Discussion - Official Brandish μ Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Official Brandish μ Thread

Will Brandish join FT?

• Total voters

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I don't believe @Brandish doesn't have an official thread of her own.Even Invel has one

Brandish

Team:Spriggan 12
Relatives:Grammy

Magic:Command T
Mass Manipulation

Nickname:Country Demolisher

Current status:Nearly defected to Fairytail.Great friends with Lucy,Happy and Natsu.Saved Natsu's life once.And Gray Juvias too.We can discuss here about Brandish like we did with Invel

Last edited:

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Brandish has been an interesting character to say the least. Her magic is definitely interesting with how it's uses can vary, and in battle being able to do what she did with Lucy's attack was pretty cool so it's definitely got uses in and out of combat. Character-wise, I don't mind her outfit :hurr and her personality was interesting too, she was like Shrek/an onion in that she had some layers to it and her having ties to Lucy felt a little out of the blue for me, but is still something that can be played on in the future if Hiro really wants to. Overall, out of a disappointing bunch of antagonists, I'd say Brandish has been one of the average or ones.

As for do I think she'll join Fairy Tail, possibly at this point, but at the same time it wouldn't surprise me if she didn't but turned good.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
My favorite thing about Brandish besides obvious things is her lackadaisical attitude towards stuff. She's just cool and chills. In a way that's a determent towards her standing in regards to following Zeref's orders even if she swore loyalty to him but I don't really mind. One of the best characters in the arc, but there's a feeling it could of been more. Her future development will surely be interesting to watch since "her heart goes out to FT".

GamerSkull

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Brandish is one of my favorite Spriggans and a part of me kind of wants her to join Fairy Tail but I'm not sure if she will. Either way, it's gonna take a lot of effort for her to reconcile her with DiMaria if she does go back to Alvarez.

Last edited:

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
To answer the question in the poll... No, I don't think Brandish will join Fairy Tail. Here are the reasons why...

1. Brandish's Loyalty To Alvarez

Even though Brandish doesn't consider Natsu and Lucy as her enemies, she still cares for her own country. Not to mention, she technically devoted her life to Zeref. But assuming he's gone, I still think she would stay as a citizen of Alvarez. After all, it's where she grew up so she must have some fond memories there.

2. Rarely Anybody Joins Fairy Tail

As the series progressed, nobody ever really joined Fairy Tail. Even characters like Sho, Wally, Millianna, Jellal, Yukino, and Silver all decided to move on with their lives. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only people who has ever joined Fairy Tail were Gajeel and Wendy. And in my opinion, that was mainly due plot since they were dragon slayers. (I know Lucy also joined Fairy Tail but I'm not talking about the very beginning of the series.)

3. Who's Going To Accept Her?

Before Makarov died, he was always the one who made the decisions since he was the master. Now that he is dead (hopefully...please don't come back...), that means the new master will decide who joins the guild. Besides Lucy, I don't see anybody else going out of their way to make Brandish join the guild. Of course, Fairy Tail never makes enemies out of previous foes but at the same time, they don't really recruit anyone they can find.

Conclusion

Anyways, I think that any Spriggan that is still alive after this war will return to their homeland. They might become allies and fight alongside Fairy Tail to defeat Acnologia but that's about it. Or they might just go M.I.A (Missing in Action) like Rustyrose and Grimoire Heart. Either way, they won't join Fairy Tail. But then, I could be wrong about all of this...

Oh... I just realized that a similar question is asked in the Official Dimaria Yesta Thread... Anything I said above applies there too. I only posted here because this is what I saw first. It's not that I preferred Brandish over Dimaria...

Last edited:

Gabo

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Brandish is an interesting character, I feel he still needs more background because we do not know how his relationship with August and how his life was after the death of his mother, which is a situation that could give us a good background of it.

Her power is somewhat undervalued by some because of the incident with Cana, but I think she is already by herself someone who, if not for her relationship with Lucy, could have ended the War very quickly.

Zelefomavis

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I love Brandish, her personnality is just awesome, like when she gives no f*** or when she was playing with giant happy
+ her powers are awesome
I would like for her to join FT just to see her more, but I dont think she will,she Still love Alvarez and when Zeref is going to go down I see her and other alive Spriggan making peace with Ishgar to fight Acnologia
I think she and Dimaria will become friends again in Alvarez

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I like Brandish. I ever posted some Brandish tributes in Spriggan 12 Thread few months ago after all :blush

Her character is enjoyable, and rare. I mean not many girls have such personality and I dig it. She also likes cakes/desserts/sweets like me so we can date :zomg :blush

Her magic is also unique. Shame that Mashima-sensei wasted its potential. Her shrinking Caracall Island is one of my favorite moments I want to be animated soon. Looking forward to it. It must be epic. Hope the studio doesn't disappoint me.

However, I think Brandish doesn't necessarily join FT. She could help FT in the future but her heart is steady that she is a loyal Alvarez citizen. Still, Brandish being the only one who has different viewpoint compared to the other 11 Spriggan is cool. The other 11 obey the Emperor, while Brandish finds this war pointless. That's Brandish's character I don't have.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I like some things about her :hurr Below are some of them, and other opinions. TL;DR warning

How well she is written into the story?
Her introduction was awesome. Brandish gave the 12 hype after Hyberion mentioned them, and she did it well with that casual island removal. If she had remained a villain I think she would have worked out to be one of the better ones (she can't possibly be any more trolled than she has!) . But she was to be associated with Lucy. Now while I like this a lot, it could have been written in much better. Like maybe just one glance at Lucy in particular, since she did recognise her. It felt completely random when Brandish all of a sudden referred to Lucy as Layla's daughter. This was a forced development.

Brandish' backstory...
This started quite suspect with the return of Aquarius. From my knowledge she was gone from FT, yet without a key she still appeared out of nowhere. Essentially, Brandish' backstory ushered in Layla's role with the Dragon Slayers, and why Layla died. I felt this fit in well despite my gripes with Eclipse itself, and the aforementioned forced development. Seeing Grammi and a young Brandish was a nice panel. Grammi's final words to protect Brandish were also important for her emotionally. So it was a bit of a goo-lash in terms of writing, but a real tasty one for me (I enjoyed these chapters).

Her characterisation...
Brandish started carefree about her duties, and had some kind of relationship/rivalry with DiMaria. My first impressions were that Brandish might be a bit of a psycho, mixed in with some weird and/or cute quirks. After Star memories, we got to see more of her personality, and her change. This was understandable to me, since she's vulnerable at this time. She came to realise that there isn't a point in the war (what is the point? Follow Lord Zeref to genocide?) and had enough courage to negotiate with August, who himself would have heard out FT (until Mest). Brandish' ambivalence is probably best illustrated when she hugged DiMaria, and of course when she actually spoke of it. Along with Irene, Brandish has more development and complexity as a character than the other shields (not a big feat), and is up there relative to other well developed villains in the series.

Her role as a FT healer...
It's pretty convenient that she can shrink wounds and the like. With a glass half empty Brandish is used to keep FT alive, or in the case of END, detonate him when the time is write. However these are her abilities, she just helps with the healing no different to Wendy. So even with the convenience in mind, it's what she wants and chooses to do. It fits, imo.

Joining FT?
They need to make Brandish GM and build a statue for her :handgun (it's the end of the series so it's irrelevant imo)

Interactions with other characters
  • Lucy - as a big fan of Lucy, I really like their friendship. Lucy's alluring personality is hard for Brandish to deny. A lot of Lucy's best moments this arc have been with Brandish as well.
  • Natsu/Happy - Brandish likes both of them, especially Happy's furriness :) They've got good chemistry.
  • Aquarius - this was so funny to me, can't wait for it to be animated.
  • DiMaria - from Mari's POV, Brandish betrayed her. If they are to mend their relationship, it would probably have to come from Brandish. DiMaria might come to the table if Brandish makes the first move (it's the only way I see it happening if it has to).
  • August - They have a seemingly good relationship. As expected of grandfather and granddaughter.
  • Marin - her treatment of Marin resembles what Aquarius did to her. However I still think Brandish needs to apologise (and Marin too for attempted murder).
  • Evergreen - brotp!
Future role in this arc and beyond...
Personally, I prefer her to stay in her current role of a wounded person who is treating the wounded. I hope she doesn't participate in the war other than that (still it's a treasonous act). I just hope August doesn't catch on, or Zeref. After the war, I hope she can be friends with Lucy and DiMaria.

Romance? :kappa

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
I like some things about her :hurr Below are some of them, and other opinions. TL;DR warning

How well she is written into the story?
Her introduction was awesome. Brandish gave the 12 hype after Hyberion mentioned them, and she did it well with that casual island removal. If she had remained a villain I think she would have worked out to be one of the better ones (she can't possibly be any more trolled than she has!) . But she was to be associated with Lucy. Now while I like this a lot, it could have been written in much better. Like maybe just one glance at Lucy in particular, since she did recognise her. It felt completely random when Brandish all of a sudden referred to Lucy as Layla's daughter. This was a forced development.

Brandish' backstory...
This started quite suspect with the return of Aquarius. From my knowledge she was gone from FT, yet without a key she still appeared out of nowhere. Essentially, Brandish' backstory ushered in Layla's role with the Dragon Slayers, and why Layla died. I felt this fit in well despite my gripes with Eclipse itself, and the aforementioned forced development. Seeing Grammi and a young Brandish was a nice panel. Grammi's final words to protect Brandish were also important for her emotionally. So it was a bit of a goo-lash in terms of writing, but a real tasty one for me (I enjoyed these chapters).

Her characterisation...
Brandish started carefree about her duties, and had some kind of relationship/rivalry with DiMaria. My first impressions were that Brandish might be a bit of a psycho, mixed in with some weird and/or cute quirks. After Star memories, we got to see more of her personality, and her change. This was understandable to me, since she's vulnerable at this time. She came to realise that there isn't a point in the war (what is the point? Follow Lord Zeref to genocide?) and had enough courage to negotiate with August, who himself would have heard out FT (until Mest). Brandish' ambivalence is probably best illustrated when she hugged DiMaria, and of course when she actually spoke of it. Along with Irene, Brandish has more development and complexity as a character than the other shields (not a big feat), and is up there relative to other well developed villains in the series.

Her role as a FT healer...
It's pretty convenient that she can shrink wounds and the like. With a glass half empty Brandish is used to keep FT alive, or in the case of END, detonate him when the time is write. However these are her abilities, she just helps with the healing no different to Wendy. So even with the convenience in mind, it's what she wants and chooses to do. It fits, imo.

Joining FT?
They need to make Brandish GM and build a statue for her :handgun (it's the end of the series so it's irrelevant imo)

Interactions with other characters
  • Lucy - as a big fan of Lucy, I really like their friendship. Lucy's alluring personality is hard for Brandish to deny. A lot of Lucy's best moments this arc have been with Brandish as well.
  • Natsu/Happy - Brandish likes both of them, especially Happy's furriness :) They've got good chemistry.
  • Aquarius - this was so funny to me, can't wait for it to be animated.
  • DiMaria - from Mari's POV, Brandish betrayed her. If they are to mend their relationship, it would probably have to come from Brandish. DiMaria might come to the table if Brandish makes the first move (it's the only way I see it happening if it has to).
  • August - They have a seemingly good relationship. As expected of grandfather and granddaughter.
  • Marin - her treatment of Marin resembles what Aquarius did to her. However I still think Brandish needs to apologise (and Marin too for attempted murder).
  • Evergreen - brotp!
Future role in this arc and beyond...
Personally, I prefer her to stay in her current role of a wounded person who is treating the wounded. I hope she doesn't participate in the war other than that (still it's a treasonous act). I just hope August doesn't catch on, or Zeref. After the war, I hope she can be friends with Lucy and DiMaria.

Romance? :kappa

That's a very good post if i say so myself. Great job :hi

I agree with pretty much everything, aside from ONE point.
... You want Brandish to make peace with Marin? Like, really?
I want her to stomp him endlessly so that we never get to see his face, ever. He ggets no pass from me.

I'd like Brandish and Dimaria to make peace and be best friends again, since i like Dimaria. I just can't fucking stand her stabbing Brandish. I'm still salty about that tbh, and i'd much prefer Dimaria to be the one apologizing and make the first step.
But Marin? Nah, please... <_> yeah i don't like that guy.

Anyway, yeah, just my two cents. Don't mind me

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
You want Brandish to make peace with Marin? Like, really?
I want her to stomp him endlessly so that we never get to see his face, ever. He ggets no pass from me.
What can I say I am a forgiving person. And this is FT :) But Brandish treated him badly so she kinda had it coming. I don't like Marin, he's annoying... I just want Brandish to be a good person about this and face up to her mistakes.

75ChaosFlare

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I honestly love Brandish!! She's pretty much made no critical harm to any of her superiors or equals. All we actually saw from Brandish is that she's so far the only reasonable/logical villain that as stated before doesn't really like fighting, to begin with so she just tries negotiating things out with people but will do it if Zeref orders her to. Most of the stuff she did now is show concern for people she has a soft spot for which Fairy Tail(Lucy has done for most of their enemies yet aren't seen as switching sides or betraying anyone) as well as heal Mirajane offscreen. She even states because she's a resident from the other country she's not going to betray it for ft sake out of a dime. She also doesn't beg people to trust her but go with "it's truly your own call". In a sense, she's still loyal but it's implied that later on, she's going to question that loyalty of her should things become too far. Both character-wise and power-wise are basically one of the only reasons I'm still reading it.

Though, I will admit there were a lot of things that I find kinda unnecessary like I think she would have been much better as a solo member than have a henchman, like the majority of the Spriggans were(Irene was an exception since she created her henchmen). The whole issue with Marin was incredibly forced with no proper build up one bit especially with this "mistreatment of him" was never taken seriously until that moment when she just so happened to be shackled from hand and toe as well as completely defenceless. I would have understood if she was introduced as incredibly heartless or a collector of slaves but really she didn't do anything that would warrant death plus she is his superior; I get it if he flat-out mock/ abandon her while imprisoned but killing her right on the enemies guild seemed a bit much. In the end, I hated that chapter because of how force, plot convenient as well it being last chapter of 2015 having to wait about 2 weeks for the next one. This doesn't help the fact that Marin was beaten off-screen despite what kind of power he had and later only showed up again for Lucy to use his power as a plot device just proved how little even the writer cared about it.

Overall, Brandish's relationship with most of the other characters is pretty interesting and I would like at least a flashback between her with Dimaria as well as one with August. It's probably just me but Aquarius might not be the best influence especially back when she usually treats Lucy.

Last edited:

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Brandish needs new outfit imo. Her current bikini most likely smells like blood. If DiMaria has got new one, why not Brandish as well. Right? I wonder what it will look like.....

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Brandish needs new outfit imo. Her current bikini most likely smells like blood. If DiMaria has got new one, why not Brandish as well. Right? I wonder what it will look like.....
Well i want her to get her a decent dress.

Not always in a bikini and jacket.

Jhonatas Fernandes

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Who among the Spriggan 12 do you think thay Brandish can defeat?

Gut's is the man

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Who among the Spriggan 12 do you think thay Brandish can defeat?
Neinhart (like everyone), Jacob (she doesn't were much and her magic would give her a instant win), Ajeel (can shrink any of his attack and fire bakc and shrink him down.). Probably Wahl, God serena a big maybe (really wonde rif his magic power would may him resistant),

Invel can flash freeze her so he'd win, Bloodman can poison her, Dimaria can freeze fucking time to she win's, Larcade magic has no real defense against, August is immune to any magic that doesn't come from a weapon so he would win too, Irene can enhanc eherself to being immune to the magic and turn into a dragon to fuck up Randi shit.

so in my estimation Brandish is the seventh strongest spriggan...... symbolism!

Jhonatas Fernandes

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Neinhart (like everyone), Jacob (she doesn't were much and her magic would give her a instant win), Ajeel (can shrink any of his attack and fire bakc and shrink him down.). Probably Wahl, God serena a big maybe (really wonde rif his magic power would may him resistant),

Invel can flash freeze her so he'd win, Bloodman can poison her, Dimaria can freeze fucking time to she win's, Larcade magic has no real defense against, August is immune to any magic that doesn't come from a weapon so he would win too, Irene can enhanc eherself to being immune to the magic and turn into a dragon to fuck up Randi shit.
so in my estimation Brandish is the seventh strongest spriggan...... symbolism!

Interesting...
But I don't agree with Bradman. She can turn herself in a giant and superss the poison miasma easily, I don't know.

And Levy didn't die to his poison, so...

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Brandish and Marin by a Twitter account chicken284

I think Brandish chose Marin as her subordinate because his name reminds her of Mari. Even though she is tsun tsun, she still likes Mari (as a friend of course)

:teehee

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
That's pretty good, but I can't allow Marin x Brandish :P or maybe she likes being choked

If I had drawing skills, I would make the following sequence of panels in a fan art...

• Brandish goes shopping
  • She tries on a pair of jeans, but she can get em over dat ass
  • She uses her magic on her bum (and no, I'm not making the jeans bigger)
  • Brings the jeans up to her waist sucessfully
  • She returns her rear to normal
  • Last panel - sexy Brandish pic from behind as she walks out of the shops with jeans on :kreygasm