Marvel Comics Discussion Thread!

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I don't know how to feel about WWH, I was kind of hoping, the monster would be the good guy, while the man (Tony Stark) would be portrayed as the bad guy (as he rightfully is) and that Hulk would harbor no ill will towards humanity as a whole..

But it's looking more and more like he's just going to kill everyone, and not just those responsible.

I liked what the rioters said to spiderman in the preview, I'm heavily dissapointed by his decision to support Iron Man, even if Hulk's hitlist includes Dr Strange, Dr Strange is not a child, he seems like one of the wiser characters of Marvel, he made a choice and I'm sure he'd be willing to accept the consequences. Or at least give Hulk the right to face him one on one and not drag all the characters that shouldn't be involved (She-hulk, Spidey, etc) into his battle to defend him.

And Thor is an enemy...? =( I was hoping Thor would stand by Green Scar because they cloned him and betrayed him. It's making Civil War look like a lesser event than it should be.

I really liked the X-men previews though, Hulk swinging around Black bolt like he's a ragdoll was incredible, especially since I'm reading Silent War now and know just how truly powerful the man is.
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Battling Jack Murdokc is <3

Haven't downloaded any previews but I've been reading Loners and Antman ^^. Both are centered on less then glamorous heroes but are written pretty interestingly. Hope you guys pick them up when you can.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

^I've been meaning to pick up Antman (he cracked me up during that Civil War: Choosing Sides). But I don't know where to get the first few issues D: I wanted to start frm the beginning.

How many issues does it have now?
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Its up to 9. This pack that I found on a forum has about 1-6 http://www.mediafire.com/?2jurggmhwo2


The rest should be in the Marvel Release thread.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Thank you EVER so much! :D Will go read through once I'm done dlding :D THANK YOU :D
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Tomorrow is a huge day.. these next two weeks will be awesome for comic book fans.

But tomorrow... WE SMASH!!!!
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Well lets hope so, thankfully the Planet Hulk people are running the show but it never hurts to be reserved.
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Time for this weeks thoughts:

Planet Hulk:
Well, it's finally here.
Pros - Hulk actually smashed something. His Warbound aren't completely useless and Sentry will (under all logic) finally fight the Hulk!!!

Cons - *long sigh*
- The art is kinda bleh.. for a huge event like this, wtf is wrong with Marvel to use such crispy-LESS art??? Civil Warl/Ultimates has such crispy art, you open it up and you're like... *Borat voice* "Niiiiice!"
- As opening chapters go.. I'm not extremely impressed, also I'm confused as to where Silent War fits with all this, but it is quite annoying that Silent War did not end before WWH started, and apparently also Namor is going to war with Stark? Jesus f*ing shit, Marvel needs to put a leash on these events, they just overlap like crazy.
- The last scene.. the tower.. you know what I'm talking about. I'm sorry to say, but I found it a little tasteless.
It was style without substance, they tried to make the event larger and more important than it was by bringing up memories of 9/11... but, this event just isn't that, I'm really sorry to say. Not even from an extremely liberal point of view could you compare Hulk to the middle east... it's just.. tasteless, I'm sorry I didn't like it.

Overall: Check it, wouldn't buy it.

Cable/Deadpool
Well, after ch199 of x-men I decided to read this in the middle of the comics, rather than last. I expected very very little.. I mean what exactly can you make a story out of after the FREAKING HETACOMB rapes your entire country?

God freaking damnit I was wrong. Cable/Deadpool is consistently the GREATEST fucking delivering comic EVAAAAAR!!!. This issue.. was hilarious.

dadadadadada dododododo I'm almost out of bullets dadadadad doodododod... I have never been such a fan of gun wielding heroes up until this point. God Deadpool totally handed Sabretooth his ass.. I LOVE IT!

New X-men
It was interesting, but I'm thoroughly confused

Nova
Really good series, kind of ironic that the Kree's homeworld makes more sense than our own. Shame he didn't stick around, even on Tony's side, Nova is a guy I'd love to hate since I already love to love his character. But I guess it makes sense, although it raises questions as to why superman hasn't done the same all these years...

Sub-Mariner
Where the hell is this supposed to fit into all these freaking wars? I mean I like Namor's characterization and ruthlessness but wtf???? Silent War, WWH, Civil War, New Avengers vs Mighty+Initiative Avengers, make up your freaking minds, I don't know wtf is supposed to be going on!

Friendly Spiderman
meh

Fallen Son
It's always nice to see Petey boy crying and doing stupid things: all in all having his life fall apart. It's the kind of things we as fans can relate to, screwing shit up with our girlfriends, having a family member pass away, starting a fight with someone that had no intention of fighting us etc.

But honestly, this emo-shit is getting dragging, and I really don't see how it adds anything to fallen son. I really feel they should have just made this series part of the Captain America storyline, because Fallen Son just doesn't make sense in issues where Winter Soldier does not appear.

Seriously, only issue 1 makes sense to me, issue 3 is kinda ok, but it still is kind of meh because of the whole hawkeye thing being weird (and he's ronin now) and it's just overcomplicated for complcations sake. Honestly, I think i'll finally get closure on Ronin when Wanda returns, and when the New Avengers figure out what really caused "Civil War and all these events happening at once not being a coincidence"

But until then... blergh.. please focus on Cap if this series is meant to be about him, I love Gwen, I think she should have been his girlfriend over MJ but shit ppl, save that stuff for one of Spideys 6 other titles, don't drag it into Cap's funeral!

Spidey... you'z an egotistical spotlight hogging whore. You're still my fav, but come on man, even at his funeral? We get it, she died STFU Save it for when you're drunk and playing poker with Logan so he can smack you for bringing her up for the millionth time. You don't see him crying over Jean every time someone dies/he gets drunk. AND BITCH, AT LEAST YOU HAVE A GIRLFRIEND NOW, WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME LOGAN EVEN GOT SOME?

Ego's, it's all about who's penis is larger... yea I think I really like it whenever Logan + Pete team up ^^ reminds me of myself and my good friends whenever we go out and get drunk ^^
 
Last edited:

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Not much to add to what Refi said about the earlier titles. I just wish more people started reading DC but that would be a huge read. Thankfully though DC released an essentials packet that should help out with people who know jack about DC. Countdown has been... interesting at least.

Oh and Punisher is good ol' American Fun too.

Now onto New Avengers
Holy Fucking Shit *more generic swearing*, Skrull Invasion!!!!
I should mention that if you point on the spoiler New Avengers will be ruined for you.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

HOYLFUCKINGSHITHLYFUCKINGSHITHOLYFUCKINGSHIT

BLOODY FUCK.

AHHAHA. I ammm sooo sorry for the swearing, but I seriously WASN'T expecting that O_______O OMG!!!!!

BRING THE SKRULL WAR ONNNN!! BRING IT!~ GOD.

Other than that, Im pretty much happy with the hecka loads of scenes Maria Hill has been given. LOL.

But anywho.
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I haven't read NA, but i clicked the spoiler... :(
See, the sudden appearances of a Skrull here and a Kree there. There's gonna be another war, yeah!!!
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Why, oh why, do you insist on spoiling yourself the good bits! :p

At least we didn't type in HOW they (Skrull) came about. XD Though I don't remember mentioning Skree o.O
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

I tried not too, but the temptation..... i can't help it. Have you read Fables, DZ? :D
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

OMG XD

Lancelot is HOT. And wow! I was really impressed with Fly's armour. It's so...green. I don't know. It impresses me so much.

I'm really excited for the next issue. Nothing big happened in this ish, but it was still relevant, nonetheless. That was great!


Oh, and...WOW! How many times did Maria Hill appear in these two weeks? LOVE!
 
Last edited:

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

You're impressed with fly's armor but have yet to read Green Lantern? :yelling
Maybe Marvel is trying to make amends by putting Ms Hill everywhere. :D
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

One thing that distresses me about New Avengers:

How many people are Skrulls?! There's Jessica's baby. And that thing was created by Bendis D: Which of the parent is a Skrull? I will really cry if I find out one of them is a Skrull. I really believed in those characters, especially in Secret Wars and NA.

And them turning out to be Skrulls.

And one has to wonder, why doesn't she breast feed her baby? Why haven't we learned the thing's name? D:

I'm going to faint now that I think about it.

How many of the characters Bendis is working on, is a Skrull OH LORD.

I'm so sad T_________T


I just have to say: That's going to destroy the Marvel U. next year REAL bad.
 
Last edited:

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Dude thats like World War 2 era comics man they didn't have the luxtry of fighting aliens or angry gamma green men. Thats the original Human Torch, not the one in the fantastic 4 btw.

Though I do wonder how did he beat the Abestos man now >,<
 

Lohnt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
885
Reaction score
66
Gender
Hidden
Country
Greece
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

Hulk 107, this is exactly the opposite of how I reviewed Planet Hulk.

This is EXACTLY how planet hulk 1 should have gone.

BUT WTF WHERE IS HULK VS BLACK BOLT??? Im ghetting pissed with this shit, show us the fucking fight already~~~~
 

The Boff

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
3,988
Reaction score
54
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: American Comics Discussion Thread!

hey, is the civil war story in marvel worth the read?
a friend recommended it.
 
Top