Shoujo Nana by Ai Yazawa

Misury

Intl Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
262
Reaction score
29
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
Switzerland
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

I really liked this chapter too. I wonder if there is going to be some more direct mention of where exactly Ren is in the present. Him going back to get more drugs doesn't bode too well for his future. :(

With chapter 77 coming up, there's no way it can be the last chapter but I think it might be a major turning point. Like Hachi finally going to England and finally finding Nana. That chapter might be the climax that leads to everything being explained.
I am afraid for Ren's future.. remember the Sid and Nancy Thing?
That makes me doubting, if Ren is even still alive in the present.. >.<''
maybe I'm too pessimistic..
 

lalamesilly

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
58
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

ehh I don't think Ren will necessarily have a bad future. You never know he might actually have a good life in store for him.
 

svart_lotus

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2006
Messages
100
Reaction score
2
Age
44
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

We know Ren is still alive, but from what we have heard about him so far it seems as he pretty down on luck. We know that he is in england, but my money is on rehab or something like that.

EDIT: first 20 pages of chapter 73 is out, thank you celestial :D
 
Last edited:

Katea

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2008
Messages
142
Reaction score
24
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

Erm I thought chapter 72 is the latest, I just read Nana at onemanga.com and they just have the chapters up to chap 72. I'd like to catch up though, where can I download/read 73~92/3 ?:oh
 

svart_lotus

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2006
Messages
100
Reaction score
2
Age
44
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

Erm I thought chapter 72 is the latest, I just read Nana at onemanga.com and they just have the chapters up to chap 72. I'd like to catch up though, where can I download/read 73~92/3 ?:oh
Sorry, ment 73, have edited.
http://celestial-delinquent.com/ is probly the quickest way to get the new nana chapters.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

I read it. -_-

I need the rest of the chapter :scry

btw, how can they say "fight along with us" when all of them know that the band has broken up and Nana's going solo? Have they kept it from shin?
 

lalamesilly

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
58
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

All I can say about this chapter is ofmg.
 

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
5,423
Reaction score
1,786
Age
119
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

Yup! Totally agreess...it was ok till the end *pulls hair out*
I'm still trying hard to 'accept' it :oh

baboysai said:
btw, how can they say "fight along with us" when all of them know that the band has broken up and Nana's going solo? Have they kept it from shin?
Maybe it's a different kind of fight, as in, let's all stay together as friends and go through all these difficulties ahead of us. Even shin has his own hurdles, as in, a search for his purpose in life, considering now he has 'no place to go'.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

Yeah but wasn't it just Nana that Gaia didn't let go of? Wasn't it only her that they were interested in continuing the contract with that's why she was going solo? And then she kinda decided she'd get really famous so that when she requests for the band back they won't have to say no.

But what's Takumi gonna do? :wtf He was really hoping Shin would take his problem (Reira) away. Btw, Hachi knows that Takumi and Reira had a fight, right? And she kinda has an idea as to why, but I don't think she knows that Takumi refused Reira.


PS: so I read the full chapter (it's already done).

And I feel quite sorry that Takumi had to resort to doing it just to keep Reira going.
 
Last edited:

Katea

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2008
Messages
142
Reaction score
24
Gender
Female
Country
Germany

lalamesilly

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
58
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

Wow, you could say that Ch. 72 was very misleading. After this chapter everything is going in another new turn. I feel terribly sorry for Shin and Hatchi. Def. in fumes with Reira and Takumi. But there's something more that's going to happen since Hatchi and Takumi is still toghether. I think there's going to be another crazy transition of chapters next time just like this one.
 

ILoveTenTen

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

!! 73 is out .. i might be late in informing you all but its out
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

I think lalamesilly meant ch 73. as it was already posted by svart-san.
 

Katea

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2008
Messages
142
Reaction score
24
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

I don't know what to think of Takumi, first, he told Shin to stay away from Reira, and then he wants him to take care of Reira again because he doesn't want to do it by himself. He's toying with Shin's and Reira's and also Hachi's feelings..
but in contrary, it was really cool from him hitting the director for giving Ren drugs.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

At first he was really worried that if Shin and Reira would be found out, it'd be a big scandal. Especially that Shin is underage. When Hachi mentioned about Shin crying and that both of them had the ruby ring, Takumi realized that Shin and Reira did have something serious and he relented. He finally thought it convenient that Reira would go to shin instead of him worrying over her, especially when Reira confessed to him. He was really getting too much pressure from Ren telling him about Reira, and from Reira's confessions herself. That's why he really wanted to fend her off and just dump her over to Shin.

But now that Shin says he won't be going back to Reira any time soon, Takumi is even more pressured, especially with Reira's text messages like that.
 

freaky2

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 30, 2007
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Bulgaria
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

That doesn't mean he has to go to these lenghts for Reira, especially as she's not dying yet ¬¬

But he really was cool hitting the director, I was like: "this usually hateful guy is my hero" XD
 

lalamesilly

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
58
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

Even if Takumi was pressured to go to Reira I think he should've known better that by just going to her isn't really going to help Reira at all in the long run he doesn't even love her as a woman. And Reira just needs to learn how to be more independent, and figure out there are other men out there. I actually don't mind Reira dying at all, think it's better off that way.

People try to argue with me all the time that to Takumi Reira is his number one. But I don't think so. He never once said to Reira I love you or I truly love you. The most affectionate words he ever said to her was on the lines of I will protect you something that an older sibling or guardian would say. I would say that Hatchi is most important to him, because even though he goes off cheats on other women he always comes back.

Reira to Takumi is something he treasures but not as a woman. During the present time Takumi and Hatchi is still together, which indicates that there is something significant that made Hatchi decide to stay with Takumi, and that somewhere along the road Takumi chose Hatchi.

I wouldn't call Reira's love for takumi true love or any of that bull. If I had to actually put it in words it would be puppy , selfish, love. Because if you love someone more than life itself like Reira is claiming, you should consider about that someone's position and the people around that someone.

If Reira and Takumi got together... Them together is going to cause alot of people pain, and funny enough the peope that are going to be in pain are better human beings then Reira and Takumi is.

On some forums some fans say that they don't want to see a stupid ending with Takumi reformed. But I want to see that so called stupid ending to happen. I don't think just because an ending is happy means that it's dumb.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

I think the most important role that Hachi has in this story is having to change Takumi. and of course "saving NANA's life", although we have no clue as to that will happen as of yet.

That's the only resolution that Yazawa can give her, because a lot of people say she's worthless or annoying. The fact that she involves herself with others and treats others more that she treats herself will have to be her redeeming quality. That way she's really perfect for Takumi.

Now that we see Shin in the future, clearly not with Reira (which is fine since he didn't guarantee he'd come back to her anyway). If shin was the only one (that we know of) who could make her forget Takumi, and if he deserts her, this means Reira will cling to Takumi more. And thus, Hachi isn't the one who has the Stockholm syndrome, it's Reira. Amazing.

On Nana and Ren, things have become very destructive, IMO. -_-
 

lalamesilly

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
58
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

*nods

I know this is off topic but Baboysai your avatar is really creepy XD
 

Katea

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2008
Messages
142
Reaction score
24
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

I think the most important role that Hachi has in this story is having to change Takumi. and of course "saving NANA's life", although we have no clue as to that will happen as of yet.
^ agreed

Now that we see Shin in the future, clearly not with Reira (which is fine since he didn't guarantee he'd come back to her anyway).
hmm but who was this little boy with the guitar sitting on a bank when Reira was singing? He looks kinda like Shin, don't you think? Of course it can't be Shin because of the age gap.. but maybe his son? or the other band member's (can't recall his name ><) son?
 
Top