Hangout MH Manhwa Hangout

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Has another manhwa ended? I was hoping to read just completed series now, but with everyone hyping chaser i may give it a try....
Have you read Shin Angyo Onshi or Ares ? Both are good completed manhwa
 

ErosVp

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2010
Messages
1,113
Reaction score
391
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Ares i read! It was great, some kind of historical aspect plus shounen and swords.... The other i just checked, 75 chapters seems reasonable! But now it will have to wait until i finish Chaser, i'm in chapter 23...
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
i'm reading an epic webcomic called trace atm, it's already ended and have 7volumes. I'm at vol 3 atm and honestly i already put trace in my top manhwa list, i can't say what i like more between trace and noblesse. that stuff is just epic, dark and fcking addictive
 

ErosVp

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2010
Messages
1,113
Reaction score
391
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Wow! This trace is great!!! I just finished volume 2 and the art got better, i must say the first volume had a plain art... but the feelings the author want to pass us really get across, the way Ghang Gwon narrated his story was good (It was my first fight. I thought i could win.)...

BUT volume 2 and Kim Yoon Seong was the greater part until now. I think the author got better and Ghang Gwon will develop too, but the "ocean's eleven" plan and the sad story about Mr Beggar and Pierrot was just well done.
I'm confused if i'm allowed to feel sad about Pierrot though... Is he dead or not?

---------- Post added September 17, 2011 at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was September 11, 2011 at 07:50 PM ----------

Trace was a good reading, but the end seemed rushed.... They focused on Mr Beegar and the governement and Ghang Gwon plot seemed uninportant. At the end it was really interesting reading about the relantionship between traces and humans, but the troubles looked like bonus, just to bring them to light at the end...

Good, but not on the same level of Noblesse or ToG. I read The God of Highschool and it was great! I think i'll start another webcomic... But there is Farytale for the demon lord, Paladin, Magician.... It is hard to choose!!!! Can someone tell me the most popular webcomics of Naver and Daum?
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
hum i do prefer trace and chaser to ToG. but u're right about the ending of Trace, i was really expecting more. the story has a so great potential but it was rushed at the end. But unlike lots of people i wasn't interested in Ghang Gwon story. Some people talk about a season 2.
 

ErosVp

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2010
Messages
1,113
Reaction score
391
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I was interested in Ghang Gwon only in the first volume. Later, his plot became childsh compared to the serious stuff happening with mr Beggar!

The author said he would do a season two, but he was going to do anothe series before...

Of all the webcomics I prefer ToG. Chaser is good but i want to see more about its mysteries, shame the season 2 is not even released yet..

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

I was interested in Ghang Gwon only in the first volume. Later, his plot became childsh compared to the serious stuff happening with mr Beggar!

The author said he would do a season two, but he was going to do anothe series before...

Of all the webcomics I prefer ToG. Chaser is good but i want to see more about its mysteries, shame the season 2 is not even released yet...
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
I tried Annarasumanara, the first 4 chapters have been translated by egscans recently and by Webtoon Live till chapter 11 (but they stopped it). I would not say that the story is the strongest point, but the author is making really good job in the drawing area. The concept of the web comic is really used for more than just a manhwa in color and I like that.
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
I tried Annarasumanara, the first 4 chapters have been translated by egscans recently and by Webtoon Live till chapter 11 (but they stopped it). I would not say that the story is the strongest point, but the author is making really good job in the drawing area. The concept of the web comic is really used for more than just a manhwa in color and I like that.
I intended to try it. The cover picture at egscans looked interesting. How is the story so far, the theme?
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
The theme is about a young high school girl Ai who seems to have been abandoned by her father and whose mother is away (dead?). So she has big money issue. In the city there is an old amusement park. The only person there is a mysterious magician who, according to the rumour, is able to make people disappear. By circumstance, they meet each other, but the difficulties of life, made Ai loose her belief in magic.

Below is two examples of the visuals used by the author. It's kind of special so I understand one may not like it.
 
Last edited:

ErosVp

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2010
Messages
1,113
Reaction score
391
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
If i read that i think i will just torture myself! it only has 3 chapters!!!! I would probably like and then the waiting would be hellish, plus i don't like to peek at korean raws.....
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
There are 11 chapters translated out of 25. It will depend on egscans release pace. I'm not to sure to understand how they deal with them given the fact that they stopped chaser
 

ErosVp

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2010
Messages
1,113
Reaction score
391
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Oh! It is completed series with 25 chapters? Hmm... 11 translated chapters are more solid....
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
The theme is about a young high school girl Ai who seems to have been abandoned by her father and whose mother is away (dead?). So she has big money issue. In the city there is an old amusement park. The only person there is a mysterious magician who, according to the rumour, is able to make people disappear. By circumstance, they meet each other, but the difficulties of life, made Ai loose her belief in magic.

Below is two examples of the visuals used by the author. It's kind of special so I understand one may not like it.
Thanks for the info. I liked the plot and the art is pretty acceptable. I will try it as soon as I have some spare time. I already have few series on my list that are either dropped, on hiatus, or uncertain releases-one more can't hurt, right.
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,758
Reaction score
26,062
Gender
Male
Country
United States
NEWS UPDATE

A Fairytale for the Demon Lord by Kim Yong-Hwan


The web series A Fairytale for the Demon Lord by Kim Yong-Hwan has been finished.
I think there will be a prequel to it. Although I won't be following it (maybe).

If you have not read the series yet, please give it a try.
 

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Feb 11, 2011
Messages
9,149
Reaction score
3,397
Age
33
Gender
Female
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Eh? It has been that long already? ^^;
I kind of dropped that series because it feels a bit too heavy and monotonous. I didn't expect it to end so fast. A prequel, huh? It is kind of rare to see a series having a prequel, could be interesting. Not sure, though.
 

ErosVp

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2010
Messages
1,113
Reaction score
391
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The authors of Ares, Chaser, Trace and Kisswood didn't do any other work? Does anyone know?
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,758
Reaction score
26,062
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This I'm not sure but if you search the manhwa titles on the on manga updates, you might find the answers.
 

shaheer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
4,190
Reaction score
2,208
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
i may sound annoying but still got to say it
try the manhwa Witch Hunter, i planned on starting hte thread few months back when i started it was really a good shonen but the scannalation was pretty slow recently few more chaps are released so its a green sig may be more chaps will be released soon and what ever the cease it is still an ongoing manhwa
if ou like fantasy world and power using heros and villains you like this one

---------- Post added December 23, 2011 at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was December 17, 2011 at 10:23 AM ----------

When in the world will the next vol of Legend of Maian be released?
i have been checking the online readers every now and then but its still on chap 62. Is it a dropped project or what ? if so is tehre any chance of getting the raws to view and its subsequent translation online? i dun like leaving a manga half way if i like it and esp if things were just getting interesting
 

DarkLordOfKichiku

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2010
Messages
908
Reaction score
576
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Hmm, just stared reading "Zen Martial Arts Academy". That's a manhwa, right? If so, I'm a bit surpised that it doesn't have it's own thread here as it seems promising enough. Fun and likeable characters, at any rate :D .
 

shaheer

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
4,190
Reaction score
2,208
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
hmm i thought of creating a thread but wanted to amass atleast 15 chap b4 starting one.
its kind a like tenjou tenge in certain instances heard the raw is on hiatus for more than a yr tho

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

opened a new webtoon thread, the title of the manhwa is TAL. its a decent read, you guys might try it out
 
Top