Shounen Nisekoi by Naoshi Komi

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

50th Chapter is Out, by the way.

I think this new chapter is good, but not as good as the previous one. I'm quite happy with the Chitoge's action after she admitted her feelings for Raku and I think this chapter is showing us a little a "new" Chitoge who is more open (and possibly kinder) towards Raku. The last scene is pretty too, obviously it was made by Komi to give a chance for Onodera after what happened in last chapter was kinda tied up the relationship between Raku and Chitoge.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

I think there was no real way to top the last chapter, but as far as the start of year two coulda gone for Nisekoi this is neat enough. A reminder that whilst the star romance has made some real progress, there's a reason Onodera is such a vital presence to the series. Be good to see how the triangle'll work in future arcs now that Chitoge's gone through this growth

EDIT: literally as I pressed post Hisashi Sasaki confirmed on twitter that Nisekoi will be appearing in Shonen Jump Alpha in two week's time. So uh... That's licensed now, innit
 
Last edited:

TXC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
930
Reaction score
188
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Thanks for the news, I'm really happy that viz pick this one up! about time something I want from Shueisha was licensed.
 

MangaPage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
81
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Chapter 51 is out.

I preferred it to last week's chapter (maybe because I prefer Chitoge to Onodera but still this one was more likeable in my opinion). While chapter 50 was nice, I think it was just a necessary chapter to keep Onodera's importance and give her some attention, while this one is more enjoyable to me. It's interesting to see how Chitoge reacts to her newly discovered feelings and it also becomes comedic, like how she gets stupidly happy when Raku praises her even knowing it's fake praising. I wonder how things will evolve from here? We will probably have some episodic chapters for a little while but eventually the situation will have to evolve.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Enjoyed the chapter a lot, I have to say that's one of the most realistic portrayals of love I have seen in a shounen. It made me surprisingly happy when Chitoge hid from Raku and looked a showcase to check if she looks good :blai her new way of acting was so totally cute, made me root for Chitoge x Raku even more.

Only thing I kind of disliked and was obvious is Raku being all dumb and saying she is hungry :bored that's so generic but I guess I can forgive Komi for that one.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
23,527
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

I'm also enjoying Nisekoi a lot. It's an odd series in that it doesn't really do anything new, it just does what it does extremely well.

I genuinely like almost all the characters and just seeing their hilarious reactions to the simplest of things keeps me happily coming back to read more.:^_^

-------------------------------------------

That being said I'm kinda out on Onodera right now. Maybe it's just a matter of me not being much for the vanilla love interests but I like everything a lot more when it focuses on Chitoge, Tachibana, and Tsugumi. But maybe that's just a matter of personal tastes.:amuse
 
Last edited:

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

I'm kinda with you on Onodera. She always comes off as a stronger character when she's doing things that help Chitoge and Raku, so it's like... Why root for her, when she's at her best not actually pursuing Raku at all?
 

MangaPage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
81
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

I have to agree, I'm not really interested in Onodera. I don't think it's just a matter of personal tastes, though. Of course, it's always a matter of that to some extent, but I think apart from that Onodera really lacks strength for an important character. We've already had this discussion some time ago in this thread, but she's way too plain, and that's probably the greatest flaw I can find in the series. I think putting apart personal likings, as a manga character Onodera is quite weak, especially considering her important role. Even with Komi giving her a lot of screentime, it's difficult for her stand out with the way her personality was written. Well, now there's nothing to do that could change it drastically, and it's not like it interferes a lot in enjoying the series, but now Chitoge realized her feelings, so with Onodera not standing that much of a chance, her role might become even less relevant.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

I didn't like chapter 52. I hope there aren't anymore like that.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

I didn't like chapter 52. I hope there aren't anymore like that.
Well, it's understandable that Komi wants to have some filler chapters to lighten the atmosphere, but I agree, this one was bad...
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Chapter 53 was really cute, major improvement over 52. I loved the title page too even though it was pretty simple.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

Man these light done-in-ones are where Komi really gets to shine on the art front. His whole deal is those facial expressions and man, did 53 have them up the arse. Utterly aces all round.
 

Knifeshade

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2010
Messages
716
Reaction score
622
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

I can't help but feel the mangaka doesn't know where to take the story and is just throwing stuff out there until he comes up with something.

Now is where the real story begins indeed....
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

I can't help but feel the mangaka doesn't know where to take the story and is just throwing stuff out there until he comes up with something.

Now is where the real story begins indeed....
Not an altogether ridiculous feeling. Weekly Shonen Jump managa-ka have had a habit of not really have huge plans for series, from Akira Toriyama not having much planned beyond two volumes when he started to Yudetamago not really doing anything other than make it up as they went along till the first chojin olympics, but unless you're Takei-ing it up by moving in dramatic but ultimately useless directions it's pretty fine.

And this chapter at least felt like it had a plan to do something for more than a single chapter, which inspires some confidence in Komi (not that the episodic content felt anything less than entertaining).

... Although Double Arts is an ever-present warning that he can trip himself up something fierce, isn't it.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

I can't help but feel the mangaka doesn't know where to take the story and is just throwing stuff out there until he comes up with something.

Now is where the real story begins indeed....
Haha :XD I'm partially agree with this, since Komi always disregard our expectations lately. But hey, in his defense, I guess that's what romance mangaka do in general, I suppose.

I really hope that this new character does not become additional harem for Raku. Just don't do that, Komi.
 

MangaPage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
81
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi

I really hope that this new character does not become additional harem for Raku. Just don't do that, Komi.
That's what I'm fearing the most right now. Raku already has Chitoge, Onodera, Mari and Tsugumi with a crush for him. I can still accept those we have until now, but the story's reached the point where adding another one again would ruin it. Well, that's what you would normally expect in succesfull shonen romance manga, character usually develops a harem because to make it last longer, but Nisekoi isn't really a common jump romance after all, so I'm hoping this character's only purpose is developing Tsugumi's side, and not forming a crush of her own, and I think there's some possibility it's like that, it seems to me she just proposed this kind of match because she noticed that Tsugumi likes Raku.

About the mangaka not knowing what to do now, I have a bit of that feeling too, he has some ideas but not really a solid direction he wants to take the story to. But even with this, some chapters, like 53, have been great. I just don't want it to drag on and on and lose the story quality just to make it last longer.
 

Knifeshade

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2010
Messages
716
Reaction score
622
Gender
Hidden
Country
Hong Kong
Re: Nisekoi by KOMI Naoshi



Komi never ceases to amaze me with his expressions each and every week.
 
Top