Question - Meliodas' relationship with the Demon King | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Meliodas' relationship with the Demon King

DDDDD5

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The shape of her face? That could imply that the Octopus girl is also their sister. You can't conclude anything from that.
Sure, the ahoge is similar, but not anything conclusive. Zeldris lacks an ahoge but he's still Meliodas' brother.

As I said, we have not been shown anything personality-related which connects her to the brothers. Zeldris has only mentioned Estarossa as his brother and that's it. Neither of them seem to care about Derrierie in the least.
The only person she seems to have a relationship with is Monspiet.
Sure, I could have told that they were his brothers even without the marks. However, that does not change the fact that they DO have the mark and she DOES NOT.
I'm talking about Lugh from the Celtic Mythology. Meliodas' character is based on him.

And nothing you've said disproves mine.
I just don't see her being their sister, but I couldn't care less if she was.
Estarossa was called brother by Zeldris, who is Mel's brother. Additionally, he looks like an adult Meliodas, which is a clear indication of some kind of relation.
Um, yes there are clear indications that Zeldris and Estarossa are Meliodas' brothers. Those same things indicate that she is his sister. I pointed out everything wrong with your post it's not my fault if you don't care.

As for the Ahoge, they're the only characters who have it, and that includes Zeldris. His entire hair is just Meliodas' but backwards, what would be the ahoge is the big strand of hair in front of his face. And I included the shape of the face because along with the hair it's pretty obvious.

Zeldris and Estarossa have barely talked. Just because they aren't talking each other constantly doesn't mean they aren't related. My point about the mark was even if they didn't have it you wouldn't argue that they weren't related to him because they clearly resemble him.

I'm still not getting your point about Monspiet. What does him always being around her have to do with anything. Are you implying he's her brother, cousin, something. I fail to see why you think them having a connection somehow means she isn't connected to anyone else.

Celtic mythology? Do you mean, Lugh? Personally I'd assume Meliodas is named after the Arthurian character of the same name in setting where everything has and Arthurian basis. And the point still stands, Arthurian legend or Celtic mythology Nakaba is very clearly

But really what it comes down to is that she looks like him. If you see it you see it and if you don't you don't and I don't really think anything else can be said about it. It's just an observation and really nothing either of us has said proves it one way or the other. Like I said, if it never gets brought up okay then but don't be surprised when it does.

Last edited:

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Um, yes there are clear indications that Zeldris and Estarossa are Meliodas' brothers. Those same things indicate that she is his sister. I pointed out everything wrong with your post it's not my fault if you don't care.

As for the Ahoge, they're the only characters who have it, and that includes Zeldris. His entire hair is just Meliodas' but backwards, what would be the ahoge is the big strand of hair in front of his face. And I included the shape of the face because along with the hair it's pretty obvious.

Zeldris and Estarossa have barely talked. Just because they aren't talking each other constantly doesn't mean they aren't related. My point about the mark was even if they didn't have it you wouldn't argue that they weren't related to him because they clearly resemble him.

I'm still not getting your point about Monspiet. What does him always being around her have to do with anything. Are you implying he's her brother, cousin, something. I fail to see why you think them having a connection somehow means she isn't connected to anyone else.

Celtic Mythology? Do you mean, Lugh because that's an assumption on your part. Personally I'd assume Meliodas is named after the Arthurian character of the same name in setting where everything has and Arthurian basis.

For someone who says he doesn't care you sure are fighting me on this.
Her hair is the only resemblance, which is not sufficient. Speculate all you want.

What are you talking about? Zeldris' bang is completely different. The shape of the face is circular for most young characters, so what you're saying is not very conclusive.

"Constantly"? They haven't talked a bit.
But because that mark exists, it is clear indication that Derrierie is not related to Mel, as she lacks it.

Named after him, but it depicts the legends of Lugh. A blond guy who does not age and who also has two brothers.
Balor's eye also derives from this mythology, so it's not "assumption".

I wouldn't care if it's confirmed that she's their sister, just like how you wouldn't care if she was not. The feeling is completely mutual.
There are more indications that she is NOT their sister, but you keep relying on some spiky hair which is not even that similar.

DDDDD5

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's quite funny that the only options apparently valid here are either he's the demon king or the grandchild of the demon king. He might indeed be royalty but there's not much that suggest that. As for Ass Girl being their sister, it's an interesting thought but practically entirely baseless. Wouldn't Zeldris or Estarossa have acknowledged her by now? Zeldris called Estarossa his brother, Mel said Zeldris was his brother, yet they all ignore Ass girl for some reason? She hasn't even been named yet. I find it highly unlikely that she's their sister.
Well I already explained my bit about Derrierie so I'm not going over that but as for your other point I agree.

Meliodas is quite clearly not the Demon King, references to the Demon King make that clear. I also agree that's a weird jump to either being the king or his grandchild. But as for him being Demon Royalty while not explicit yet it's a reasonable assumption based on narrative convention. Such as at least two of the Ten Commandments being Meliodas siblings and Meliodas himself being an incredibly powerful demon. Seeing as the author has already seen fit to give Meliodas a personal connection to those in the upper echelons on demons it's not that hard to think that he'd go one step further and make them related to the Demon King.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

Her hair is the only resemblance, which is not sufficient. Speculate all you want.

What are you talking about? Zeldris' bang is completely different. The shape of the face is circular for most young characters, so what you're saying is not very conclusive.

"Constantly"? They haven't talked a bit.
But because that mark exists, it is clear indication that Derrierie is not related to Mel, as she lacks it.

Named after him, but it depicts the legends of Lugh. A blond guy who does not age and who also has two brothers.
Balor's eye also derives from this mythology, so it's not "assumption".

I wouldn't care if it's confirmed that she's their sister, just like how you wouldn't care if she was not. The feeling is completely mutual.
There are more indications that she is NOT their sister, but you keep relying on some spiky hair which is not even that similar.
I said constantly because you made it seem as if Zeldris and Estarossa are always interacting with one another. They are not, they've only spoken twice. And Zeldris has actually spoken to her once, before they flew to Edinburgh.

My point was that Zeldris' hair is quite literally Meliodas going backward. Look at the back of his head starting from the ducktail and reverse it and you've Meliodas' hair style.

And it is similar, every major lock of hair to Meliodas has she has. And the hoge, which no other characters have but them. These things are not that hard if you just take a couple of minutes to look closely and inspect the characters. And the shape of the face matters because besides her eyes, she's Meliodas.

We're obviously not going to get anywhere with this, do you want to just leave it alone? We're both basically just saying the same things over and over at this point.

Last edited:

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Well I already explained my bit about Derrierie so I'm not going over that but as for your other point I agree.

Meliodas is quite clearly not the Demon King, references to the Demon King make that clear. I also agree that's a weird jump to either being the king or his grandchild. But as for him being Demon Royalty while not explicit yet it's a reasonable assumption based on narrative convention. Such as at least two of the Ten Commandments being Meliodas siblings and Meliodas himself being an incredibly powerful demon. Seeing as the author has already seen fit to give Meliodas a personal connection to those in the upper echelons on demons it's not that hard to think that he'd go one step further and make them related to the Demon King.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

I said constantly because you made it seem as if Zeldris and Estarossa are always interacting with one another. They are not, they've only spoken twice. And Zeldris has actually spoken to her once, before they flew to Edinburgh.

My point was that Zeldris' hair is quite literally Meliodas going backward. Look at the back of his head starting from the ducktail and reverse it and you've Meliodas' hair style.

And it is similar, every major lock of hair to Meliodas has she has. And the hoge, which no other characters have but them. These things are not that hard if you just take a couple of minutes to look closely and inspect the characters. And the shape of the face matters because besides her eyes, she's Meliodas.

We're obviously not going to get anywhere with this, do you want to just leave it alone? We're both basically just saying the same things over and over at this point.
I can clearly see every single resemblance you're pointing out. I simply don't see it sufficient to call her his sister.

Anyway, I do agree that we're basically repeating things over and over again. Both of us are speculating at this point, so let's just end it here.

Rescorlian

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France

The thing is, she lacks the demon mark, plus she has a part of her body covered with black, suggesting she's less "human" than Zeldris, Estarossa or Monthspiet.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I doubt meliodas is the demon king. In context it would make precisely 0 sense. If meliodas was the demon king then there wouldn't be a war, he would be the leader of the demons and the one making the calls. At the very least he is not currently the demon king. Looking at the last chapter the commandments are still fighting for the demon king which would make it somewhat incredible that meliodas is still the demon king.

As for dereire, she looks nothing like meliodas and lacks the demon marking the other 3 siblings have. For them to be siblings we would have to ignore the complete lack of context up to this point and the demon marking would have to not be blood related or an all male thing which is a bit of a stretch.

DDDDD5

Reaction score
Country
United States
I can clearly see every single resemblance you're pointing out. I simply don't see it sufficient to call her his sister.

Anyway, I do agree that we're basically repeating things over and over again. Both of us are speculating at this point, so let's just end it here.
I know I said I was going to leave his alone, but I guess I can't until I say this. She, Meliodas, and Estarossa's hair has very specific pattern. None of them are just randomly spiky. They have locks of hair that branch of at specific points, the same bangs and locks of hair framing their faces, and of course, the ahoge (and smaller lock hair standing next to it). That combined with the same shaped face, and yes I know other characters but in combination of the hair makes her look like Zeldris. I know I'm sounding like beating a dead horse, but this really is something that should be visible if you just compare her and Meliodas. I actually know what pages and panel to do that. Go to Red Hawk and look at her in the lower left panel of page 16 chapter 113, here http://manga.redhawkscans.com/reader/read/the_seven_deadly_sins/en/0/113/page/16. And then look at Meliodas in the lower right panel of page 8 of chapter 125 here http://http://manga.redhawkscans.com/reader/read/the_seven_deadly_sins/en/0/125/page/8. The only reason I'm still going with this is that it just doesn't seem like the sort of thing you should miss with it being pointed out or slightly above average observational skills.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

The thing is, she lacks the demon mark, plus she has a part of her body covered with black, suggesting she's less "human" than Zeldris, Estarossa or Monthspiet.
Her being covered in darkness doesn't suggest that at all. For one thing when Meliodas broke out of the goddess amber half of his bother was also covered in shadow, and for another thing, Monspiet's torso and arms are also constantly covered, you usually can't tell because of his mantel but this is very apparent in chapter 128. And then there's Meraskylla and her ever prominent shadow scarf/cloak thing. Some demons just seem to like having it on them at all times.

As for the mark, I've been assuming it's a male only thing in their family, but if you don't buy that, I'd understand. I also agree that it's weird that he hasn't brought it up yet.

And with that, I won't mention it again, unless someone else does or when it's confirmed. Sorry for beating this dead horse so much.

Last edited:

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I know I said I was going to leave his alone, but I guess I can't until I say this. She, Meliodas, and Estarossa's hair has very specific pattern. None of them are just randomly spiky. They have locks of hair that branch of at specific points, the same bangs and locks of hair framing their faces, and of course, the ahoge (and smaller lock hair standing next to it). That combined with the same shaped face, and yes I know other characters but in combination of the hair makes her look like Zeldris. I know I'm sounding like beating a dead horse, but this really is something that should be visible if you just compare her and Meliodas. I actually know what pages and panel to do that. Go to Red Hawk and look at her in the lower left panel of page 16 chapter 113, here http://manga.redhawkscans.com/reader/read/the_seven_deadly_sins/en/0/113/page/16. And then look at Meliodas in the lower right panel of page 8 of chapter 125 here http://http://manga.redhawkscans.com/reader/read/the_seven_deadly_sins/en/0/125/page/8. The only reason I'm still going with this is that it just doesn't seem like the sort of thing you should miss with it being pointed out or slightly above average observational skills.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Her being covered in darkness doesn't suggest that at all. For one thing when Meliodas broke out of the goddess amber half of his bother was also covered in shadow, and for another thing, Monspiet's torso and arms are also constantly covered, you usually can't tell because of his mantel but this is very apparent in chapter 128. And then there's Meraskylla and her ever prominent shadow scarf/cloak thing. Some demons just seem to like having it on them at all times.

As for the mark, I've been assuming it's a male only thing in their family, but if you don't buy that, I'd understand. I also agree that it's weird that he hasn't brought it up yet.

And with that, I won't mention it again, unless someone else does or when it's confirmed. Sorry for beating this dead horse so much.
Don't worry, I can clearly see those resemblances, so you're not beating a dead horse. :p

It's mere speculation from both sides until we get confirmation.
If she hadn't had this weird and obscure development, I'd have agreed with you.
Everyone was calling her "the girl who looks like Mel" when she first appeared in chapter 109, so there's clearly quite a bit of resemblance. However, her development and the lack of a symbol (which may be limited to males, sure but we need some more information) made me highly doubt she's related to them.

Rescorlian

Reaction score
Country
France
What clear resemblance? Her hair?
Firstly, her name derives from French, just like Monspiet's alone. Secondly, she only stays with him. The only one she's related to is Monspiet, as far as we know.
Thirdly, her manner of talking is also understood by Monspiet alone...
Furthermore, she lacks the symbol on her forehead, which is a major thing.
Lastly, Meliodas has no sister in mythology.
I'm french, and I don't see how these names are related to french language :p

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I'm french, and I don't see how these names are related to french language :p
I think it's because Monspiet resembles "Mon pied". And Derrierie resembles "Derriere", coupled with her catch phrase(To say from the ass :XD) it does look like a French reference.

Rescorlian

Reaction score
Country
France
I think it's because Monspiet resembles "Mon pied". And Derrierie resembles "Derriere", coupled with her catch phrase(To say from the ass :XD) it does look like a French reference.
Omfg, haha you just killed me right here ! :D

Shouldn't this thread be closed though ? It's pretty clear Meliodas isn't the Demon King

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Omfg, haha you just killed me right here ! :D

Shouldn't this thread be closed though ? It's pretty clear Meliodas isn't the Demon King
The thread includes the possibility of Meliodas' being his grandchild, so I'll leave it open for some more time; discussion is still available, after all.

SpectrumRay16

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm... I think that Meliodas cannot be the demon king as already stated by everyone else in this thread XD

But, i'm not really that convinced that the three brothers are the spawn of the demon king either. Now, i will say this... they are royalty/nobility, but i don't think they are the demon king's children. I would just like to consider the option that they are the demon king's nephews.
In Celtic myth the three brothers are birthed from their mother, i believe it is their mother that belongs to royalty and their father does not. If Nakaba follows this myth and uses this particular element within it, these three brothers are actually the offspring of the current demon king's sister or daughter. I would also vary a guess that the demon king, if it's Balor has a son.
I do not think these three are in line to the throne, considering how the other commandments talk to them (they don't acknowledge their royalty, by saying your highness and some of the commandments do not respect the decision they make, Galan towards Zeldris mostly)
So i suspect that they are related to the demon king or a noble family, but, they are not his children.

It's possible that this is the case, but, i also think they could be the demon king's offspring... i just find it weird that the other commandments treat each other the same way, with respect and an informal tone. The only exception being Galan... so it's possible that all the commandments minus Galan and the blob all come from noble families that have been integrated into the 10 commandments.
Galan seems to be a demon that has simply made it from the front lines and the demon blob reminds me of a grey demon party... so it probably came from the battlefield or an experiment.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Hmm... I think that Meliodas cannot be the demon king as already stated by everyone else in this thread XD

But, i'm not really that convinced that the three brothers are the spawn of the demon king either. Now, i will say this... they are royalty/nobility, but i don't think they are the demon king's children. I would just like to consider the option that they are the demon king's nephews.
In Celtic myth the three brothers are birthed from their mother, i believe it is their mother that belongs to royalty and their father does not. If Nakaba follows this myth and uses this particular element within it, these three brothers are actually the offspring of the current demon king's sister or daughter. I would also vary a guess that the demon king, if it's Balor has a son.
I do not think these three are in line to the throne, considering how the other commandments talk to them (they don't acknowledge their royalty, by saying your highness and some of the commandments do not respect the decision they make, Galan towards Zeldris mostly)
So i suspect that they are related to the demon king or a noble family, but, they are not his children.

It's possible that this is the case, but, i also think they could be the demon king's offspring... i just find it weird that the other commandments treat each other the same way, with respect and an informal tone. The only exception being Galan... so it's possible that all the commandments minus Galan and the blob all come from noble families that have been integrated into the 10 commandments.
Galan seems to be a demon that has simply made it from the front lines and the demon blob reminds me of a grey demon party... so it probably came from the battlefield or an experiment.
Nobody has been implying that they are his sons; we're all assuming they're his grandsons.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I Think Meliodas,Zeldris and Eastrossa are The Sons of The Demon King.The Hair Colour indicates that They are Half Brothers or even Cousins.But I Believe Meliodas and Eastrossa are Definetly Elder Brother and Younger Brother.

SpectrumRay16

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Nobody has been implying that they are his sons; we're all assuming they're his grandsons.
True, but i was going a step further as i do think the demon king would be in his prime!
Although, i suppose grandchildren would make WAY more sense than actual children... because it could also be they are only related to the demon king and not actually in line to the throne (Main branch/side branch kind of thing)

Rescorlian

Reaction score
Country
France
True, but i was going a step further as i do think the demon king would be in his prime!
Although, i suppose grandchildren would make WAY more sense than actual children... because it could also be they are only related to the demon king and not actually in line to the throne (Main branch/side branch kind of thing)
The problem is if they are the DK's grandchildren, we gotta bring the father and mother stuff, and I think it'd just be lame. Meliodas, Zeldris and Estarossa are probably the DK's children or from the demon nobility

SpectrumRay16

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The problem is if they are the DK's grandchildren, we gotta bring the father and mother stuff, and I think it'd just be lame. Meliodas, Zeldris and Estarossa are probably the DK's children or from the demon nobility
My guess is Demon Nobility, at the very least... they look and seem to be at least that high up! Whether or not they are the demon king's children, i'm still not sure/convinced, cause i don't actually see any... hints towards that, as of yet! But, i do think demon nobility will refer to many of these commandments!

JediKnightWhoSaysNi

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
dang this is awesome. I just stumbled onto this awesome thread. Meliodias being in the family of the demon king wouldn't surprise me. He knows all 10 commandments names and they know him well too. I would assume the 10 commandments only acknowledge strong people that have some relation to do with their boss the demon king. Since it seems that at one time they were friendly with each other at before he locked them up. I am gonna speculate that maybe he might have been demon king relative or someone in direct contact with him. This might explain how strong he is.

Notice me Escanor senpai

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Meh not fond of the idea. It would make more sense if it's his sons.
If we're going to give any credit to the theory that Mel is part Goddess, then I'm gonna go a step further and say that the Demon King is a fallen Goddess clan member.There's no evidence that the Goddess clan is a female only clan, and you can check my theory about the DK here, and how imo he could represent Lucifer.
Anyway as the Demon king's children they could technically have Goddess blood. Half of it actually. Since Dolor and Gloxinia are able to retain the attributes of their original clan, then it should be the same for the DK, and he should be able to pass it on to his "children".
Also maybe he rebelled after his children were born, so that would make them real Goddess clan members.
In the case of them being the DK's grandchildren, they'd only have a quarter Goddess blood.So their blood would be more "diluted".
Mel's longevity in particular is abnormal, even for demons, so that is why it is thought that he could be a hybrid, with him having a parent from the Goddess clan. I'm simply saying that the Goddess clan member in question could be the Demon King.
Although I don't expect anyone to get on board with this idea, it's more of a crackpot theory so feel free to ignore it. I wouldn't want people to get too worked up about it, and end up "derailing the discussion".

Last edited: