Thanks James, I read like the first 1/3, that was actually relevant.
And after reading that, I want to voice why I believe Santa cannot work for the town, but has to be a third party, or else the role is not gonna be functioning:
so, despite the limitation, that Santa doesn't know if he is giving away a good or fucking bad gift to support the Townies, as a pro-Townie role, he can still easily confirm himself, by coming out as Santa Clause, and any disbelievers he can send a gift, to pretty much confirm his own role. I believe, that only a third party Santa would do anything than claiming the Santa role, because he is not only a threat to the mafia, but also the town's people, as he would win the game after sending out all of his gifts. that, the possibility to confirm the role and take out any doubt, i think outweights any possible gain a pro-townie santa can contribute.
and I was thinking of how to implement the "gifts" into the game... like digital, i kinda am against "items" in the game. but what about "temporary secondary roles"... like his 'gift' is an expirable secondary role of the 'doctor', or 'prostitue', or something... i could see that working, except some of the fucking bad gifts.