Germany
hee, thx for that, too. Guess I lacked information there :D

Charlie

Mh's Pappi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I ordered ID volume 27 from should arrive in a couple weeks. Not sure might post a few pics but since eg scans is already working on the current volume.... Might not.

thornofcarrion

The Original
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I started reading Son Yeon Jeon [Limit] a day ago. The chapters are coming regularly. It isn't as good as Tower of God, Noblesse or The Breaker but it has potential. Art is what impressed me the most so far. The plot is interesting so far along with the characters.

TheBoss

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Congrats Jammin :zomg

LoS

Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
Out of curiosity what are the manhwa's you all would recommend?

I've read all the one's pinned at the top of this board in the sub-forum section, and God of High School which just recently got stickied(yay!!!).

I kinda depend on what gets good reviews, is popular, to start reading them. I've read up on Magician a bit here in the thread, read a few of the chapters and it wasn't for me. I've read up on ID and it seems like something I would enjoy, just haven't begun the series yet. The same can be said for Paladin

Other series I've been reading and enjoy are Dark Air, City of Dead Sorcerer, TAL, and Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School . The last one is well behind the raws which is a shame because I find it entertaining. Finished Veritas which was enjoyable but unfortunately didn't get renewed for another season.

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
LoS try Soul Cartel. It's one of my fav manhwa atm. And congratz Jammin, i've been busy so it's been a while i didn't come here, i didn't realize you were mod. well deserved.

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
The Legend of Maian, i think it fills your taste perfectly.
An maybe XO sisters. I've just read the first chapter though. Has anyone tried it ?

Last edited:

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
The Legend of Maian, i think it fills your taste perfectly.
An maybe XO sisters. I've just read the first chapter though. Has anyone tried it ?
yeah Legend of Maian is really good, the releases are really slow thought.
Charlie made me read few chapters of XO sisters. Found it interesting at the beginning but i quickly lost interest

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Out of curiosity what are the manhwa's you all would recommend?

I've read all the one's pinned at the top of this board in the sub-forum section, and God of High School which just recently got stickied(yay!!!).

I kinda depend on what gets good reviews, is popular, to start reading them. I've read up on Magician a bit here in the thread, read a few of the chapters and it wasn't for me. I've read up on ID and it seems like something I would enjoy, just haven't begun the series yet. The same can be said for Paladin

Other series I've been reading and enjoy are Dark Air, City of Dead Sorcerer, TAL, and Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School . The last one is well behind the raws which is a shame because I find it entertaining. Finished Veritas which was enjoyable but unfortunately didn't get renewed for another season.
Judging from that list I assume you've read The Breaker/ The Breaker New Waves and just forgot to mention it. If not I would say I would say that would be my #1 recommendation for you. ID is also really good. (and, of course, Tower of God and Noblesse are automatic recommendations)

I strongly second both of K-dom's recommendations of
  • Legend of Maian
    Kind-of regular fantasy but very much worth reading.
  • XO Sisters
    I've read what's out and it's pretty good. Nice mix of action and comedy.

Other series you might want to check out are...

• Girl of the Wild's(It was sticked so maybe you've read this already)
    It's one of those "downtrodden guy grows into a martial artist" stories, think HSD Kenichi with a little more drama. It's extremely well drawn and has a great sense of humor.
  • Carnivorous Princess Yegrinna
    Dog Princess from a different world travels the human world. It's pretty funny so you might want to check it out.
  • Trance
    The best description would be Manhwa X-Men. There are 3 main stories that form one larger story. I'd recommend reading it if only for the "Rose" story, which is so freakin' good. Though be advised the ending of the series leaves something to be desired.(at least it did for me)

Stuff that doesn't seem like it would be your cup of tea....

• Kubera
    A "gods and men" story, which I liked alright, but the pacing is almost as slow and unfocused as the much of the Magician. So this might not be your thing.
  • Paladin
    The artwork was great but the story never quite gets there and then the series ended.... I'd just pass on this one if I were you.
  • Zen Martial Arts Academy
    Was pretty good, and sounds like it would be right up your alley. However it was cancelled suddenly at chapter 29 so...stay away.

Last edited:
Reactions: LoS

LoS

Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
Yeah, the first few you mentioned were comprised in my top of the manhwa sub board category, i.e noblesse, tower of god etc...

I haven't heard of Legend of Main, and XO Sisters, I will have to look into them.

That's kinda sad to hear that about Paladin. I read the first 5 or so pages of the first chapter. While the artwork is pretty good actually, if you say the story is sort of dull and just ends then it really doesn't seem like there is any pay off to even viewing the artwork.

thornofcarrion

The Original
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I assume we lost Legend of Tyr's thread to website issued we had few weeks back. Anyway, the series has ended and the last volumes / chapters have been scanlated - out on egscans.com.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I assume we lost Legend of Tyr's thread to website issued we had few weeks back. Anyway, the series has ended and the last volumes / chapters have been scanlated - out on egscans.com.
Yeah I guess it is gone. I hadn't noticed because it was cancelled early and word of the ending had not been...positive.

So I stopped reading.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Believe it... or not.

"I thought I just had a convenient ability...until that happened..."

Noblesse's authors, Son Je-Ho and Lee Gwang-Su's new smarttoon: Ability!
Find more information at MangaUpdates or directly at EG Scans.

Look at the artwork! :zomg Honestly, I love it. Just like how Noblesse became the first webtoon manhwa I checked, and the artwork was... somehow inviting. If only they could keep up with it, since we've seen what happened with Noblesse. :s Plot-wise nothing much up yet. Will check it out for few future chapters. :3

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
That looks really good!:zomg

Though one has to wonder if this is part of the reason Noblesse has had such short chapters and inconsistent artwork recently.:-_-

thornofcarrion

The Original
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Thanks phio. It could be a reason Jammin. I just hope, its the most Noblesse will be effected.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
You guys noticed the term "smarttoon"? I read it was meant for mobile users. I find it very strange that even there are comics specifically used for mobile phones. On top of it I didn't see any difference than usual webtoons. XDD

I bet it is indeed one of the reasons why Noblesse's quality changed. I just hope it won't keep decreasing. To "sacrifice" the older series for a newer one is just sad. And I also feel like Noblesse is reaching the end as well. :s

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
smarttoon? :ginwut