Re: Naruto 669 Discussion / 670 Predictions
None of the above. As I told you, I understand perfectly what you have been writting here. It is pretty basic really. My question is philosophical. I underderstand perfectly how all of these things make it easier to understand, keep a good rythm in the story, make us want to read the next episode, help us connect to the characters and so on...
That's why I told you that you did not understand. My question remains.
I could explain all that I already explained here before, the main argument is that we know almost nothing of Kishimoto's world and mechanics so a lot of "asspull" or "deus ex machina" is completely reasonable, but, I don't want to do that because that's not what I believe in. Another guy asked me: Do you seriously believe that we should accept whatever Kishimoto wants to write? And yes, that is my stance about art. It is not up to us or anyone to judge.
So, let's pretend someone hits a drum, with no rythm at all and cals it music. Of course musicians will say it is not music, and they will have ALL the reasons to do so, they can talk about temppo and music theory and prove (as you did) that this person is not doing music. However, what exectly give people the right to call something music? Or drawing? Or painting? And so on.
That's why my question is philosophical. As far as I am concerned we can only rate or evaluate something according to it's purpose, and when it comes to art (and everything that comes from subjectivity) only the author knows its purpose. The "rules" of writing suppose a common purpose to all writing, and it is a big mistake.
A good example of this is the Bible: When you take the four Gospel there are a lot of contradictions, the intent however is not to deliver precise historical facts but the core message of christianity. So, surprise, if you read it you will see a lot of "plotholes", because they couldn't care less, they just want you to know "Christ was the son of God, lived, performed miracles, sacrificed himself and saved everyone".
That's exactly how I see Naruto. And I could not care less if Kishimoto is not coherent, among me and my real life friends Kishimoto became a verb, like "you kishimoto'd", we used it to refer to when someone said something and then completely contradicted himself, and it's been years since we've been using this expression.
I knew from the start you would not comprehend me, because from the first post I understood you believe art follows rules, that art "belong" to the people (or better, group of people) that defined it. For me art doesn't belong to anyone but the author and only him can define what he did. A childs drawing for me is the same as a Picasso, as much as random drum beating is the same as the 3rd Movement of Moonlight Sonata.
I tried to explain, art for me is an expression of someone's internal world, there are no rules for this. I would love to argue with Sasori and Deidara about how Moegi's Hair is as much art as their masterpieces if she says so herself. If you call it art, it is art. I don't even believe you can evaluate or rate it, but if you use the author's parameters, why not? But using predefined paramaters, no. Not for what I call art.