Life - Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. Ask the Opposite Gender/The Relationships Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Life Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. Ask the Opposite Gender/The Relationships Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Are you deeply in love with somebody and would like to express you undying gratitude for meeting this person? Or would you like to get some love advice? Or maybe you just want to relate stories from former relationships? Or perhaps you'd like to discuss what your ideal man or woman would be like?

Well, if you're itching to do any of the above, this is the place to talk about it!

Since I've been hearing a LOT from friends about their relationships lately ( mostly thanks to Valentine's Day, even though it's days ago ) I kinda sensed it was the right time to start a thread like this.

So have fun and remember, don't believe everything you hear XD

[bb]hi-jack! The thread previously known as Ask the Opposite Gender has been merged in with this thread, so feel free to ask those questions, even if they're not Relationship-related. :amuse[/bb]

Last edited by a moderator:

Miso

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Re: ❤ The Romance Thread ❤

:glomp

Well...then I have to say....I LOVE YOU, GK! :lmao
Because you're such a nice and caring person.

hatakescarecrow

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score

Man......I hate to say it to u GK but..... don't u think this thread is overboard?

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
Reaction score
Country
Greece

Has anyone here ever felt an emotional gap so great, that they kind of felt in love... "in general"? We are talking about an emotional gap so great, that you feel like you are waiting for your loved one... when you don't have one!? I feel like a psychopath merely talking about this, but I'd rather be analysed by you people here, than a psychologist I'd feel the urge to kill :eyeroll

EDIT/ Overboard? How so? You wanna talk? You do. You don't? Then don't. :p

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Miso said:
:glomp

Well...then I have to say....I LOVE YOU, GK! :lmao
Because you're such a nice and caring person.
XDDD :glomp

hatakescarecrow said:
Man......I hate to say it to u GK but..... don't u think this thread is overboard?
Nah, it's just one thread. Don't worry about participating if you don't want to, this is just a thread where people here can vent or whatever whenever they feel like it.

Anax said:
Has anyone here ever felt an emotional gap so great, that they kind of felt in love... "in general"? We are talking about an emotional gap so great, that you feel like you are waiting for your loved one... when you don't have one!? I feel like a psychopath merely talking about this, but I'd rather be analysed by you people here, than a psychologist I'd feel the urge to kill :eyeroll
I'm sure everybody goes through that. We all have a "special person" out there that we know we might end up with at times and I think that feeling you're getting is alike sensing there's somebody waiting for you out there. That sense of emotional gap you're feeling might be indirectly related to that.

Hermie

vs. The World.
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Norway

I really wish I had any romance to talk about here. xD

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

What! With that avatar, you should be romancing girls right and left XD

Hermie

vs. The World.
Reaction score
Country
Norway

When was the last time you saw Sanji actually get any action? :p

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

That's besides the point, you should have plenty of women to talk about ;)

Even if you HAVEN'T touched them...

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

I considered posting here, but talking to someone on msn or moo isn't the same as posting something on this subject, there's the chance it will be google'd up, you know? ;)

"as long as they're still on the to-do list, romance topics are sometimes too intimate for public announcment..."

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
Reaction score
Country
Greece

You are right... but I don't care. Why? I don't know man. I just don't care. So what if someone googles this thread up... I can't lie to people unless there's grave need, and even then I'm often not that good. People usually just ask me things and I tell them... I'm just saying this to show the contrast between me and you and to verify GKs existant idea on my person. Somehow this is all very funny... :D

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

Ideal women from Khaludh's head [safe topic]:
Hair: Light brown, long, straight from those tv-commercials...
Eyes: Light blue...
Hight: Smaller then me ( = average )
Weight: Not to skinny :D
*sidenote: most women tend to believe they are to fat... why?!?
Personality: mysterious, playful, confident, 'fighter' spirit/never gives up etc

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

It's rather odd I started this thread last night because at the same time (though I didn't realize it until today) I got an e-mail from my ex-ex-ex-girlfriend asking if we could chat on gmail's chat system. ( 'ex-ex-ex' refers to how we broke up three times. )

I thought I wouldn't be talking to her anymore ever since I stopped being as active on AIM, but it looks like that's not going to be the case! I guess we're just never going to stop talking :p

(BTW: If you are afraid of this thread being googled, just go on a no-name basis. )

walkie

Reaction score
Country
Turkey

// i have been away from general discussion for a long time, it is good to be here again :D

romance..romance...let me think...romance....hmmm...ok i am in a very romantic relation now..think a girl that see says she wants to meet me, i mean see each other,spend sometime and etc..but for almost 2 months she has some stuff to do?!?!? she is the one wants to see and she is the one who is busy?!??! very romantic i like it :D

xallisto

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

the opposite of shy/insecure
Confident would be the word your looking for :)

thanks ;) - K

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
Reaction score
Country
Greece

@Khaludh --> Hahaha, I don't have a particular taste for womens' looks! No matter what their hair, body, eyes are like, women can be irresistable depending on their character. What I'd like is a girl who's playful, smart, cute, small so that we both enjoy a good hug.

By the way, why is it a common belief that men like women who are dumb and blonde? Here's an imaginary chat among me my roomie and a mutual friend (not totally imaginary, more like stitching of various chats)

Roomie: Tanya is GORGEOUS I so wanna ::censored:: and ::censored:: and then ::censored:: :plot
LC: Well, see, she IS gorgeous, but also "a brick" :p
Common way to say "dumb" :p
Anax: I can imagine me and her: I wouldn't understand much of her and she wouln't understand much of me. In the end when you don't understand something you either think it's foolish or idealize it. She'd do one of those, I know what I'd do... Which makes me wonder if she truly is stupid or it's us who cannot see her level of inteligence (due to it being out of our line of sight)
Roomie and LC: Oh, man don't start again... :notrust
Anax: Yeah, I'm just playing with you, the girl is a Barbie doll, I mean she scares me! :blink
LC: Not that you'd mind if she ::censored:: though :eyeroll
Anax: Yeah? Well, fantasies are ok, but what do you the rest of the day? Do I need to remind you of a certain case, a certain girl-
LC: Ok, ok :notrust
Roomie: Ok, unstuck you guys! :yelling
Greek slang for: "stop dealing with the matter at hand/ change topic/ don't "stick" to what you're doing" or "cut it out". When emphasis is given on the "cut it out" version you might say "unstuck from your life!". Slang is funny, translating it literally, is funnier :D

walkie

Reaction score
Country
Turkey

Anax said:
By the way, why is it a common belief that men like women who are dumb and blonde?
here is an explation as a reason

smart girl--->talks too much
argues much, finds your mistakes and says those ones to you whenever there is an arguement, never forgets your mistake (such as forgetting smthng) and reminds that like "onetime you didnt like that" (it is even you did one time so she tell this a life-time)
everything even a small event can become deeper

dump (blonde) girl-->easy to finish an arguement, doesnt make things complicated (because she cant), if you are good enough, soon she will do what you say

so sometimes dump girls are better :p (and i wonder why generally blondes are dumb or why dumbs make their hair generall blonde :p)

Galth

Puella Magi
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands

WaLkiE said:
so sometimes dump girls are better :p
Kukuku, brilliant typo... :thumbs

Hermie

vs. The World.
Reaction score
Country
Norway

I don't know about you, but I prefer to listen to a smart person for a long time over listening to a dumb person for a short time... :amuse

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Yeah, I love conversation too.

Anyway, the reason people think of blonde girls as dumb are because they feel most shapely blonde girls usually go through life (at least childhood to teens) without any trouble getting attention from guys. So, they think a lot of girls in this situation usually feel like all they have to do is get a man and they'll be well off. So they don't really try to become educated. But that was kinda a 70's, 80's thing, it's a stereotype that's not so true anymore.

Still the expression survives - even blonde girls I've known makes fun of themselves like one case - I knew this pretty blonde girl who sat next to me for African American Art History class and she'll forget something she usually knows and when I remind her she'll be like "oh sorry, blonde moment!"

Status
Not open for further replies.