- Joined
- Dec 18, 2011
- Messages
- 588
- Reaction score
- 362
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
Re: Nisekoi Hangout Thread
Let me clarify something with you about Nisekoi's "Episodic Nature" and why people are annoyed with it. It's because in the beginning, we are presented with a premise that appears to be constantly moving forward and progresses on some level. The problem with the episodic chapters is that things feel both repetitive and most importantly at a stand still. There is absolutely nothing in the recent chapter that moves this story along other than "time" by which the manga could have easily skipped over. It's frustrating because we want to keep moving forward but the chapters don't feel as if they're doing so, it's for the same reason why you find Onodera annoying because it doesn't feel like the manga is even trying!
...and wouldn't you know it? It in fact ISN'T trying.
The interview was interesting and enlightened me, I shouldn't be ranting about Nisekoi's story moving slower than molasses. No, I should just stop reading all together because now I know, for a fact, that this was meant to be stretched out and episodic. It's not like this manga is objectively terrible but, for me, it's just way too boring and repetitive now. The only time I feel the manga gets 'good' is when Ruri is the focus with Shuu somewhere else involved, and for me, even if it sounds a bit traditionalist, I should be able to CARE about my protagonists in some way, shape, or form and I just don't anymore. If you use logic it's pretty obvious Raku's going to end up with Chitoge and even if he doesn't it runs the risk of being forced because no one really has an even balance. Naoshi's minor charms are pretty much been the only thing keeping me from dropping the manga before but that can only go for so long and now that I know what I do now, I'm going to do the same thing I did with bleach: Stop putting myself in this metal wreck and wait for it to end to see if it was worth anything or not.
Let me clarify something with you about Nisekoi's "Episodic Nature" and why people are annoyed with it. It's because in the beginning, we are presented with a premise that appears to be constantly moving forward and progresses on some level. The problem with the episodic chapters is that things feel both repetitive and most importantly at a stand still. There is absolutely nothing in the recent chapter that moves this story along other than "time" by which the manga could have easily skipped over. It's frustrating because we want to keep moving forward but the chapters don't feel as if they're doing so, it's for the same reason why you find Onodera annoying because it doesn't feel like the manga is even trying!
...and wouldn't you know it? It in fact ISN'T trying.
The interview was interesting and enlightened me, I shouldn't be ranting about Nisekoi's story moving slower than molasses. No, I should just stop reading all together because now I know, for a fact, that this was meant to be stretched out and episodic. It's not like this manga is objectively terrible but, for me, it's just way too boring and repetitive now. The only time I feel the manga gets 'good' is when Ruri is the focus with Shuu somewhere else involved, and for me, even if it sounds a bit traditionalist, I should be able to CARE about my protagonists in some way, shape, or form and I just don't anymore. If you use logic it's pretty obvious Raku's going to end up with Chitoge and even if he doesn't it runs the risk of being forced because no one really has an even balance. Naoshi's minor charms are pretty much been the only thing keeping me from dropping the manga before but that can only go for so long and now that I know what I do now, I'm going to do the same thing I did with bleach: Stop putting myself in this metal wreck and wait for it to end to see if it was worth anything or not.








