Shounen Nisekoi by Naoshi Komi

MangaPage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
81
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Chapters 39 & 40 are out. It's a good thing scans are catching up.

Chapter 39: Damn you typhoon :darn! Just how long will my quest for a typhoon-that-can-read-moods take? And Raku and Onodera trying to find a conversation topic... :p «That game is the gravesite for all conversations once you've exhausted all possible topics!!»

Chapter 40: Haha, so in the end the machine was unplugged. Claude really still hasn't figured out that a certain somebody is not a boy... I wonder who it migh be?
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Chapter 40 is really cute.

Man, now I really want Tsugumi has the same chance with Chitoge and Onodera as Raku's future girlfriend. Her reaction on the last page is just amazing, and I love ho Shuu always trolling Tsugumi when she is around Raku.
 

masgrande

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2009
Messages
668
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

I'm starting to think that Claude might be a huge idiot.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Chapters 39 & 40 are out. It's a good thing scans are catching up.

Chapter 39: Damn you typhoon :darn! Just how long will my quest for a typhoon-that-can-read-moods take? And Raku and Onodera trying to find a conversation topic... :p «That game is the gravesite for all conversations once you've exhausted all possible topics!!»

Chapter 40: Haha, so in the end the machine was unplugged. Claude really still hasn't figured out that a certain somebody is not a boy... I wonder who it migh be?
That typhoon part was my favorite. :lmao
Really loved that chapter. It was a much-needed one. It's nice to see Onodera likes him just as much as Raku likes her.

Nice sig btw.
 

MangaPage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
81
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

By the way, I thought of a presentation phrase for Nisekoi. What do you think of this: «A manga about a constant city-scale destruction menace due to irregular relationships between yakuza, gangsters and the police, and their leaders' respective sons». I think it depicts the universe of Nisekoi quite well :nod.

I'm starting to think that Claude might be a huge idiot.
Claude is the biggest lie the mangaka has told us. He makes Claude suspect that Raku & Chitoge's relationship is fake so that we believe he is the clever guy in the middle of the idiot yakuza and the idiot gangsters, but really he just suspects them because he himself doesn't want to believe it's true, and not because he deduced it cleverly. So in the end we find out that no, to rule stupid gangsters one doesn't have to be a more clever gangster, but instead a more idiot gangster. So yes basically he's a huge idiot :) and I should add idiot before "yakuza" and "gangsters" in my presentation phrase.

Anyone else rooting for a Raku/Tsugumi ending. Kind of sucks that I'm rooting for the least likely pairing to occur, but dammit, I like Tsugumi :p.
As much as I like Tsugumi, I don't think she will ever be a character to seriously consider as a candidate for Raku. Tsugumi's role just isn't that, she's a funny character but not a funny candidate. Her role is more like Shuu's or Ruri's, she's useful for interactions between the characters but for me she doesn't actually count as a Raku-candidate. Tsugumi is a faithful helper of Chitoge, and even loving Raku she would never take him away from Chitoge, it's just a scenario that doesn't fit. Of course, that does not prevent her from being funny, interesting, and/or important to the story, nor does it stop the author from developing her or giving her more attention, and I look forward to more funny moments with her related to her love for Raku. I'm just saying I think it's best to apreciate her just as a non-candidate character (and a very good one), though I feel sorry for people who are really rooting for that ending. Well, you never know, with Nisekoi :amuse.

That typhoon part was my favorite. :lmao
Really loved that chapter. It was a much-needed one. It's nice to see Onodera likes him just as much as Raku likes her.

Nice sig btw.
Thanks. It's actually thanks to you that I have this sig, you wrote about The Walking Man in another thread and I felt like reading it again, and my eye cought this picture, to which I added the Kanji tsuki. (Sorry for the off-topic)
Yes it was an important chapter, and sweet too :).
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

By the way, I thought of a presentation phrase for Nisekoi. What do you think of this: «A manga about a constant city-scale destruction menace due to irregular relationships between yakuza, gangsters and the police, and their leaders' respective sons». I think it depicts the universe of Nisekoi quite well :nod.

As much as I like Tsugumi, I don't think she will ever be a character to seriously consider as a candidate for Raku. Tsugumi's role just isn't that, she's a funny character but not a funny candidate. Her role is more like Shuu's or Ruri's, she's useful for interactions between the characters but for me she doesn't actually count as a Raku-candidate. Tsugumi is a faithful helper of Chitoge, and even loving Raku she would never take him away from Chitoge, it's just a scenario that doesn't fit. Of course, that does not prevent her from being funny, interesting, and/or important to the story, nor does it stop the author from developing her or giving her more attention, and I look forward to more funny moments with her related to her love for Raku. I'm just saying I think it's best to apreciate her just as a non-candidate character (and a very good one), though I feel sorry for people who are really rooting for that ending. Well, you never know, with Nisekoi :amuse.
I think rather than irregular relationships, love rectangle depicts the condition perfectly :XD

For Tsugumi's role, yeah I feel that too. She's too loyal to Chitoge, to take Raku away from her is just unlikely considering her personality (even though she was imagining nasty things, back then). One thing that a little bit annoys me is that she is kinda disadvantaged by such situation, where Onodera and Marisa basically have the same "chance" with Chitoge to be Raku's spouse.

Spoilers for Chapter 41 and 42

Chapter 41 : So basically Raku and Chitoge find a stray dog, and how the dog at the first time does not treat Chitoge nicely. Nothing much happened plot wise.

Chapter 42 : Chitoge and Raku going to Tanabata festival. Without their knowledge, Onodera and Marisa are also present at the same festival. Conflict happens when Chitoge and Raku entering a shrine, where both of them get separated, even though they are holding each other's hand. Raku frantically looking for Chitoge, coincidentally take Onodera's hand instead. Chitoge is still lost.

---------- Post added September 20, 2012 at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was September 14, 2012 at 08:21 AM ----------

Chapter 41 is out, in case you haven't read it yet. Honestly I don't mind if we get several episodic chapters in a while, It's good to reduce the tension :pleased

It's funny how Chitoge is not only being a tsundere towards Raku, but to a puppy as well :XD
 
Last edited:

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,224
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

The dog going at her all the time was just.... :rofl it was a really enjoyable chapter for me, Raku and Chitoge are always win. And while Chitoge may not be easy to handle she can be so upperly cute. It was nice to see that she got close to the dog too and how Raku cared for her at the end. Her face when she had to give the dog away was just soo :wtf
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Didn't really like the chapter much to be honest. Waaay to cliché.
Though it was nice to get a softer side to Chitoge.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,224
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Didn't really like the chapter much to be honest. Waaay to cliché.
Though it was nice to get a softer side to Chitoge.
Well it was cliche but Chitoge/Raku is always great for me. The expressions Komi draws never fail either.

So I guess I understand where you're coming from, I'm probably just too much of a Chitoge fanboy :XD
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Well it was cliche but Chitoge/Raku is always great for me. The expressions Komi draws never fail either.

So I guess I understand where you're coming from, I'm probably just too much of a Chitoge fanboy :XD
Fair enough. :P

Wonder if Komi will continue with those episodic chapters. School should start soon, but I guess another calm chapter with them hanging out should be nice.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Fair enough. :P

Wonder if Komi will continue with those episodic chapters. School should start soon, but I guess another calm chapter with them hanging out should be nice.
In chapter 42, we would get another mini-arc going on. Festival theme :p. Honestly I prefer lighthearted episodic chapters, since I don't want Nisekoi main storyline progressing too fast and becomes dull in the end.
 

Knifeshade

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2010
Messages
716
Reaction score
622
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

But at the same time, there's only so much before it feels like you're dragging it out in a repetitive fashion without making ends meet.

Can anybody picture this going longer than 200 chapters? I've had mixed feelings ever since Marika was introduced to the story and the yakuza vs gangster problematic hook disappeared. Yes, we still see Raku and Chitoge pretend to be in a relationship. But infront of everybody who knows they're faking it (minus two), it doesn't have that same grasp like when it was first introduced, it feels forced now, and we're continuously just watching ideas being thrown at the wall and seeing what sticks.

/shrugs

Love the Chitoge x Raku moments, though.
 

Enn

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2011
Messages
207
Reaction score
178
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

This has started to bore me. The chapters were fun, but the fun feels repetitive. It also leaves me apprehending every time we get to have a chapter out of the actual plot, the end comes next or else the drag feels forced. This is like Bleach anime with lots of fillers.

I will wait for more chapters before I get back to reading this.
 

MangaPage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
81
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Well, yes, the problem with this sort of story is that it’s not suited for a long-run. However, so far, it has not been boring to me. Even though maybe I liked the first chapters more, so far recent chapters have not disappointed me too. You may call some chapters filler, but I think Komi manages really well the interactions between the characters and manages to create a nice atmosphere in those chapters, so I don’t feel like it’s too repetitive yet, and this sort of story evolution makes the author use his strong points… I think it’s just a question of whether you like it or not. For me most Nisekoi chapters are fresh, have quality and humor… But it’s true I don’t see Nisekoi becoming a very long series at all, it would just become a stupid harem manga not different from the others, and I think Komi knows when to stop before it becomes too boring, and find a good proportion between story progress and episodic chapters.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,562
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Did anyone else get turned on by a blushing Onodera?? I did :hip. Also, am I sensing a ShuuxRuri pairing??

Lastly, who do you think dressed the best?? Onodera, Chitoge, Tsugumi, or Tachibana?? my pick is Chitoge. Her hair held up looked great and fit perfectly with the Yukata.

P.S.: love Chitoge misunderstanding Raku's gesture. Probably my favourite moment in the series so far.
 

Dark Matter

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 1, 2012
Messages
24
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
Dominican Republic
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

I still find this series fairly enjoyable myself, otherwise I wouldn't be constantly checking for updates eagerly. Hoping for some plot developement by the next chapter, or at least some yakuza drama.

How long can you guys picture this series running for? Somwhere around 80+ for me.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

I still find this series fairly enjoyable myself, otherwise I wouldn't be constantly checking for updates eagerly. Hoping for some plot developement by the next chapter, or at least some yakuza drama.

How long can you guys picture this series running for? Somwhere around 80+ for me.
Depends. I feel that if Komi is able to make good episodic chapters, I predict producing 14-15 volumes is reasonable (this is unscientific calculation, don't ask where did I get this number). Then again, who knows what will happen in the future.

The next chapter is probably where s@#t is getting serious. Cannot wait for it getting translated.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Chapter 44 is out...

And woah! I didn't expect Onodera to be that straightforward! I doubt they'll end up kissing, but if Raku isn't a complete retard, he should notice that Onodera likes him as well. Things should get more interesting from then on.
 

Dark Matter

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 1, 2012
Messages
24
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
Dominican Republic
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Chap 44

Well, well, well.... NOTHING'S COMING TO MIND!!!
jk.

ot quite what I was expecting from Onodera but hey, it's another step forward to something hopefully good later on so I'm cool with it.
 
Top