Shounen - Mix by Adachi Mitsuru | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Mix by Adachi Mitsuru

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Mix
By: Adachi Mitsuru
Genre: Coming of Age, School Life, Baseball
Serialized In: Gessan
Publisher: Shueisha

Taking place 26 years after the events of Touch, Adachi returns to Meisei Gakuen with his latest baseball manga, Mix. Again the story of two brothers, but very different than Tatchan and Kachan. Tachibana Souichiro is the star second year catcher for Meisei Middle School's baseball, Touma is the third baseman with the golden arm. The pair is joined by sister Otomi, now a middle school first year. With an apathetic coach and unmotivated ace, how will the brothers handle the remainder of their middle school life, and what awaits them in high school?

New from Mitsuru Adachi, the official follow up to his manga classics Touch, H2, and Cross Game.

This Manga is a Monthly series.

Last edited by a moderator:

gananime

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Re: [New] Mix by Adachi Mitsuru

So Mix is a sequel to Touch? I haven't read Touch, so by reading the first chapter, do you think that it may have references to Touch?

shukketsumaru

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

From what I understand it merely inhabits the same universe, and school, as Touch. I predict whether you've read Touch or not won't make a difference. On a different note, is Adachi still doing Q & A or did he end that to start this?

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

I don't care what Shogakukan says, Mix is not really a sequel to Touch. Both take place in the same school, both are about brothers. That is the only direct connection. Adachi loves to make reference to his older manga, along with breaking the fourth wall and corny jokes, it's one of the trademarks of his style. None of the references are essential to the plot, they are fun Easter Eggs for dedicated fans. Reading his older manga is not essential for understanding Mix. Touch, H2, and Cross Game are classic manga, I highly recommend reading them. Read Mix first, it's only two chapters long, you can catch up in thirty minutes and move on to one of the predecessors.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 PM ----------

From what I understand it merely inhabits the same universe, and school, as Touch. I predict whether you've read Touch or not won't make a difference. On a different note, is Adachi still doing Q & A or did he end that to start this?
Q and A ended after six volumes.

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Are there any Edited Mangas around already?

shukketsumaru

Reaction score
Country
United States

If scans are too much to ask, how about a link to some raws.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

staff are not allowed to link to Edited Mangas or raws (owners request) but I will go out on a limb and drop a huge fucking hint:

BATOTO

if that does not make sense lrn2google

shukketsumaru

Reaction score
Country
United States

Okay, when Adachi spends an entire page talking about how it takes too long to cross a street I become filled with dread. Why? Because I've read Touch.

Last edited:

MattC302

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

I just started reading this and I like it so far. I wonder if a romance element will be added? A step sibling romance between Touma and Otomi? And
was that Tatsuya's uniform they found in chapter 3? If so, what relation does he have to them?

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Okay, when Adachi spends an entire page talking about how it takes too long to cross a street I become filled with dread. Why? Because I've read Touch.
Hahaha, my thoughts exactly. I got a really bad feeling in my guts when I read it.

Anyhow,so far I like it and I surely hope that he won't abondon it just like he did with Idol A.

Hamy

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

staff are not allowed to link to Edited Mangas or raws (owners request) but I will go out on a limb and drop a huge fucking hint:

BATOTO

if that does not make sense lrn2google
Though a bit late I just want to point out that the hyperlinks to mangaupdates should make your job of finding Edited Mangas infinitesimally easier - with notes on when the last update was along with who is Editing it. Next time please check the mangaupdate link.

Ikari

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
What irregular scans? It's monthly, I keep track when the magazine is out and raws appear shortly after, I also know the scanslators and they usually have it done in under a week.

rajin

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
British Virgin Islands
i read the so called scans and found them terrible . not cleaned or level and ofcourse many typo errors . TOUCH , a wonderful series and i am kind of ADACHI MITSURU admiror. story has just started and its already number 2 in japan weekly manga ratings .

Ikari

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
First of all, I know there might be a language barrier, but you come across as a rude arse, try to apply the same standards for grammar to your own posts that you hold for scanslators.

The guys doing this are new but Adachi fans just like you, don't really know what you're trying to achieve bashing them here and on jcafe24 as well, their scans are by far not the worst I've read and they do have a comment section, you might get results if you tried posting it there and keep this thread in good spirits for the rest us.

Ikari

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
Chapter 8 is now scanslated (and yes I already told 'em to merge the darn page next time :( ). I'll probably read it after I'm done with Cross Game, I find reading two of Adachi's works at the same time can be confusing!

shukketsumaru

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welp, now that the nepotism story arc has ended most anti-climactically, we can move on to more interesting things, like the mysterious jersey.

Ikari

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
Just a notice, chapter 13 has been translated and is now being edited, hopefully this weekend I guess.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
the chapters have been coming out pretty regularly now.

have you guys read the latest chapter 25>>>???

Truthfully I thought that the story was getting nowhere- I didn't understand what the conflict would be. But with the latest chapter I honestly didn't see that coming, base-ball wise. gaaaah! makes me excited after a very long time with this manga!