Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I only will write, that I buyed some month ago issues with Venom fighting with Scarlet Spider (first encounter) and it was nice fight, but i didnt like the end of that, it was queite fast for me. And meanwhile that yellow symbiote was interrupting ehhe :x

A have a question:
What happend to Peter Parker after that he abandon beieng Spidey and Ben Reilly become? I mean if Peter Parker in later issues is reaveled to be the real one or seriosuly that clone? I know only that in the end of cone saga it was realved that Peter is clone, and Reilly is real one, so I'm aksing someone who is up to date, what happend to Peter Parker?
I'm hoping that he was back..
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Hmm... here's how CrapClone Saga ended...
It turns out that the clone IS Ben Reilly after all and Peter Parker is the real thing (duh!). Norman Osborn, whom is the person behind the whole cloning thing, finally revealed it. Ben Reilly died after saving Peter Parker as his body degenerates like the other clones.

And they all live happily ever after... :D
 

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2006
Messages
5,153
Reaction score
1,771
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

thx ichimaru :D

So it comed true that Peter was real one, what a plot :D And Norman Osborn alive.. and Ben Reilly died, quite sad. But it sounds good xDxD
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

would anyone recommend any of the 1602 series? i remember reading it awhile ago but it was a long while ago
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

NeoShweaty said:
would anyone recommend any of the 1602 series? i remember reading it awhile ago but it was a long while ago
The first is awesome, the writer is Neil Gaiman.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I highly reccomend it! :D There's a great twist near the end, that got me jumping up and down (since I, thank God, did not try finding out more info/spoilers on the title), so it was a big shocker for me.

Not only that. Artwork is brilliant (especially the colouring <3), and what more can you expect from Neil Gaiman except pure goodness? Read it again. :D

If you want, there's a torrent on demonoid. :nuts
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

thanks guys, i will get it
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

One problem that plagues Marvel and DC is creating new memorable heroes. I really don't think anyone will argue with me on that one but in the Civil War I was suprised to notice that I was actually finding new heroes I liked. I absolutely enjoyed the Runaway's and Young Avengers cross over. It was a nice intro to characters I didn't hear of before and even made a villian I began to root for xD. Though soon after they split ways, which is how it should be a I guess. So I thought I would just forget about them eventually. That was until they (young avengers) kept popping up in Civil War. Mainly it was Patriot who kept on butting into convos, not too much to make me care. But what I think that really made people notice the Young Avengers was Hulkings super cool entrance as Hank Pym. So well I guess all I can say is that Marvel better take this oppurtunity and make this heroes last. After the Stamford incident I had no hope for young heroes lasting but the Young Avengers have made me hopeful again.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

manu said:
One problem that plagues Marvel and DC is creating new memorable heroes. I really don't think anyone will argue with me on that one but in the Civil War I was suprised to notice that I was actually finding new heroes I liked. I absolutely enjoyed the Runaway's and Young Avengers cross over. It was a nice intro to characters I didn't hear of before and even made a villian I began to root for xD. Though soon after they split ways, which is how it should be a I guess. So I thought I would just forget about them eventually. That was until they (young avengers) kept popping up in Civil War. Mainly it was Patriot who kept on butting into convos, not too much to make me care. But what I think that really made people notice the Young Avengers was Hulkings super cool entrance as Hank Pym. So well I guess all I can say is that Marvel better take this oppurtunity and make this heroes last. After the Stamford incident I had no hope for young heroes lasting but the Young Avengers have made me hopeful again.
Don't forget about the New X-Men or other new characters like Arana. Hellion and the New X-Men went up against Nimrod and wins. I think we could be seeing them being more active in the coming years.
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Hmm I haven't read the new X-men after Xorn is revealed as Magneto. Not to say I didn't enjoy it but I was getting tired of having all the new mutants OD on some hormone drug.
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

@ichimaru_gin_n_tonic: D you know what happened to Arana? Last I read about her was in the last number of her serie/minis when she
got the new power/armor, his mentor died and the girl loved him promised to kill her.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Luckas said:
@ichimaru_gin_n_tonic: D you know what happened to Arana? Last I read about her was in the last number of her serie/minis when she
got the new power/armor, his mentor died and the girl loved him promised to kill her.
Arana is doing just fine. Currently...
she's working for the government's side in Marvel's Civil War
 

Luckas

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,227
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
Arana is doing just fine. Currently...
she's working for the government's side in Marvel's Civil War
In which issue/serie? I'm not reading Civil War.
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

oh my gosh I just realize that I messed up in my post, the X-men with Xorn and the druggie mutants wasn't New X-men...
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Actually, that was New X Men. Vol. 2, then they had a whole change of titiles again, and reintroduced the New Mutants title as New X Men (with the X-kids).

And Xorn was revealed to be Magneto, but
In the end, he wasn't Mags either. :p He turned out to be Xorn, who jsut wanted to believe he was Magneto. Mags was with Prof. X in Genosha, repairing it...of sorts.

But really, you gotta read New X Men: Academy :nuts They're pretty awesome! And it's great to see you like Young Avengers. ^^ I like that too.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Anyone else dissapointed by issue 23 of Runaways?

Chase wanting to commit suicide seems out of character and out of the blue... I don't know what to make of it. It's completely contradictory to the last frame of issue 22, and I was hoping Gert had possessed him or something.

I dunno, if he doesn't die now, i suppose Joss Whedon will end up killing him anyway, but I'm dissapointed because he has a lot of potential as a character and unfortunately since volume 1, his skills with technology (inventing technology notwithstanding) the writers havent given him any new chances with gizmos to play with.. like a cool Iron man suit or something ^^
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Runaways had a great story concept but the art just turned me off too much, so I haven't gotten that far... :/ I stopped around issue six.
 

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
20
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Dragonzair said:
And Xorn was revealed to be Magneto, but
In the end, he wasn't Mags either. :p He turned out to be Xorn, who jsut wanted to believe he was Magneto. Mags was with Prof. X in Genosha, repairing it...of sorts.
of course he was. Cant have anyone go away for too long.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I liked the new Cable and Deadpool, it was nice to focus on Deadpool and see him kicking ass again, heheh he's such a loveable idiot.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

OH. GAWD.

...

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/newavengers/meet_the_new.html Spoilers for those who haven't seen the news yet. Obviously.

Luke Cage is the New (new) Avengers' leader! :faint Where the hell is Cap going? D: Now, I'm not complaining with Luke being the new leader but. D: I mean, I'm a huge classic Avengers fan, but also a New Avengers fan. Still, I was kinda hoping someone from the old team was leading. D:

Also, there are times I feel Luke's a bit too direct in stuff he does...still not complaining though. I think. Eh....*goes on a mighty rampage* I want my classics back :scry Okay. *breathe* And Spidey's wearing his black costume...Logan's still there. Hrm. He was probably the only person I didn't approve much of being an Avenger. I want him with the X Men...

Also, No more 'Daredevil', and Iron Fist is back...I still think his costume looks funny as hell. :lmao

Ah well.

...

Steve, where the hell are you? D: Then again, though, they're still Avengers. XD I like Spider Woman <3 Best New Avenger for me.

...

Actually, I found something else D:

From what I read in the other forum, people are thinking it's:

[1] Red herring
[2] What-if
[3] Its real

Click at your own risk ><
http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Man-Rogers-Daniel-Knauf/dp/0785122990/sr=1-138/qid=1169236269/ref=sr_1_138/102-8842526-0637726?ie=UTF8&s=books

AUGH.

It's been speculated. But noooo. Nooo.. Nooo. I don't want to think anymore.

[edit]

Book description said:
Book Description
Tony Stark, director of S.H.I.E.L.D. It's day one of a new role for Tony as he takes up the mantle of the missing Nick Fury to lead S.H.I.E.L.D. into the 21st century! But what does this mean for the future of Iron Man? Collects Iron Man #15-18.
I don't want to read further, but I can't help but click on random spoilers D:

Itsfakeitsfakeitsfakepleaseletitbefake.

HAH. It's fake. I'm not going to believe anything until I *see* it.

:faint

[edit-again]

I'm excited now. I'm reading Bendis' interview, and the preview pics are goddamn sweet. :spaz I can't help but squeal with excitement. :spaz
 
Top