Hangout - One Piece Mega Convo Thread | Page 231 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout One Piece Mega Convo Thread

DeadlyBeast

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So where is everyone at on how to actually beat the gorosei? With how things are there's no conventional method to deal lasting damage to any of them. What they have going on is by far more dangerous than logia intangibility. Let alone even marco's regeneration. The worst case scenario for any one gorosei in battle is to simply outlast stronger foes. I suppose that if they are like marco then they would eventually simply run out of stamina but it's unlikely there are 6 devil fruits with that ability. Their immortality is powered by something else they all happen to share...
At this point if we go with the most likely scenario, the Gorosei are all awakened mythical zoan DF users who have immortality imparted on them by some other mean outside their fruit (likely Ope Ope). This leaves us with a few strategies to defeating them:
  1. The most effective mean would be to exploit their DF weakness
    • Chain them with Seastone or use Seastone cuffs. This will weaken them and make them unable to fight, which regeneration/immortality can't do anything about.
    • Throw them into a body of water and drown them. Even if they won't die they would be like Dekken, trapped underwater unable to move.
    • This arc introduced the perfect weapon, the bubble guns which can do the above two things on land in an offensive manner.
  2. Immobilize them somehow so they can't fight. Maybe Mr. 3 wax, a tiny birdcage, hina's lock etc could be effective means of doing this to them.
    • Alternative ways to immobilize them is using chemicals e.g. sleeping gas or lack of oxygen could probably still knock them out.
  3. Exhaust them so they can't fight anymore. Immortality means they can't die, and that they regenerate injuries, not that they have infinite stamina. If their opponent can tire them out they could just be unable to continue fighting. The regen won't run out but they could just stop being able to move or fight effectively from fatigue.
  4. Overpower them with a big gap in ability. I can imagine end game Luffy just being so much stronger than them they would be too weak to pose a threat. Even if they couldn't be killed outright they'd just be too weak to be anything but immortal semi-fodder.
Personally I think Oda will create some loophole that can be directly exploited (maybe Law undoes it if it is Ope Ope based immortality). However, I do like the idea of them staying immortal until the very end and requiring the protagonist to use their heads vs "more haki" or something like that. I like the more complicated nature of the power system and definitely don't want it to devolve into the DB style "my power level is greater than yours" scenario.

KimCorrea

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Well, 20 years cooking something is toriko's level bs. But funny nonetheless. :hee

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
So when would spoilers for the next chapter come? Around April 14?

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, 20 years cooking something is toriko's level bs. But funny nonetheless. :hee
I mean, Toriko's creator is a good friend of Oda's so...this dude might be cooking.

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
What in the name of Nika is going on here....
Who let bro cook?

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
Luffy looked like an absolute demon when he activated G5 in episode 1100 Rob Gucci had no time to react to that first punch.
It was one hell of a transformation seen for G5. Having all that haki burst if it turns out to be canon (I know it happened in Wano), might also explain all the haki we have been seeing from Gorosei. The episode was definitely an awesome showcase of both Luffy & Lucci. Can't wait for the rest of Egghead for future fights like Luffy v Kizaru.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also noticed Jinbei called Luffy's Nika form as the "Warrior of Liberation". Wonder if that was an anime hint that the Fishmen also believe in a sun god, Nika, and that the Sun Pirates named themselves after it. Could tie things in together more but do realize this is currently a non-canon hint.

RaisinRisin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Also noticed Jinbei called Luffy's Nika form as the "Warrior of Liberation". Wonder if that was an anime hint that the Fishmen also believe in a sun god, Nika, and that the Sun Pirates named themselves after it. Could tie things in together more but do realize this is currently a non-canon hint.
I noticed this addition as well. I was surprised they'd be so bold with an addition like that as to have it touch important lore. I've wondered for a while about what fishmen might know from their own ancient history (since many peoples of the world worshiped a sun god at some point). I suspect, though, if there's something here it will go more in the direction of a connection with Fisher Tiger and/or the pirates he liberated from Mary Geoise. I guess we'll see...

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Luffy looked like an absolute demon when he activated G5 in episode 1100 Rob Gucci had no time to react to that first punch.
That whole episode fucking ruled. Easily an S-tier episode.

One touch I liked was Vegapunk actually being portrayed more like the bastard he is. It's fucked up for him to use Sentomaru that way. Super mega genius Vegapunk should've had an air-tight escape plan in place, instead of relying on dumb luck. How tf was Stussy alone supposed to get him out of there?

RaisinRisin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Doesn't fucked-upedness of Vegapunk go way back though? Ever since Coby glowed about him I didn't really doubt he'd ultimately be on Luffy's side, but I've been waiting for some kind of regret or at least acknowledgment of all the torture and unauthorized DNA/lineage factor usage he's been involved with.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Anybody notice how Lucci did a slight swaying pose before transforming? I think it was a direct reference to Kuro

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
That whole episode fucking ruled. Easily an S-tier episode.

One touch I liked was Vegapunk actually being portrayed more like the bastard he is. It's fucked up for him to use Sentomaru that way. Super mega genius Vegapunk should've had an air-tight escape plan in place, instead of relying on dumb luck. How tf was Stussy alone supposed to get him out of there?
I really like how Luffy bangs his chest when he's going into G5. It reminds me of how gorillas do it, sounding like the beat of Conga drums, which fits perfectly with G5. It's a nice touch that I appreciate.

I agree on the VP stuff, although he means well he doesn't particularly care for the well being of others until after the fact he prioritises his inventions and what not before hand, it's not until it's too late that he starts to show regret, his hubris truly has gotten the better of him, Jinbe did read him to filth when they met by the iron giant and he was so right.

If Oda can somehow incorporate this demonic feel to G5 in the manga I'd appreciate it soo much more, I think it'll also change how those who hate G5 feel about it.

But look how that boy ate up Rob, mhm mmmmm

RaisinRisin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I noticed this addition as well. I was surprised they'd be so bold with an addition like that as to have it touch important lore. I've wondered for a while about what fishmen might know from their own ancient history (since many peoples of the world worshiped a sun god at some point). I suspect, though, if there's something here it will go more in the direction of a connection with Fisher Tiger and/or the pirates he liberated from Mary Geoise. I guess we'll see...
While re-watching the opening of the fight in the clip @Rein Avara posted, I realized Jinbe could also just be referencing what he heard from Who's Who. So not that serious an addition actually, but I still wish that acknowledgment came from the manga.

I agree on the VP stuff, although he means well he doesn't particularly care for the well being of others until after the fact he prioritises his inventions and what not before hand, it's not until it's too late that he starts to show regret, his hubris truly has gotten the better of him, Jinbe did read him to filth when they met by the iron giant and he was so right.
Jinbe concerns about VP's organic Internet were worth considering, and Bonney was kinda right in what she said about him doing anything in the name of science.

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Jinbe concerns about VP's organic Internet were worth considering, and Bonney was kinda right in what she said about him doing anything in the name of science.
Indeed, for that same reason I'm glad that it's Stella who died and not Kuma because technically Kuma's current fate is largely caused by VPs endless quest for scientific progression/evolution, so to me It'd make sense that the 'maker' would meet his end instead of Kuma.

Last edited:

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I really like how Luffy bangs his chest when he's going into G5. It reminds me of how gorillas do it, sounding like the beat of Conga drums, which fits perfectly with G5. It's a nice touch that I appreciate.

If Oda can somehow incorporate this demonic feel to G5 in the manga I'd appreciate it soo much more, I think it'll also change how those who hate G5 feel about it.

But look how that boy ate up Rob, mhm mmmmm
The chest beating was everything, the animations were insane!
I actually like the fact he seems to get maniacal like he's even more of a villain than the Joker.
I do wonder if Gear 5th Awaken consumes some aspect of his personality because like VP said, sometimes the Awakening of a DF can consume the user.
Interesting to see how the other SHs reacted to it.
And I like the fact this fight in Gear 5th was requested by Lucci asking what his form was, not that Luffy needed that form to beat Lucci.

DeadlyBeast

Reaction score
Country
United States
The glowing eye moments in the anime for G5 have been a wonderful touch. It gives Nika an intimidating presence that the manga hasn't captured at this point.

The chest beating was everything, the animations were insane!
I actually like the fact he seems to get maniacal like he's even more of a villain than the Joker.
I do wonder if Gear 5th Awaken consumes some aspect of his personality because like VP said, sometimes the Awakening of a DF can consume the user.
Interesting to see how the other SHs reacted to it.
And I like the fact this fight in Gear 5th was requested by Lucci asking what his form was, not that Luffy needed that form to beat Lucci.
The anime continues to do G5 really well and adds things that improve upon the manga. The laughing in the manga comes off more out of place whereas the anime makes it a part of larger change in Luffy's personality and the environment itself. He really is a Joker/Mask type character and his laughing makes him seem more maniacal than anything.

Definitely think even successfully awakened zoan's end on taking some personality of their fruit, it's kind of like a perfect fusion of two beings. The anime did well in this with G5 and Lucci's awakening, since even Lucci acted more animal like with his growling & four legged running even in hybrid form.

I realized Jinbe could also just be referencing what he heard from Who's Who. So not that serious an addition actually, but I still wish that acknowledgment came from the manga.
Forgot Jinbei learned a bit about Nika from Who's Who. Don't recall if he mentioned the name Nika or term Warrior of Liberation but that does give Jinbei some background that is canon. I still hope Fishmen also know about a Sun God (even if they don't have a name like Nika) that frees people and that the Sun Pirates formed with that in mind.

Whoa TCB is using a back up url for their site. Does it mean they are about to go down?