Hangout MH Seinen Hangout

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
ahem... so I uh, finally have time to get back to manga, and really, I'm looking for fresh seinen to read @_@
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
God Berserk got me hooked up with Seinen mangas once more. Downloading Palepoli as I write this *drool*

Let's hope it's brutal.
Nope, not at all. But Berserk got me hooked up on seinen again. I'm hoping that Palepoli will be brutal, not in the way of people slaughtering each other and tons of blood or something like that but more like brutal as in "I hope it'll be worth the download and blow my mind" since I've heard a lot of good things about the artwork.
Palepoli doesn't really qualify as manga. It really doesn't resemble comics as they are generally defined. It's not really brutal or bloody, there's no plot, no real connection from one page to the next, and has a structure closer to 4Koma than manga. Think of it as an art teacher's extended DXM trip.

Try Freesia if you really want something brutal. More power to you if you read Palepoli. It's a brilliant work. Furuya is becoming one of my favorite mangaka.

ahem... so I uh, finally have time to get back to manga, and really, I'm looking for fresh seinen to read @_@
I've been reading a lot of Kitoh recently. I reread Bokurano then read Hallucination from the Womb. If you haven't read the latter I'd recommend it. He explores a lot of the same themes as Bokurano but adds loli nudity >.>;
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
so it's just one volume? that sounds feasible, hehe.

I haven't read Bokurano, and from the looks of it it sounds a lot like Eva...
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
If you haven't read Bokurano I suggest starting there. Hallucination is better if your already a Kitoh fan. I'm one of the few freaks left who hasn't watched NGE so I'm not sure how similar they are. It's a really sad story, Kitoh doesn't make any concessions or sugar coat anything. There's a lot of subtext about accepting your life, confronting death and desire.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
well, i'll probably read it and comparing it to NGE is inevitable, I should think.

so I'll start with Hallucination, as not to taint my judgment. thanks.
 

Revilenigma

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
786
Reaction score
78
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I wonder who hates children more? Kitoh or Kazuo? lol
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Got to be Kitoh. What can top mercilessly slaughtering 15 troubled middle schoolers unless it's the passionless, disturbing sex in Hallucination. Surprisingly no children have been harmed in Owari, yet. I haven't read Narutaru yet but I assume the characters do not lead happy, fulfilling lives.
 

CBlitz

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 23, 2008
Messages
4,011
Reaction score
2,167
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Last edited:

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
here's a list of (mostly) seinen stuff, so check it out if you want some fresh stuff

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/3533/1269046671465.png
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2926/1258235371956.jpg
Great lists. I've either read or plan to read most of them.

I'm currently reading Akumetsu, it was done by the guy who's doing Wolf Guy, except its way better
Akumetsu is a bit better than Wolf Guy, but both are about equal in my opinion. Both are just alright. Not really a fan of the duo that does them :\
 

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
14,233
Reaction score
10,775
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
I would like to ask if anyone heard of kemono no souja, and if there is a translation available, or even raw
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I presume this is the series you are referring to. There are no translations. Not actually seinen, it is serialized in Shonen Sirius. I haven't seen raws, it's published by Kodansha so it won't be available here.
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I was excited when you posted that "Japan" was released, Kaiten. Because I thought it was scanlated. I've read about it for quite some time now over at ANN, and I was looking all over for it, but there were no Edited Mangas (or raws?) i could find.. :s


and I wonder if you guys read about this?
 
Last edited:

Sema

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2009
Messages
172
Reaction score
36
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Recently, I started reading a manga called Akagi. It has only been translated to chapter 37. I want to cntinue from there by watching the anime. Where should I start to continue where the manga left off.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I was excited when you posted that "Japan" was released, Kaiten. Because I thought it was scanlated. I've read about it for quite some time now over at ANN, and I was looking all over for it, but there were no Edited Mangas (or raws?) i could find.. :s


and I wonder if you guys read about this?



Not sure which series your referring to either. Sorry Babs. Link :3
Is this the one you mean? If it is, I'm really excited about finding it. I started it this afternoon. Someone at Manga Underground found it and posted a link. The Manga Editor doesn't host here or at manga updates apparently. The other two books he did look really good too.

A gag manga about Roman and Japanese baths? Awesome, I'd read it. I love the Manga Taisho awards, always the most interesting. I need to look through the runners up to see if any are scanlated. Other than Bakuman.
 
Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
xi0 and Kaiten, yep, Japan by 17 different authors.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I started reading a few days ago; it's extraordinary!

I have such a long reading list and keeps adding. Someone scanlated the first chapter of Digopuri the mangaka of Genshiken's latest series.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I started reading a few days ago; it's extraordinary!

I have such a long reading list and keeps adding. Someone scanlated the first chapter of Digopuri the mangaka of Genshiken's latest series.
what have you started reading: Japan? scanlated??? Link puhlease :wtf

I checked Digopuri out and I think it's cute. :)
 
Top