Hangout MH Seinen Hangout

Onomatopoeia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
308
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Your favorite seinen (and why)

I don't care how many times this has been mentioned but Monster is my favorite Seinen of all time(and possible my favorite manga period) and I've got to recomend it to anyone who's even considering Seinen.

It's a psychological thriller/mysteryand As a mystery the plot is key, and trust me on this the plot is amazing it's got a few dozen twists and every revelation will leave you shocked. Not only that but the characters are splendidly made and thats true for more then the Main Characters, secondary characters are fleshed out wonderfully no matter how small their importance is. The art admittedly isn't the best but it goes for a realistic look which it does amazingly well. And...ah you know what screw it if you don't read Monster it's your fault and I pity you.

http://www.onemanga.com/Monster/

I don't want to reveal anything with the plot because pretty much revealing anything is a big spoiler.
 

Kitsame

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
14
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Serbia
Re: Recommendations - Suggest me... a Seinen!

Found a good one
Hitsuji no uta
 

GGpX

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2005
Messages
985
Reaction score
580
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Recommendations - Suggest me... a Seinen!

Ichi the Killer, aka Koroshiya Ichi

(Also, not so brutal or violent, but Saru Lock)
 

Revilenigma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
786
Reaction score
78
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Recommendations - Suggest me... a Seinen!

any of Jiro Matsumotos works
-Freesia
-Keep on Vibrating
-Tropical Citeon
-Uncivilized Planet
 

Kaiser Will

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2008
Messages
1,295
Reaction score
456
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Recommendations - Suggest me... a Seinen!

Well, I was playing around and find this forum, nice one MH!

But I'm here to suggest the readers of seinen a new manga: Change 123!

Here is the page of Change 123 on OneManga!

About the plot: Change 123 follows Motoko Gettou, a female martial artist. Orphaned at an early age, she was taken in by the "Three Fathers", a triumvirate of experts in all sorts of fighting skills. As a result of their rigorous training, she developed three distinct personalities, each individually skilled in the combat skills she learned. Now a high school girl, she is trying her best to lead a normal life.

For further information click here!

Hope you like it!
 
Last edited:

Revilenigma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
786
Reaction score
78
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Am I the only person who doesn't care for monster or any of Naoki Urasawa manga?
 

GGpX

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2005
Messages
985
Reaction score
580
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Probably.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Yeah, maybe Urasawa's works aren't for everyone, but in all honesty the guy is a remarkable manga-ka. Has a true penchant for Drama.
 

Revilenigma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
786
Reaction score
78
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I still think they're good but they just don't suck me in like Freesia, Gantz, Ichi the killer or homunculus does.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I actually got bored with monster. but 20CB is my favorite seinen ever. It was just so intense and creepy, and the textures in the story with all the characterizations- the little things that clicked to make it really explosive and phenomenal.
 

Revilenigma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
786
Reaction score
78
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I've only started reading 20cb, so far I think it's far superior over monster, but I find that mysterious "friend" guy kind of lame.
 

Rock-Bird

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2006
Messages
821
Reaction score
320
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I have read 20th CB, and must say i really liked it, you may even call it a masterpiece or a must read for seinen fans... However Monster, with which i had concerns beforehand, turned out to be even greater, at least for me. Actually its not easy to describe why that is, but i feel its more serious, with the better atmosphere...

Well, besides that let me suggest a bit of a different kind of seinen series, its Liar Game, which includes some really nice psychological plays... Of course if you're looking for somy wacky, hilarious manga, check out Aiki ;-)
 

Meromorphe

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 29, 2008
Messages
206
Reaction score
14
Gender
Hidden
Country
Venezuela
Has someone read Junketsu no Maria? It is by Masayuki Ishikawa the author of Moyashimon.
Moyashimon is very interesting, especially because of the characters. Most of the women have a strong personality and about the guys you don't pay attention a lot to them at first, but they have actually some resources.

I do not know what to expect from Junketsu for the future. I have read the first two scanlated chapters. It is completely different from Moyashimon and fun enough for me to keep reading.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
well mero, it seems like only raws are available. :s I'm familiar with moyashimon because I watched the anime. however I kinda dropped it. it felt kinda boring at the later parts...
 

Meromorphe

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 29, 2008
Messages
206
Reaction score
14
Gender
Hidden
Country
Venezuela
Check MU, there are at least the first two scans done by geisha-scans who did not announce it on MH.
Personally, since I decided not to learn how irc works, I read them on Mangafox some time ago.
I did not check recently if there is a scan for chapter 3.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Chapter 3 has never been translated. Shame, it's a very good series. I'd like to read more. Del Ray will release volume 1 in the States this September. Worst case scenerio I'll wait till then. But hey, if there's an interested translator out there I'll happily scanlate ^^
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Anyone of you guys ever read Until Death Do Us Part? It's pretty cool, but I haven't gotten past vol. 2. I'm reading it right now. any reviews? @_@
 

Revilenigma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
786
Reaction score
78
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I downloaded it but I haven't read it yet.
 

Samui

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2008
Messages
555
Reaction score
151
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Oniichan Control by Kagesaki Yuna

When does the next chapter is out? It's a monthly manga, right?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I read some of it iirc and it was cool, I just never got around to keep reading it. Plus the Edited Mangas sort of stalled and then some new group jumped ahead 30+ chapters to start to scanlate it which seemed odd to me.
 
Top