Chapter One Piece Chapter 936 Discussion / 937 Predictions

fallou

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Since Queens face on the panel doesn't look that surprised, maybe he actually isn't and he's just being ironic? Like when Kizaru says "scary" but actually looks relaxed af
Like it's just a gimmick or something.
Just sayin

TrueRaiKage

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
What don't you get on Sanji's situation and the others?

Though I wonder what's up about nail-biter situation with the stolen sword side. Nail-Biter is in for a tough journey with his limited style as if he face tougher serious opponents, it won't be in good favor for him.
Thanks, but i was using the time between pageone fight and xdrakes bathhouse entrance to established the level of ass whooping the cake baker put down. If pageone is still unable to perform after fight with the cake baker then the cake baker deserves some credit.

See @King Moe im actually given the cake baker a fair shake.

roggie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Thanks, but i was using the time between pageone fight and xdrakes bathhouse entrance to established the level of ass whooping the cake baker put down. If pageone is still unable to perform after fight with the cake baker then the cake baker deserves some credit.

Hahaha nail-biter was a good one. Though it shows the desperation of sanjis fandom for any argument against "nails", since he withstood all the pain from Luffy (even when he was already worn out) and a killer slash from the king of the swordsman, Godhand Mihawk himself. Both pre time skip btw.

But yeah, he was lucky escaping Basil "Nailmaster" Hawkins, who had clearly the upper hand in that fight. And probably was about to finish Zoro with his next attack, scarlet needle: Antares!
Hey, maybe Zoros final boss in this arc (or Oda will save it for the end of the manga!?) is a carpenter!

Nevertheless i'm rooting for cake baker, though we are yet to see what happened in that fight.

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States

I am focus on nail-biter as well since we should worry for his conditions. Nail-biter is now limited to 1 to 2 swords and with being in Yonko country, Idk how long nail-biter can last if he come across a serious threat as we seen nail-biter's record each time now on facing serious threats. This may lead to a redemption of sorts as Oda might have something interesting for him for once.

Last edited by a moderator:

King Moe

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hahaha nail-biter was a good one. Though it shows the desperation of sanjis fandom for any argument against "nails", since he withstood all the pain from Luffy (even when he was already worn out) and a killer slash from the king of the swordsman, Godhand Mihawk himself. Both pre time skip btw.

But yeah, he was lucky escaping Basil "Nailmaster" Hawkins, who had clearly the upper hand in that fight. And probably was about to finish Zoro with his next attack, scarlet needle: Antares!
Hey, maybe Zoros final boss in this arc (or Oda will save it for the end of the manga!?) is a carpenter!

Nevertheless i'm rooting for cake baker, though we are yet to see what happened in that fight.
What desperation? I see only you guys calling him 'cake-baker' despite his last action was defeating Page One and now you guys aren't mature enough to admit or want to end this, so if you want to continue not using their names by personal means, then expect the same back. It's not because he can't with-stand the nails as of course it didn't K.O him, but the issue is he got hit by them and damage enough to need medical treatment. He has Haki on his arsenal and he couldn't think on using it? He is trained by 'Hawkeye' Mi'hawk' and your telling me he isn't observant or fast enough to block those out. Just saying if Mihawk was there, he would be disgusted by nail-biter getting hit by that. You guys brag on his striking speed and reflexes, yet he lost to nails out of many things to be hit by. So yeah, enjoy nail-biter until he defeat someone worthy and redeem himself from his embarrassing disadvantage he got out of Hawkins.

Sanji so far been having better performance than him in the same arc, so just saying to ignore all that to call him that, kinda show what type of 'understanding' debators you are.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Now I think now the events might lead to an potential Sanji and Law vs Drake and Hawkins to save his crew as I doubt Law would leave them behind especially they did this to get Law's attention on something. Maybe they got special information the Alliance can learn about out of this which could be quite interesting.

Zoro's fight is destined to be off-screen after so many off-screen parts we got with many characters, so not gonna hold my breath on Oda extending that fight much. Though I am interested on how it lead to where Benkin give back to. I feel things are gonna to get serious for Zoro more especially handling someone with his limited blades, but have to wait and see.

Luffy is truly taking advantage of the training despite the face he could try to fight after he was uncuffed. Making me think we might not get Queen vs Luffy if he is not interested on fighting and just want to train and then escape in the end. I wouldn't mind that so it can build up things more in the end and interested on who really behind that prison cell and how he looks like.

A lot of setup and hype building around especially for Monster Trio individually. Can't wait to see all of it soon!

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Hmm, I wonder if Queen knows about Luffy's bounty and other things, but he isn't taking him seriously given how Kaidou wrecked Luffy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fox666

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Why wouldn't Queen know about Luffy's bounty? IIRC it has been 7 days since they left Whole Cake Island, and we have seen Kaido reading the newspaper. Otherwise his organization, that supposedly works like a mafia, would be incredibly unprepared.

For Queen 1.5 billion is not that impressive. Besides Luffy is at a huge disadvantage.

Rikudou King

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
United States
They act like they didn't know though.

He should, unless he's confident. Maybe they forgot or are still underestimating Luffytaro. It's not unusual for Luffy to still be underestimated
I wouldn't say that. They clearly knew what it was, if not of the effect itself.

I suppose it could be confidence.

Why wouldn't Queen know about Luffy's bounty? IIRC it has been 7 days since they left Whole Cake Island, and we have seen Kaido reading the newspaper. Otherwise his organization, that supposedly works like a mafia, would be incredibly unprepared.

For Queen 1.5 billion is not that impressive. Besides Luffy is at a huge disadvantage.
They don't seem to know Sanji was revealed as a Vinsmoke, and thus would be the one running around in the Raid suit.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I wouldn't say that. They clearly knew what it was, if not of the effect itself.

I suppose it could be confidence.

They don't seem to know Sanji was revealed as a Vinsmoke, and thus would be the one running around in the Raid suit.
It's possible Sanji was overlooked on the whole by the Beast Pirates, they don't seem to keen on intelligence gathering. Or intelligence in general.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I think Oda is going to be very goofy with the Wano arc. It probably won't be as serious as most might want it to be. We probably won't get much seriousness in the arc until the actual battles. I think Oda is trying to bring back that comedy that we so often see in arcs pre-skip. I think a bit of that was lost during Dressrosa and WCI.
Oda has two modes: 'whimsicality bordering on mania' and "now let's explore the implications of rebellion/slavery/racism (and most recently prostitution)". Sometimes he blends the two- tontatta/toy slavery in Dressrosa and soul taxation in WCI. I have no idea how much he's going to go into "courtesan" culture in feudal Japan but either way it's not going to be pretty.