Hangout - One Piece Mega Convo Thread | Page 196 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout One Piece Mega Convo Thread

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Say you charge.,... to then land the attack on someone that can move so fast that even Future Sight doesn't guarantee landing an attack... Elizabelo would pretty much never hit an Emperor unless someone like Luffy was carrying him while he charged the attack and was moved when he unleashed it, lol.
yea, something like that... The attack once hit is strong enough to take down a Yonko... hitting a Yonko is a different story... Kaido will dodge it easily, Big Mom will shield herself is some manner.... but those are just nuances... The original statement is still true, that attack can take down a Yonko... Elizabo himself, surely not..
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

it'll be good fan fiction to come up with a scenario for Elizabo's king punch taking down a Yonko... purely to pin them down for a hit.. lol

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
You would need an entire army to suppress an Emperor for 1 hour, it would pretty much be impossible. King Elizabelo's attack would only work against fodder.

Charging, maybe that can be done.

Say you charge.,... to then land the attack on someone that can move so fast that even Future Sight doesn't guarantee landing an attack... Elizabelo would pretty much never hit an Emperor unless someone like Luffy was carrying him while he charged the attack and was moved when he unleashed it, lol.
Also defeating an Emperor is a vague statement.

If Law teleported Elizabello right into Whitebeard or Shanks' face (and assuming they won't use future sight), I see no reason to doubt they would go down in 1 hit.

But Kaido and Big Mom have steel-like skin, so it may be a different story with them.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
yea, something like that... The attack once hit is strong enough to take down a Yonko... hitting a Yonko is a different story... Kaido will dodge it easily, Big Mom will shield herself is some manner.... but those are just nuances... The original statement is still true, that attack can take down a Yonko... Elizabo himself, surely not..

it'll be good fan fiction to come up with a scenario for Elizabo's king punch taking down a Yonko... purely to pin them down for a hit.. lol
There is no way that attack would take down a Yonko irrespective of whatever people say.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria

If Law teleported Elizabello right into Whitebeard or Shanks' face (and assuming they won't use future sight), I see no reason to doubt they would go down in 1 hit.

But Kaido and Big Mom have steel-like skin, so it may be a different story with them.
You know Luffy isn't made of steel... but defeated Kaido. Whatever defeats any Emperor can probably defeat any other Emperor.
When you get to a certain level of strength, having steel flesh is meaningless... Haki would go through and do damage.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States

Yea, it is a vague statement for sure.... It just stands to say it can do enough damage to take down a Yonko... I think HP and I in our discussion covered this, whether the hit actually lands or it is shielded etc will still remain.. that'll apply to even Shanks and Whitebeard, or for that matter non Yonko characters as well...

JStackz26

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
You know since I was making a joke about Big Mom and Kaido doing it in the magma.
Interestingly, Luffy has come into contact with two Conqueror's Haki using children of each Yonko. It gets lost in the shuffle because Big Mom has numerous children.
But he kind of earned the respect of Katakuri. Befriended possibly.
And has befriended Yamato now.
The weird thing is Big Mom he didn't take down her crew but he took down Kaido's crew. And yet the more of enemy Yonko seems to have the child joining his crew.
Although with this JoyBoy stuff, maybe Kaido does befriend Luffy.

As for Yamato, I really hope Yamato gets a sword. The thunder Bagua thing that we just seen so much of, some people have said it has no variety to looks of the attack. Of course Yamato does have that swing she used on Haccha. Still maybe here using swords fits the whole Nerfing character thing. Not to be stereotypical, if she wanted to be a samurai than the ogre weapon would be off character. Plus like we saw with Sanji rejecting his family with the raid suit, Yamato switching to a sword would be resonating with Oden more than Kaido. Like how in Star Wars the character took the name of the Skywalker's instead of her actual lineage.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
You bring an interesting point... If Yamato wants to be Oden, shouldn't she have trained with swords more??? I find the Kanabo cooler though. Besides, tehre's one genuine swordsmen in the crew...

Was thinking about Yonko and their commanders, in particular to the difference in strengths... If we pick the first mates, or atleast the strongest in the crew barring the captain, its quite interesting..

Whitebeard was easily way stronger than Marco, but perhaps the difference was smaller when Oden was around.

Kaido and King seem to have a large difference so do Big Mom and Katakuri....

Also, Katakuri so far atleast seems like the only commander to have conqueror's haki.. Neither Marco, King have it. I guess Rayleigh and Zoro were exceptions as well... of couse, Oden if you count him...

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
I can't with this. 😂🤣😂, I feel personally attacked

catagon87

Reaction score
Country
United States
Speaking of which...one of the mod has already started deleting posts on this thread that dont join everyone in rejoicing how great wano was....hypocrisy of the highest order.

I am sorry mod sama....WANO was the greatest arc in the history of manga.
Hypocrisy? Didn't your post basically say that anyone defending Oda is riding his member?

There are plenty of members that criticize Wano without their posts getting deleted. Don't try to play some suppressed victim when your criticism also happens to be insulting those who hold different opinions.

Let me show you something:

"Honestly I think the pacing of this arc sucks. I can't understand why others aren't bothered by this. I'm disappointed that the finale was rushed but the arc seemed to drag. I can't understand why Oda skipped a week in story-time, but dragged the arc on so long."

vs.

"*verbal high five of other person who hates Wano* Yeah anyone who defends Oda at this point is just a mindless drone riding his ****."

One of these deserves to be deleted, as it provides no value to the overall discussion, and needlessly insults a group of people who enjoy reading the manga (the manga for which you are using the forums on a weekly basis). The other one proposes a fair point of criticism without attacking any group or alienating anyone. Seriously, if you want to be an asshole then that's your prerogative. Don't play the victim when you're literally throwing out insults, though. If you need a reminder of the forum's rules, this post covers them. Also, this is a privately managed forum. They can moderate it however they want.

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
@Windfall Island

At this point you're just trolling. There are plenty of people here who've criticised and praised Oda you're just choosing to ignore that very fact to suit your current needs.

However you may feel towards Oda and his writing, there are ways to word criticism without coming across as a complete douche, mods try to be as impartial as possible however, if you're going to start crying whenever a post of yours gets deleted knowing full well what you posted was inappropriate then you'll just have your shit deleted consistently.

catagon87

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah preach from your make believe pedestal of moral high ground. "Moderate" as you want. Delete as much as you want.
None of this matters outside of this place anyways so whatever makes you all feel good & important ones...continue with that Lol.

One piece sales continue to drop for pretty good reasons year after year.

Anyways I was about to drop this Trash Piece if wano was about to end with this much mediocrity. With wano about to end next chapter & with no saving this arc..continuing with this Trash Piece is just a waste on all counts.
Well I'm not a moderator, so I don't delete posts; Thankless jobs are not my forte. I think @Ēsu Taichou probably did that.

Nobody is preaching to you. I'm just telling it like it is. There are posts within this very thread that criticize this arc which were not met with deletion by moderators. Yours happens to insult people, and break forum rules. If you think someone asking you to stick to the rules of the forum you choose to use is taking a "make believe moral high ground" or whatever, then maybe you should find another forum? Why participate where you have such fundamental disagreements.

Re: OP Sales dropping.. And? Are you trying to use decreasing sales as a method of self validation? You should just do you. If looking at declining sales makes you feel happier with your opinion about this fictional work then have at it. Personally I don't get why you need some external validation to feel like you're having the correct opinion about a fictional work. There are plenty of things in this world that I love that aren't excessively popular, and plenty of things I hate that are.

Stepping outside of comfort zone doesn't necessarily lead to success.

With 2x the cast of characters as dressrosa...no wonder why he had to rush so many things.
I never said that stepping out of one's comfort zone leads to success. I said that he stepped outside of his comfort zone, and in doing so, failed to deliver on the level he has previously.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
One Piece piece is "sinking"

Source : trust me bro.

Here's a good read for the big kids who don't whine because people have different opinions than their own: it's actually backed by data

catagon87

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok first off...maybe i let some emotions get the best of me.
I have been reading this series weekly from last 11 years & this feels more like a break up honestly.

Secondly , whatever "insult" that i used....that applies on someone only if that person is willing to defend oda every single time on all counts.

So its your choosing whether you think you fill that criteria or not & if someone feels insulted that means that person has decided for himself that yes he indeed defends oda on every single thing & only in that case that "insult" would apply.
I did not say that everyone who loves wano is "that insult". I myself have posted several threads defending post ts & wano up until recently only for oda to drag things much further down to the point that i cannot get behind it anymore.

And it becomes annoying to see ppl defend whatever oda does...like oh maybe oda is playing 3d chess games & we have to fill the gaps & understand all the implicit things which keep on increasing every chapter. But ok they have the right to their opinion as well.

Thirdly, one piece used to be lot more popular sales wise & is now a sinking ship sales wise...that is a fact ...which shows that post ts has declined story wise indeed. Ppl who have read till MF 500 chapters are or rather were proper OP fans & not casual ones.
Self validation ? Maybe oda & his editors must do some soul searching as to why more & more fans are not buying it anymore.

One piece is the best selling of all time mainly due to its pre ts arcs ...doesnt change the fact that its a sinking ship right now..& with wano about to end next chapter & oda rushing so much...its only going to be left with cult worshippers or those who just want to finish regardless.
I will reiterate: who cares if someone defends everything Oda does? How does it affect you? If you see someone posting something that annoys you then click ignore. Honestly I don't even know who you're referring to that defends Oda's "every move." I can't name a single recognizable member who hasn't criticized some part of this series at some point.

It just sounds like you care a lot about things that have nothing to do with you: someone worshipping Oda, OP sales declining, etc..

If you like the story then read it, if not then don't, or do. Maybe you like reading a story you don't like to complain about it. I honestly have no idea. Having written some stories myself I can tell you one thing: Oda is writing his story. A writer's job is to tell a story. It's not to pander to the majority of their perceived fan-base. The guy is worth $200M USD last I checked, and I'd imagine he's beyond the point of doing this for the money. While I'm sure he cares what his fans think, and I imagine he wouldn't want to lose readers, a good writer will always push their narrative over their fan-base's narrative (especially the over-seas fan base who mostly enjoys their work for free, before it hits the shelves).

I don't like or agree with everything Oda has done. I'm annoyed at the pacing of Wano, the rush to this current chapter, and the lack of info around certain big reveals like Nika. I HATE useless silhouettes hiding unimpressive characters. I'm openly critical of the fact that Oden was silhouetted for no reason for way too long, as well as Momo. I hate "days long fights." I DO like the world that has been built, and the characters in that world, and the overall direction toward the end of the story. I still read OP because I enjoy the overall sentiment of adventures, goals and dreams. It's not my story to write and I can drop it any time I like, as can you.

Honestly I don't get why fans seem to feel they're owed a version of the story that they, specifically, like.

Is anyone else confused at Apoo being friendly with those he betrayed...? I haven't looked at the images yet, but it seems weird. Kidd doesn't strike me as the forgiving type.

Windfall Island

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
One Piece piece is "sinking"

Source : trust me bro.

Here's a good read for the big kids who don't whine because people have different opinions than their own: it's actually backed by data

Try to read properly some of the things written in the post that you linked.

"These graphs reveal a somewhat uncomfortable truth: One Piece's average domestic circulation has been in decline throughout the serialization of the Wano Country arc. The last time this happened was all the way back after the conclusion of the Skypiea. Back then, the quality of the Water 7 saga ultimately turned things around; with the Summit War Saga and Film: Strong world taking the average circulation to new heights"

LOL^^ . Also good luck if you think wano quality is like that of water 7 or summit war & hence can similarly increase average circulation like they did back then.

"To be more specific, the decline in One Piece sales is not evidence of it doing so as One Piece has been in a highly predictable sales decline for a decade now "

LOL ^^ ...& this decline over the last decade coincides very well with the ongoing post ts since last decade.

coincidence ? I think not.
hotel ? Trivago.

"

I'm banking on the following to trigger a potential recovery:

• A powerful conclusion to the Wano Country arc and "
^^ the post you linked ends with a wishful thinking to trigger a potential recovery. Why is he talking about recovery if everything is all fine & dandy. LMAO

Seems like all i had to do was just properly read the post you linked & beyond that headline...in comes the reality.

Windfall Island

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I will reiterate: who cares if someone defends everything Oda does? How does it affect you? If you see someone posting something that annoys you then click ignore. Honestly I don't even know who you're referring to that defends Oda's "every move." I can't name a single recognizable member who hasn't criticized some part of this series at some point.

It just sounds like you care a lot about things that have nothing to do with you: someone worshipping Oda, OP sales declining, etc..

If you like the story then read it, if not then don't, or do. Maybe you like reading a story you don't like to complain about it. I honestly have no idea. Having written some stories myself I can tell you one thing: Oda is writing his story. A writer's job is to tell a story. It's not to pander to the majority of their perceived fan-base. The guy is worth $200M USD last I checked, and I'd imagine he's beyond the point of doing this for the money. While I'm sure he cares what his fans think, and I imagine he wouldn't want to lose readers, a good writer will always push their narrative over their fan-base's narrative (especially the over-seas fan base who mostly enjoys their work for free, before it hits the shelves).

I don't like or agree with everything Oda has done. I'm annoyed at the pacing of Wano, the rush to this current chapter, and the lack of info around certain big reveals like Nika. I HATE useless silhouettes hiding unimpressive characters. I'm openly critical of the fact that Oden was silhouetted for no reason for way too long, as well as Momo. I hate "days long fights." I DO like the world that has been built, and the characters in that world, and the overall direction toward the end of the story. I still read OP because I enjoy the overall sentiment of adventures, goals and dreams. It's not my story to write and I can drop it any time I like, as can you.

Honestly I don't get why fans seem to feel they're owed a version of the story that they, specifically, like.

Is anyone else confused at Apoo being friendly with those he betrayed...? I haven't looked at the images yet, but it seems weird. Kidd doesn't strike me as the forgiving type.
Strawman strawman strawman.

Too many strawmen one after the other.

But let me address the last strawman...i dont feel that oda owes me a certain version of the story....i do feel that if oda fails to not even followup or bring plot points which he himself had initiated & now expects his readers to just move on with "yeah that happened...forget it...fill the gaps by yourself...implicit this..implicit that & now move on" that just means rushed & bad writing.

Kishimoto Kubo didnt care about money either...& what about it ?..just because you dont care about money doesnt mean you still continuing implies you are certainly still doing a good job.
OP sales wise sinking back that fact up with a real world metric.

If i had the expectation that Don kreig will fight nami one day then the problem lies with me..
But when i am told that luffy's mythical zoan df awakening is explicitly stated but kaido's mythical zoan awakening is not..then the problem lies with the writer.
When BM punches law & still does not use Acoc even though she used it just a while ago vs P1...that is plot convinience & way too many plot conviniences like such have happened within an arc...too many for 1 arc i would say & that is bad writing.

Yup One Piece is oda's story just like how Naruto was kishimoto's story & how kishimoto did not owe anyone anything. Just like how Bleach was Kubo's story and how Kubo doesnt owe anyone anything.

One thing we definitely agree on though which is..no point in continuing something you dont like...Dressrosa's mid point was the last time i felt like dropping the series but ultimately i didnt
....this time with wano ending next chapter..
I'll wait & see the ending of wano coz oda had said earlier how much he wanted to draw wanos ending & his editors had said that wanos ending will be surprising...so following that i will step off this sinking ship.

Last edited:

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
You bring an interesting point... If Yamato wants to be Oden, shouldn't she have trained with swords more??? I find the Kanabo cooler though. Besides, tehre's one genuine swordsmen in the crew...
Actual reason: Rule of cool. Oda knew Yamato was going to be on the ship and didn't want to have him be redundant with Zoro later.

No-Prize reason: Yamato didn't have anyone to train him with swords. The only person who grinded leveling him up his whole life was likely to just be Kaidou, so it makes sense the only things he really learned about fighting would make his style similar to dad's. The one thing I'm curious about though is when/how Yamato trained that DF. At what point was he outfitted with seastone and for how long?

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Actual reason: Rule of cool. Oda knew Yamato was going to be on the ship and didn't want to have him be redundant with Zoro later.

No-Prize reason: Yamato didn't have anyone to train him with swords. The only person who grinded leveling him up his whole life was likely to just be Kaidou, so it makes sense the only things he really learned about fighting would make his style similar to dad's. The one thing I'm curious about though is when/how Yamato trained that DF. At what point was he outfitted with seastone and for how long?
Given his personality, I doubt Kaido would want a weak child, so I imagine he trained Yamato on how to properly use his fruit. We know Yamato definitely learned to the use that Kanabo from Kaido given the similarities of their techniques, names and all.

When Yamato reached a certain level of strength, however, I imagine that's when Kaido cuffed him with seastone since he was likely stronger than the rabble at this point and proved himself to be capable of escaping at some point. That's likely when the explosive cuffs came in as well as he probably grew strong enough to where even the seastone cuffs couldn't deter him from fleeing.

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
Given his personality, I doubt Kaido would want a weak child, so I imagine he trained Yamato on how to properly use his fruit. We know Yamato definitely learned to the use that Kanabo from Kaido given the similarities of their techniques, names and all.

When Yamato reached a certain level of strength, however, I imagine that's when Kaido cuffed him with seastone since he was likely stronger than the rabble at this point and proved himself to be capable of escaping at some point. That's likely when the explosive cuffs came in as well as he probably grew strong enough to where even the seastone cuffs couldn't deter him from fleeing.
I'd also imagine even post Yamato getting super strong that Kaido allowed the cuffs to come off for fighting him personally. Since Kaido is confident in his own strength I doubt he'd make Yamato fight him with the cuffs.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
It is funny how some orums just have the most debased arguments.

Some people are saying because Zoro didn't kill Kaido, he's not got parallels or absolute parallels with Ryuma.

Zoro already slayed a dragon, lol. It was the one at Punk Hazard and iirc, Ryuma slayed a western dragon which Zoro did at Punk Hazard, and more so, with Shusui.

WG entirely missed the parallel because of some power level obsession.

Had they truly understood the parallels, they'd know that the next parallel was Enma scarring Kaido which Oden did, but also... Zoro did accomplish.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
It is funny how some orums just have the most debased arguments.

Some people are saying because Zoro didn't kill Kaido, he's not got parallels or absolute parallels with Ryuma.

Zoro already slayed a dragon, lol. It was the one at Punk Hazard and iirc, Ryuma slayed a western dragon which Zoro did at Punk Hazard, and more so, with Shusui.

WG entirely missed the parallel because of some power level obsession.

Had they truly understood the parallels, they'd know that the next parallel was Enma scarring Kaido which Oden did, but also... Zoro did accomplish.
Meh i wouldn't bother with them. There are parallels between him and Ryuma. Just wonder whether Oda will have the balls to just say he is a descendant of Ryuma. We'll see in the next chapters I guess. But after teasing us in the SBS and then in the chapters themselves, I would hate Oda if he completely skips this.