Hangout MH Shounen Hangout

Bo Ashi

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2007
Messages
61
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I really wanna read Blust as well, even the raw would be enough, since im a big fan of Muratas artwork.

I've been looking around MH but can't seem to find it... anyone?
 
Last edited:

Kusachu

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
1,775
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Thanks a lot.
Do you recommand the manga or the anime?

I'll definitely see the anime at some point, but is it worth it to read the manga first or are they really similar?

Thanks again.
I started on One Piece a couple months ago and I've only made it chapter 260-ish!! It's so much WORK! I do like it however, and it does grab the interest. I haven't read anything that made me fall over laughing yet, but I am surprized by how much I enjoy Luffy, and have also fallen irrationally in love with Ace. :hearts

I also started watching the anime but I haven't been as successful with that. I'm only on ep 5 or so. It's just hard to get into the anime at the begining having already read all that stuff, and it's not particularly engaging until the Nami stuff comes to a head later on IMHO.
 

Meromorphe

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 29, 2008
Messages
206
Reaction score
14
Gender
Hidden
Country
Venezuela
I really wanna read Blust as well, even the raw would be enough, since im a big fan of Muratas artwork.

I've been looking around MH but can't seem to find it... anyone?
Here is the main page on MH with the different links to RAWS and Edited Mangas.

http://mangahelpers.com/m/blust


Today, I just read chapter 132 of Sayonara Zetzubou Sensei, whose title is Woman in the Golden Sand. After the translator's notes it is a reference to the book Woman in the Dunes by Kobo Abe.
This novel was a wonderful experience when I read it, so I highly recommend it. Words fail me to describe the inventivity and depth of this surreal fable.
Before beginning to read it, check a bit if it is your cup of tea though :darn
 
Last edited:

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
You may want to watch the movie as well :)

We had it on video tape a looong time ago, so I don't remember it well anymore but it was a very impressive piece of art. Got also some awards, if I recall correct.
 

ketorin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
463
Reaction score
137
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I just want to know if they are still going to make 666 Satan into an anime. That series was really good even though I seriously pissed about the ending. >__>
I would be really happy if they did make an anime of 666 Satan. The main reason why I want an anime is so they can change the ending, I just have to say that is the worst ending that I have ever read.
 

Kusachu

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 1, 2006
Messages
3,878
Reaction score
1,775
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I would be really happy if they did make an anime of 666 Satan. The main reason why I want an anime is so they can change the ending, I just have to say that is the worst ending that I have ever read.

Can't say I disagree with you on that. It's wasn't necessarily THE WORST EVER ending, but it should have and deserved to be so much better than what it was. Maybe it's because it seemed so rushed and unsatisfying. I could deal with it having the same sort of ending, but there seemed to be much more story that could have been told. It just hit the readers like a brick, knocked us out, and left us to wake up going, "What...the fuck just happened?!? You mean that's IT?!?" :confused
 

cleodux

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2006
Messages
180
Reaction score
18
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Can't say I disagree with you on that. It's wasn't necessarily THE WORST EVER ending, but it should have and deserved to be so much better than what it was. Maybe it's because it seemed so rushed and unsatisfying. I could deal with it having the same sort of ending, but there seemed to be much more story that could have been told. It just hit the readers like a brick, knocked us out, and left us to wake up going, "What...the fuck just happened?!? You mean that's IT?!?" :confused
IMHO 666 Satan had the worst ending ever.... in all shounen manga universe. Ever... it starts good with the o-parts... and then suddenly it is about Angel and Demon, and then time skip, although everyone grown up to be bishie and bishoujou, Jio and Ruby relationship seem rather forced. The part about how Jio got his name also seems rushed.. at that time i was... oh ok whatever....*skip*... and then it finished :D re-read the last few chapters again, i still got the same impressions. I like the Kujaku parts though.
 

sabret00the

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
1,736
Reaction score
216
Age
46
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I came across a Korean manga recently, it seems to be a mix of gag and action. It featured a boy who went to Korea to chase after a girl he was in love with who herself went to Korea to become a police woman. One thing leads to another and he becomes the head of a gang (yakuza style gang), they end up going toe-to-toe with some big dude and recruiting him, does anyone know what it's called?
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Can anyone remind me of the title of a manga I'm looking for? It was something about a game, and a roller coaster, and people falling off it.
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Thanks I don't know why I forgot to follo-oh. Two chapters.
...Right. Well on the bright side I'm caught up!
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
I came across a Korean manga recently, it seems to be a mix of gag and action. It featured a boy who went to Korea to chase after a girl he was in love with who herself went to Korea to become a police woman. One thing leads to another and he becomes the head of a gang (yakuza style gang), they end up going toe-to-toe with some big dude and recruiting him, does anyone know what it's called?
i know that i'm months later, but the manhwa's name is Sun-ken rock
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
TheMoa beat me to it, though I just found out about the manwha today (and by accident :D)!
 

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
2,091
Reaction score
939
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Hello all shounen readers Hamy here~

Dear members, we have the usage to feature certain shounen - the stickied threads you see. The purpose for this is to awaken an interest for these shounen series. We used to feature this by staff decision.

However, given the amount of new series - especially shounen - being released there are at times delays or blind spots of series being featured. After all there are only so much staff members to discover these new series to be featured.

In order to better improve the featured shounen selections we would like to ask for your help through suggestions from your side. Is there a shounen series you want to suggest? Give us the name and we'll check out what we can do.

It would be best if when suggesting a series to follow the format that you see on the first post of a featured torrent an example of which is:
http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1972982#post1972982
Basically, its a short synopsis of the series as well as your own impression to try and convince people to give the series a shot.

Thank you :)
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
@shounen readers: it would be really nice if you'd give response. We want to hear from you which manga should be featured. Is there a shounen thread that deserves a spotlight. Post it up here, we would very welcome.

Anyway, I featured the Kimi no iru machi thread/series. Now up to you
 

GOOMOONRYONG

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
1,563
Reaction score
454
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Anyone here ever read The Breaker? I just found it a couple of weeks ago and it is pretty damn good. Has to deal with martial arts and learning techniques, I happen to like it alot.
 

feisu-chan

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2009
Messages
250
Reaction score
110
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Hi! I'm trying to look for a Beelzebub thread here in MH, but can't find it - or am I not just looking hard enough? Is there a Be-el thread in the first place? If not, I'd like to request for one! hehe! It's a great humorous manga about juvenile delinquents and wet nurses and demon kids! I think there's a good fanbase for it, and it's interesting to have a forum where readers can discuss about it! THanks!

EDIT: forget it, I found it... But's still, it's good if Beel can also have its own sticky!
 
Last edited:

conn-man

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2007
Messages
1,729
Reaction score
359
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm really surprised that there weren't that many Halloween themed color spreads this year. Disappointed really.
 

THM Nindo

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
7,852
Reaction score
4,153
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Hi guys!
Sorry if this is the wrong thread... I usually don't post for this kind of request...

I'm going to be on vacation for 2 months starting January so I have the time to start a new manga/anime.

I need suggestion!!

I'm already reading/watching the following:

- Naruto
- One Piece
- Bleach
- Soul Eater
- Air Gear
- Berserk
- Claymore

And I've already watched:
- Full Metal Alchemist
- Code Geass
- Death Note
- Elfen Lied
- Eden : An endless world
------

I was thinking of going with a great Shounen-type manga...
From the list in the Shounen section... which should I choose?

- D.Gray Man
- Hitman Reborn
- Fairy Tale
- Psyren
- HunterXHunter


I also heard about Veritas being great....
And I was wondering if anyone had read Vinland Saga...

I'm looking for something that would fit with what I love (see the list I read), but that wouldn't be too much of the same thing again...

Thanks a lot guys!!

PS: By the way, I recommand any of those manga/anime I listed above!
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
I'd say Psyren of course since it starts very good. Reborn has 8 volumes of daily life stuff.

Yes, Vinland saga is very good. It's a seinen with very nice art, a very great (historical) story, etc
 
Top