Conditional - Mirajane vs Ajeel | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Conditional Mirajane vs Ajeel

Who wins?

• Ajeel

Votes: 43 56.6%
  • Mirajane

Votes: 33 43.4%

• Total voters

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Mira would have to catch Ajeel off-guard in order to put a scratch on him, let alone defeat him, & since that's a nigh-impossible task for her; she's doomed.

Ajeel is faster, stronger, more destructive, a greater tank, more tricky to deal with & he has superior stamina as well as mana. Even with the stipulation heavily favouring Mira, she simply can't win. Ajeel is literately at least a tier or 2 above her.
How is Ajeel faster than Mirajane? The difference (if there is any) is so small that it wouldn't matter. Ajeel literally has no speed feats. When was the last time he blitzed someone? Anybody who uses this as an argument would be forced to believe that Natsu would also lose against Ajeel as he also has no speed feats...

What makes Ajeel stronger than Mirajane? Better yet, what attacks does he have that would take her down? Keep in mind all his disadvantages against Mirajane in this fight.

I fail to see how Ajeel is more destructive. Sure, he has more AoE than Mirajane but there is no DC involved whereas it is the opposite with her.

The part I really don't understand here is the fact that he is a greater tank. Based on what evidence from the manga are you referencing?

It seems like you're putting together a sentence without any actual meaning to the words.

Last edited:

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
This should be a tough matchup. First of all we can't know how strong Heine and Juliet were because they were not compared to other characters, thus we cannot know the extent of Alegria Mira's power. We know for a fact that Alegria Mira is so vastly superior to these two that she can oneshot them. Are these 2 combined too far off spriggan level? How far is Mira from that level?

I think Ajeel being one of the lowest end spriggans, unlimited Alegria Mira might have a chance but again, it's hard to compare Alegria to a Spriggan since she's pretty featless.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Dunno why Mira is getting soo much credit for stomping Heine and Juliet like they were even really strong lol. Henie and Juliet weren't even the strongest lackeys, Marin is.

Last edited:

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dunno why Mira is getting soo much credit for stomping Heine and Juliet like they were even really strong lol. Henie and Juliet weren't even the strongest lackeys, Marin is.
You mean the guy who got taken out by Cana and Lucy (without them even trying)?

That fool is a fodder without his hax magic. Are you going to say he is still the strongest now?

If we're only talking about legitimate feats, Juliet + Hynhe outclasses the others by a large margin. Add in some hype and Marin will stand no chance against Eileen's subordinates. She even thought they would be of good use against Crime Sorcière (Oración Seis).

Last edited:

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
You mean the guy who got taken out by Cana and Lucy (without them even trying)?

That fool is a fodder without his hax magic. Are you going to say he is still the strongest now?

If we're only talking about legitimate feats, Juliet + Hynhe outclasses the others by a large margin. Add in some hype and Marin will stand no chance against Eileen's subordinates. She even thought they would be of good use against Crime Sorcière (Oración Seis).

:lmao :lmao

Don't bring up Cana and Lucy taking him out when it was done off panel and Micy can negate his ability. Marin in his introduction was toying with Natsu and Gray. Saying he's isn't much without his hax is irrelevant because I'm not trying to prove he's the strongest without it.

Sending them in was just re assurance, heck they'd probably get the floor wiped with them by Current Cobra and Mdnight. They aren't beating Marin.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
:lmao :lmao

Don't bring up Cana and Lucy taking him out when it was done off panel and Micy can negate his ability. Marin in his introduction was toying with Natsu and Gray. Saying he's isn't much without his hax is irrelevant because I'm not trying to prove he's the strongest without it.

Sending them in was just re assurance, heck they'd probably get the floor wiped with them by Current Cobra and Mdnight. They aren't beating Marin.
One thing for sure is that Lucy did not negate his spatial magic in the cell. If she did, Marin wouldn't have been tricked for the second time during Jacob's fight.

But if you're trying to prove he is the strongest with hax magic... Then by that logic, you would be willing to say that Dimaria and Jacob are the strongest Spriggans, right? I mean there can't be any double standards here. If you use this as your argument that Marin > Juliet + Hynhe, then you would also have to agree with Dimaria + Jacob > August + Eileen. And that is just absurd in my opinion.

As for Marin's encounter with Gray and Natsu, it is true he was toying with them but they weren't going all out either. The reason why they were overwhelmed was because Erza and Lucy were captured. They were afraid that beating him would result in the loss of their friends. That much should be obvious. Not only has Natsu already beaten a Spriggan, Marin's stats doesn't improve when he teleports people to his "dimension". So if Gray and Natsu were to truly get serious with him, he wouldn't even last a few seconds. In a sense, it was all hype just like Jacob. In neither one of the scenarios could it be proven that their magic abilities were as "deadly" as they made it out to be.

Anyways, this isn't really "on-topic", so you can have the last word. I just don't see how you think Ajeel would win despite giving Mirajane the upper hand according to your conditions. Unless you think she is that much weaker than him... I disagree.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
One thing for sure is that Lucy did not negate his spatial magic in the cell. If she did, Marin wouldn't have been tricked for the second time during Jacob's fight.

But if you're trying to prove he is the strongest with hax magic... Then by that logic, you would be willing to say that Dimaria and Jacob are the strongest Spriggans, right? I mean there can't be any double standards here. If you use this as your argument that Marin > Juliet + Hynhe, then you would also have to agree with Dimaria + Jacob > August + Eileen. And that is just absurd in my opinion.

As for Marin's encounter with Gray and Natsu, it is true he was toying with them but they weren't going all out either. The reason why they were overwhelmed was because Erza and Lucy were captured. They were afraid that beating him would result in the loss of their friends. That much should be obvious. Not only has Natsu already beaten a Spriggan, Marin's stats doesn't improve when he teleports people to his "dimension". So if Gray and Natsu were to truly get serious with him, he wouldn't even last a few seconds. In a sense, it was all hype just like Jacob. In neither one of the scenarios could it be proven that their magic abilities were as "deadly" as they made it out to be.

Anyways, this isn't really "on-topic", so you can have the last word. I just don't see how you think Ajeel would win despite giving Mirajane the upper hand according to your conditions. Unless you think she is that much weaker than him... I disagree.
You can't say for sure that Marin's spatial magic was negated, nor was Marin tricked? Do you even know what tricked is? Jacob was tricked not Marin, all Marin did was get released from transport.

Dimaria and Jacob are below multiple Spirggans via statements. Unless Juliet and Hyne were stated to be above Marin your little rant means absolutely nothing.

So neither party was going all out? That still proves my point, Marin was casually kicking about Gray and Natsu which is far better than anything Juliet and Hynhe have done. While let me reinforce that the most impressive things those two have done is beat Jet and Droy and take one hit from Mira in her weakest form. As for Natsu and Gray holding back because they weren't sure what would have happened to Lucy and Erza that's bullshit. Neither of them stated or implied they were holding back because of that. Marin stats doesn't improve to when he teleports people? LOL who even implied this was the case or are you just make up stuff for the sake of it? Neither party was truly serious and it's still above anything the duo has done.

If you were just going to say this isn't on topic and stop after one or two posts don't even quote me. Mira is that much weaker than Ajeel yes, again her best feat is one shotting two people who are weaker than Marin.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
You can't say for sure that Marin's spatial magic was negated, nor was Marin tricked? Do you even know what tricked is? Jacob was tricked not Marin, all Marin did was get released from transport.
I did say that you can have the last word (which I assure that you will have it after this), but there is a confusion that needs to be cleared up. When I say Marin was tricked, I'm not talking about Lucy using Space Commandment. That was indeed Jacob who was tricked. I'm talking about Marin being surprised to see a clone of himself. Refer to the bottom-left panel.

So if Lucy already used Gemini to copy Marin prior to this incident, this sort of thing wouldn't have happened. In other words, Marin would be aware that Lucy can make a clone out of him and he would have known about Space Commandment to begin with (assuming you stick to your words that there is no way Lucy + Cana can win if Marin was able to use his magic).

If you were just going to say this isn't on topic and stop after one or two posts don't even quote me. Mira is that much weaker than Ajeel yes, again her best feat is one shotting two people who are weaker than Marin.
Look, if I knew this debate was going to become off-topic, I wouldn't have started this to begin with. The thing is, I didn't know it was going to come to this.

One thing I've noticed when reading all the posts is that some users will post after mine and discuss/counter the points I make without directly quoting me. I don't know why but it is what it is. That is basically the only reason why I tend to quote a lot of people. I don't really see much a problem when someone is quoted as it is just a way of trying to understand their viewpoint by having a mature argument. But because you seem to dislike it so much, I will try to refrain from quoting you (unless it is absolutely ridiculous).

Last edited:

Synn

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Ajeel should win.

Mirajane has no counter to Sand World and while she would definitely put up a good fight, Ajeel's has range and can move freely in the storm. Mirajane's Alegria doesn't really have feats to give her the edge in this particular scenario, so I hardly see her coming out on top.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ajeel should win.

Mirajane has no counter to Sand World and while she would definitely put up a good fight, Ajeel's has range and can move freely in the storm. Mirajane's Alegria doesn't really have feats to give her the edge in this particular scenario, so I hardly see her coming out on top.
Mirajane has more of a counter to Sand World than Erza who gave Ajeel a very high difficulty fight. Similarly, Erza has no AoE whatsoever, yet she was still able to handle Ajeel. So Mirajane should be able to do the same or better, given that she has more ranged attacks.

Ajeel moving freely in his sandstorm wouldn't really matter here because someone like Erza who is inferior to Mirajane in speed (because Mirajane can fly), was still able to land hits on Ajeel.

As for Mirajane's Alegria Soul, one of it's feats that clearly outclasses Erza is that she was able to affect her surroundings with just her MP alone. I'm not saying Erza is weaker than Mirajane (because I don't believe that), but Mirajane is definitely being underestimated here.

I don't know what difficulty you place Erza's fight with Ajeel at, but Mirajane really shouldn't be too far from her (if at all). I will acknowledge, however, that you're one of the few who says Mirajane would put up a good fight.

Last edited:

Synn

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Mirajane has more of a counter to Sand World than Erza who gave Ajeel a very high difficulty fight. Similarly, Erza has no AoE whatsoever, yet she was still able to handle Ajeel. So Mirajane should be able to do the same, given that she has more ranged attacks.
What's Mira's counter, exactly? Erza had her Neptune sword and her ability to blow sand away, but Mira? She was only able to dry up a nearby lake and, as far as I recall, there is no moisture in sand, so that would be useless. Even if she has more ranged attacks, how is she going to hit Ajeel in sand world, when she can't see him?

Ajeel moving freely in his sandstorm wouldn't really matter here because someone like Erza who is inferior to Mirajane in speed (because Mirajane can fly), was still able to land hits on Ajeel.
I don't think Erza is slower than Mirajane at all; is there any evidence from the manga to support this claim? Please, provide evidence to back up your claims. And yes, Erza hit him before he entered Sand World, or when she was able to disperse the sand momentarily. In a full sandstorm, that is very different, so Mirajane is doing any better than Erza.

As for Mirajane's Alegria Soul, one of it's feats that clearly outclasses Erza is that she was able to affect her surroundings with just her MP alone. I'm not saying Erza is weaker than Mirajane (because I don't believe that), but Mirajane is definitely being underestimated here.
How does it outclass Erza's feats of being able to dispel magic itself? Clearly, you are extremely biased. And like I said above, there is no moisture in sand, so her MP or said "feat that clearly outclasses Erza" will not help her at all.

And no, I'm not underestimating Mira. She's definitely one of my favorite characters, but saying she could possibly defeat a Spriggan when she only defeated two subordinates? I mean, she had to use Alegria just to defeat mere soldiers. While that is certainly a huge power-up for Mirajane, it just shows the limitations of her power. She isn't on Erza's level yet, so she cannot possibly defeat a Spriggan, when Erza could not.

I don't know what difficulty you place Erza's fight with Ajeel at, but Mirajane really shouldn't be too far from her (if at all). I will acknowledge, however, that you're one of the few who says Mirajane would put up a good fight.
Erza's fight was extreme difficulty; the fact that she almost lost her life proves just that. But, like I said, I don't see Mirajane replicate something like that, when she hasn't shown any counter to Ajeel's strongest spell...

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
What's Mira's counter, exactly? Erza had her Neptune sword and her ability to blow sand away, but Mira? She was only able to dry up a nearby lake and, as far as I recall, there is no moisture in sand, so that would be useless. Even if she has more ranged attacks, how is she going to hit Ajeel in sand world, when she can't see him?
Her nukes can disperse sand with much less difficulty than Erza using her sword. Let's be honest here, when there is an explosion, everything including rocks and debris scatter. Mirajane can use this to her advantage by nuking the area around her which is how she will be able to reveal Ajeel's location.

I don't think Erza is slower than Mirajane at all; is there any evidence from the manga to support this claim? Please, provide evidence to back up your claims. And yes, Erza hit him before he entered Sand World, or when she was able to disperse the sand momentarily. In a full sandstorm, that is very different, so Mirajane is doing any better than Erza.
Well if you want feats, that will be hard to find considering Mirajane and Erza have rarely fought the same opponent. So it won't be easy to gauge their speed. Plus, Erza also has many more feats than Mirajane. The only scenario I can come up with is that Mirajane can keep up with Etherious Seilah who is faster than Etherious Kyōka. And Erza surely had a hard time against her.

Anyways, I think it should be obvious that flying is faster than foot. That is why Team Natsu always relies on Happy to carry them long distances. That is why Acnologia can blitz Gildarts without him even having a chance to react. Besides, do you really think Erza could catch Freed when he was flying? Mirajane did.

How does it outclass Erza's feats of being able to dispel magic itself? Clearly, you are extremely biased. And like I said above, there is no moisture in sand, so her MP or said "feat that clearly outclasses Erza" will not help her at all.

And no, I'm not underestimating Mira. She's definitely one of my favorite characters, but saying she could possibly defeat a Spriggan when she only defeated two subordinates? I mean, she had to use Alegria just to defeat mere soldiers. While that is certainly a huge power-up for Mirajane, it just shows the limitations of her power. She isn't on Erza's level yet, so she cannot possibly defeat a Spriggan, when Erza could not.
Erza dispelling magic is a moot point because she didn't even need to use it against Ajeel. So because we're talking about Ajeel here, Mirajane wouldn't need to outclass Erza in dispelling magic. Her MP was able to push the water aside (you can clearly see somewhat of a trough), so I would say it can push sand to. But even if you disagree with this logic, you can't dispute that Mirajane still has her nukes.

There is a major flaw with the argument that Mirajane is not Spriggan level because she only defeated Eileen's subordinates. I don't know why many people use this as some sort of basis to prove Mirajane is not capable of handling Ajeel. First of all, Mirajane defeated Juilet + Hynhe fairly easy after using Alegria Soul. Not so much with Erza against Ajeel. Secondly of all, Mirajane has this power for an unlimited amount of time according to the conditions. Something Erza didn't get with her Nakagami Armor in her fight. Now if this isn't downplaying Mirajane, I don't know what is.

Let me give you similar analogy. Natsu used a base punch to hit Ikusa-Tsunagi, yet there was no effect. The he used an FDK spell to ultimately defeat Ikusa-Tsunagi. Would that be evidence to go against him when comparing him to a Spriggan? No. Why? Because he performed that feat with ease.

If Mirajane defeated Juliet + Hynhe with extreme difficulty, then I would agree with everyone's arguments. But it seems like we're just assuming that whoever beats a weaker opponent is automatically weaker than someone who beats a stronger opponent (without even considering the difficulty of the fights).

Erza's fight was extreme difficulty; the fact that she almost lost her life proves just that. But, like I said, I don't see Mirajane replicate something like that, when she hasn't shown any counter to Ajeel's strongest spell...
Mirajane is not going to be a poor match-up against Ajeel like Erza was, so why can't she replicate Erza's feats? What is Ajeel's strongest spell? Sand World? I already said how she can counter that. She can even counter Sands of Death, Ant Lion's Pit, and Sand Golem as they are all ground based.

Last edited:

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
I did say that you can have the last word (which I assure that you will have it after this), but there is a confusion that needs to be cleared up. When I say Marin was tricked, I'm not talking about Lucy using Space Commandment. That was indeed Jacob who was tricked. I'm talking about Marin being surprised to see a clone of himself. Refer to the bottom-left panel.

That indeed is not getting tricked at all that is being surprised.

So if Lucy already used Gemini to copy Marin prior to this incident, this sort of thing wouldn't have happened. In other words, Marin would be aware that Lucy can make a clone out of him and he would have known about Space Commandment to begin with (assuming you stick to your words that there is no way Lucy + Cana can win if Marin was able to use his magic).
When on earth did I say that Lucy and Cana together couldn't beat Marin if he was able to use his magic? You need to stop making shit up.

Look, if I knew this debate was going to become off-topic, I wouldn't have started this to begin with. The thing is, I didn't know it was going to come to this.
I started comparing Irene lackey to Marin and the topic never changed. If you knew this was getting off-topic you would have known in the first post.

One thing I've noticed when reading all the posts is that some users will post after mine and discuss/counter the points I make without directly quoting me. I don't know why but it is what it is. That is basically the only reason why I tend to quote a lot of people. I don't really see much a problem when someone is quoted as it is just a way of trying to understand their viewpoint by having a mature argument. But because you seem to dislike it so much, I will try to refrain from quoting you (unless it is absolutely ridiculous).
Half of the time when I do that is because I'm on my phone I'm not going to quote someone when I'm on my phone. I don't dislike if you quote me but don't quote me and leave after two posts, I never said anything about disliking it you just seem hurt.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ajeel mid-diff. He would of mid-diff'd Erza too if Natsu ain't distract him by punching Bakel through the ship or if Bisca ain't come and save Erza. Mira is S-class and super strong so mid-diff is fair against a 12 who is power based

Kouichi

Reaction score
Country
Estonia
Not my two favorite characters.

Ajeel takes this, leaning mid diff. Let's be realistic here, Alegria is pretty featless. We don't know if it can take out a spriggan or what. In the other hand, Ajeel's durability aint that shitty tho.

IF Mira can access Etherious Mard (and proven that it is stronger than Etherious Mard on Tartaros.) Sure. Maybe....mid to high diff for Mirajane. But since Mira didn't took over Mard's soul, well. Ajeel takes this.

**Silver**

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Ajeels wins Medium-difficulty

Sevently

Reaction score
Country
France
Ajeel mid-diff Mirajane from Alvarez Arc
Ajeel high-diff Mirajane from 100YQ

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ajeel has been going up in the ranks with recent feats, but Mira has as well. She got that sea vape feat with her magic flex and that radius was as big or bigger than SW. Will make a solid conclusion after the Gray fight.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ajeel has been going up in the ranks with recent feats, but Mira has as well. She got that sea vape feat with her magic flex and that radius was as big or bigger than SW. Will make a solid conclusion after the Gray fight.
What feats? Being cocky then getting his ass kicked?

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
What feats? Being cocky then getting his ass kicked?
He didn't get his ass kicked as he provided a high diff battle in a 2v1 and the guy he faced was immune to his attacks. Same guy can also hit harder than Demo-fist. Ajeel is far stronger than you guys give him credit.