- Joined
- Nov 4, 2008
- Messages
- 117
- Reaction score
- 10
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
i voted don flamingo but just because i couldnt find Nami !!
No, and that's my point. People thinking it was ok doesn't mean it's ok. That's why we need metrics that are objective as possible.Yes, but you're only saying that because of the shifting moral zeitgeist. It was okay to slaughter the infidels and stone women and children to death a thousand years ago.
Lol, Piracy Era. We've seen a lot more examples of WG and Marine violence than pirate violence.Sengoku puts up with it because he cares about the future and wishes to keep the Piracy era from causing any more bad blood.
Excuse me, but I need to ask you a question. From which chapter did you read One Piece?How do you feel the WG is an organization based on bad deeds? Yes they do what they feel is the right way and try to preserve that. Is this not similiar to what current and pasted Governments have done? Germany during WW2 did the same thing and currently USA does the same thing in Iraq, Afghanistan. North Korea the same with its Media blackout and etc. Everyone country does the same unfortunately I don't know the history on every country to give you an example for every country. But if you dig, you're find something.
Fine? He ordered fire on the ship from his own fleet, just to be sure that none of the Ohara people manages to escape. He killed one of his own men because he was too scared.Akainu seems fine to me so far, he's still in the dark as we don't really know much, sure he's attacking the Pirates right now but did they not invade the Marine HQs and try to stop justice from being served?
I think it was strongly implied that the weapons were just an excuse to demonize Ohara, that the WG was actually concerned about the blank century; especially since the WG has also resorted to their own underhanded methods to rebuild the weapons.(There is also the part that maybe it wasn't so much the weapon the wanted to keep secret, but rather "blank century" information about how they came to power?)
Of course we feel that it is amoral now, but once again, we are feeling this way because of our current zeitgeist. However, it is not fair to claim that a culture's moral system is amoral by any standards. It would be much more accurate to say that it is amoral by OUR standards. Afterall, their moral is moral in their standards and they may think our way of doing is amoral. E.g. We KNOW that it is completely okay to let homosexuals be themselves and saying otherwise would be amoral. However, for them, they may see it as going against nature and god (I'm not saying it is, I'm saying they think it is) and to let it go on would be amoral.No, and that's my point. People thinking it was ok doesn't mean it's ok. That's why we need metrics that are objective as possible.
That "morality of divinity" is amoral by any objective standard of morality and I don't feel ethnocentric for saying so.
I merged the threads, because all of the posts in your thread were discussing morality in general with the exception of your first post. None of the responses were focused specifically on Luffy's role as protagonist or antagonist; instead, the discussion on what constitutes an evil character.Was there really a need to move my thread? Now I'm not even going to bother continuing this topic that I thought was a worthy discussion for its OWN thread.
I used Luffy because HE is the protagonist as is the Pirates as a whole as they are fighting against the WG the antagonist. I can't name every pirate in the opening topic thus used Luffy to represent the Pirates as a whole.
This is a thread of who is the evilest character, I fail to see how my thread which cause readers to look at the story from another perspective and pique their creative minds to look at the story in a deeper mindset.
With all that said, Good day MH Mod who moved this and couldn't even give me an explanation in a Private Message.

Pretty sure Onigumo is a follower of Absolute Justice... Check your sources..Doflamingo, Rob Lucci, ONIGUMO and Akainu are pure evil.. I think onigumo will be one of the greatest villian in future of one piece because he is "Dark Justice" follower and have great potential in his fruit..