Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Haha, so true GK.. sadly so true =(
 

wrstljr

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
198
Reaction score
28
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The artwork in X-Men 204 is such a huge upgrade!

Exodus finally looks decent
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I agree, i really like the artist's version of Gambit. He looks awesome!
And after waiting months and months of Endangered Species, that's all we get? Hank is giving up and letting nature (or chaos magic) takes its course? Gimme a break!
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well it was obvious that he couldn't do anything... and hearing the news about Messaih Complex... well I kinda gave up hope. So its nice to be right in a way.

Anyways so now be have a general idea where to find Wanda, first Hawkeye and now him. Whatever, a plot device is just a plot device.

I'm getting confused about Thunderbolts only because there are like 2 or 3 Penance side stories that don't match up wtih the main continuity.

Lol, Deadpool is going to end up teaming up with everybody. Well it'll be hard to replace Cable... unless he really isn't dead which would be great. What if Planet Hulk was... fun but I think everyone wants WWH to end already. Planet Hulk was an epic and WWH is fluttering out. Well I guess I cant judge yet but I'm hoping it'l end with a BANG.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Maybe the Messiah is Mr Sinister, or Exodus. That would be freaky. :XD
I know, now if only someone could come up with enough money to hire Agency X and get 'Pool to off Wanda, or just annoy the hell out of her. Maybe then she'll give in and say "More mutant, please..." XDDDDDDDDDDDDD

But i want Deadpool to team up with the Runaways, he'll be punched in teh guy by a 10 year old kid. :XD
 

jim mayniam

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2007
Messages
75
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
cable and deadpool is a book that i've been meaning to give a shot. i'm pretty sure some it is available in trade...and i think i read somewhere that the "messiah" is supposed to be the newborn mutant baby, but i could be off base.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I'm in love with the art in X Men. <3333 Endangered Species seems somewhat useless since we all know nothing comes out of it. But hrm. I don't know why, but I wanted to seemingly bash Wanda's head. HAH.

Thunderbolts, I'm still lovin'. Even if I'm slightly confused with the continuity. Penance is becoming a fun character. I think his title comes before whatever happens in Thunderbolts? It seems like that.

Oh! And who's read the What if? Plat Hulk one-shot? The second story was great. I think that really would've happened had he gotten into the right planet. But this is comics we're talking about, so they'll never give anyone a happy ending, of sorts. XD

But X MEN ART! Brilliant!!!! Just how yummy smexy awesome was Remy drawn?
 

wrstljr

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
198
Reaction score
28
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
My question is how does Sinestro grow facial hair if he has complete control over his molecules...doesnt that mean he just enjoys a 5 o'clock shadow look haha

Finally Sinestro vs. Exodus...who prevails
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Sinestro..? Or Mr. Sinister? :D
Maybe he's just trying out a new look. Even supervillains needs to look good in front of his dying enemies. :XD
 

wrstljr

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
198
Reaction score
28
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sinester...my bad on that little mix up haha...and i guess so...also exodus sports the william wallace haircut now haha
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Hmm... i got a weird theory. You guys must have noticed that almost every Marvel release comes with a zombie variant cover. And as we all (probably) know, that those Zombies that Ultimate Reed Richards stumbled upon, is wreaking havoc and eating up planets all across their universe. Now, could this mean that the Zombies will be visiting Marvel Earth-616? :D
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
=O You mean a crossover event from Marvel written by Robert Kirkland? That would give my life some light.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
For the Zombies to cross into the regular universe, they would have to find some way to travel through dimensions, and that would mean, not eating everyone long enough to create this machine.

Besides I think it would be too chaotic, if they ate up the Skrulls/Kree/other aliens they would be permanently dead, that's why they keep the story in another dimension. And the Zombies don't stop until ALL life is dead so.. I dunno. At this point they're as strong as Galactus, and I'm guessing only if they used the Annihilation wave could they defeat them.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
I'm actaully worried since it does seem quite plausible. I mean, which current long-standing title in Marvel right now hasn't gotten a Zombie Variant as of yet?

As much as I love the zombie sotry, I don't really think I'd like it to come to the 616-verse. xD Like refii said, it'll be too chaotic and, Marvel-U is already getting fucked by almost everything coming they're way. XD It's getting a bit too dramatic now.

That said, I'm quite interested in this Venom-virus cross-over XD
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
But, in case WWH fails to cure the ailness that was Civil War, maybe fighting Zombies would be the thing that would bring the heroes back together. And can you imagine the spin-off for that? They could make a mini about some bad guys forming alliance with the zombies, or how a regular people like Sally Floyd & Ben Urich over at the Frontline will deal with the zombies. :D
Anyways, it's just a "what if?" from me. :D
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
How Sally and Ben would deal with 'em? XD I'd rather the zombies deal with them! XD Well, Sally at least. XD

But then there's Secret Invasion. That's gonna single out a lot of peple again. Hooooh. You have a point though. A zombie invasion would mean all the heroes grouping up together (FINALLY?!) and fighting the enemy, instead of each other. XD
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Hahah! Yeah, i don't really mind seeing Sally got devoured by the zombies, especially after that Paris Hilton and Myspace remark she made to Cap. I'm not a big fan of Cap, but he [used to, until Marvel find a way to revive him] 24-7 to save the Marvel Universe. How on Earth does he find the time to browse the internet reading perezhilton.com or updating his blog. :XD

Earth-616, XX December 2006
Last night's after dinner at Carol's, we watched a new movie called the Godfather (at least it's new to me, i didnt watch movie in my iceberg days). I know it's art imitates life, but the thought of organized crime spreading deep into the very heart of the government gives me an uneasy feeling. I have to talk to Tony about this in our meeting tomorrow.
I'm feeling a little tired tonight, bloggers. And to think that The New Avengers was there to lend a hand with today's activities. Three HYDRA's secret base a day used to be something i do before lunch. Must be getting old, gotta talk to Jarvis and May Parker about how they can keep such energy without the Super-Soldier Serum. Mary Jane (hubba, hubba!) told me I should do pilates. Maybe I will take up on that offer, and I'll get Bob and his wife to join me.

See you on my next blog entry, people. Bloggers, Assemble!

Excelsior <333333333
Cap
 
Last edited:

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
New X-men
So X-23 is cutting herself now..
Elixir has a new love interest which took him STRAIGHT out of his insanity/depression (funny how that works so well when you're a teenager)
And... I dunno how I really feel about the series, it isn't making me want to read it like it used to. Now they're back to the drama that ruined it 20 issues ago during the whole alternate future deal.
 
Last edited:

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
^Actually, X has been cutting herself for a long time now, just not to the extreme. She always cuts little 'X' across her body when she gets aggravated or something?

It's been going on since even in her own title.

Kinda creepy, but then again she does heal XD

...

OKAY.

New Avengers: Illuminati?

OMFG?
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Meh, really New Avengers Illuminati repeated what we already assumed in New Avengers team wise. Only difference is now Super skrulls are well... Superer =P

Though to that note they underpowered the Skrulls. In Young Avengers didn't Logan say that Skrulls can regenerate? In fact Speed (lamest codename for a speedster ever by the way) started splatting the brains of Skrulls and nobody was calling him a killer, so does that mean skrulls die or not?

Messaih Complex is a weird event, is Sinister the main antagonist or is it going to be Predator X o_@. Also Ultimatum is coming!!! This is the first Ultimate crossover, so I guess it could still fail but c'mon this is the freaking Ultimates! Ultimate Power is enjoyable, though impossible to understand unless you've read all, and i mean all Supreme Power comics (which admittedly isn't that much, but hard to track down.)
 
Top