goldb

片翼の天使/ Katayoku no Tenshi
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Admin Notice:

Most of what's needed to be said about this Zoro power level and limits has been said, I've just gone back a week's worth of posts and it's literally the same things being repeated. A lot of what has been mentioned in terms of the character and his limit is speculative until we see him pushed in this arc(hopefully), so we can re-evaluate these points afer the fact.
I will be deleting any of the same arguments unless you can provide manga/databook evidence to continue this, so the onus is on you.

There's been too many snide, troll and passive aggressive posts recently. I don't care if you agree with each other or not. If you can't defend your arguments or have nothing constructive to add, then re-evaluate its necessity. I definitely don't want to see any bashing; of character or users.

Also, any discussions not relating to power level will be treated as off-topic, so please take those the correct threads( spoiler: there are pages of threads) or make one. I'll pin this to the top of the page.

If you disagree with anything, PM me or you know...use the report function to save yourself being involved. ~ goldb

goldb

片翼の天使/ Katayoku no Tenshi
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ls are really not damaging. Only fights he lost were Law (Reasonable since Law with Kidd will be WB/Shiki to Luffy's Roger) and lost on purpose with Vergo to help Law and give him the win. Doflamingo did beat him too, but Smoker didn't have his weapon and was protecting his G5 crew at same time, so he was kinda nerf in that fight all around, so can't diminished him fully on that as at least he gave what he can. Garp probably have his share of loses in his journey of becoming how he is, so doubt we should say Smoker won't be like that just because one arc had him on losing end. He gotten stronger since then and will come back better than before.

I hope to see more clashes with him and development on Tashigi too as she has good potential on being strong VA in her future or maybe even the first female Admiral we see in the series xD.

I do hope to see them again, hopefully when they head to Wano to be involved in this war as having Marines there be biggest neutral factor since they be against everyone from Luffy's side and Kaido's side. Think of all the fights and battles that can take place in that crazy chaos around.
It is when you compare that to victories, especially post timeskip, which is none. I can't recall the Vergo clash without having to go back and re-read it, but I find it difficult to believe one would lose on purpose unless he knew he couldnt defeat his opponent; so creating an opportunity for another to assist.

Smoker not having his jitte probably didn't help that fight be as challenging as it could've but I don't think he would have won either way against DD. His crew's presence did nothing to compromise that encounter though; most of them were knocked out or slashed with strings before DD even laid hands on Smoker. Had his crew being under DD's control, then I'd understand the nerf control because it'd mean he wouldn't be able to stop Doflamingo without hurting his crew himself.

But as I said in my previous post, the defeats aside, I do want to see Smoker again; I really like him as a character and a Marine. His interactions with the crew is always fun; theyve been prison pals a few times now too lol. If he attacked Luffy at sea again, Luffy would've probably be shocked because he'd think they were friends now :XD

thedude

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I like Smoker, but his loss to DF doesn't make me believe him as an Admiral ever. i can't imagine any of the old admirals having such a weak showing. Smoker and Bastille are why I have said we need to stop using VA as a benchmark for upper tier strength (and the guy Bartolomeo beat up). Some people were acting like VA level is near YC level. And yet, we have guys losing easily to guys in that level. I have DF and Sabo at least at YC level, and they just had no issues beating marine VA's.

Sachsenhesse

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
VA are the redshirts and Worfs of this world. Just hypeinstruments. Even after the loss of two admirals... not one of them got promoted.

Fox666

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Why would anyone still think the Vice-Admirals are strong?

Even someone like Bartolomeo can easily defeat a Vice-Admiral.

Gion and Tokikake were introduced to the series as candidates to become Admirals because none of the other Vice-Admirals were worth being appointed.

If the Vice-Admirals were pirates, they would have bounties of 100 million.

MUIMadara

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Why would anyone still think the Vice-Admirals are strong?

Even someone like Bartolomeo can easily defeat a Vice-Admiral.

Gion and Tokikake were introduced to the series as candidates to become Admirals because none of the other Vice-Admirals were worth being appointed.

If the Vice-Admirals were pirates, they would have bounties of 100 million.
Smoker will probably end up being an admiral EOS but the way things are going, if he was at Wano, he would've been dead like 40 chapters ago lol.

Monox D. I-Fly

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Smoker will probably end up being an admiral EOS but the way things are going, if he was at Wano, he would've been dead like 40 chapters ago lol.
If Caribou can survive, Smoker can.
Now this brings me to another question. Instead of killing his enemies, Kaido prefers to break their spirit and tries to recruit them. Does this only apply to pirates? What if Smoker engages Kaido in a battle and loses, would Kaido try to recruit him? Yes we know Kaido has a Marine in his crew (Drake), but Kaido himself doesn't know that. Drake was recruited as a pirate. So, would Kaido try to recruit some strong Marines?

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
If Caribou can survive, Smoker can.
Now this brings me to another question. Instead of killing his enemies, Kaido prefers to break their spirit and tries to recruit them. Does this only apply to pirates? What if Smoker engages Kaido in a battle and loses, would Kaido try to recruit him? Yes we know Kaido has a Marine in his crew (Drake), but Kaido himself doesn't know that. Drake was recruited as a pirate. So, would Kaido try to recruit some strong Marines?
Probably not. Pirates are still Pirates, it's better to have them working for you than against you. Not so much with Marines...

eefrit

Living Happy
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Drake had already made a name for himself as a former marine who became a pirate, so he already had an in.

Smoker is not only a public marine, but a decently famous one at that. Kaido would likely kill Smoker on principle, as well as any other marine he beat.