baditz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2015
Messages
2,420
Reaction score
1,345
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
i think the last arc about "4 horses of apocalypse".
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,386
Reaction score
12,173
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think the Sins already embody the Seven Heavenly Virtues, so I don't think there will be a group based on it.

i think the last arc about "4 horses of apocalypse".
This...could actually work. Not just the Four Horsemen, but the entire thing. Thinking about it now, The Horn of Cernunnos could be one of the seven horns that's needed to call forth the Seven Plagues.

If that is the case, I wonder who would be the "Lamb" in this series?
 
Last edited:

baditz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2015
Messages
2,420
Reaction score
1,345
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I think the Sins already embody the Seven Heavenly Virtues, so I don't think there will be a group based on it.



This...could actually work. Not just the Four Horsemen, but the entire thing. Thinking about it now, The Horn of Cernunnos could be one of the seven horns that's needed to call forth the Seven Plagues.

If that is the case, I wonder who would be the "Lamb" in this series?
for me, Gowther, Fraudin, and Estrossa will be "wild card" for this series,,
at this point they can be anybody, or anything,,
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I think the Sins already embody the Seven Heavenly Virtues, so I don't think there will be a group based on it.



This...could actually work. Not just the Four Horsemen, but the entire thing. Thinking about it now, The Horn of Cernunnos could be one of the seven horns that's needed to call forth the Seven Plagues.

If that is the case, I wonder who would be the "Lamb" in this series?
Unless you are referring to something else its 10 plagues.

I don't think the sins embody the virtues. The virtues are chastity, temperance, charity, diligence, patience, kindness and humility. Assuming each sin matches the opposite to their sins... Mel is not quite tempered. The danafor circumstances are still somewhat unknown but it is unlikely the situation was merely him getting pissed off. Odds are literally everyone was already dead by the time mel destroyed everything. And even now his wrath is described as calm... Merlin does not strike me as the chastity type either. Ban definitely does not fit charity. He is not "greedy" in any conventional form but he is not the type to be charitable either. Ban is mostly an asshole. I guess king could be diligent but not in a way which suggests he fits that virtue perfectly. Diane is kind, I'll give you that. Escanor is in no form or context humble. Well, his weaker form is humble but that is only half the time. Either way, it's a tad of a stretch.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,386
Reaction score
12,173
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Those are the Plagues of Egypt, though I could also see those being represented as well. I'm referring to the 7 Trumpets that 7 Angels are supposed to sound during the Apocalypse. Each horn basically brings forth a different calamity.

As for the Virtues, you and I actually had this discussion before, in this thread no less. They don't embody them fully, but they represent aspects of those virtues.

Mel: Wrath: Patience: Mel is definitely one of the more patient characters in this entire series. Even when his allies attack him and threaten to kill him, he understands their reasoning and doesn't keep the hostilities up.

Ban: Greed: Charity: In biblical terms, Charity is often associated with love and self sacrifice, which was Ban's entire deal with Elaine.

King: Sloth: Diligence: His persistence in trying to defend those close to him, as well as keeping his promises nearly everyone he's made promises too, Diane, Elaine, Helbram.

Diane: Envy: Kindness: One of the most kind and understanding characters in the series.

Gowther: Lust: Chastity: Chastity, other than the sexual definition, also deals with honesty and purity. Despite Invasion being the ultimate lying power, Gowther himself is rather blunt and truthful. He can be considered a pure type of being, someone who doesn't really know the difference between right and wrong.

Merlin: Gluttony: Temperance: She overindulges in magic, but she seems to have some self control in what she does.

Escanor: Pride: Humility: Escanor basically represents both of these traits in the most obvious of ways. Day Time Escanor is Prideful, Night Time Escanor is Humble.
I don't think it's a stretch. They don't represent it completely, but it's there. Just like they don't completely represent the Sins they're named for.
 

Rarhyx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2009
Messages
1,208
Reaction score
333
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
I forgot in which thread it was but I think I said something along the terms that the sins will be changed to Virtues at the end of the manga (if the virtues aren't 7 other persons)
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,684
Reaction score
61,395
Gender
Male
Country
France
Don't tell me it's a reincarnation...
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,684
Reaction score
61,395
Gender
Male
Country
France
I don't know but it's possible.
Either way Jericho will be sisterzoned.:XD

That's pretty bad for the BanxJanko shippers.
I always thought it would be fitting for the Sin of Greed to get with the two tbh though I didn't believe Ban X Elaine could get a happy end until recently. Among the main pairings, the Ban ones are the only one I like anyway so I am fine with either.
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
I always thought it would be fitting for the Sin of Greed to get with the two tbh though I didn't believe Ban X Elaine could get a happy end until recently. Among the main pairings, the Ban ones are the only one I like anyway so I am fine with either.
Yeah same here, I started liking Janko more so I could actually see her with Ban. But with Elaine staying alive apparently it might not happen.
But now I understand why Ban said that to Janko, that she reminds him of his sister :XD

Poor kid though, she starved to death.:(
 
Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,684
Reaction score
61,395
Gender
Male
Country
France
Galan is born the same day as me :XD.
 

baditz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2015
Messages
2,420
Reaction score
1,345
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
oi, i not found Estrossa birthday,,
 

Rarhyx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2009
Messages
1,208
Reaction score
333
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
dangit, same birthday as andré (yes, I also had to look who that is)
 

FKS

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Feb 27, 2015
Messages
3,451
Reaction score
16,961
Gender
Male
Country
France
Some volume 18 extras:




TL:
Title: Distant past.

Brother Ban, brother Ban, brother Ban, wait up.
Brother Ban.
Stop following me, I'm out on a job of stealing.

Killia!
[TN: The name comes up in another RPG, Disgaea 5 for anyone interested.]

I'd love to have… some… bread.
Warm, delicious… bread.

Wait here.
Brother Ban… Ban.
I'll steal some for you right away!

Ban!
Next to Ban: Hmm?
It's already noon.

Tch… It's been a while since I last saw that.
You saw… a dream?

Goddammit, it's your fault, Jaleco…!!
Tonight the ale will be on you!!♬

Y… yes.

Wait, what?
Anyway, everything up to now has been on me, hasn't it!!?

The end.



TL:
Jenna, what's all this ruckus for…?
Zaneli! That's…
I'm…

Back!!
Oops.



TL:
Title: Side story / The melancholy of Elaine.

Damn it, Ban!! You…
You might be the first…♪
First what?
The first human being that I don't hate being around.

I… I'm the first?
Don't hate being around?
You mean… you like me?

Ugh… That's unfair, so unfair.
With such a cute human girl by his sides…
I'll kill ya.♪
Ban'll end up falling for her!

The end.

Pics taken from Naruto Forums, which, I assume, took then from here: http://spoilerkingjuliane.tumblr.com/archive
I did the translation on my own though.
 
Last edited:

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Poor Killia, man.

Good ol' Mel there; just a casual "Back!" after whooping Galan's ass.

Oh, so the dead can actually "follow" the living people's actions? Cool, good to know.
 

Baum

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2015
Messages
775
Reaction score
779
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Huh, "First Fairy King Gloxinia"...guess we'll see him (her? Seems like a female name) soon-ish?
And dammit, Deldrey..you couldn't have waited another 8 days to be born, could ya? XD

And I don't just want to leave it at hitting that button:
Thanks a bunch for finding and translating all of this, FKS. Can't stress enough how much I appreciate your work (:
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Let's carve a statue for FKS; we shall call it... *drumming intensifies*... The FKStatue!
 
Top