Fall NFL Thread

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

He couldn't play RB in the NFL and I have no idea about his hands so him playing as a TE seems questionable to me as well.
I think the last time he tried to catch a ball it hit the back of his helmet :XD

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

I'm glad the Patriots are finally getting to mid-season form. I was uncertain for awhile, but we'll definitely finish the rest of season strong and take the division again. The Jets are no longer a threat, but the dolphins are still to watch out for.

The Falcons are still undefeated? Impressive. Let's see what they do come playoffs. Show out like every year or finally show up :hee
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

Man I hate bye weeks. This year we had a nice, timely bye. Especially with the injuries we've suffered. But still, after losing the way we did to Houston it's a frustrating time to have one.
 

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

The Falcons are no longer undefeated :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Vick is going to end up in a wheel chair before the season is over. I feel bad for the guy. Andy Reid should be fired. You have a stellar RB, and you hardly don't use him enough. Make Vick throw passes an excessive amount of times a game, and wonder why he's getting hit all the time when you know the offensive line is terrible missing 4 starters to boot. Terrible terrible terrible :hmph

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

CIN destroyed the NYG yesterday. Not surprised it was about time the Giants took a game off anyway.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: The NFL Thread

The Saints have apparently gotten their act together and put an end to Atlanta's pretending and the biggest news of the day (other than the three QBs out with head injuries/concussions) is the TIE.

Way to go Rams and 49ers! Way to absolutely stink it up and give us a tie. It's not as if they were in the position of Donovan McNabb where he just didn't know there was a tie; they knew and they failed.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

Are they going to stop this bullshit and just play Tebow? I mean, it amazes me that Rex Ryan just stands there. Maybe trading for him wasn't his idea after all, weird.

Watching that BAL-OAK game yesterday. I mean, holy shit, was that an NFL team? Looked more PAC 12 :lmao
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: The NFL Thread

Are they going to stop this bullshit and just play Tebow? I mean, it amazes me that Rex Ryan just stands there. Maybe trading for him wasn't his idea after all, weird.

Watching that BAL-OAK game yesterday. I mean, holy shit, was that an NFL team? Looked more PAC 12 :lmao
I don't know. Things can't get much worse with Tebow in than with him out, but I don't care much either way.

You know, as crazy as Steve Spurrier's comment may have seemed, and then Alabama proceeded to lose to an unfavored opponent, Alabama could perhaps have beaten an awful NFL team. Cam Newton's Auburn team perhaps could've beaten the dregs of the NFL.
 

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

I hate Rex Ryan, the Jets, and I dislike Tim Tebow. However, at 3-6 I don't see what they have left to lose at this point starting Tebow. "Mark gives us the best chance to win" bullshit week after week he's only proving he's the worst QB in the NFL and that he'll never be a franchise player.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

I don't know. Things can't get much worse with Tebow in than with him out, but I don't care much either way.

You know, as crazy as Steve Spurrier's comment may have seemed, and then Alabama proceeded to lose to an unfavored opponent, Alabama could perhaps have beaten an awful NFL team. Cam Newton's Auburn team perhaps could've beaten the dregs of the NFL.
No way. The best College team, even if it's from a heavyweight University is not an All Star team. And pretty much any NFL team is its own College All Star team. The talent gap is too wide, and the play concepts are too drastically advanced. The biggest misnomer is people labeling certain College Teams as having a "pro style offense", when all that really means is that the QB lines up under center 30% of the time instead of 10%...and wow, they might line up in the I formation and play a Fullback for some plays. It's nonsense really. The offense can be "pro style" all it wants, but it isn't seeing the same caliber defenses week in and week out like you do in the NFL. And lets not even get into the kind of Offenses they see. It's The Spread on steroids, and even if they could play man-up against them on defense (which they wouldn't), they wouldn't be able to stop the run IMO. They would be blown off the line of scrimmage.

Professionals are Professionals. Amateurs are Amateurs.

I hate Rex Ryan, the Jets, and I dislike Tim Tebow. However, at 3-6 I don't see what they have left to lose at this point starting Tebow. "Mark gives us the best chance to win" bullshit week after week he's only proving he's the worst QB in the NFL and that he'll never be a franchise player.
He's not the worst QB in the NFL. I'm not certain if he's even the worst starting QB in the NFL either. Remember, that Jets team has had a ton of injury issues and awful chemistry. I don't think Rex will last much longer unless there are drastic changes.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

Things are not looking good for my Steelers right now.

Looking soft on D against KC was bad enough but losing Roethlisberger to a shoulder sprain right before we are set to play the Raven's in 2 of the next 3 games is rough stuff. Roethlisberger was playing great which helped hide some issues on offense and take some pressure of the defense. Pressure will be on now.
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,057
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

Things are not looking good for my Steelers right now.

Looking soft on D against KC was bad enough but losing Roethlisberger to a shoulder sprain right before we are set to play the Raven's in 2 of the next 3 games is rough stuff. Roethlisberger was playing great which helped hide some issues on offense and take some pressure of the defense. Pressure will be on now.
Well - lets not mention the Eagles...
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

Things are not looking good for my Steelers right now.

Looking soft on D against KC was bad enough but losing Roethlisberger to a shoulder sprain right before we are set to play the Raven's in 2 of the next 3 games is rough stuff. Roethlisberger was playing great which helped hide some issues on offense and take some pressure of the defense. Pressure will be on now.
There was potential he could miss one of those games because his wife is due in the next weeks.

Oh well, I'd like for us to beat the Steelers at full strength but we'll take it :3c
 

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

Sanchez is probably the worst QB starting. Who else comes close? maybe Cassel or Weeden..but you're right there are a lot of other issues to acknowledge that prevents pinning all the blame on him. The Jets receiving corps is devastated, play calling, and poor offensive line have been major issues too.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

Well - lets not mention the Eagles...
Thanks Charlie, that cheered me right up.:^_^

There was potential he could miss one of those games because his wife is due in the next weeks.

Oh well, I'd like for us to beat the Steelers at full strength but we'll take it :3c
At this point the Steelers and Ravens fighting over the division are like two intensive care patients fighting over a box of band-aids.

The way I see it the Raven's have so many injury's on D that in order to beat good teams you need Cam Cameron be consistently competent. We need the running game to get moving and Polamalu healthy, and Leftwich to not get injured. He's no Roethlisberger but he's not bad.
 
Last edited:

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: The NFL Thread

Gary, I don't believe that a college team can actually beat a pro team, but when you look at teams like the 0-16 Lions, you do have to ask at times.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The NFL Thread

At this point the Steelers and Ravens fighting over the division are like two intensive care patients fighting over a box of band-aids.

The way I see it the Raven's have so many injury's on D that in order to beat good teams you need Cam Cameron be consistently competent. We need the running game to get moving and Polamalu healthy, and Leftwich to not get injured. He's no Roethlisberger but he's not bad.
That's not untrue, for sure. But an injured QB trumps everything really.

Time will tell. I'm not a big Cameron fan, but we've played three times since Webb and Lewis were lost for the year and we're 2-1 without them. We got thrashed by the best team in football on the road though.

To ask Leftwich to not get injured...well. The guy is a statue back there, yeah he's big and strong but I don't think there's a QB with less mobility or pocket awareness in the league than him.

I don't think Polamalu is playing though. To be fair though, his replacement has done well.

Gary, I don't believe that a college team can actually beat a pro team, but when you look at teams like the 0-16 Lions, you do have to ask at times.
I know, I took that thought and ran with it. But even with the famously awful teams I don't see it happening. Maybe it would be possible to win if they played ten times or something.
 
Last edited:

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

Big Ben out for Sunday's game.

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

I swear that guy can never get through a full season without some type of injury. He's tough though.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

That's not untrue, for sure. But an injured QB trumps everything really.

Time will tell. I'm not a big Cameron fan, but we've played three times since Webb and Lewis were lost for the year and we're 2-1 without them. We got thrashed by the best team in football on the road though.

To ask Leftwich to not get injured...well. The guy is a statue back there, yeah he's big and strong but I don't think there's any QB in the league with less mobility or pocket awareness in the league than him.

I don't think Polamalu is playing though. To be fair though, his replacement has done well.
All true statements though in his case it's not so much a matter of pocket awareness than it is that he takes so long to get the ball out. He throws the football like it's a javelin.

The Raven's offense is actually pretty potent and I can easily imagine them from a skill standpoint being able to do what the Pat's did last year and just putting pressure on teams by scoring like crazy. Cam Cameron is really the weak link there though in my opinion. I realize offensive coordinators always get blamed for everything by football fans but some of his play-calling is just...hard to understand.

I mean, when we had Bruce Arians he did a fine job except for 2 things and both of them drove Steeler fans crazy enough for us to move on to Haley.

1) The bad combination of not keeping extra blockers in to protect nearly and called deep passes. (It'll win you games but it will also put your quarterback in bodycast come playoff time.)
2) Those 3rd down screen passes (Grrrrr)

Cam Cameron just does things that make you scratch your head.


Big Ben out for Sunday's game.

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

I swear that guy can never get through a full season without some type of injury. He's tough though.
I remember him once being described a wildebeest. I think that is an apt description.
 
Last edited:

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: The NFL Thread

59-24 was a rather harsh score, but we picked off Luck three times, including two pick sixes (one from our new acquisition Talib), and got a strip sack which led to a one play TD.
 

kakashi919

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2009
Messages
2,311
Reaction score
1,988
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Re: The NFL Thread

Eagles are failing so hard..... :(
 

BASED Shinigami

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2011
Messages
1,836
Reaction score
634
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: The NFL Thread

Eagles are failing so hard..... :(
Yeah they're done for the season. I wonder if Andy Reid will be there next season :p

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

I'm so sad :crying Gronk broke his forearm I wonder how long he'll be out :wtf
 
Top