Final Match Mikasa Ackerman vs Holo

Who is the ultimate Waifu?

  • Mikasa Ackerman

  • Holo


The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,857
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Deity or not, her true form is that of an animal.
Factually incorrect. Her true form is that of a goddess of the harvest.

She has both human and wolf forms. She can transform at will between them. As illustrated by the fact that she becomes a mother with human children. Her human form is 100% human aside from an adorable tail and wolf ears. But I don't expect facts to disuade you from your racisim.

So instead I will distract you with something in your strike zone...


18+ and currently available on Steam​
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Factually incorrect. Her true form is that of a goddess of the harvest.

She has both human and wolf forms. She can transform at will between them. As illustrated by the fact that she becomes a mother with human children. Her human form is 100% human aside from an adorable tail and wolf ears. But I don't expect facts to disuade you from your racisim.

So instead I will distract you with something in your strike zone...


18+ and currently available on Steam​
Oh boy, that's in Battou's taste? And he says something bad about Holo? :XD
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,857
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh boy, that's in Battou's taste? And he says something bad about Holo? :XD
To be fair, it's a steam bestseller so it's in a lot of people's strike zones.:amuse
 

Battou

⎲⎳
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 11, 2015
Messages
2,501
Reaction score
8,347
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
But I don't expect facts to disuade you from your racisim.
How is that racism, i dont have anything against characters with animal ears.

https://myanimelist.net/character/7373/Holo
Here it says that her true form is that of a wolf, and she chose the form of a girl younger than lawrence, so yes, while she has both forms, her original one, is a wolf.
Her human form is 100% human aside from an adorable tail and wolf ears.
Then it isn't 100% is it?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,646
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
To be fair, it's a steam bestseller so it's in a lot of people's strike zones.:amuse
I know that, but I meant it's weird how he basically likes chocolate cookies but not chocolate, not the best comparison but the first one I could come up with.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,857
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Then it isn't 100% is it?
All the human parts are there. Plus, a tail and ears. That makes her 100% plus an additional 30% adorable. Making her 130% cuteness.

As opposed to Mikasa who is 80% abs 19% woman and 1% personality.

Holo is better. It's simple math.:teach
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,690
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Personally I think you guys cons on Mikasa are quite shallow and Bel has been trying to show it over and over, but it reaches a point that leads me to question your opinions on Holo as well and wonder if it's not as stretched as the Mikasa one is. I believe I wouldn't have a different position in the fight if I knew both, and while I don't, I know for sure I'd have a great life partner in someone with Mikasa's features.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,246
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
It is a bit funny to read this from you considering you nominated water. I am not saying that she is hated, but that favoring Mikasa over her because of her animal features is a shame.
That's magic. It's not like I'm referring to Holo's wolf form. (and we're mostly water too xD).

If the nominator were to say "post-canine surgery Holo" I would select her over Mikasa.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,315
Reaction score
24,935
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I saw a few episodes of wolf and spice but holo straight robbed a guy
Don't confuse disapproval of Holo as a waifu with hate. Doubt anyone dislikes Holo. Marrying her is a different issue. The ears and tail are obviously a problem for some people and it's completely reasonable imo. We know the difference between man and beast, and we don't lie with them. So that's why it's hard to shut out the wolf features for some. Others are completely fine with it
Indeed. And to build on that, it is practically impossible to hate holo. In the same way it is practically impossible to hate a doggie.... Not marrying a dog doesn't mean you hate them. It's just that bestiality is not cool.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,410
Gender
Male
Country
France
There are:
  1. Members who bash Holo
  2. Members who bash Mikasa
  3. Members who know both and say why they prefer Holo


But I have yet to see a post of a member who know both and voted for Mikasa. Why?

Most of Mikasa's supporters are supporting her by defending her character from the 2nd type.

She might become a good wife, but is she more wife material than Holo? I don't think so. The fact that those who know both well all chose Holo so far says a lot IMO.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,690
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Members who know both and say why they prefer Holo
If indeed there isn't a single member that knows both and prefers Mikasa over Holo, than yeah, I'll have to agree with you in all the rest of your point.
But can't help but point out that we have the salty Mikasa haters campaigning for Holo as well and that's not necessary 'cause they prefer her over Mikasa (after the salt bias, it would be even hard to tell) and there's the ones with double standards about age that went quiet and now are using a similar argument on Battou '-'" Double double standards.
 

Lambu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2016
Messages
1,618
Reaction score
14,395
Age
29
Country
Spain
God, that scene... I was thinking "Run for it Eren! she's about to rape you!!" :gwah

Nah, actually all this comparisons of Holo to an animal were already discussed in the previous rounds, these people are grasping at straws. It cannot be said clearer: Holo is superior to Mikasa in everything save devotion, and she's quite devoted aswell. :noworry
I already said that I understand there's people who dislike those features, but comparing Holo to a "simple" animal... no, just no.

Personally I think you guys cons on Mikasa are quite shallow and Bel has been trying to show it over and over, but it reaches a point that leads me to question your opinions on Holo as well and wonder if it's not as stretched as the Mikasa one is. I believe I wouldn't have a different position in the fight if I knew both, and while I don't, I know for sure I'd have a great life partner in someone with Mikasa's features.
Its not about being shallow, its that Mikasa's attractive traits (lets put aside the physic for a moment) are only centered in her devotion, nothing else.
Of course she could be someone you could rely on but the vast majority of waifus would be like that. Mikasa's world revolves around Eren... and consequently she is but a part of him... that cannot truly live without him, dependance is a bad trait that I really dislike in her character because it made her freeze, just saying, Mikasa's character development came to an end when Eren came back from the dead at the very beggining of the series. :notrust

And I still think she's good, no misunderstandings, but there's simply better girls than her. She would protect you? Well Holo could do the same. She would ferociously love you? I dont doubt it but Holo would love you and wish the best for you too. And in everything else Holo outmatches Mikasa, there's no more to it.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,708
Reaction score
61,410
Gender
Male
Country
France
If indeed there isn't a single member that knows both and prefers Mikasa over Holo, than yeah, I'll have to agree with you in all the rest of your point.
But can't help but point out that we have the salty Mikasa haters campaigning for Holo as well and that's not necessary 'cause they prefer her over Mikasa (after the salt bias, it would be even hard to tell) and there's the ones with double standards about age that went quiet and now are using a similar argument on Battou '-'" Double double standards.
Well, I mentioned them too.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,690
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Its not about being shallow, its that Mikasa's attractive traits (lets put aside the physic for a moment) are only centered in her devotion, nothing else.
I fully disagree here and would pin point some previous posts with things that were alrdy said on that matter but I'm at work and won't go back to do this digging now .-. I'll come back on that later tho with it.
 

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,149
Reaction score
12,486
Age
31
Gender
Female
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
It's not about being shallow, its that Mikasa's attractive traits (lets put aside the physic for a moment) are only centered in her devotion, nothing else.
Of course she could be someone you could rely on but the vast majority of waifus would be like that.
See that's where you conveniently close your eyes. Just because something is your best quality doesn't make it your only quality. Mikasa's qualities have been listed several times throughout this entire competition and in this particular thread as well. But just because a few people decide to bold the word "devotion" suddenly that's all she has going for her? :nah

And it's ironic saying "the vast majority of waifus would be like that" in regards to Mikasa when it's Holo who's actually like all the other waifus. She's "fun" and "laughs a lot" "friendly" etc. isn't that the whole gist of the anti Mikasa campaign? That she's not any of those things? That she has no personality?

Some guys like the basic housewife type (stays home and cooks, cleans etc). Some like the adventurous type. Some like the devoted type. So saying you haven't seen what would make Mikasa a great waifu is a matter of preference, I accept that. Acting like Mikasa has no waifu traits just because it's something you personally don't like is another story altogether.

@Lambu im not attacking you. This was for the thread in general :XD
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,107
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
The only real argument I have here is that people judge Mikasa as a cover (which says EREN, I admit), instead of the book itself, which Belserion has remarked several times already. The character has plenty of personality, it's almost laughable how much people are diminishing it

Meanwhile, the most we've heard of Holo is that she always knows what to say or that "she has a fluffy tail" which is, well, hollow, lol. Also, internet memes have taught me not to trust fluffy tails.

Unless we are talking about a different type of personality, but both characters are lacking in that "department". FT characters would had steamrolled then :lmao

So far, from what I've read, Holo is like a catchy song in the radio, whereas Mikasa is that deeper nicer song that lasts for ages instead '-'

Maybe this impression is not the character's fault, but the writing in each material. Then again, it could be people just doing a terrible job at promoting Holo, who she is and what makes her special -like Samuel just posting nsfw pictures in the other threads. If she's basically just a cute know-it-all nice dog but with boobs I really don't see the appeal.

Edit: had linked the wrong song, wrong tab lol.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top