Shounen Nisekoi by Naoshi Komi

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

I partially agree with you. She is rather calm and gentle and Chitoge is outshining her, but she shouldn't. If Onodera loves Raku, she should fight for him. Steal Chitoge's spotlight and show some passion, some affection. I rarely ever get the impression that she would do anything to get him, while Chitoge is slowly developing feelings for Raku and reacts with jealousy to Mari's provocations.
but isn't that just wishful thinking? Of course I would love it when she gets more active (and I'm pretty sure she will at some point) but that's her character - would be awkward if she would pull a Chitoge now and get all jealous etc

She will have to act at some point but she will do it in her own way, probably approaching Raku in a calm way while being totally nervous. Komi knows how to handle his characters so I have faith that it will turn out entertaining, fun and cute.
 

MangaPage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
81
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Seems like everyone (almost) here is for Chitoge, me included. I agree Onodera is too plain, and her being shy is not an excuse, there are plenty interesting characters like that. Komi should make her better, give her some particularity, or else she will definitely lose in comparison with Chitoge. It would be better if readers were divided between the two (three) of them, after all she is the one Raku likes so it’s also probable he’ll end up with her and most people wouldn’t be satisfied with that at this rate. As for Mari, it's too soon to say anything, but I think someone introduced this late into the series will end up being the one.
 

MangaPage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
81
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Just read chap. 37, and I think it might have been the best Nisekoi chapter we’ve had in a while. The part with Mari’s dad was soooo funny. «So, is your girlfriend the girl you like?» «Ermmm…». I think Komi has a talent for creating interesting dads... I remember in Double Arts I really liked Kiri's dad, although he wasn’t a major character.
By the way, did you notice that the initial ideas of DA and Nisekoi are similar? DA was about a boy and a girl being forced to hold hands forever, and Nisekoi is about a boy and a girl being forced to date.
 

Zeromcd

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
849
Reaction score
5,875
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Special Jump Comic interchangeable Comic Cover






---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

Jump NEXT! special chapter



 
Last edited:

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

It's nice to see Oonodera gets some additional screen-time. Hopefully this will get translated.
 

Knifeshade

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2010
Messages
716
Reaction score
622
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Hopefully this will get translated.
It's titled "Newly Wed". Raku comes home to be greeted by Onodera who has prepared an amazing dinner. And they have a dog named Kirisaki. Haha. And then Onodera says something like "After dinner, let's take a bath together". And this is when Raku wakes up from his dream. XD Who curses that he couldn't see more. Last panel shows that Onodera had the same dream, except she saw more. XD

Not going to spoiler tag, it's nothing major.


- - - - -

Chapter 38 is strictly Raku + Onodera screentime.

While they're on break, Onodera asks Raku if he could help out at their shop. Raku and Onodera are eventually left at the shop by themselves, 'cause Onodera's mother had to go out, and then a typhoon comes up so she won't be back anytime and is told Raku should stay the night now.

Oh and there's this funny scene with Onodera's mother. XD

 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Yay, more Oonodera screentime!

Didn't expect her mom to be this way, but I like her. Good chapter. Can't wait for the next one!
 
Last edited:

MangaPage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
81
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Haha, Onodera's mum is so funny. You can tell from the first page in which she appeared that she's the exact opposite of Onodera. I said before that Komi has a special gift for making parents interesting, and he might seriously have one. And Ruri's expression when Onodera told her Raku was going to come to her house was also amazing. Nisekoi's art is really expressive! Glad to see the manga is keeping its good quality, and even improving it.

Also, Googlez_kun, could you please spoiler tag your posts? I know you said nothing really important, but it's still better.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Haha, Onodera's mum is so funny. You can tell from the first page in which she appeared that she's the exact opposite of Onodera. I said before that Komi has a special gift for making parents interesting, and he might seriously have one. And Ruri's expression when Onodera told her Raku was going to come to her house was also amazing. Nisekoi's art is really expressive! Glad to see the manga is keeping its good quality, and even improving it.

Also, Googlez_kun, could you please spoiler tag your posts? I know you said nothing really important, but it's still better.
Yeah, the art is always fresh and interesting.

I usually use spoiler tags when the chapter isn't released yet, but I never look at spoilers, so basically, there's no point for me to use them, since I always assume people already read the chapter. Though I could add "Chapter xx is released, here are my thoughts..." at the beginning or something along those lines.
Trust me, I hate spoilers and spoiling the chapter for others.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

As cute as this chapter was... I just realised how much I missed Chitoge D: Onodera is cute and likeable and all but she really is just too plain at the moment. She is able to shine when she's together with Ruri but her interactions with Raku aren't that entertaining/interesting :/
 

Limit

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2011
Messages
106
Reaction score
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Onodera's moment's with Raku and her mom were pretty funny this chapter. Can't wait to see what happens between them next chapter, it'll probably be hilarious, just as every chapter is.

@naruto-niichan I prefer Chitoge too and rather see her, but if Onodera is going to be a love rival, then she needs screentime. xD
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Onodera's moment's with Raku and her mom were pretty funny this chapter. Can't wait to see what happens between them next chapter, it'll probably be hilarious, just as every chapter is.

@naruto-niichan I prefer Chitoge too and rather see her, but if Onodera is going to be a love rival, then she needs screentime. xD
Nothing wrong with that, I like Onodera too but I feel like she still lacks something. I think I discusses it with googlez some time ago, she is too bland compared to Chitoge or even Marika. At least that's how I feel because the only thing that comes to mind when I think of her is cute and/or loveable.

Despite that it was definitely a funny chapter, Nisekoi rarely disappoints.
 

MangaPage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
81
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Yes we did have such a discussion some time ago, and I agree Onodera is too plain, she doesn't have anything other about her than just being cute, but I think now that we are not in the first chapters anymore it's too late to add that "other thing about her". The author just has to hope to compensate this with more Onodera screentime (as he is doing now) but without ignoring Chitoge and/or making things boring. Anyway, as long as there's the humour and overall quality to compensate this small lack, it will always be very enjoyable :). I didn't mind this chapter at all so for me it's going in the good direction, though I think in the end the majority of the readers will still prefer Chitoge.
 

thatguy3331

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
588
Reaction score
362
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Well screw you guys I'm an onedera fan, though really I have a tendancy to have a soft spot for those types of characters, so whatever...I'll ramble about it some other time. In gerneral though, I Like all the leads sofar Chitoge definetly one of the better tsunderes I DON'T get annoyed with.

With the recent axing of Barrage/Bulge, its nice to see this series do fairly well from what I can tell (unless I hear polls saying otherwise) and Ondedera getting screen time after a while is a plus for me, as for where it leads from here on, I could only guess. I was so sure Chitoge would come in at any second or someone else but the ending of this chapter was the exact opposite XD
 

predsfan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2008
Messages
843
Reaction score
121
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Anyone else rooting for a Raku/Tsugumi ending. Kind of sucks that I'm rooting for the least likely pairing to occur, but dammit, I like Tsugumi :p. Anyways, dat Ruri face literally made me lol. Love the way Komi does those kinds of faces, and how most the time they come out of nowhere.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

As plain as Onodera might be, I actually liked her in this chapter. Her interactions with Raku were nice. Not really all that entertaining and hilarious when compared to his interactions with Chitoge, but still nice. It felt as though they were destined to be a couple. A rather boring one, yes, but still one that works and lasts long.

Though it's still Chitoge>Onodera for me.:hurr
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Yes, not that hilarious but still.... they were really cute together :hurr enjoyed the chapter a lot, couldn't help but smile about their interactions. When Onodera was writing that message I was actually thinking "God, send it please" but ofc it didn't happen.

There was a pretty nice chemistry between the two so the chapter actually made me root for the couple a bit. Still prefer Chitoge over her but man, Komi sure knows how to make all the possible couples stand out~
 
Top