Fall NFL Thread

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Yeah, Gary, I don't know. I mean, when we saw him dragging her out, what exactly did people think? The fact that he only got the two game suspension in the first place is a travesty.

Goodell should be fired, you're right. There's no way that the NFL/Ravens hadn't seen the truth of the matter, but even if they hadn't, come on, he clearly knocked her out.

I'd like to see a wholesale firing of NFL officials and some of the Ravens officials. I don't think Harbaugh needs to go, but the President and GM probably need to go.
I'm not going to blame the entire Ravens organization. It's clear that there was a concerted effort to shift blame equally via the victim-blaming tweet, so some people at The Castle might have been stupid and naive to believe what Rice was saying and only care about what he does on the field. I'm thinking about Harbaugh, coaches, teammates. But people in charge of the PR department, like Kevin Byrne, deserves to lose his job. This is a fucking joke.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,848
Reaction score
23,517
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Goodell is the guy that needs to be fired. If he didn't see that tape before handing out punishment he's incompetent. If he did then he's even worse. I mean, now I hear when he interviewed Ray Rice's wife about the incident Ray Rice was allowed to be in the room. WTF!!! That's just insane. Especially if he had seen that video before the meeting, which he should have.

Obviously anybody who saw that tape and was still trying to smooth things over for Ray Rice needs to go. Ravens, NFL front office, and whatever DA handled his case. I sorta doubt Harbaugh or most of the core football people knew much since it isn't something they would have needed to. But whoever their legal guy is would have had to have seen that tape along with the front office people who assess player penalties for the Ravens organization, just like Goodell.
 
Last edited:

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
This is amazing.

 
Last edited by a moderator:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Nothing about Detroit screams "amazing" to me
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
how about them dolphins skipping on the mackerael and having canned brady:x3
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Sports in Baltimore has not been the most relaxing, over the least few days -_-;

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

So, yeah. Bad week for the NFL.

 
Last edited by a moderator:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Roger Goodell is having the worst week ever.

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

The NFL week started with wife beating, and ends with child abuse. No words.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,848
Reaction score
23,517
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Roger Goodell is having the worst week ever.

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

The NFL week started with wife beating, and ends with child abuse. No words.
The question is how long before national media realizes the NFL's open secret. There is a reason why so many NFL players recover from injuries with a six month recovery time a like three months, gain and lose 40 pounds of muscle on a whim, and move faster and hit harder than they ever did before. And I don't believe for a second it's advances in physical conditioning. If that was the case the NFLPA wouldn't have resisted HGH testing for so long.

And I have a hard time believing it's just a coincidence that a common symptom for various PEDs is boughts of rage. I feel like the NFL is in the middle of it's steroid era and we just haven't acknowledged it yet.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
The question is how long before national media realizes the NFL's open secret. There is a reason why so many NFL players recover from injuries with a six month recovery time a like three months, gain and lose 40 pounds of muscle on a whim, and move faster and hit harder than they ever did before. And I don't believe for a second it's advances in physical conditioning. If that was the case the NFLPA wouldn't have resisted HGH testing for so long.

And I have a hard time believing it's just a coincidence that a common symptom for various PEDs is boughts of rage. I feel like the NFL is in the middle of it's steroid era and we just haven't acknowledged it yet.
I have no doubt that you are right, that the NFL has a PED problem. Don't forget CTE. That could also be a contributing factor to all the off the field problems. Look at John Abraham. He just retired because he has been plagued by memory loss for at least a year. He's in his thirties. That's insane. HGH, CTE, designer drugs, and money are a horrible combination. Has the NFL signed the new drug deal with the NFLPA? I've heard conflicting reports. If they did we might finally get HGH testing.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
And I have a hard time believing it's just a coincidence that a common symptom for various PEDs is boughts of rage. I feel like the NFL is in the middle of it's steroid era and we just haven't acknowledged it yet.
While that's true, that seems like such a cop-out in domestic violent cases to me. Ray Rice was drunk.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
While that's true, that seems like such a cop-out in domestic violent cases to me. Ray Rice was drunk.
It's not the only reason, but I think that it contributes.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,848
Reaction score
23,517
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
While that's true, that seems like such a cop-out in domestic violent cases to me. Ray Rice was drunk.
It's definitely not the sole cause but as Frosty said. It's probably a contributing factor. Are there any positions where players could get more of an edge by PED use than running back and linebacker? These days when I look at a dominate players at those positions. My first thought isn't wow what physcial force. It's good lord what is that man on.

It's really the reason I hate Goodells handling of concussions most. If he really wanted to make the game safer he'd use all of his power to force the drug policy to be olympic level. That would be way more effective at preventing injuries and CTE than rule changes favoring the offense but it didn't fit with his agenda. Only now has he managed to get HGH testing through and I'd be surprised if there isn't some kind of loophole for a masking substance because I think he only cares about the appearance of doing something. As opposed to actually cleaning up the league.

If he really cared he would have stopped teams from giving players cortesone injections on the sidelines. There is something very wrong with giving players painkillers so they can go out there and get hurt more. The reason they are in pain is because there body is telling them they shouldn't be out there. Every time I see a team do it, I'm stunned by just how little the league cares about the well being of it's players.

People are going to be assholes, and players are people, there's nothing the league can do about that other than punish severly and try to change the culture. But there are chemicals which increase the likelihood someone will behave violently, and I have no doubt a huge number of players in the league are taking them and have been for a long time, and I think the league knows it too.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,848
Reaction score
23,517
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm not a big deadspin fan but they nailed the headline.

"Goodell: I Suck At My Job. Now Trust Me."
 
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
God, Benjy crashing the press conference is the best thing ever...
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Unfucking real


Those insane press conferences make a lot more sense now. The Ravens threw Harbough under the bus, forcing him to defend a player he wanted to cut in February.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Lol holy shit...

Yeah but it reflects on Harbaugh poorly as well, basically lying and calling him "a heckuva guy". I think most coaches wouldn't have wanted the distraction, Ray Rice hasn't been a franchise player for a while.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Lol holy shit...

Yeah but it reflects on Harbaugh poorly as well, basically lying and calling him "a heckuva guy". I think most coaches wouldn't have wanted the distraction, Ray Rice hasn't been a franchise player for a while.
I wouldn't hold it against Harbough. He's still an employee of the team, and probably had little say in the matter. Either toe the party line or suffer the consequences.
 
Last edited:
Top