One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 1st Chapter | Page 108 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 1st Chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread

He also named Thatch (Whitebeard's 4th division commander who Blackbeard killed) after Edward Teach's alias, Edward Thatch.

I always liked that Oda uses real life pirates to name his characters from. Not only pirates, either. As Imitorar said, there was a designer (was it hats?) named Borsalino and I always figured Oda got the name from there but an italian anti-mafia magistrate (Kizaru has the whole theme going) seems more likely. Real life Borsellino even looks a bit like Kizaru:

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I don't think the look had anything to do with it. Oda gets the look of the admirals from old Japanese actors, that seems pretty much established. People have already identified who he modeled Aokiji and Kizaru after, although I don't remember the names, and they're dead ringers. It's really quite astonishing. Nobody's pegged Akainu's model yet, but then again, we haven't really gotten a clear view of his face yet.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Yeah, I know they're modeled after actors, I was just pointing out that he wasn't just similar by name. :amuse

You can't blame people for not having figured out the actor yet, though. All we've seen is the mouth and nose so far. There was someone on AP (originally on 2ch, I think) who found a pretty good match for what we've seen, Bunta Sagawura. I'm too lazy to upload pictures and stuff atm, so I'll just link to the post on AP. :p

Link

Last edited:

ascalon

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Yeah, I know they're modeled after actors, I was just pointing out that he wasn't just similar by name. :amuse

You can't blame people for not having figured out the actor yet, though. All we've seen is the mouth and nose so far. There was someone on AP (originally on 2ch, I think) who found a somewhat good match for what we've seen, Bunta Sagawura. I'm too lazy to upload pictures and stuff atm, so I'll just link to the post on AP. :p

Link
Akainu DEFINITELY looks like Bunta Sagawura.

thunderhead6482

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: One Piece 552 Discussion/ 553 Predictions Thread

Huh, I'd always thought that Oda got it from the clothing designer, probably due to how the translators spelled it. But this could very well be the real source.
Actually he got it from a role that the actor Kunie Tanaka played in his youth.

Gcat88

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Do you guys believe that every character that we have seen that has a name, besides a common name, will play a role in the series?

Poneglyph420

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

Do you guys believe that every character that we have seen that has a name, besides a common name, will play a role in the series?
Some characters have played their part and won't return. Up and coming characters like Coby and Helmeppo or the Supernovas will be back. But Prob no more Arlong or Norland or Duval....

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Actually they still might show up at bounty rise time to get their impressions. :)
Wait a minute, Duval not show up again?? He is looking after the Sunny! Raleigh is coating it but Duval is supposed to be looking after it.

I'd actually like to see Arlong again. Could make a surprise appearance in the Fishman Island arc if he escaped. The entire SH crew is stronger and should be getting even stronger during the 'Away' time. It might be nice to see Nami kick Arlong's ass. :)

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Actually they still might show up at bounty rise time to get their impressions. :)
Wait a minute, Duval not show up again?? He is looking after the Sunny! Raleigh is coating it but Duval is supposed to be looking after it.

I'd actually like to see Arlong again. Could make a surprise appearance in the Fishman Island arc if he escaped. The entire SH crew is stronger and should be getting even stronger during the 'Away' time. It might be nice to see Nami kick Arlong's ass. :)
lol it would be great to see Nami get some hardcore payback herself this time on Arlong.

But what if Arlong becomes a good guy like Hachi? :s that would be terrible.

Gcat88

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

All the cover story arcs gave the enemies a perfect ending. Hacchi came back because it made sense for him to, if you read the cover arc. i doubt that anyone else will come back, except for the CP9. i always felt like they never got the proper exit. Arlong will most likely appear jus because Jimbei has become a character that will play a major role later and he has business to attend to with Arlong.

Quick note, i was reading a pirate history book yesterday and WOW!!!! i noticed that every pirate there was mentioned in OP in one way or another. Something interesting is that the person who brought the end of the golden age of pirates was a man named....ROGERS!!!

furrot

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Hey guys. I was reading a thread on AP about the outcome of the war and right now it seems most people think that Blackbeard is going to intervene at Mainford somehow. I'm not a big fan of this theory since by the time Luffy even gets there we will have most of the Highest warriors fighting.

Someone then suggested that Dragon may attack the holy land during the battle as the marines have left no defenses behind to protect it as far as we know. Even if there were a dozen pacisfista I'm sure the revolutioary army could but a huge dent in the Celestial assholes home.

Then it hit me. What could shake up the world even more then the defeat of Whitebeard or Ace being saved from the Marines?

Blackbeard destroying the holy land.

His ability has already been shown to be capable of destruction on a massive scale and I think it would be possible for him to destroy the entire Redline and the city itself. Of course this would also result in the destruction of Fishman island which would send Jinbei on a vendetta.

The only problem I have with my own theory is that we still don't know what Blackbeard is doing in Impel Down but suggestions that he might be amassing more pirates to raze the city might be on the mark.

gold349

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Hey guys. I was reading a thread on AP about the outcome of the war and right now it seems most people think that Blackbeard is going to intervene at Mainford somehow. I'm not a big fan of this theory since by the time Luffy even gets there we will have most of the Highest warriors fighting.

Someone then suggested that Dragon may attack the holy land during the battle as the marines have left no defenses behind to protect it as far as we know. Even if there were a dozen pacisfista I'm sure the revolutioary army could but a huge dent in the Celestial assholes home.

Then it hit me. What could shake up the world even more then the defeat of Whitebeard or Ace being saved from the Marines?

Blackbeard destroying the holy land.

His ability has already been shown to be capable of destruction on a massive scale and I think it would be possible for him to destroy the entire Redline and the city itself. Of course this would also result in the destruction of Fishman island which would send Jinbei on a vendetta.

The only problem I have with my own theory is that we still don't know what Blackbeard is doing in Impel Down but suggestions that he might be amassing more pirates to raze the city might be on the mark.

or the big show he mentioned could involve ID itself. BB I don't think he could fly to Marajoi (sp), he took a ship to ID he will need one to get back out. Now the thing is Luffy and co had the dilemma of the doors of justice, even in the case of WB something happened to the control room at Marineford for them to get in...the doors of justice will have to be operated same way as they was for Luffy and co and presuming that's what happened with WB...IMHO BB isn't getting back to Marinfrod or Marajoi what he plans will be something to do with ID...I'd like Oda to continue with the battle and go back some time/hours/days to ID to show what ever it was BB did.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada

I can't think of anything that BB could do at ID that would hit page 1 of tomorrow's newspaper. Even if he sank it into the sea the WB war will still be page 1 and probably the entire A section. It's possible that he might make page 2 if it is suitably spectacular, otherwise he will just be a footnote on the back of the A section.

Gcat88

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

I love how u say itll make the paper in order to show its importance. ID will NOT be taken over by BB. if he does it will once again prove the WG is unfit to maintain prisoners, and will unleash a chaos on the sea with all the pirates that will have escaped. I think BB is trying to get a stronger crew, but at the same time he doesnt want to unleash the wrong person. he isnt goin to free everyone for the hell of it, makes no sense.

chess4

Reaction score
Country
United States

I love how u say itll make the paper in order to show its importance. ID will NOT be taken over by BB. if he does it will once again prove the WG is unfit to maintain prisoners, and will unleash a chaos on the sea with all the pirates that will have escaped. I think BB is trying to get a stronger crew, but at the same time he doesnt want to unleash the wrong person. he isnt goin to free everyone for the hell of it, makes no sense.
i think this is exactly what BB is doing. his crw is still to small to be a real force in the new world against the yonkou, so i think he is still gathering more people. when its all said and done i think BB and luffy will have the same amount of crew members. luffy still needs 1 or 2 more cew members.

Bo Ashi

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

I can't think of anything that BB could do at ID that would hit page 1 of tomorrow's newspaper. Even if he sank it into the sea the WB war will still be page 1 and probably the entire A section. It's possible that he might make page 2 if it is suitably spectacular, otherwise he will just be a footnote on the back of the A section.
That's just overload for the poor editors.

EXTRA! Whitebeard defeats the Marines and the World Goverment! The world is shaking in fear as the pirates take over!

And in other news: Pirate Blackbeard sinks Impel Down to the bottom of the ocean! Duval: "Im okay".

Anyway... I like the idea of Blackbeard causing havoc in the Holy land, but more the idea of destroying the Red line!

bittman

Reaction score
Country
Australia

There are some crack theories flying around here. But let me say this:

Oda did not throw Blackbeard into Impel Down for something trivial such as getting 1 or 2 new crew members. I mean, Luffy got Brooke recently, did that shock the world to it's core?

Oda did not throw Blackbeard into Impel Down to destroy the holy land. What would be the point of Impel Down then?

Oda did not throw Blackbeard into Impel Down to take it over. Why? Well then Blackbeard is stuck in the old world, how would he ever reach the new world whilst in an immobile prison? And even if Impel Down turned out to be a giant mecha in disguise, how does that get past the red line?

Point is: I'm yet to see a plausible theory...

Bo Ashi

Reaction score
Country
Sweden

There are some crack theories flying around here. But let me say this:

Oda did not throw Blackbeard into Impel Down for something trivial such as getting 1 or 2 new crew members. I mean, Luffy got Brooke recently, did that shock the world to it's core?

Oda did not throw Blackbeard into Impel Down to destroy the holy land. What would be the point of Impel Down then?

Oda did not throw Blackbeard into Impel Down to take it over. Why? Well then Blackbeard is stuck in the old world, how would he ever reach the new world whilst in an immobile prison? And even if Impel Down turned out to be a giant mecha in disguise, how does that get past the red line?

Point is: I'm yet to see a plausible theory...
Well, im sure there's something he needs in there. Someone with a specific power that could be useful in some way or another. Probably something we're already told about by Oda in previous chapters, Someone down at Level 6 (Or on another secret level?). What if he needs some source of information from someone there or something? I dont think it's just about gathering crewmembers (A fair bonus at this point), he's after this special person or thing down there...

gucci mane

Reaction score
Country
United States

Well, im sure there's something he needs in there. Someone with a specific power that could be useful in some way or another. Probably something we're already told about by Oda in previous chapters, Someone down at Level 6 (Or on another secret level?). What if he needs some source of information from someone there or something? I dont think it's just about gathering crewmembers (A fair bonus at this point), he's after this special person or thing down there...
Yea, it might be Pluto or one of the ancient weapons AY!. It would make sense that they are down there since Impel Down WAS the impenetrable fortress AY!. I believe that he will probably destroy Marineford with the the ancient weapon AY!. It would be something like the Democlies in Code Geass with the nuclear bomb thing AY!.

jaymizzo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Re: One Piece 553 Discussion/ 554 Predictions Thread

Im new to one piece.. and i do not know where to start..lmao :L

where should i start!!? coz i cbb reading 500+ chapters

Status
Not open for further replies.