Shoujo Nana by Ai Yazawa

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

After rereading for the nth time, another question popped up.

What's with little ren and Reira, huh? Remember when Naoki was talking to Takumi and Ren interrupted, saying "Reira will sing!" or something. Then Takumi said she will, as long as ren plays the guitar. So Ren might be playing the guitar just for Reira, which means they must have a very special relationship for a child to think that way. It's either that, or he can see his dad's frustration, and if he loves his dad he wants to ease that frustration. >.>

But it's not normal, is it? How little ren reacts?
 

xbato

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 22, 2008
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

i still dont want to believe that ren died.. do you still remember hachi said that maybe Ren who secretly puts the package in her mailbox?

re-read this chapter..
http://www.onemanga.com/Nana/62/15/
i dont really hope for angels or santa
but for a night when Nana and Ren will miraculously meet again.


and this chapter also.. when shin is talking to yasu about the thoughts of hachi
http://www.onemanga.com/Nana/66/20/ to 21

the gyne said it was 6weeks..
 

lalamesilly

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
58
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

After rereading for the nth time, another question popped up.

What's with little ren and Reira, huh? Remember when Naoki was talking to Takumi and Ren interrupted, saying "Reira will sing!" or something. Then Takumi said she will, as long as ren plays the guitar. So Ren might be playing the guitar just for Reira, which means they must have a very special relationship for a child to think that way. It's either that, or he can see his dad's frustration, and if he loves his dad he wants to ease that frustration. >.>

But it's not normal, is it? How little ren reacts?
I just think he's weird like his daddy. And also he's pretty mature and seems to love his dad alot and is most likely trying to soothe his father's worries rather than having a special connection with Reira.


i still dont want to believe that ren died.. do you still remember hachi said that maybe Ren who secretly puts the package in her mailbox?

re-read this chapter..
http://www.onemanga.com/Nana/62/15/
i dont really hope for angels or santa
but for a night when Nana and Ren will miraculously meet again.


and this chapter also.. when shin is talking to yasu about the thoughts of hachi
http://www.onemanga.com/Nana/66/20/ to 21

the gyne said it was 6weeks..
I want to believe Ren is not dead either. To put it in a positive light I'm guessing he went to rehab, or had a mental breakdown so he feels the need to be alone.
 
Last edited:

belle_chan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2007
Messages
135
Reaction score
6
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

oh,i cried when i read the part where reira is recalling her memory with ren at that place. i`m sure that ren is still alive and well. but,i really hope they will tell us soon ren`s whereabout.

but,i`m really confused.actually how long has it been since nana left? and i still can`t figured it out the possible reason why nana left in the first place.ren is willing to quit trapnest,and if that really happened,why must nana left?

and what do u think about the other couples? i think yuri will leave nobu to pursuit her career. this can be the one of the reasons why nobu finally decided to go back home and take over his family business. i still dunno about yasu and miu though. yasu is soo unpredictable.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

woah you guys! ch75 covers are up on Celestial! It's up! It's up!!! kyaaaa I can't wait for the Edited Mangas :scry
 

svart_lotus

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2006
Messages
100
Reaction score
2
Age
44
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

yepp *jumping around in the soffa* :D Refreshing CDs homepage each and every min for the last 24 hours... think i need a life :D
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

I think I just did that a coupla hours ago too, svart. :sweatdrop I can't wait. Fo sho it's another bombshell... :nuts


if you guys are interested, there are LQ raws over here: http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-213880/NANA-75-raw-.html

as well as spoiler summaries. I can't DL it though so I didn't see the pages, but the summary! They say it's not too mindblowing. I guess some development is needed once in a while, and breaks from surprising us all the time. hehe. I can imagine a very emotionally-packed chapter though, coz I read the summary.
 
Last edited:

Katea

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2008
Messages
142
Reaction score
24
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

Is there no other group aside from Celestial Delinquent that do Edited Mangas for Nana? I mean Nana is quite popular, so it surprises me.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

I know other groups, Katea, like the ones at lovenana4ever.cjb.net, and the nana-takoyakis. But CD is faster. ^^

And good news for you guys, it's out! Head to celestial Delinquent's homepage for it~ chapter 75!!! I haven't read it yet though :s


whew. Well, here are my thoughts on the chapter:

POOR REN! :crying He and Nana just can't exist together. Awww it's so painful. It's like Ren's thinking if he should just give up his life so that Nana could live hers. :s And yet! And yet Nana also believes she cannot be the woman to satisfy/complete Ren because she is so opposite from what she thinks he wants. Well it's kinda true what she believes but, despite that Ren was willing to accept her . And still they don't work it out!@ :faint What the relationship needs is a confrontation, so that they understand, and compromise. But they're not doing it either. No wait, good job, driver-san! When you get back from Osaka Takumi should give you a raise! :woot

And I know Nami-san will kill me for bashing Reira so I'll refrain from doing that :XD I'll do a very polite criticism of her character. hehe. Well we all know what she thinks now, and she regrets ever changing her relationship with Takumi. Better be on a pedestal than be a call girl eh? And it seems it (singing) is all anyone wants from her anyway. Including Ren. Ouch.

Anyway, when Ren mentioned that Nana would be madder if Reira sang than if Ren should sleep with Reira clearly shows that Nana treats her dreams as something more important than her relationship with Ren. And Ren knows it. Ouch again. >.<

And finally I have no say about Takumi and Hachi this time around. Shocking, ain't it? :p
 
Last edited:

lalamesilly

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2008
Messages
58
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

woot! Today's my birthday! anyways. hmm there really is not that big of a drama in this chapter. I mean we all knew that Ren was severely addicted to drugs, and deep down inside always wanted to see Nana. The question is when will they meet? Or will they ever again?

I'm guessing Takumi and Reira is over now, since she spat back at him to go back to his cute wife. And saying that she doesn't only sing for him. etc etc.

Well that's all there is for me!
 

Katea

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2008
Messages
142
Reaction score
24
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Re: Nana by Ai Yazawa - Discussion

@baboysai: Ah ok thank you anyways for the reply! ^^

Well the newest chapter was.. nothing special I guess. Sorry to say that I don't like Reira very much. Now that I come to think of it, the 'boy' or better to say Takumi's son might be also Reira's son... since they did it (without protection I guess). Hm not sure though...
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Anyway guys, any guesses on what chapter Hachi'll give birth?

I was hoping it'd be in like, next chapter but I reread the whole thing and Nana's b-day is on March 5th or something. And Hachi's expectancy is April.

I'm guessing it'd be about 3 more chapters before she gives birth because Nana and Ren still have that face-off, and we need development in their relationship first.

Any speculations on what's gonna happen when they meet at her birthday party?

and any speculations on how Takumi will react when he hears the news that his cute little wife is giving birth? :XD I imagine it to be hilarious!
 

svart_lotus

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2006
Messages
100
Reaction score
2
Age
44
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
We are one step closer to finding out, first 17 pages of chapter 76 is out at CD scans.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
thanks! so fast! :wtf
 

svart_lotus

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2006
Messages
100
Reaction score
2
Age
44
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
So, no one has commented on chapter 77 so far, so i guess i have to do it :)
I guess we got an answer on what drives Trapnest appart. They wont go that far without Ren and he should have gotten some serious damages.
One thing i have been thinking of is if Nanas mom will actually contact Nana. It seems like she is trying to better her self now.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
eep!! it's out???

*stops self from reading svart's spoiler*

bye guys. I'll be back when I've read it :p


well then, after reading the chapter here are my thoughts:

I think, svart, that as far as nana's mom is concerned, the development of her character is already revealed, and will no longer take part in the story, at least not majorly.

Well finally, Ren's end is shown, and it's so sad. I thought it was totally believable though. I mean, I couldn't imagine him dying any other way.
 
Last edited:

svart_lotus

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2006
Messages
100
Reaction score
2
Age
44
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
eep!! it's out???

*stops self from reading svart's spoiler*

bye guys. I'll be back when I've read it :p
<hr noshade size="1">
well then, after reading the chapter here are my thoughts:

I think, svart, that as far as nana's mom is concerned, the development of her character is already revealed, and will no longer take part in the story, at least not majorly.

Well finally, Ren's end is shown, and it's so sad. I thought it was totally believable though. I mean, I couldn't imagine him dying any other way.
I dont think he died, they say he is alive in the future chapters. Though his career is probly as good as dead.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Nooooes! I can't imagine Ren to be alive in the future, really. I mean, i can't see what his role would be, since he's the one that makes Nana feel so trapped and all. :s I don't blame him but that's how Nana feels about their relationship all the time, right?
 

svart_lotus

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2006
Messages
100
Reaction score
2
Age
44
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Nooooes! I can't imagine Ren to be alive in the future, really. I mean, i can't see what his role would be, since he's the one that makes Nana feel so trapped and all. :s I don't blame him but that's how Nana feels about their relationship all the time, right?
Maybe true, but Ai plays loots of pranks with the name "Ren" in the future chapters, and some of those times you cant really know if its big or little Ren. Not sure what will happen now though... hoping for a new future chapter (with some god damn Shin and Reira action!) :D
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
i predict though that the next chapter will focus primarily on Nana O. And I'm really also very eager to know her reaction about the news. Everybody else's reactions as well. :s
 
Top