- Joined
- Nov 16, 2005
- Messages
- 19,231
- Reaction score
- 1,274
- Gender
- Hidden
- Country
-
Re: The NFL Thread
I watched both playoff games. The Colts surprised the hell out of me, it looks like the defense was just fed up with hearing all week that they couldn't stop Larry Johnson from running for 350 and decided to do something about it. Only 32 yards!!! Chiefs didn't even have a first down the WHOLE first half!!! The Colts D and running game actually won a playoff game for Peyton, for once. That was awesome.
Now if that continues, you know Peyton won't have two bad games in a row. The Ravens better watch out next week, that's not going to be a gimme win for them anymore. And they don't have Ty Law on their team either... which is even worse news. (Too bad the Colts can't sign Law up for wide receiver since he seems to know where Peyton's throwing the ball all the time!)
The Cowboys-Eagles game started out as a sort of snoozer, but I had a feeling the second half would open up things more, and it took a while but it did have a crazy ending. But I have serious reservations about the Seahawks' chances to advance any further in the playoffs, just as I would have for the Cowboys, too. Still, ouch that all Tony Romo had to do was hold the ball properly for the winning field goal kick and he bobbled it. The snap was great. I don't blame him for feeling miserable afterwards.
Looking forward to the Pats-Jets and Eagles-Giants games tomorrow.[br]Posted on: January 07, 2007, 02:51:18 AM_________________________________________________* * *
Well by Golly the Colts beat the Ravens! With defense again! As big as a underdog as they were, that was nice to see. And Peyton will have two extra days to prepare for the next game, so that's good for him.
Of course now it's down to the real tough game, the AFC Championship game. I don't think either Chargers or the Patriots will be a piece of cake. We'll see what happens I guess.
Eagles-Saints next. Be interesting.
I watched both playoff games. The Colts surprised the hell out of me, it looks like the defense was just fed up with hearing all week that they couldn't stop Larry Johnson from running for 350 and decided to do something about it. Only 32 yards!!! Chiefs didn't even have a first down the WHOLE first half!!! The Colts D and running game actually won a playoff game for Peyton, for once. That was awesome.
Now if that continues, you know Peyton won't have two bad games in a row. The Ravens better watch out next week, that's not going to be a gimme win for them anymore. And they don't have Ty Law on their team either... which is even worse news. (Too bad the Colts can't sign Law up for wide receiver since he seems to know where Peyton's throwing the ball all the time!)
The Cowboys-Eagles game started out as a sort of snoozer, but I had a feeling the second half would open up things more, and it took a while but it did have a crazy ending. But I have serious reservations about the Seahawks' chances to advance any further in the playoffs, just as I would have for the Cowboys, too. Still, ouch that all Tony Romo had to do was hold the ball properly for the winning field goal kick and he bobbled it. The snap was great. I don't blame him for feeling miserable afterwards.
Looking forward to the Pats-Jets and Eagles-Giants games tomorrow.[br]Posted on: January 07, 2007, 02:51:18 AM_________________________________________________* * *
Well by Golly the Colts beat the Ravens! With defense again! As big as a underdog as they were, that was nice to see. And Peyton will have two extra days to prepare for the next game, so that's good for him.
Of course now it's down to the real tough game, the AFC Championship game. I don't think either Chargers or the Patriots will be a piece of cake. We'll see what happens I guess.
Eagles-Saints next. Be interesting.