Question - Meliodas' relationship with the Demon King | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Meliodas' relationship with the Demon King

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Mel and estarrosa share a birthday? That is new to me lol.

My crackpot theory is that the demon king is actually the 10 commandments within each demon. Basically the demon king split himself and his power across the 10 commandments as both the means to control them and give them power to destroy their enemies. Of course, merely defeating a commandment is probably not enough to destroy the demon king.

I think zeldris is the leader of the commandments in the same way meliodas is the leader of the sins. Mel has only questionable and certainly irregular authority over the sins after all. And you have escanor who is a presumably greater powerhouse among them and also merlin who does not hesitate to take a leadership role among the sins if the situation calls for it. We saw how zeldris could not simply order galan not to go to camelot for instance a while back for instance.
We don't have Estarossa's birthday, which is why technically it's possible they share it, or it can be seen as a spoiler of some sort.

We have both Mel and Zel's birthday, but not Estarossa's. It's fishy to say the least.

Yep I also think that, so if they kill all the commandments the DK would be resurrected basically. And I'm leaning more towards Estarossa being the leader, but not in the conventional way. He doesn't have an active role, and Zel is more on the front when it comes to managing the TCs affairs. So while Zel fits the role of a leader better, I think it's just like day Escanor or Merlin and Mel, in the sense that they're more serious and are even seen leading, but it's Mel the actual leader and he's more of the "silent" type that doesn't let his intentions known, and Estarossa is the same.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Well we know he's not the Demon King considering he teamed up with Doler and Glox to take him out. My best guess would be Meliodas is his son.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Because Meliodas' being the Demon King is now irrelevant as a topic, I've edited the title of the thread to one which is associated with his relationship with the Demon King.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
I go with son since I assume the Demon King's son/daughter would be a part of the Ten Commandments. That's unless they died in the Holy War or are above even the Commandments.

Mystery27

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not fully up to date with the manga at the moment so this may have been disproven. Wild speculation but ge could be the demon kings father.

Elizabeth is the reincarnation of Liz, but who is to say there were not incarnations before her?

If so then like Elizabeth it's possible they were an apostle of the goddess race, and they could have had a child together.

It's not crazy to believe that half goddess half demon would have some serious power. Thus when it grew up if evil it could have become the demon king.

This would also explain why if it really was the goddess race speaking through the horn then maybe they want him dead so there is no risk of the two blood lines mixing again. Also why they are only just asking someone to do so - as Elizabeth is an apostle.

As I say it's largely speculation!

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I'm not fully up to date with the manga at the moment so this may have been disproven. Wild speculation but ge could be the demon kings father.

Elizabeth is the reincarnation of Liz, but who is to say there were not incarnations before her?

If so then like Elizabeth it's possible they were an apostle of the goddess race, and they could have had a child together.

It's not crazy to believe that half goddess half demon would have some serious power. Thus when it grew up if evil it could have become the demon king.

This would also explain why if it really was the goddess race speaking through the horn then maybe they want him dead so there is no risk of the two blood lines mixing again. Also why they are only just asking someone to do so - as Elizabeth is an apostle.

As I say it's largely speculation!
I don't know how well it would work for him to be the father of the demon king, when Mel himself never held that position and was just asked by Dolor to take it since he's apparently powerful enough.

So yeah considering that you're not up to date you don't know about that bit, about how some TCs see him as fit to become the next demon king...He can't quite become king after his own son, it makes little to no sense.Why didn't he become the DK during the war? What did he do before his "son" was born? Who was the king back then? Logic would have him be the king before his own son, unless such position didn't exist.And why would he even take it now? What happened to his own son the demon king?There's a bunch of questions that would be raised if it turned out he's not the DK's son but his father, and frankly it doesn't quite fit. And nothing prevents Mel himself from having Goddess clan blood, or the demon king is a fallen Goddess clan member, kinda like Lucifer who rebelled against God.
Another thing that you might have missed was that apparently Elizabeth's previous incarnation "converted" the demon army, so it is heavily implied it's the previous apostle and that Mel has been encountering her incarnations throughout history.And she converted the demons somehow.

Also if you're not up to date then what is the point of reading this thread where there's so many spoilers around?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Well I think this thread served its purpose, the demon king called Mel son, so it's implied that he is his father.

What remains to be determined is whether it's used literally or just figuratively.

I think it's the former. Looking at this panel, the DK's essence if you will is huge. I wonder if he's really physically huge, and not just normal sized like the rest of the demons(minus Dolor and that other commandment). He even looks bigger than Izraf here.

I think I'd like that, if he wasn't just like the rest of the humanoid demons in terms of size.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Bigger than izraf? The guy appears to be building sized lol. I'd say it's still 50/50 whether the demon king actually is that big or that is more of a representation of his presence or whatnot. We don't have any evidence to suggest anything...

As for the son thing, I would still think it is more figurative than anything. Demons are way too different from one another. At large each demon seems to be its own species... At the moment I am inclined to thinking demons reproduce via assimilating other beings. Though it is unlikely that all demons were at some point something else. Besides, if the demon king is meliodas' parent then in time we will also learn of the demon queen as well....

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Bigger than izraf? The guy appears to be building sized lol. I'd say it's still 50/50 whether the demon king actually is that big or that is more of a representation of his presence or whatnot. We don't have any evidence to suggest anything...

As for the son thing, I would still think it is more figurative than anything. Demons are way too different from one another. At large each demon seems to be its own species... At the moment I am inclined to thinking demons reproduce via assimilating other beings. Though it is unlikely that all demons were at some point something else. Besides, if the demon king is meliodas' parent then in time we will also learn of the demon queen as well....
Well I made that comparison because Izraf is the Vampire king, and we're talking about the demon king. Demons are infinitely stronger than the vampires, and the latter were vassals to them. So my reasoning was that the demon king could be bigger in size than Izraf, since they're both the respective kings of their clans, and the fact that demons are stronger than the vampires. That is assuming this manga even follows the manga logic (from OP for example) that the bigger they are the stronger they are lol. In fact the demon king seems to be about the same size as Kaido...
In fact if we look at the size of the demon king here, maybe it' s tied to Bartra's vision, and he's the "beast with the likeness of a mountain".Just saying, although I still think that prophecy has come to past and the beast is Galan back when he attacked Camelot.
Well if we're going to assume that Mel, Estarossa and Zeldris are brothers then that means demons reproduce normally, and that they have parents like humans. That's the whole point of this thread, there's enough physical similarities between Mel and his brothers to suggest that they're related by blood, and that in this case the demon king is their father. Of course it would be interesting to know who the demon queen is, but I bet she's dead.
Another possibility is that the demon king created Mel and his brothers, he seems to have some pretty crazy magic for sure, in order to create commandments and such.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well I made that comparison because Izraf is the Vampire king, and we're talking about the demon king. Demons are infinitely stronger than the vampires, and the latter were vassals to them. So my reasoning was that the demon king could be bigger in size than Izraf, since they're both the respective kings of their clans, and the fact that demons are stronger than the vampires. That is assuming this manga even follows the manga logic (from OP for example) that the bigger they are the stronger they are lol. In fact he seems to be about as big as Kaido...
In fact if we look at the size of the demon king here, maybe it' s tied to Bartra's vision, and he's the "beast with the likeness of a mountain".Just saying, although I still think that prophecy has come to past and the beast is Galan back when he attacked Camelot.
Well if we're going to assume that Mel, Estarossa and Zeldris are brothers then that means demons reproduce normally, and that they have parents like humans. That's the whole point of this thread, there's enough physical similarities between Mel and his brothers to suggest that they're related by blood, and that in this case the demon king is their father. Of course it would be interesting to know who the demon queen is, but I bet she's dead.
Another possibility is that the demon king created Mel and his brothers, he seems to have some pretty crazy magic for sure, in order to create commandments and such.
I think we can safely conclude that size and strength are not entirely related in this manga lol. Even if the demon king is or was that big, consider meliodas. The guy in his prime was as tiny as he is today. And even now he is able to physically overpower dolor in his base form. It's not even a contest in his demonic transformations.... At this point in the manga size being related to strength is more of a suggestion than anything. Giants on average will be physically more power than others beings but that does not rule out other smaller beings being physically more powerful than giants.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I bet he's cursed himself and he looks like a kid. Just watch (Maybe not a child, but probably young).

This always happens when characters are portrayed as enormous and powerful (just like in Albion's and Galan's case) - it's usually stated or shown figuratively, similar to Escanor's case.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I think we can safely conclude that size and strength are not entirely related in this manga lol. Even if the demon king is or was that big, consider meliodas. The guy in his prime was as tiny as he is today. And even now he is able to physically overpower dolor in his base form. It's not even a contest in his demonic transformations.... At this point in the manga size being related to strength is more of a suggestion than anything. Giants on average will be physically more power than others beings but that does not rule out other smaller beings being physically more powerful than giants.
But Escanor is his day form is pretty big, for a human. Of course I'm not going to argue against that, that Mel while still a chibi, can fight opponents way bigger than him, but just like Izraf was the head of his clan, and he was pretty big, I can see the demon king being like that as well.
It's definitely more interesting than have him be a toddler. That would be too much like Yu Yu Hakusho, Enma Jr to be more precise. And while he's mostly seen as a toddler, he also has an adult form.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
But Escanor is his day form is pretty big, for a human. Of course I'm not going to argue against that, that Mel while still a chibi, can fight opponents way bigger than him, but just like Izraf was the head of his clan, and he was pretty big, I can see the demon king being like that as well.
It's definitely more interesting than have him be a toddler. That would be too much like Yu Yu Hakusho, Enma Jr to be more precise. And while he's mostly seen as a toddler, he also has an adult form.
If we go by the logic that leaders of clans or kings must be big then yeah, it would be reasonable to assume the demon king will be a pretty big dude. But I would still argue this is more of a 50/50 scenario in that regard. Remember that chapter where mel's shadow was shown as a huge demon? Nakaba could be doing something like that as well. Personally, my theory right now is that the face on escanor's wanted poster was the demon king's. There was already a poster with estarosa, it makes sense the other one would be the demon king.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Do you think that was the DK's shadow or Meliodas's own when he was seen walking with Elizabeth early in the series?

Enma Jr was not the king, his dad was, and he was huge.I think the DK will be rather imposing too. Taller than his sons at least.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Do you think that was the DK's shadow or Meliodas's own when he was seen walking with Elizabeth early in the series?
I want it to be Mel's own shadow. It works as foreshadowing, no pun intended, seeing as how, at that point in the series, Mel's identity was still up in the air.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Enma Jr was not the king, his dad was, and he was huge.I think the DK will be rather imposing too. Taller than his sons at least.
It's the concept of him being a toddler, but yeah I'm well aware that Enma Jr is the prince.:^_^

It's just so redundant to always have one of the strongest characters or the villain be small, or look like a child even. In the manga we already have Mel who fits this stereotype, and Zeldris too.

If he's not huge like I expect him to, then at least he should be an "adult" like Estarossa.With long flowing silver hair....:p

Yakkun

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, Nakaba likes his "boy" main characters. He has several heroes in his works where that applies. Others are cheeky teens. Kongou Akira kind of was an exception in how he seemed more like a fully grown man who also acted as such, despite still being in high school. I digress.

I am personally still hoping for Meliodas to eventually reach his supposed adult state or at least get a plausible explanation for why his wanted poster looks like Estarossa because that still doesn't make any sense at all without relying to vague speculation about things no one can prove yet.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Well, Nakaba likes his "boy" main characters. He has several heroes in his works where that applies. Others are cheeky teens. Kongou Akira kind of was an exception in how he seemed more like a fully grown man who also acted as such, despite still being in high school. I digress.

I am personally still hoping for Meliodas to eventually reach his supposed adult state or at least get a plausible explanation for why his wanted poster looks like Estarossa because that still doesn't make any sense at all without relying to vague speculation about things no one can prove yet.
This is quite off-topic, but the wanted poster was supposed to reflect Meliodas' looks ten years after the framing of the Sins. Besides the fact that Meliodas would have looked exactly like Estarossa, I don't know if there's another point to it.
There should be more, but eh.

Anyway, we've got the answer to the thread's title, and it's confirmed Meliodas is the first prince of the Demon Clan.

AiNana

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I don't think there is any royal family in the demon clan. The demon king is after all the strongest and most terrifying of all demons. Which by the way was Mel's past dream. So every demon has a chance of becoming king, ass long as they are more powerful than the other members of their clan.
This dream also reflects on Zeldris, as he took over Camelot and after that, sitting on a throne. Meaning Zeldris wants to be demon king.
One of the many reasons he hates Mel? Blocking his way to his dream?
Estarossa doesnt' give any idication what he wants. His older brother back to the way he was? I don't understand him at all, but still like him.:blush

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Estarossa doesnt' give any idication what he wants. His older brother back to the way he was? I don't understand him at all, but still like him.:blush
Simply put, he wants to be Mel from back in the day.:verily

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I don't think there is any royal family in the demon clan. The demon king is after all the strongest and most terrifying of all demons. Which by the way was Mel's past dream. So every demon has a chance of becoming king, ass long as they are more powerful than the other members of their clan.
This dream also reflects on Zeldris, as he took over Camelot and after that, sitting on a throne. Meaning Zeldris wants to be demon king.
One of the many reasons he hates Mel? Blocking his way to his dream?
To me this sounds a bit weird. I don't particularly get the impression the other demons actually want to be the demon king. Recent events bring to light one simple fact: the demon king is dead. And he is going to revive eventually. With that in mind, the demon king throne is not really up for grabs, there isn't a need for an heir. If there was a need for a demon king then odds are estarosa would have already taken that seat. With his power it is abundantly clear that he is more than qualified for the job. Even if his power does not compare to the previous demon king, he is certainly a league above other demons at least.