Discussion - Official DiMaria Yesta Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Official DiMaria Yesta Thread

Which of DiMaria's outfits do you like the most?

• The first one (Gold armor, loose pants, exposing her belly button)

• The new one (Blue catsuit)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
As her friend Brandish and her husbando Larcade already has a thread of their own it is time @DiMaria Yesta gets a thread of her own

Dimaria

Team:Spriggan 12

Magic:Age Seal
God Soul Take over(Chronos)

Nickname:Valkyrie

Current status:Imprisoned by FT

Dimaria is one of the strongest Spriggans.Her control over time has given her victory over countless battles.She is considered by the fandom the fourth strongest Spriggan after the great 3(even though i put God Serena above Age Seal less Dimaria).Possesiveness over Brandish.Geats traumatised after Partial END broke through Age Seal.Shipping material with Larcade.Bit psycho.Argued with Lucy over Natsu whether Natsu is a Demon or not.Descendant of Mildean people.Possible that she will later join Brandish in helping FT.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'm a bit mixed on how I feel about Dimaria's character to be honest. I like her magic a lot and I mean, she's pretty fine in the looks department too :hurr and she had some real potential to be one of the key Spriggans imo, but her personality is where I'm mixed. I don't mind it, but I don't like it either so I'm unsure on how I feel about that. She's definitely one of the strongest of the Spriggan 12 outside of August and Irene, and I think that Hiro might've been able to use her better than what he did in the end. So yeah, I'm a bit mixed on Dimaria. Not my favourite Spriggan, but not my most hated one either

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
> DiMaria thread being created by you instead of me:

> Randi thread's OP getting more likes than this thread's
Randi thread's OP

Mari thread's OP

Firstly I just hope she still remains relevant and will fix her relationship with Randi in the future. Maybe in this arc or next arc :blush < demanding too much

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
If DiMaria and Brandish talk it out, I'm sure they can resolve their issues. DiMaria would need to come around though, there's no inkling that she will.

Up until Sherria beat her, my impression of DiMaria is that of a bully. For her to become better for me, she'd need to show more of a redeeming side. She kinda showed this after she was tortured (when she hugged Brandish and apologised), but then again she was fresh from torture so she was vulnerable at that point. Of course, Brandish betrayed her in the end, so a rift was made.

Randi thread's OP

Mari thread's OP
Facts :hip

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I'm a bit mixed on how I feel about Dimaria's character to be honest. I like her magic a lot and I mean, she's pretty fine in the looks department too :hurr and she had some real potential to be one of the key Spriggans imo, but her personality is where I'm mixed. I don't mind it, but I don't like it either so I'm unsure on how I feel about that. She's definitely one of the strongest of the Spriggan 12 outside of August and Irene, and I think that Hiro might've been able to use her better than what he did in the end. So yeah, I'm a bit mixed on Dimaria. Not my favourite Spriggan, but not my most hated one either

" Will Dimaria Turn Good? " Probably yes Hiro can find some use for her in the series judging by her body...
The question should be " Does Dimaria deserve that " tbh because I don't personally feel she does after the show she gives us ( As Sammy pointed out at this state I would prefer some different route for her because, in the end, I didn't even feel sorry for her she gets what she deserves... )

We will see I don't Mind her turning out to be good but it also something I don't care about much tbh..

She started as an interesting character but after her fights with Sky sisters ( which was one of the better fights for me in this Arc so far ) and how she was written my interested in her start dropping like faith in characters outside of FT in this Arc :kappa

X

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
If DiMaria and Brandish talk it out, I'm sure they can resolve their issues. DiMaria would need to come around though, there's no inkling that she will.

Up until Sherria beat her, my impression of DiMaria is that of a bully. For her to become better for me, she'd need to show more of a redeeming side. She kinda showed this after she was tortured (when she hugged Brandish and apologised), but then again she was fresh from torture so she was vulnerable at that point. Of course, Brandish betrayed her in the end, so a rift was made.
Agreed. Dimaria is more of a bully than anything else imo, getting off on embarrasing people, making them feel bad etc. I'm interested to see how her attitude etc. will change after the war and whether she'll be more humble or not.

Randi thread's OP

Mari thread's OP

Firstly I just hope she still remains relevant and will fix her relationship with Randi in the future. Maybe in this arc or next arc :blush < demanding too much
Is this how you're feeling?

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
We will see I don't Mind her turning out to be good but it also something I don't care about much tbh..

She started as an interesting character but after her fights with Sky sisters ( which was one of the better fights for me in this Arc so far ) and how she was written my interested in her start dropping like faith in characters outside of FT in this Arc :kappa
I can't say I wouldn't care for her at all if she turned good, but I could say it would draw a lesser appeal for me, even if she's literally one of my favorite characters. Just see no need, unless she does whatever she does with Brandish. It's ways you can incorporate a villain into the story more without being good.

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I can't say I wouldn't care for her at all if she turned good, but I could say it would draw a lesser appeal for me, even if she's literally one of my favorite characters. Just see no need, unless she does whatever she does with Brandish. It's ways you can incorporate a villain into the story more without being good.
She can turn Good without turning Good completely ( Nakamization not completed :teehee ) just let her have convo with Brandish after the war where she will apologize for her but also reminds her that Brandish have betrayed her trust and trust of Alvarez citizens and afterwards Dimaria would leave to Alvarez :cookiehand (Or Join MH there she can open strip club 24/7 :hurr )

Is this how you're feeling?
I think it's mixed with ..

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
I like Dimaria too much.She is probably the future queen of Alvarez if Larcade becomes the king.

Randi thread's OP

Mari thread's OP

So can we assume Brandish is more liked than Dimaria:teehee.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
She can turn Good without turning Good completely ( Nakamization not completed :teehee ) just let her have convo with Brandish after the war where she will apologize for her but also reminds her that Brandish have betrayed her trust and trust of Alvarez citizens and afterwards Dimaria would leave to Alvarez :cookiehand
I agree completely. I'd like to see them both go back to Alvarez and rebuild it for the better after having their views, ideals etc, changed by Fairy Tail.
I think it's mixed with ..
undefined

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I agree completely. I'd like to see them both go back to Alvarez and rebuild it for the better after having their views, ideals etc, changed by Fairy Tail.
Exactly it would be cool but if the story continues Brandish may stay in Ishgar but not in FT but as a new member of the new council as a Diplomat to fix the relations between two countries..

But we will see what will Hiro do we may end up with panels that Dimaria and Brandish both have FT mark and blushing in 90 % of they panel time

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Agreed. Dimaria is more of a bully than anything else imo, getting off on embarrasing people, making them feel bad etc. I'm interested to see how her attitude etc. will change after the war and whether she'll be more humble or not.
Yea, well she's only a minor character and a villain at that. What she has showed (behaviour mainly) is tied to her role as a villain. So there's definitely room for different characterisation.

If Hiro permits it, we'll see something more. I don't think she's a character who can stand on her own though. And what I mean by that is - her involvement in the story would be bound to Brandish'. If Brandish is to be discarded, then DiMaria's stocks plummet imo.

titancolossal

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
The lack of something palpable makes her a generic villain, as well as all the other Spriggans (
Removing irene) all that remains is an opinion of her magic.
that I like. it is.

And the personality does not help, unlike the August that is generic, but the generic personality is advantageous in he case

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
The lack of something palpable makes her a generic villain, as well as all the other Spriggans (
Removing irene) all that remains is an opinion of her magic.
that I like. it is.

And the personality does not help, unlike the August that is generic, but the generic personality is advantageous in he case

what isn't "palpable" about her? need you to explain yourself big homie

titancolossal

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Australia

what isn't "palpable" about her? need you to explain yourself big homie
I gave an example above with Irene. Something palpable, a character construction.

But comparing any Spriggan with Irene is complicated ...

So let me give you another example. Brandish.
The character has some construction and unusual personality explains the fact of several things that she does, like not caring about fights or with Dimaria herself.
In comparison we do not have the same with Dimaria, she is obsessed with Brandish, but why?
You disagree or not, but Dimaria it boils down to a sadistic and arrogant villain (with no background to explain such customs) and a good spell.
So, yes, her magic and the fact that she's strong and what guarantees fans.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I gave an example above with Irene. Something palpable, a character construction.

But comparing any Spriggan with Irene is complicated ...

So let me give you another example. Brandish.
The character has some construction and unusual personality explains the fact of several things that she does, like not caring about fights or with Dimaria herself.
In comparison we do not have the same with Dimaria, she is obsessed with Brandish, but why?
Well Brandish and Irene's backstories have been way more developed than DiMaria's, can't do nothing about that. All we know of Dimaria's past is Chronos some time chose her to be his vessel and taught Age Seal. Dimaria's ancestors all are from Mildian, the same city where Zeref went to school before being cursed. Dimaria's personality traits are her own and hers only. When Dimaria was telling Lucy that Natsu is a demon, Dimaria told her that you can't ever fully trust people, even the ones closest to you, hinting that her and Brandish go way back. Your argument isn't really much of a fair debate cause we haven't delved into Dimaria's past like Irene's or Brandish's.

titancolossal

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well Brandish and Irene's backstories have been way more developed than DiMaria's, can't do nothing about that. All we know of Dimaria's past is Chronos some time chose her to be his vessel and taught Age Seal. Dimaria's ancestors all are from Mildian, the same city where Zeref went to school before being cursed. Dimaria's personality traits are her own and hers only. When Dimaria was telling Lucy that Natsu is a demon, Dimaria told her that you can't ever fully trust people, even the ones closest to you, hinting that her and Brandish go way back. Your argument isn't really much of a fair debate cause we haven't delved into Dimaria's past like Irene's or Brandish's.
Yes, I agree, that's why I do not dwell on this in the post and I just emphasized what I like about it. But this type of character gave way to the author to write something, such as Brandish's friendship (giving a flashback to Dimaria) just as we have August where we could see a Flashback of him teaching the Spriggans, would be consistent with the characters and the personalities their.