Country
France
Mob Psycho 100

Episodes: Unknown
Airing Date: Jul 12, 2016
Producers: Bones, Warner Bros.
Genres: Action, Comedy, Shounen, Slice of Life, Supernatural

Synopsis

Kageyama Shigeo (a.k.a. "Mob") is a 8th grader with psychic abilities. He could bend spoons and lift objects with his mind from a young age, but he slowly began to withhold from using his abilities in public due to the negative attention he kept receiving. Now, the only thing he wants is to become friends with a girl in his class, Tsubomi. With his psychic "mentor" (who has no psychic powers), he continues his daily life, attempting to realize his purpose in life.

If you like the anime, check out our SERIES manga discussion thread as well.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Country
France
That was fun, I like Reigen already :XD. The OP and ED are great too but I can't help but see many characters as Saitama with different hairstyle :neutral.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Country
United States
That was good. I'm kind of leaning the other way on Reigen but the whole setting and style is pretty great.

BASED Shinigami

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Country
United States
I wonder what will happens when the countdown reaches 100. It seems to go up whenever Mob encounters supernatural beings. Anyway, I really enjoyed this episode. I'm not sure if I like Reigen but it's funny to watch him weasle his way out of sticky situations. He reminds me of Mr. Satan from DBZ! Total fraud and weakling, but he gets credit for everything. The art style is different from the norm but it looked awesome. Mob so far reminds me of Saitama. Not just in physical appearance but in demeanor and attitude too.

Last edited:

ShenGao

Anti-Hero
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Country
Germany
A good 1st episode. I hope the other psychics shown and the broccoli are an indicator to how far the anime will go.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France
Of course Reigen knows well how liars think :heh. If I understood well when there is no spirit tormenting his clients he invents something and massages them? If he's that good at it why try doesn't he just become one?

Didn't expect Mob to join the body improvement club instead but it makes more sense.

BASED Shinigami

Country
United States
The art and animation is so crazy! Reminds me of Fooly Cooly. I loved everything about this episode. Mob got some good character development. This series is quickly becoming one of my favorites for this season.

My full thoughts..

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France
Great episode, best one so far.

So that's what happens when Mob reaches 100%. Reigen is actually a cool mentor, the only real problem with him is that he is a conman.

BASED Shinigami

Country
United States
Mob is really gullible. He falls into traps so easily. However, I guess he can't help it because he's inexperienced and unknowledgeable. He doesn't know how to deal with people especially girls since he's socially awkward. Also, he has trouble identifying scams.
His explosion was cool. He transformed into a completely different person. His attitude, demeanor, and appearance changed.
I really enjoyed this episode.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France
Of course the episode ends just when Mob reveals his powers to Teru... :feelsbadman I am liking the members of the Body Improvement club more and more.

Great episode.

BASED Shinigami

Country
United States
Another splendid episode! Honestly Mob Psycho 100 is my favorite anime of this season so far. All the episodes have been great. I don't understand why this series isn't getting more attention from anime viewers. I know the art and animation might be a turn off but I'm loving it so far.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Country
United States
Another splendid episode! Honestly Mob Psycho 100 is my favorite anime of this season so far. All the episodes have been great. I don't understand why this series isn't getting more attention from anime viewers. I know the art and animation might be a turn off but I'm loving it so far.
It's fun and I'm definitely enjoying it but I don't know there is something about it that doesn't quite reach that "I love this show!" threshold for me. Honestly, not sure why that is. Maybe I'm just subconsciously comparing it to one punch man or something.

Now that I think about it though, if I had to pick a favorite show this season Mob 100 would have to be it. Mainly because.. what else could it be? Definitely not the second half of R:Zero. Taboo Tattoo is just too damn weird. For me it's pretty much down to Mob and Masou Gakuen; and, while I love me some ecchi, Mob wins that contest.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France
WOW ???%? And then he reached 100% again and fixed everything. Teru has been demolished.

At least when he was angry at 100% he could control himself, but I didn't have that impression when he became sad, maybe that was because it was too fast. Great episode.

BASED Shinigami

Country
United States
Wait so did Mob's brother lie about what actually happened that day? Mob probably reached 100% and hurt everyone, but his brother twisted the story so Mob wouldn't feel as bad.

But wow..this episode was crazy. Teru pushed Mob too far and payed the consequences. At least now as a viewer I can understand why Mob goes to extreme lengths to not use his abilities against people. Waking up to a scene where everyone around him was covered in blood must have really shaken him up.
RIP Dimple-sama.... Your hilarious side commentary will be missed
Great episode and awesome character development for Mob

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France
Now that I think about it, couldn't Teru fix his hair with his telekinesis?

BASED Shinigami

Country
United States
This was a good episode. There was a lot of focus on Ritsu. His relationship with Mob is complex. He wants be like Mob so much, and Mob desires to be like his younger brother. Ritsu wants psychic powers, and Mob wants to be popular or get a clue. I like the characterization we are getting for all the characters. Initially I thought this show would focus more on action/supernatural beings but so far there has been a lot of focus on how these characters interact with each other and their individual struggles to change themselves. The writing has been amazing. I love the story because it actually integrates real life themes and ideas. People are sleeping on Mob Psycho 100.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France
So Ritsu has powers too and he's losing it. Seeing other Espers made me realize how gifted Mob is. People struggle to bend spoons while he does it without efforts :XD. Dimple will soon get crushed again.

BASED Shinigami

Country
United States
I didn't expect another Ritsu focused episode, but I don't mind because his descent into darkness was interesting to watch. I can't wait to see how Mob will handle his younger brother's sudden change of behavior.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Country
France
Just when I was thinking that Ritsu was becoming another Teru, Teru himself happened, I like what he has become, he even called Mob to deal with Ritsu. This arc became a lot more interesting with this episode.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
HOLY SHIT THAT EPISODE WAS EPIC! :wtf :wtf Not only the battle was amazing but the drama between siblings too. I love how the Claw organization has been introduced.

And there is Teru who is becoming more likable plus the comedy with Reigen.All of this coupled with Bones' amazing work.

10/10 episode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)