One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread
​

As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.

It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.

  • For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
  • Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
  • Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
  • We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.

As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:

  1. Shanks v Mihawk
  2. Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
  3. Zoro > Luffy
  4. Zoro v Sanji
  5. Is Smoker a top 30 character?
  6. Mihawk's rank within the story
  7. Law having CoC currently.
  8. Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.

If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.

This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,500
Reaction score
5,713
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
I won’t say he’s definitely at Yonkou level right now, but I will say that he most likely was back in he Roger days. Before your post I wouldn’t have said so, but you make a very good point!
I am sure prime Garp would beat BM/Kaido anytime anyday (slightly off topic I know), right now I doubt he can (maybe BM? Kaido no way, I doubt Garp has what it takes to beat him now)

I seriously do hope that Kid is training as well or something, would be disappointed if he doesn't get strong enough to make Kaido feel pain
 

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
Love the comparison! I’m willing to bet that he used Crocodile as a basis for awakening. And by that I mean I don’t think he had awakening planned out before the time skip.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



I think Zoro using haki against Mr.1 was his haki awakening. After that I don’t think he really trained it until his training with Mihawk. He even said at one point something like “I can’t really say I’ve grown until I can use that power at will”, implying that he didn’t have any true control of it at the time.
Ehhh....Even so, if he does it by burst of emotion and unconsciously, why didn't it work with him fighting Enel to cut him who easily didn't try to dodge his attack and pass right through him. Especially this is after seeing this guy and his people hurt his crewmmates being Chopper and Robin, so his anger should have push it to activating, but still it didn't happen, so Idk if I fully trust if it was 'Haki' that help him cut Mr. 1 and could be something else.
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
Ehhh....Even so, if he does it by burst of emotion and unconsciously, why didn't it work with him fighting Enel to cut him who easily didn't try to dodge his attack and pass right through him. Especially this is after seeing this guy and his people hurt his crewmmates being Chopper and Robin, so his anger should have push it to activating, but still it didn't happen, so Idk if I fully trust if it was 'Haki' that help him cut Mr. 1 and could be something else.
Manga wise, do you think Sanji has Armament Hardening:Kouka?

It showed it in the anime but not the manga, so as of now its non cannon
 

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
Manga wise, do you think Sanji has Armament Hardening:Kouka?

It showed it in the anime but not the manga, so as of now its non cannon
In interview Oda said he let anime insert things he couldn't do, so stuff can be taken as canon filler and since we have yet to hear Oda being displease about what they did, it kinda show it canon especially since Haki has been confirm already by Luffy and Judge on.

Plus giving someone a power they don't have would have run it by Oda first on in the scene on giving him visible Armament Haki. If they show it with no repercussions, then it shows that Sanji can use it. Maybe he been using it the whole time, but can't show it due to wearing black pants and black shoes which is hard to hard to show color scheme in already darken entire on it. Now that he was wearing an non-dark attire, it can be shown more.
 

Hrathgrath

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2008
Messages
2,308
Reaction score
1,817
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well that's stupid lol
Yeah... you’re telling me....
Ehhh....Even so, if he does it by burst of emotion and unconsciously, why didn't it work with him fighting Enel to cut him who easily didn't try to dodge his attack and pass right through him. Especially this is after seeing this guy and his people hurt his crewmmates being Chopper and Robin, so his anger should have push it to activating, but still it didn't happen, so Idk if I fully trust if it was 'Haki' that help him cut Mr. 1 and could be something else.
Still a lack of control is exactly that, and I don’t think it was like Lufffy’s CoC.
In interview Oda said he let anime insert things he couldn't do, so stuff can be taken as canon filler and since we have yet to hear Oda being displease about what they did, it kinda show it canon especially since Haki has been confirm already by Luffy and Judge on.

Plus giving someone a power they don't have would have run it by Oda first on in the scene on giving him visible Armament Haki. If they show it with no repercussions, then it shows that Sanji can use it. Maybe he been using it the whole time, but can't show it due to wearing black pants and black shoes which is hard to hard to show color scheme in already darken entire on it. Now that he was wearing an non-dark attire, it can be shown more.
I’ve heard before that Oda has more to do with his anime than a lot of other mangaka so it’s entirely possible that they would need his approval. Having said that, anime in general is pretty notorious about adding stuff that they just felt like adding that doesn’t work in the course of the manga, not including filler episodes that (of course) may as well just be ignored. Colors of characters in anime are specifically notorious for being wrong, One piece very much included.
 

hokageji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
4,976
Reaction score
3,744
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Not to get into physics, because it doesn’t necessarily matter in a fictional world, but you need something harder than the thing you are going to cut, in order to cut it. For example, you need something harder than steel, to cut steel. (Before people mention plasma cutters, they are melting steel not cutting it)
I think this is important even in the OP world, which is why a DF ability alone shouldn't be enough defense against haki.... So a sword with minimal haki wouldn't cut, say Jozu, it'll need to have haki+sword collectively harder than diamond to be able to cut it.

Also, diamong is relevant becuase it is the hardest substance, but not the strongest. Diamond is as brittle as glass, you can easily shatter it with a hammer. But cutting it, different matter.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

the pk himself said they almost killed each other, on that flashback about ace´s childhood.
I guess you mean Garp here.. i wouldnt use PK as an example, but ROX is more relevant specially since both linlin and Kaido were likely to be a part of that group.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
In interview Oda said he let anime insert things he couldn't do, so stuff can be taken as canon filler and since we have yet to hear Oda being displease about what they did, it kinda show it canon especially since Haki has been confirm already by Luffy and Judge on.
While Oda contributed with something to the anime, that doesn't automatically everything there true to the manga.

That said, Luffy said Sanji could hit a Logia, so he should be able to use "Black" Armament.
 

nik87

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 25, 2016
Messages
3,658
Reaction score
3,348
Country
The Wall
That said, Luffy said Sanji could hit a Logia, so he should be able to use "Black" Armament.
I am assuming that he is able to use Hardening as well but it is doable to hit logias without it too.

Anime changed some things too much that it ruined some scenes for me and its been several years since I stopped watching anime because it's not staying true to Manga. The argument that Oda puts into Anime things which cant add into Manga isnt a good argument, since he can show Sanji in Hardening every time he fought after that statement and he chose not to.
Also, that statement is meant for databooks which provide information that isnt really relevant to the Manga but give some depth to the characters, such as age, height, birth place, favorite foods, Haki types on characters from which it is expected to have Haki...
 

TrueRaiKage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2013
Messages
1,011
Reaction score
913
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I am sure prime Garp would beat BM/Kaido anytime anyday (slightly off topic I know), right now I doubt he can (maybe BM? Kaido no way, I doubt Garp has what it takes to beat him now)

I seriously do hope that Kid is training as well or something, would be disappointed if he doesn't get strong enough to make Kaido feel pain
Wow!....I understand why you say this I really do.

However, WB beat KIADO. WB respected Garps strength vicariously via PK. If WB n PK were both on the same level I must argue that Garp is more than capable of taking KIADO. Both then and before WB joined PK on the last voyage west.
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
Wow!....I understand why you say this I really do.

However, WB beat KIADO. WB respected Garps strength vicariously via PK. If WB n PK were both on the same level I must argue that Garp is more than capable of taking KIADO. Both then and before WB joined PK on the last voyage west.
Show me a panel that says WB beat Kaido
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
He said Kiado, not Kaido, you blind bat, and given Kiado is an unknown while Whitebeard was known as the strongest man, I see no reason not to believe TrueRaiKage.

Anyway, I didn't know you needed blackening to hit a logia, and that normal CoA wouldn't do. Other than that, we know Sanji has CoA for sure, and manga has provided at least two moments as proof.
 

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,500
Reaction score
5,713
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
He said Kiado, not Kaido, you blind bat, and given Kiado is an unknown while Whitebeard was known as the strongest man, I see no reason not to believe TrueRaiKage.

Anyway, I didn't know you needed blackening to hit a logia, and that normal CoA wouldn't do. Other than that, we know Sanji has CoA for sure, and manga has provided at least two moments as proof.

Where was this mentioned ? We have seen Luffy hit Caribou and CC without hardening

Re Kaido vs WB, well it seems implied by Oda that WB did beat Kaido or at the very least, gave him his scar. Otherwise, Kaido wouldn't be so obsessed with WB tbh
 

jackson5

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
7
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Where was this mentioned ? We have seen Luffy hit Caribou and CC without hardening

Re Kaido vs WB, well it seems implied by Oda that WB did beat Kaido or at the very least, gave him his scar. Otherwise, Kaido wouldn't be so obsessed with WB tbh


We have FOR SURE taht Shanks stops Kaido fleet, in Marineford arc.

Kaido wanted to fight White Beard, so, to increase the chances of saving the Ace, The Red-Hair Pirates stops Kaido fleet.

Something about the scar is never mentioned, but we can suppose that WB make the scar in Kaido scales/skin.
 

TrueRaiKage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2013
Messages
1,011
Reaction score
913
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Show me a panel that says WB beat Kaido
I suck at panel dropping so maybe someone can post off my description....

Kiado was in the cloud terminal due to his fight with WB. Kaido mentions WB doing a number on him.

I might be wrong but im pretty sure
 

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 14, 2015
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
1,684
Gender
Male
Country
South Africa
I suck at panel dropping so maybe someone can post off my description....

Kiado was in the cloud terminal due to his fight with WB. Kaido mentions WB doing a number on him.

I might be wrong but im pretty sure
Yeap your wrong, it was never said WB scared Kaido

Kaido was sad because WB managed to pull of dying while he cant.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Where was this mentioned ? We have seen Luffy hit Caribou and CC without hardening

Re Kaido vs WB, well it seems implied by Oda that WB did beat Kaido or at the very least, gave him his scar. Otherwise, Kaido wouldn't be so obsessed with WB tbh
https://mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/one-piece-power-level-discussion-thread.3008551/post-5032840 mentioned here

Wasn't Kaidou crying because Whitebeard was the only one who could or who had the potential to kill him, and Whitebeard ended up dying?
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
Not necessarily... Kaido could just be jealous that White Beard died. Not saying that it is not because Kaido expected White Beard to be the one that would kill him, but it's not really said.
 

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
Guess we can seal up that now Zoro vs Orochi is the destined fight to be especially after seeing him killing Yasu. So that much hurt those who think Zoro vs King would happen xD.

I think King will face Law as Law is an credible threat and Law also need an serious opponent to face of with, but can be the same with Queen to as Queen might not be Sanji's opponent and could be King as well. Though hard to say on who versus wo in final fights, but we got leads where it can lead to and who the others will face.
 

nik87

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 25, 2016
Messages
3,658
Reaction score
3,348
Country
The Wall
Guess we can seal up that now Zoro vs Orochi is the destined fight to be especially after seeing him killing Yasu. So that much hurt those who think Zoro vs King would happen xD.
What stops Zoro from taking on both Orochi and King and also Kyoshiro and delivering the fatal blow to Kaido? 🤔
 

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
Everything. It's unbelievable if he does. You see the fanbase, they lost faith majority on his durability after that fight. Plus feel out of nowhere to face King since nothing leads to a fight between them. So far by direction, Oda wants Zoro face Orochi as final fight opponent. I don't see him winning two fights in a row like that especially King is one of the YC to boot. This is arc is showing he isn't insane in stamina like Luffy, so don't think we can see him win an serious fight to move into another serious and tougher fight for him to win as that be unrealistic on how far he can go.
 
Top