody makes mistakes. That's why I tend more to trust my own opinion than the author's, and I invite people to do the same when they read the stories I publish on another site.
Inconsistencies happen. However, you did say you remember Mashima directly apologizing for some things. I can't find those.

I trust MM for this (you have the right not to), even if it can't 1-shot Ajeel, it should deal heavy damage, and seeing how Ajeel tends to get close from his opponents in his arrogance, he'd get stuck in MM's fog, which should slow him down on a certain level. Even if you disagree, do you understand the SENSE of my reasoning?
I do but I highly doubt MG would go for MM right away. By the time he wants to use it, I think he'll be done.

It may not have been SAID, but it was clearly SHOWN. Larcade tried to SAVE Zeref from Natsu when they were fighting, while END and the whole Tartaros guild had an "instinct" telling them that END was the key to destroy Zeref, so it wouldn't make sense for Larcade to interfere if he also had that instinct. Zeref did say Larcade was unique, but still a failed experience, maybe it was partially because of this.
As for Bloodman, this one I'm more tempted to believe he might not be an exception, but only because he didn't show much personality beyond "I'm the grim reaper come to send your soul in hell, mwahaha!". But while I have my doubts with Ajeel, I AM sure Bloodman is stronger than Mard, plus we don't know when he was created (maybe Zeref created him right after Tartaros' defeat and planned to destroy him after the war, making him a "short-term weapon")
These two I will leave in the air.


It doesn't necessarily make Ajeel too fast for the whole team, they may not be as fast as him individually, but teamwork can make a big difference. Sure, with Sand World he'd become too fast for all of them, but I'm not so sure without it.
Yea but in this case, it's a 1v1 and not a team battle.

There's still one thing to consider: The Slayer advantage can make a big difference. Mard tanked DF Natsu's attacks until the latter was completely exhausted, and he may have been hurt on a certain level, but he could still fight. Gray on the other hand only needed a single strong shot with his Devil Slaying magic to bring Mard down, so I'd estimate Devil Slaying magic is at least 3-4 times more effective than DF against demons, and Natsu once stated DF tripled his Base power while fighting Zero in the Oracion Seis arc. This should mean Gray's attacks were roughly 10 TIMES stronger against Mard than they would've been against non-demonic foes. I can believe the characters grew a lot stronger in Alvalez, but maybe not THAT much.
Do you think if Natsu used that same attack against MG but this time after his 1 year training, he'd win?

Honestly I'd say Tenrou Gildarts could rival with a BASE Hades or Mard Geer, but they're on a higher level at full power.
Really? Because Gildarts was on a separate tier than Bluenote who Hades hyped up. Only reason Bluenote did damage was because of Azuma. I believe Gildarts is in that tier and that Hades > MG.

And just to make sure, are you talking of BASE Natsu or FDK Natsu? FDK is a mode like no-one else has, there's no-contest between FDK Natsu and Erza.
Base. I was referring to the roar Natsu used against Bluenote.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Yeah, it was just an example, you see my point. And me too!
I do and great. Do you enjoy a certain story of his more than others?
 
Top