It came back in July, all of the new chapters have been scanlated too. It had been on hiatus for so long I would not have started it if it had not returned.
source: ANNThis year's 20th issue of Shueisha's Business Jump magazine is announcing on Wednesday that Shueisha will launch a new semi-monthly seinen manga magazine called Grand Jump in November. According to Shueisha, the magazine "for liberated adults." Shueisha will provide more details on the new magazine on October 5 in Business Jump magazine's combined 21st/22nd issue — the last issue of the magazine. Shueisha had announced in July that it would end both Business Jump and another semi-monthly seinen magazine called Super Jump, but would launch a new semi-monthly magazine this fall.
Grand Jump will continue the following manga from Business Jump:
The new magazine will also continue the following manga from Super Jump:
- Ore no Sora: Keiji-Hen by Hiroshi Motomiya
- Amai Seikatsu (under a new title) by Hikaru Yuzuki
- Uramiya Honpo Reboot by Showshow Kurihara
- Guy ~Ishoku Byōtō 24-ji~ by Tomoaki Katō, Jiro Ando
- Boku no Karada wa Two Outs by Yoshitani
- Mankitsu by Haruki
- Sekai ni Dai-jiman Shitai Nihon no Kaisha by Kōji Sakamoto, Kōji Koseki, Takayuki Hirasawa
- Yesterday o Utatte (Sing "Yesterday" for Me) by Kei Toume
- Dash Master by Naotsugu Matsueda
In addition to these continuing manga series, Grand Jump will have new manga series and projects.


Jump X is being advertised as a "pure manga magazine" not meant to appeal to a single age or gender. It definitely contains a mix of artists that would appeal to both genders but does seem to lean more towards series for adults. Though the artist of Gag Manga Biyori has a series in Jump X, maybe their are more series for teens and I just don't recognize them. The flagship is 87 Clockers, Tomoko Ninomiya follow up Nodame.Sounds like they're merging the two demographics more? Would fit the general trend to blurry the lines.
It's always hard to tell if no one is reading a series or no one is posting about in the seinen forums :/ If you want to start a thread you are welcome to, of course. I'm not sure if their are other fans but no harm in trying. I have been planning on reading but keep putting it off, personally.i wonder if there is anyone following higanjima in MH except me . its rare to get zero search results for a manga here : /
there is even a movie of it made in 2009
maybe its a well-known story in japan and the manga isnt where its originated from ?
its not the greatest work out there but i like it nonetheless . read it so that we can talk![]()

I'm leaning towards Otaku Shoten, with the other magazine threads. There are Shoten regulars who may be able to find lots of interesting supplemental information (demographics, circulation, and so forth) that would never see the thread over here. I have a lot of recent information on Shueisha magazines but none for the other publishers. A bit unsatisfying since I don't like Shueisha seinen that much.Would that be made in this section or the regular one for manga magazine?
It would be nice if the magazine list consists of not only the famous manga from them but all of them. And yes, it should be open so anyone can help make the list.
Thanks!
I love Afternoon as well as it's brothers, Morning and Evening. If I lived in Japan chances are I would buy Big Comic Spirits though. Since there are only six issues a year, I would also buy Manga Erotics F.My favorite Seinen magazine is Afternoon. If I lived in Japan, that would be the one I would buy.
you are welcome . i havent seen the movie yet but it looks identical to the manga , i'll watch it ASAPOh, sağol. Thanks for pointing the movie out. I'm reading this manga but have stalled it since months because I need to concentrate on finishing university.
But I will look into the movie. It seems to be good
Is your avatar from Kurozuka?
