Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

@lucas: that's great. i just hope this time he wont be marrying Wanda Maximoff again. that thought alone is very kinky creepy.
:lmao

What's wrong with WandaXVision, forgetting the fact that he's not human? XD Although, yeah. It is kinda creep.

manu, the Ultimate titles are on a universe of their own. I totally forgot what the Earth's number was. >_<

And that's cool! :o Didn't know Vision was going to get his own Ultimate title. o.O
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Thread!

the vision is a she and I meant outside the entire Ultimate universe.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4NXPO9JJ so you can read it yourself

Well actually i've been behind on the Ultimateverse but I'm pretty sure this isn't happening in the rest of the worlds.
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: American Comics Thread!

manu said:
Oh i found the link and just read ultimate vision but it seems to be in its own universe.
Seriously, everyone is going to die in 96 hours

Well I guess I'll start browsing that site some more.
Maybe you read another Ultimate Vision. How many pages has an issue?
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Thread!

I read this one


doesn't look like they're will be any wandaxvision, though it would be even kinkier then the original pairing.
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: American Comics Thread!

It's out a new Ultimate Vision, i didn't even read it so i don't know about it is. If I'm lucky I'll can tell you, but I'm not lucky. Too slow :mad :mad :mad maybe not :p :p :p :p :p :p I don't know :confused
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

Well, if only Wanda married a human/alien with the ability of producing one or two offsprings, maybe she won't turned out like this. Besides, the Ultimate version of Vision is a she, so that would make it more creepy, or not. :D

CMIIW, Ultimate Universe is designated as Earth-1610.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
Well, if only Wanda married a human/alien with the ability of producing one or two offsprings, maybe she won't turned out like this. Besides, the Ultimate version of Vision is a she, so that would make it more creepy, or not. :D

CMIIW, Ultimate Universe is designated as Earth-1610.
Gotcha.

And true. I was thinking that as well...but she was the one to create the kids, and manipulate...stuff. Gosh, she's so hard to explain. >_>; XD


But yesh. She's female in Ultimate. o.O; I never knew that either. (LMAO. Now the idea of WandaxVision jsut had me shiver too much)
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

Well, maybe that's the thing with Ultimate Universe. After all, Mark Millar did paired Quicksilver with Scarlet Witch in the Ultimates (eeeew!). Ultimate Universe: Unleashing Your Wildest Dream, Even Freaky Ones. :D
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Thread!

anyone have any idea when the Ultimates Volume 3 comes out? (or if it already did) I ask because Madureira is probably my favorite comic book artist (outside of maybe alex ross) and he is NOTORIOUS for either his delays or not finishing his series and i want to know how the fuck the end of volume 2 plays out.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

Well, Mad and Waid said in an interview a few months back that volume 3 will be released in Spring '07.
I'm guessing here that you're also still waiting for the next release of Battlechasers, right? I was so excited when i got my first Battlechasers issue. Now, i lost my hope on Battlechasers. Yes, when Mad was doing X-Men back in 96-97, several issues was also delayed. With Ultimates, i hope he wont be making the same mistake.
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Thread!

I loved the original two volumes of the Ultimates and when they started a part two my local book store didn't have it. I know it was good but still I cant seem to find it, i just know that for some reason Cap is in the middle east and Thor is po'd.
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Thread!

ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
Well, Mad and Waid said in an interview a few months back that volume 3 will be released in Spring '07.
. . .
I heard earlier this year that it was fall of 2006 that it would be out. Sounds like a naruto anime like delay...

I would rather not start any series that Joe Mad is at the helm of outside of the ultimates, simply because i dont want to start something ill never get to finish. Dont get me wrong, i love his art but his work habits are horrible. (in short, no im not waiting for battlechasers)
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: American Comics Thread!

Yuo know how they have real movies for American Comics? What anime do you guys think is best to be produced as a areal movie?
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Thread!

kadodo said:
Yuo know how they have real movies for American Comics? What anime do you guys think is best to be produced as a areal movie?
a topic not for this topic. There is a general manga section, you know
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: American Comics Thread!

NeoShweaty said:
a topic not for this topic. There is a general manga section, you know
I meant to say what manga is the closest to follow what americans do with american comics.
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Thread!

Still not even close to being ontopic. And well to answer your question GTO, Death Note, and Ichi the Killer both had live action movies.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Thread!

ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
Well, maybe that's the thing with Ultimate Universe. After all, Mark Millar did paired Quicksilver with Scarlet Witch in the Ultimates (eeeew!). Ultimate Universe: Unleashing Your Wildest Dream, Even Freaky Ones. :D
You know, that freaked me out as well. I mean...the part that scared me was the touchy-feely, and the love poems. Seriously. o.o But I guess that's the only freaky bit.

I jsut wished they didn't have to make Colossus gay, and chose someone else (is a KittyxPiotr fan). XD

Kadodo: Sorry, but this thread's meant for American comics. :P And...it's realyl hard to say which manga reminds me of an American comic, because they don't. There's something diferent about the two, I suppose. XD
 

kadodo

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
40
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Haiti
Re: American Comics Thread!

manu said:
Still not even close to being ontopic. And well to answer your question GTO, Death Note, and Ichi the Killer both had live action movies.
If I wanted to ask that question somewhere else, what thread would that be?
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Thread!

kadodo said:
What anime do you guys think is best to be produced as a areal movie?
That was your question right? Well go to the General Manga discussion and post "What do you think is the best manga to become a live action movie."
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Thread!

Dragonzair said:
You know, that freaked me out as well. I mean...the part that scared me was the touchy-feely, and the love poems. Seriously. o.o But I guess that's the only freaky bit.

I jsut wished they didn't have to make Colossus gay, and chose someone else (is a KittyxPiotr fan). XD
Yeah, I was kinda disappointed knowing that they made Colossus gay. 'Specially when Angel met the team for the first time. One of the X-Men (cmiiw, Storm) said every girl is attracted to Angel, every girl and Piotr. And then they paired Kitty with Peter Parker, that to me is so wrong. It's hard to see Peter with another girl besides MJ, or Gwen, or Felicia Hardy. For most awesome ColossusxKitty moment, you might wanna read Astonishing X-Men.[br]Posted on: December 05, 2006, 10:13:47 AM_________________________________________________Hmm... maybe Kitty got a thing with a guy named Peter... or Marvel's secret plot to brainwash their readers. :D
 
Top