Hangout - MH Manhwa Hangout | Page 9 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout MH Manhwa Hangout

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
That depends on what sort of series your looking for but of the ones on Naver my first recommendation is always The Gamer (Which is just plain awesome) then Girls of the Wild's which seems up your alley (A solid action romcom with fantastic art and lots of laughs).

Of the ones not on Naver right now my recommendation would be, two of the ones thorn mentioned, The Breaker followed by the sequel (The Breaker: New Waves) and Noblesse. And also Divine Bells. I'd order those recommendations Breaker first then Divine Bells then Noblesse.:^_^
The Gamer was suggested by a friend of mine, it just reinforces the recommendation. I shall read immediately.
I know me well enough, I saw some pics from Girls of the Wild in the app and I was thinking of trying it. I'm gonna read as well.

The Breaker and TBNW I already read although I took a pause some months ago. Noblesse is on my list already given my curiosity regarding its popularity. Since it's long, I'm going to follow the order you suggested.
I have many things to read in my vacations. :D

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Please don't read the earlier chapters of Noblesse and The Gamer from the LINE site. The translations are very poor...so please read the earlier chapters from other sources.
Until where is it poor? Do you have any idea?

strixflash

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Until where is it poor? Do you have any idea?
Actually the quality is poor even now but slightly more readable compared to past chapters. Don't know about The Gamer as I no longer read it but for Noblesse you should read first 320 chapters on other site.

I would also suggest you to start with Noblesse first. It's slow (actually very slow at starting) but a good read. Of course afterwards there is a fall in quality but that applies to every series out there :)

---------- Post added November 22, 2014 at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was November 13, 2014 at 12:46 AM ----------

I think Winter Woods is a good read if you are looking for some good emotional drama. It's about Frankenstein-ish type boy who wants to have a heart.

prologue

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

LINE webtoons has started Webtoon Challenge contest few days ago :

http://www.webtoons.com/contest_en

In case you don't know LINE Webtoons is official english version of Naver comics. If you are looking for for a platform to publish your works I think this is the best chance...

Here are the entries so far:
http://www.webtoons.com/challenge

Please share this contest details with others on the forum...

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I followed some of the suggestions already and other I'm waiting until my vacations come. I also started reading some new series.

My Kitty and Old Dog is fun most of the time, but sometimes it makes you think very deep, so many feelings...
For the Sake of Sita is a new series that started this week, the first chapter looked interesting, I'm going to continue reading it.
Winter Woods is also a new series, it holds an incredible potential with a mix of drama and suspense, I'm looking foward to reading the next chapters.
The Stories of those around me is funny and refreshing, the love is everywhere... It resembles a shoujo, but not that cliche, the girls really date guys. :derp
Smile Brush I alrear completed and I'm reading the next season now. I'm enjoying more the new season, the stories are better.
Girls of the Wild's is my favorite so far, I read just some chapters, but it is very good. The girls are awesome and with different personalities and fight styles. It is good to see girls in the main stage when it comes to fights, it doesn't happen often. Looking forward to seeing some good fights.
The guy (if I have a bad memory to Japanese names, Korean names...) is a lucky bastard and I don't know what he is complaining. He is the only guy in the entire school! :nah
I understand his drama with his mother though. I read until chapter 5, so it should old for you guys. XD
Midnight Rhapsody is the first concluded series of mine. It has some good chapters, but others are too plain and the final was not conclusive... Well, it is slice of life anyway.

It's the summary so far. I'm just a young padawan right now, but I hope I can discuss here more often in the near future.

EMS

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone knows what happened to magician? Did it got cancel?

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Well it can drop dead or all i care now. After the author really messed it up. Its a pity i always thought I would read it especially after S2 with Enzu being all bada$$ and that.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Unofficial Edited Manga has stalled. And the Official scans on Line are going steadily but sadly are years behind catching up to the latest chapters.

The actual chapters are coming out steadily as you can see from Magicians the raw page on Naver.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
I just started reading my first manhwa ever, which is Girls of the Wild's. It took me sometime to get used to left-to-right reading, and especially the names (too long!), but I'm enjoying it a fair bit.
Any good recommendations? I'm mostly looking for romance, though it doesn't have to be super-happy-and-easy shoujo type, so, drama might be an element, as well.

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I just started reading my first manhwa ever, which is Girls of the Wild's. It took me sometime to get used to left-to-right reading, and especially the names (too long!), but I'm enjoying it a fair bit.
Any good recommendations? I'm mostly looking for romance, though it doesn't have to be super-happy-and-easy shoujo type, so, drama might be an element, as well.
Only 2 romance manhwa i read was Pink Lady and Orange Marmalade. Not sure if it will be your type though. Most of the webtoons are action based. Also i do like action based stuffs over romance so dont have much in my list.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
My automatic recommendation is the Gamer It's mainly comedy. With a bit of action and harem elements. I think you'd like it.

Hero Waltz is romance/drama and I thought it was good so that might be worth checking out.

It also might be worth your time to look through LINE Webtoon's genre selection . There is a pretty wide variety of series in there and they all have a community rating.

---------- Post added October 14, 2015 at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was October 05, 2015 at 02:46 PM ----------

The Mangahelper Community Awards are now up and running.

So hop on over and vote for community members you think are the funniest, best posters, biggest trolls, and much more.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The Mangahelpers Manga awards for 2015 are up and running and there is a Manhua and Manhwa Award. So hop on over and vote for your favorites.:^_^

Mazino

Reaction score
Country
Joker
is there a thread open for Wind Breaker and if not may i open one ?
rlly got into it, funny.. good action.. nice chars

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
There is not a thread and your more than welcome to make one.:^_^

Mazino

Reaction score
Country
Joker
There is not a thread and your more than welcome to make one.:^_^
ok thx for the reply...then i ll open one these days :)

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu

Hello! The preparations for the Winter Art Contest 2017 have started!
Check it out (by clicking on the banner) and join us^^

shinobi

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Do you guys know why is Black Haze not releasing any new chapters? It's been in hiatus for 3 months :(

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
The author of Black Haze, Yong, had her contract terminated by Foxtoon (the south korean webtoon publisher). Her, and other authors, were supposedly taking some sort of legal recourse against Foxtoon but I don't know the details that. Presumably they want to try and sue to get their series rights back. But I don't know that for sure.

So until and unless she gets that sorted out there probably won't be updates. Sorry.

shinobi

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
This doesn't sound good, sadly legal issues take long time to be resolved :( Thanks @Jammin

Actually, it's really strange that foxtoon would terminate the contracts of many authors, specially a popular series like Black Haze!! :oh

Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
This doesn't sound good, sadly legal issues take long time to be resolved :( Thanks @Jammin

Actually, it's really strange that foxtoon would terminate the contracts of many authors, specially a popular series like Black Haze!! :oh
Yeah, that's pretty odd. The information I got was from reddit which those people got from a blog post (which I can't read because...korean) by Yong.

I'm not sure I've ever seen something like that before. The only thing that may be optimistic about the situation is that the authors seem to believe they have legal recourse. Which suggest to me that Foxtoon did something wrong. Because if it were just a matter of Foxtoon having the rights to the various series they would have no hope of getting those back and they would have to know that. So, if South Korean law is anything like US law, the creators must believe Foxtoon was in breach contract or was guilty of wrongful termination or something like that.

That's my uninformed guess anyway.

shinobi

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Just what did these guys in Foxtoon do to cause all this!! I hope the authors get their series rights back, if they don't and with their contracts terminated right now they can't resume their works in Foxtoon or look for another publisher. This ordeal will take some time to settle.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
@Jammin I'm curious to know what you have been reading webtoon and Manhwa wise recently. Are there any series on Line you're reading? I may have a few suggestions.